We don’t teach physical education in schools anymore.
再也不用在学校上体育课了
In the U.S., only one state
在美国 只有一个州
Requires mandatory physical education for grades k-12.
强制要求从幼儿园到12年级上体育课
It’s also one of the fattest — Illinois.
也就是最胖城市之一 伊利诺斯州
You got a heart rate?
看到心率了吗
Phil Lawler is the Phys Ed teacher
Phil Lawler是麦迪逊
At Madison junior high school,
初中的体育老师
Home of the soaring warhawks,
这里是美国鹰派人物的老窝
The snack-ridden school lunches we saw earlier,
快餐化的学校午餐 我们刚刚见识过了
And one of the most well-executed
这里还是全国
Physical education programs in the country.
体育教育计划执行得最好的地方
Supported mostly by fundraising and parent involvement,
大部分通过募捐和家长参与来支持
Lawler has created a role model for instructors
Lawler已成为全国各学区
And school districts nationwide.
教师学习的榜样
When’s the last time you ever heard of a science class
你何时听说过自然科学课
Fundraising to get their labs?
能通过募捐建实验室
Eventually, society has to step up to the plate
最后 社会必须行动起来
And say, “This is important.
达成共识说 这很重要
“We should have daily physical education
我们应该每天上体育课
And equip it properly.”
并适当配置设备
We have to say, “Our greatest strength
我们得承认 年轻人
Is the resource of our young people.”
是我们最强大的资源
That’s our future.
那是我们的未来
And the way we’re treating our resources right now,
而我们目前对待年轻人的方式
We’re running into some serious problems with that.
却发生了严重的偏差
I’ve always said we’ve never had healthcare in this country.
我一直认为 我们国家从来没有”保健服务”
We’ve only had “sick care.”
只有”生病医疗服务”
I think daily physical education is the only place out there
我认为日常的体育课 是唯一能够
That’s really offering a solution.
真正解决这一问题的办法
When I start the music,
当我开始播放音乐
You are gonna begin traveling through general space.
大家就绕着这里跑一圈
You will go back to your spot,
等你们回到原点
And I will tell you a body shape.
就做我所说的那个身体形状
Watch out for other…
注意别撞到其他…
People!
小朋友
Round!
抱成一团
Good job.
做得好
How many days a week
孩子们在学校
Do the kids here at this school get to go to gym?
一周有几天上体育课
Once. For 45 minutes. One day a week. N84
就一次 45分钟 一周一天
Is that enough?
这样够吗
No. Nowhere close.
不 远远不够
Not when the surgeon general recommends that, at minimum,
远远不到美国卫生局建议的最少运动量
You need 30 minutes of physical activity a day
每天最少需要30分钟的体育活动
To maintain your weight and a healthy well-being.
才能够维持体重 保持健康
So, once a week is nowhere close.
所以一周一次根本不够
In 2001, President Bush announced his presidency
2001年 布♥什♥总统宣布他上任后
With sweeping education reform.
将进行彻底的教育改革
The “no child left behind” act
“不让一个孩子掉队”的法案
Would now hold states accountable
将让各州承担起责任
For not having students who met
确保每一位学生
Minimum education requirements.
都达到最低教育要求
Apparently, we were not only the
显然 我们不仅是这个世界上
Fattest nation in the world,
肥胖人口最多的国家
But we were quickly becoming the stupidest.
还很快沦为了最为愚蠢的国家
It may be sending a very difficult message for schools.
这对学校来说 几乎是不可能完成的任务
One of the reasons recess is being cut back
正如我之前提到的 原因之一
In elementary schools, as I said earlier —
就是小学的体育课被大量缩减
That’s being cut out so they can prepare for the tests.
他们缩减体育课 来准备各科的考试
And something I’ve said to a couple of groups —
我和一些社会团体说过
We could end up with youngsters
我们的年轻人最终会变得这样
Who can read but who are fat.
能读书认字 但都是胖子
So we have “fat readers.”
一个个都是”能读写的胖子”
The more and more we put mandates on the school,
我们对学校的强制要求越多
To be very myopic in their focus,
他们的目光就会越来越短浅
We mitigate against all of these other areas
只有减少对其他各方面的要求
Where they should be devoting time and energy,
才能解放他们的时间与精力
Including Phys Ed, nutrition, health.
投入到体育 营养学和健康上
These are all the things being cut out.
而现在这些课程 都在被不断缩减
Who in here can tell me what a calorie is?
这里谁能告诉我卡路里是什么
Something you should watch.
一些需要注意的东西
Yeah. You got that right.
是的 你说对了
Is it the fat that goes through your, um…
是指人体内的脂肪吗
What’s a calorie?
什么是卡路里
Oh, Jesus.
上帝啊
A calorie is an increment of, um…
卡路里是一种增量
Um, that’s a good question.
问得好
Most of us know what a calorie actually is.
大部分人知道卡路里实际上是什么
I don’t know.
不知道
Oh, wait.
等一下
Is a calorie some part of fat? Like — I don’t know.
卡路里是某种脂肪吗 就像… 不知道了
It’s something that builds up the fat in your body.
是某些让你发胖的东西
Calories are not good
卡路里不好
It’s the amount of —
是很多…
See, I don’t know.
我不知道
I want to say it’s the amount of calories in a calorie.
我想说它是卡路里的很多卡路里
I never pay no mind to what calories are.
我从来没注意过卡路里是何物
I just eat when I’m hungry, and that’s it.
饿了就吃 仅此而已
If you can tell me what a calorie is, go ahead.
如果你能告诉我卡路里是什么 就说吧
A calorie is a measure of the energy content of food,
卡路里是食物所含能量的计量单位
And a calorie, the kind that you usually see
你通常所见到的所谓”卡路里”
When you see the caloric content on food labels,
就在食品标签的热量表上
One calorie is the amount of energy
一卡路里热量
That’s needed to raise the temperature of a liter of water
就是一公升水温度升高一度
By one degree centigrade.
所需的能量总和
Well said.
说得好
Could I get a bacon, egg, and cheese mcgriddle?
来一份火腿蛋芝士煎香肠
Smells like a little pancake.
闻起来像薄煎饼
Tastes like a little pancake.
吃起来也像
Look at that.
看那个
I haven’t walked a half-mile a day since we’ve been here.
自从到了这 我连半英里[800米]都没走到
No wonder everything’s bigger in Texas
难怪德州什么都比较大
If you’re inside, stay there.
如果您在家 那就待着吧
The blizzard of 2003 isn’t over yet.
2003年的暴风雪还没有过去
I got my lunch.
我买♥♥了午餐
I got my dinner.
还有晚餐
Never have to leave the house.
就可以足不出户了
I’m not gonna completely become vegan
我不可能完全变成素食主义者
Just because you want me to.
就因为你希望我那样
I’m not saying you should do it because I want you to.
我可没说过 因为我希望你就得这么做
I’m saying you need to think about
我是说你需要好好想想
What you believe is a system
你所信仰的肉食主义是
That it is corrupt and immoral and wrong and hurtful,
堕落的 不道德的 错误而且有害的
But you’re gonna be a part of it.
你却仍是执迷不悟
Where is the disconnect there?
何时才会幡然醒悟
Why don’t you make that choice?
为何还不做出选择
Why don’t I make the choice to not eat meat?
为何我还不选择从此不再吃肉
Yes.
是的
Because you like it.
因为你喜欢吃肉
’cause I like meat. It tastes good.
因为我喜欢吃肉 肉很好吃
I like bacon. I love pork chops.
我喜欢吃培根 喜欢吃猪排
Ham is the greatest thing ever.
火腿是最棒的食物
I’m sure heroin is awesome.
我敢说海♥洛♥因♥棒极了
Heroin and ham are in completely different categories.
海♥洛♥因♥和火腿是完全不同类的东西
I’m sorry, but ham and heroin are not the same thing.
抱歉 火腿和海♥洛♥因♥不一样
They’re not.
绝对不一样
They’re not.
绝对不一样
I could be strung out on ham for days and be okay.
我可能会吃火腿吃上瘾 连吃好几天 但没事
You are a little strung out.
你已经有点上瘾了
And I am strung out on ham.
我确实对火腿上瘾了