put them inside.
放进去
And that’s it.
就好了
How long have you been working here?
你来着工作多久了吗
Two years.
两年了
Do you have family here?
你在这有亲人吗
No. My wife and kids are in Mexico.
我的妻子和孩子都在墨西哥
My family is in the Dominican.
我的亲人在多米尼加
Remember me? Yes.
记得我吗 是
But sorry, I still don’t have a job for you.
不过对不起 我这还是没有工作
That’s okay. I already found one.
没关系 我已经找到一个了
Actually, I’m trying to make a table…
其实 我是想做一张桌子
And I’d like to buy some wood and supplies.
我来买♥♥点木头和辅料
I don’t really sell raw materials.
但我不卖♥♥原料
I just moved here…
我刚搬到这里来
and I don’t have a space to work. So I was wondering if…
我也没有工作间所以我想
If I could use your workshop.
能否用一下你的车间
I could work for you in exchange. Help you clean up…
作为交换我可以给你工作帮你打扫
Whatever you need.
任何你需要我做的事情
You don’t have to pay me.
你不需要付我钱
Somebody paying you for the table?
有人买♥♥你的桌子吗
No. It’s a gift for my mom.
不是只是给我妈妈的礼物
Something I like to do.
这是我喜欢干的事情
How old are you?
你多大了
Twenty.
20岁
Who taught you to make tables?
谁教你做桌子的
My dad. He was a carpenter in San Pedro.
我爸爸他是圣佩德罗的木匠
I’ve got a few guys from there working here.
我有几个从那来的小伙子在这工作
I’m Puerto Rican.
我是波多黎加人
What are you doing in New York?
你在纽约干什么吗
I came to work. I used to play baseball.
来着工作以前是打棒球的
The whole world plays baseball.
全世界都打棒球
My son’s sixteen.
我16岁的儿子
Won’t touch a piece of wood that’s not a baseball bat.
不会碰除了棒球棒之外的木头
I never cared for the game, myself. Too slow.
我自己从来不关系那东西太慢了
Your mom still in San Pedro?
你妈妈还在圣佩德罗吗
Yeah. With my sister and brother.
和我的兄弟姐妹一起
So, let’s see…
让我想想
You’re telling me that you want to make a table for your mom…
你是说你想做一张桌子给你妈妈
then mail it back to her in the Dominican Republic?
然后寄回多米尼加吗
Yes.
是的
What’s your name?
你叫什么名字
Miguel.
米盖尔
Osvaldo.
我叫奥斯瓦多
Is Sofia there?
索非亚在吗
Yes, it’s Miguel again.
是的 是我米盖尔
Could you tell her…
你能告诉她
Just tell her I called.
就告诉她我来过电♥话♥了
So you never liked baseball? Not even as a kid?
所以你从来没有喜欢过棒球 小时候也没有
Sometimes during the play-offs I’ll watch a game or two.
有时候 季后赛 我会看一两场
Who’s your favorite player?
你最喜欢哪个远动员吗
I don’t know enough to have a favorite.
根本没到喜欢的程度
C’mon, everybody has a favorite player.
说吧 每个人都有一个最喜欢的
Fine.
好吧
José Canseco.
何塞·坎塞科
That’s the best you can do?
这是你能想到的吗
It’s all the same to me. What about you?
对我来说都一样 你呢
Roberto Clemente.
罗伯托·克莱蒙托
What do you know about Clemente?
你知道克莱蒙托什么
I read something where he said…
我看过他说
“If you have the opportunity…
如果你有机会
“to help someone, and you don’t, then you’re wasting your life.”
去帮助别人 但你却没有 你就是在浪费你的生命
Besides…
另外
He was a carpenter, too.
他也是个木匠
Get out of here.
离开这
For real. He used to make furniture during the off-season.
真的 他在休赛期的时候自己做家具
Are you messing with me?
你别跟我开玩笑
Because you know I can google this fool right now.
你知道我现在就能用Google查
Google? Yeah, the Internet.
Google是什么 对 英特网
Don’t worry. I’ll teach you someday.
不用担心 以后我会教你
When did you get released?
你什么被裁退了吗
I didn’t get released.
我还没被裁退
I left a few weeks before the season ended.
我在赛季结束前几个星期离开了
You left?
你离开了?
When was that?
什么时候的事
About two weeks ago.
大概两星期之前
Who are you staying with?
你和谁住一起吗
Oh, you know, with a friend.
和一个朋友
But if you know somebody who needs a roommate…
但是你如果知道有人需要室友的话
Why’d you leave?
你为什么离开
Do you have any family here?
你在这有亲人吗
But I’m okay.
但我过得很好
I have some money saved, a couple friends.
我攒了点钱 还有些朋友
I’ll go home to visit soon.
我很快会回家去看他们
Pay for one night, $75. Hey, amigo. You owse money.
我住一夜 75美元 米盖尔 你还欠我一星期的房♥钱
A whole week? I know, I have tomorrow.
我知道 我明天还你
No problem. Yes, problem.
没问题 不 这是个问题
You don’t have it by tomorrow, you have a big problem.
如果你明天不还钱 问题就大了
Frank… it’s Miguel.
弗兰克 我是米盖尔
My God, Miguel. What the hell happened?
天哪 米盖尔 到底怎么回事
Sorry for calling late.
很抱歉这么晚才给你打电♥话♥
I’m in New York.
我现在在纽约
I heard. You’re making me look bad.
我听说了 你让我很难堪
What the hell are you doing there?
你在那里做什么呢
I got a job, but… I don’t know if I’m going to stay.
我找到了份工作 但是… 我不知道是否该留下来
Where you gonna go?
你能做什么
The season’s over. Your visa’s expired.
赛季已经结束了 你的签证也到期了
I know, but…
我知道 但是…
I thought maybe I could…
我想我可以…
I can talk to Alvarez.
我可以跟阿尔瓦兹谈谈
But I don’t know what to tell you.
但是我不知道该跟你说什么
They’re not happy about this.
他们对这件事不太高兴
I know.
我知道
I’m sorry.
很抱歉
Hey, look who’s here.
看看谁来了
Well, down to work.
快开始工作吧
I’ve got nowhere to go.
我无家可归了
So, Miguel…
米盖尔
I did some research, and now I’ve got a favorite player.
我做了些调查 现在我有最喜欢的球员了
Who is it, then?
是谁呢
Vic Power. You know him?
维克·鲍沃 你知道他吗
You ought to.
你应该知道
One of the best first basemen ever.
史上最好的一垒手之一
He was Puerto Rican. But that’s not why he’s my favorite.
他是波多黎各人 但这不是我最喜欢他的原因
When he first arrived in the States, around ’51 , ’52…
他第一次到美国去的时候 大概是’51 ’52
he was playing in the minors. Little Rock, Arkansas.
他当时在打美国职棒小联盟 在阿肯色州小岩城
And he stopped into this diner for lunch.
他到一家餐馆用午餐
Now, Vic knew very little English.
维克不太懂英语
Didn’t even notice the sign hanging in the window that said…
根本没有看到玻璃上挂着的牌子上面写着
“Whites only.”
“只准白人进入”
And Vic was black. I mean black like you.
但维克是黑人 跟你一样的黑人
So what happens?
接下来发生了什么呢
He comes in and sits down at the counter.
他走进了餐馆 在前台坐下
And this little waitress comes up to him and says…
这时一个小服务员过来对他说
I’m sorry, we don’t serve colored people.
对不起 我们不为有色人种服务
So Vic leans close to the waitress and he says…
Vic靠近服务员 说
That’s okay. I don’t eat colored people.
没关系 我不吃有色人种
Understand?
明白了吗
She says, “We don’t serve blacks.”
那个服务员说 “我们不为黑人服务”
And he says, “That’s okay, I don’t eat black people.”
他回答说 “没关系 我不吃黑人的”
He’s my favorite!
他是我的最爱

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!