你首先让我做的事是 提升自己的生命力
[Jonah] One of the first things you got me working on was my life force.
那是可以直接改变你的生活的工具
That was such an immediate thing that can change your life
而且我觉得任何人都可以轻松掌握
and something that I think anyone can easily latch onto.
提升生命力是我迈向疗愈的第一步
And it was the first step for me
in beginning the process of getting better.
没错 典型的情况是这样的
Yeah, that’s correct. Here’s the classic thing that happens.
一个很抑郁的病人来到我的办公室 他告诉我
A guy’s depressed, he comes into my office, and he says,
“我知道我有很多坏习惯 我知道我没纪律 我知道我很懒
“I know my habits are shit.”
“I…I…I know I’m undisciplined. I know I’m lazy.”
但要是我知道我应该做些什么
“But if I only knew what I was supposed to be doing,
我的人生使命是什么
what my mission was in life, essentially, I’d be like I was shot out of a gun.”
那我肯定会干劲满满
但我不知道我应该做些什么
“But I don’t know what I’m supposed to be doing,
所以就懒懒散散 什么也不做”
so I’m just gonna be lazy and do nothing.”
接着抑郁症自然就找上门来了
Then, from that, obviously comes the depression.
这一工具适用于你
There’s something that…that will apply to you
以及所有失去方向 或者不知道下一步该怎么走的人
and to anybody else who doesn’t have a sense of direction
or doesn’t know what they should do next,
那就是提升自己的生命力
and the answer is, you can always work on your life force.
(生命力)
[piano music plays]
要想知道自己该做些什么 要想认清自己 只有一个方法
The only way to find out what you should be doing, like who you are,
那就是激活你的生命力
is to activate your life force,
因为当你迷失方向的时候
because your life force is the only part of you
只有你的生命力能够引导你
that actually is capable of guiding you when you’re lost.
如果把它想象成一个金字塔 生命力可分为三个层次
If you think of it as a pyramid, there’s three levels of the life force.
最底层是你与你的身体的关系
The bottom level is your relationship with your physical body.
(人际)
The second layer is your relationship with other people.
最顶层是你与自己的关系
And the highest level is your relationship with yourself.
底层代表的是你与你的身体的关系
The bottom step is your relationship to your physical body.
你需要做的就是让身体更好地运作 这是肯定有效的
All you gotta do is get your body working better, and it always works.
最常见的情况就是缺乏运动
The most classic thing is they’re not exercising.
另一个是饮食习惯
Diet is another one,
还有睡眠
and sleeping.
在能使自己精神状况好转的因素中
So what percentage of that stuff
改善身体健康占多少比例?
is what makes you actually feel better at first?
刚开始的时候
Well, when it starts out,
大概85%
it’s probably 85%.
非常高
It’s very high.
太他妈夸张了
[Jonah] How fucking crazy is that?
我小的时候
When I was a kid,
运动和饮食这两个词对我来说
exercise and diet was framed to me in like,
就像是暗示我身材有问题一样
“There’s something wrong with how you look.”
从来没有人从心理健康的角度
But never once was exercise or diet
向我提出过多运动或注意饮食的建议
propositioned to me in terms of mental health.
我只是希望人们没被灌输这样的概念
I just wish that was presented to people differently.

Yeah.
因为这给我造成了很多问题
[Jonah] Because, for me,
that caused a lot of problems
甚至影响了我和妈妈的关系
and even problems with me and my mom.
她的建议激起了我的强烈反抗
I really met her, like, with an attitude of,
“去你的 我才不要 你这是在说我有问题”
“Fuck you, I don’t want to do that,
because you’re saying there’s something wrong with me.”
嗯?解释一下
Yeah? Explain that.
我可以解释 但我不想详说 因为这部电影的主角是你 不是我
Um, I can, but I’m not gonna go into it, ’cause this movie is about you, not me.
但如果我说 你说得越详细
But what if I said the more you elaborate on it,
我就越容易找到症结所在呢?
the easier it’s gonna be for me to take some chances.
你有没有这样想过?
Did you ever think of it like that?
我会说你应该拍一部关于我的电影
I would say you should make a movie about me,
而不是让我拍一部关于你的电影
instead of me making a movie about you.
[both laugh]
说得好
Yeah, that’s a good one.
好 所以这就是第一层
Okay. So that’s the first level.
下一层是你与其他人的关系
The next one is your relationship to other people,
当人们抑郁的时候 其实并不会终止自己的人际关系
’cause when people get depressed,
it’s not that they end their relationships.
只是像一艘消失在地平线上的船一样
It’s like a ship disappearing over the horizon.
他们开始脱离生活
They start to get pulled back, away from their life,
而人际关系就像…
and relationships are like–
你知道攀岩时用的岩钉吧?
You know those things when you’re climbing a mountain, pounding those pitons,
它们就像把手
it’s like a handhold.
你的人际关系就像把手 帮助你把自己重新拉回到生活中
So your relationships are like handholds to let yourself get pulled back into life.
关键是你必须采取主动
The key of it is you have to take the initiative.
如果你静等对方主动 那你就不明白这其中的道理
If you’re waiting for them to the take the initiative, you don’t understand.
你可以邀请某人一起吃午饭 就算你觉得他无聊也没关系
You could invite somebody out to lunch that you don’t find interesting,
不管怎样 都会给你带来积极的影响
it doesn’t matter, it will affect you anyway, in a positive way.
从象征意义上说 那个人代表了整个人类
That person represents the whole human race, symbolically.
所以这就是中间层 最顶层代表的是你与你自己的关系
So that’s the middle tier,
and the highest tier is your relationship with yourself.
(自己)
The best way to say it is to get yourself in a relationship with your unconscious,
最好的解释是 你必须与自己的潜意识建立关系
因为要想知道自己的潜意识里有什么 就得先把它激活
because nobody knows what’s in their unconscious
unless they activate it.
关于这点有个诀窍 那就是写作
And one trick about this is writing.
这是非常神奇的一件事
It’s really a magical thing.
写作能让你增进与自己的关系
You enhance your relationship with yourself by writing.
有些人会说
Some people say, “Well, write what?”
“写什么? 我不感兴趣 我又不是作家”
“I’m not interesting. I’m not a writer.” It doesn’t matter.
这都无所谓
If you start to write, the writing is like a mirror.
当你开始写作 你的文字就像一面镜子
它反映了你无意识里正在发生的事情
It reflects what’s going on in your unconscious,
如果你以日志的形式写作
and things will come out if you write in journal form
那些你不知道自己知道的事 全都会一一浮现
that you didn’t know that you knew.
这就是生命力的三个层次
These are the three levels of the life force.
如果你迷失了方向 不要试图去弄明白
If you’re lost, don’t try to figure it out.
随它去 先在你的生命力上下功夫
Let it go and work on your life force first.
这关乎热忱
It’s about passion.
提升你的生命力
Increasing your life force
这样你就能找到你真正的热忱所在
so you can find out what you’re really passionate about.
但第一步是要热衷于 与自己的生命力建立联♥系♥
But step one is to be passionate about connecting to your own life force,
这是人人都能做到的
and anybody can do that.
只要搞定了金字塔 其他一切似乎就会水到渠成
[Jonah] If I just do that pyramid, everything else seems to fall into place?
对 其他一切自会水到渠成
It will. Everything else will fall in place.
这些你都是怎么想出来的?
[Jonah] So how do you come up with this stuff?
我以前有位导师 那时候我还很年轻
Well, I once had a supervisor– I was very young.
甚至都还没开设自己的诊所
I didn’t even have my own practice yet.
当时我会跟病人聊 他们30年前经历过的事
I’m talking to people about what happened 30 years ago in their life
或者他们的问题的根源
or what was the cause of their problem.
可他们走的时候跟进来的时候一样
They would walk out the same way they walked in,
感觉糟糕透顶 绝望不已
feeling like shit and basically hopeless.
所以我就跟导师说
So I said to him,
“我们能做些什么 让他们尽快♥感♥觉好一点吗?
“Is there anything we can do so that they can feel better,
至少感觉到点什么?”
feel something at least, sooner?”
那个家伙却跟我说
And the guy… [chuckles] The guy says to me,
“你想都别想”
“Don’t you dare,” he says.
这个人似乎根本就不了解人的境况
It was like somebody who fundamentally didn’t understand the human condition.
我说“等等 我们必须在当下那一刻做点什么”
I said, “Wait, we have to do something right at the moment.”
不一定要解决他们所有的问题
It doesn’t have to solve all their problems,
但必须让他们感觉到 他们此时此刻就可以改变
but you have to give somebody the feeling that they can change right now.
我不希望病人 一无所获地走出我的办公室
I didn’t want people walking out of my office with nothing.
你是否担心过 这种策略会让他们采取错误的行动?
Did you ever worry, with that strategy, you’d give them the wrong piece of action?
没有
No.
在这个领域 正如我常说的
In this area, as I always say,
我只是个普通人 没什么特别的 除了这一点
I’m just a regular person, nothing unusual, except for this.
我能把焦点对准你 然后把其他一切都屏蔽掉
I zoom in on you, and I block out everything else.
打从小时候起 人们就经常主动找我倾诉
Since I was a little kid, people have always walked up to me
我一个十岁小毛头 成年人却过来找我倾诉
and told me their problems. A little kid.
I would be ten years old, and a grown man would come up to me.
这些人♥大♥多数我甚至都不认识
Most of them I didn’t even know. They’re just pouring their hearts out.
谁知道那是怎么回事
Who knows where that comes from.
[melancholic music plays]
我5岁前一直住在布朗克斯区 后来我们搬到了曼哈顿
I was in the Bronx till I was five. Then we moved down to Manhattan.
曼哈顿的哪里?
[Jonah] Where in Manhattan?
最初搬到百老汇大街西78街215号♥
The first place was 78th and Broadway. 215 West 78th Street.
都是些中产阶级、辛勤工作的普通人
It was regular, middle-class, working people.
我爸爸是个好男人
My father was a very nice guy.
他性格直爽 有主见
He was loud, opinionated.
他热爱交际
He loved to entertain.