是糟透了
Yeah.
但这种情况要是没发生
[splutters] But if that hadn’t happened,
我一直在开♥发♥的信息也就不会存在
the last bit of information I’ve been developing,
每当我被推倒、被压垮的时候
I wouldn’t have gotten.
It’s like every time I get pushed down and crushed,
我似乎都能得到更多的信息
I seem to get more information.
[melancholic music plays]
帕金森病让我真正地意识到了时间
Parkinson’s has made me aware of time. Like, really aware of it.
这就是我的使命 这就是我应该做的事
My sense of mission, my sense of this is what I’m supposed to do,
这种感觉变得更加强烈了
that got much stronger in me.
如果我不这么做 我就会开始想
If I don’t do that, I start to think about,
“唉 这种事竟然发生在我身上 真没劲”
“Oh, shit, this happened to me.”
这让生活更艰难
“What a drag.” You know, it makes life harder.
然后你就开始自怨自艾
Then you go into this whole pity party thing.
这完全是浪费时间
It’sa complete waste of time.
你会掉进那个自怨自艾的深渊吗?
[Jonah] Do you ever get in that zone? The pity party zone?
会啊 常掉进去
Yeah, I get in it all the time,
但我很快就能跳出来
but I’m very fast at getting out of it.
在剪辑电影的时候
[Jonah] In putting the movie together,
我开始插入你的画来展示这些工具
I started using your drawings to display the tools,
但画有点歪歪扭扭的
and they are a bit shaky,
所以我想问你介不介意我这么做
and I wanted to know if it was okay with you if I did that?
太好了 当然不介意
Oh, it would be great. Definitely do it.
如果歪歪扭扭 那就更好了
And if it’s shaky, it’s even better.
因为这部电影想传达的信息是 我们不可能每次都赢
Because the whole premise of this is we’re not gonna win every time,
我们不可能做到完美
we certainly can’t be perfect, we can’t control it,
我们无法控制这一点
but we have an unstoppable will to go forward.
但我们有不可阻挡的前进的意志
而我的卡片会提醒你这一点
And this reminds you of it.
每张卡片都以稍微不同的方式 去实现相同的目标
Each card has a little bit of a different approach
to basically the same goal,
那就是 “笨蛋 行动起来 不管你有多害怕”
which is, “Schmuck, take action, no matter how frightened you are.”
(全然接纳)
[tense music plays]
这让我想起了全然接纳
[Jonah] That reminds me of Radical Acceptance, which is a big one
这工具很有效 它助我解决了很多问题
and really helps me work through a lot.
没错
That’s right. That’s exactly right.
事情是这样的 每个事件都有你能从中学习的东西
Here’s the thing. Every event has something in it that you can learn from.
当事情出错时
When something goes wrong,
谁都可以说 “也没那么糟啦 睡一觉就没事了”
anybody can say, “Well, it’s not that bad. I’ll recover from it tomorrow.”
这还不够好
That’s not good enough.
你必须建立一种挤出汁液的条件反射
You have to create a reflex to squeeze the juice out.
挤出汁液意味着找出有意义的东西
Squeezing the juice means finding something meaningful.
意味着不让自己陷入消极的情绪中
It’s trying to find the state of not getting into a lot of negativity
而是训练自己说 “我现在要怎么应对?”
but actually training yourself to say, “What am I gonna do about it now?”
我得做几个俯卧撑
I gotta do some push-ups.
有没有什么能够支撑我体重的东西?
Is there anything that’s, you know, strong enough to support my weight?
-你要做俯卧撑? -对 我身体有点僵硬了
-[Jonah] You wanna do push-ups? -Yeah. I’m getting stiff.
你可以在移♥动♥车上做俯卧撑
You can do it on the dolly if you want. The push-ups.
小心点 菲尔
[Jonah] Careful, Phil.
我从来没在这么多人面前做过俯卧撑
I’ve never done this in front of this many people.
即使只是做十个…
Even if I do, like, ten of these… This is good for this.
这太适合用来做俯卧撑了
我能带回家吗?
-Can I take this home? -[all laugh]
史上最贵的俯卧撑…
It’s the most expensive push-up–
第一 你不允许做判断
[Stutz] You’re not allowed to make judgements.
你不允许告诉自己任何负面的东西
You’re not allowed to tell yourself anything negative.
这并不意味着你很蠢 这并不意味着没有负面的东西
It doesn’t mean you’re stupid.
It doesn’t mean there isn’t something negative there.
而是你不允许去经历 那有悖于我们正在做的事
You’re not allowed to go through that. It goes against what we’re doing.
第二 你显然要找出一些积极的东西
Number two, obviously, you want to find something that’s positive about it.
老兄 你挺行啊
Dude, you’re crushing it.
如果每天做100个俯卧撑 自然会变得更强壮嘛
Well, when you do 100 of these a day, you get stronger. [chuckles]
-你每天都做100个? -是啊
-You do 100 of those a day? -Probably.
因为每次我僵硬起来 我就动不了
Yeah, because every time I stiffen up, I can’t move like I should.
现在放松很多 僵硬起来的话 双手会这样动不了
Yeah, now it’s a lot looser,
but, you know, I get like this, I can’t move either of them.
所以发现了这个方法
So I discovered this.
如果你们不把这段剪掉的话 也许观众可以学学
Maybe this’ll spread the word if you guys don’t cut it out of the film.
所以挤出柠檬的汁液
So squeezing the juice out of the lemon
意味着你不仅有意愿去做这件事
means you have not only the will to do this,
而且对它有一定的信心
but you have some faith in it.
意味着这里面有有价值的东西
There’s something there that’s valuable.
接下来会发生的 是一切都开始变得更有意义
And what happens is
everything starts to become more meaningful.
带你走向意义的世界的 不是伟大的事物
You don’t get to the world of meaning through big things.
而是那些微小的事物
You get it through small things.
感觉好多了
I feel better.
-感觉很放松 -我让我妈妈也学学
-I feel loose now. -I do that for my mind.
抱歉
-Oh. -Sorry. [chuckles]
你需要把所有事件都看成是有价值的
[Stutz] You need to look at all events as having value.
如果你能做到这一点 那么等待你的将是巨大的机会
If you can do that, then you’re in a zone of tremendous opportunity.
我要说的就这么多
That’s all I have to say on that.
-[Jonah laughs] -[Stutz chuckles]
潇洒扔麦 说得太棒了
[Jonah] You fucking dropped the mic. That was amazing.
那是最棒的工具之一 那是施图茨的精选作品
That’s one of the best. That’s a Stutz greatest hit.
-确实是最棒的之一 -我昨晚用上了
-Yeah, it is one of the best. -[Jonah] I had to use that last night.
是吗?效果如何?
Oh yeah? How did it work out?
基本上我焦虑发作所以睡不着
[Jonah] So I had an anxiety attack, and I couldn’t sleep.
但我没有因为怕睡眠不足 会影响隔天工作而感到更焦虑
And instead of having more anxiety
about how I’m not getting enough sleep for the next day’s work,
而是采用了全然接纳 并成功利用那段时间
I used Radical Acceptance and was able to actually use that time
为今天的拍摄想出更多的新想法
to come up with more new ideas for the shoot today.
你做得很不错
Yeah, well, you did a good job.
可别搞砸了
Don’t fuck this up now.
我有没有提到该隐与亚伯的事?
[Stutz chuckles]
Did I say anything about Cain and Abel?
-应该没有 -你和他们一起上的高中吗?
Maybe not.
[Jonah] You went to high school with them?
[both laugh]
Lovesick Blues” by Mason Ramsey plays]
我记得当时我好像是九岁
[Stutz] I actually remember… I think I was nine. It wasn’t like today
那时候不像现在这样 那时候坐飞机是大事
where you just hop on a plane. It was a big deal.
那天是个阴天 什么都看不见
And it was– You couldn’t see shit. It wasone of those overcast days.
我就跟我爸爸在聊这些 然后他说
My father was talking to me about some of this stuff…[chuckles]
“别担心 我们会飞到乌云上面 然后就会看到太阳了”
鈥nd he said, “Don’t worry.”
“We’ll get above this, and the sun will be out.”
我简直无法相信
[splutters] I just couldn’t believe it.
我心想“你疯了吗?”
I thought, “What, are you crazy?”
我眼前这片乌云是如此密集
This– How could the sun still be up there
太阳怎么可能还在上面?
when it’s so dense, and I’m seeing all these clouds?
我还记得太阳冲破云层的那一刻
And then, I remember the exact moment
the sun broke through the cloud, and I was so amazed.
我感到惊叹不已
就像整个宇宙的模型变得不同了 因为…
It’s like the whole model of the universe became different because…
它的重要性在于 我不再根据过去五分钟的经历
The importance of it was
I was no longer judging the nature of reality
去判断现实的本质
by my experiences in the last five minutes.
太阳总是在那里
The sun is always up there.
而云总是在这里 挡住了太阳
The cloud is always over here, blocking the sun.
如果你无法突破 你就会觉得那是很糟糕的一天
If you can’t break through, you think it’s a very bad day.
你甚至会觉得那是很糟糕的人生
In fact, you think it’s a very bad life.
(第X部分 乌云)
Every thought you have is gonna affect your mood.
你的每一个念头都会影响你的心情
你的念头要么是积极的 要么是消极的
Every thought you have is gonna be either positive or negative.
感恩之流要你选择积极的念头
So the Grateful Flow wants to choose the positives.
(感恩之流)
[upbeat music plays]
第X部分要你选择消极的念头
Part X wants you to have the negative flow,
所以它就在天上制♥造♥一些乌云 让你看不见太阳
so it’ll create the cloud up there
so you can’t see the sun.
让你忘记天上实际上是阳光明媚的
You forget that it’s actually sunny up there.
所以问题是 你该如何突破云层?
The question becomes, “How do you penetrate the cloud?”
答案是感恩之情
And the answer is, “With gratefulness.”
它给你的感觉是
It gives you the sensation, the feeling,
那里总是有一些积极的东西 即使你完全看不见
that there’s always something up there positive
even if you can’t see it at all.
但你需要一种机制 这时工具就派上用场了
But you have to have a mechanism. That’s where the tool comes in.
感恩之流不是你感恩的东西
The Grateful Flow is not the things you’re grateful for.
感恩之流是创造这些东西的过程
The Grateful Flow is the process of creating these things.
闭上眼睛
So close your eyes.
现在我要你说出两个或三个 最多四个
Now, what you want to do is you say two or three, at most four,
你感恩的东西