-It isn’t? -No.
这是我的灵魂地图
It’s a roadmap to my soul.
就像你会给我一本我最爱的书一样
It’s like if you gave me a favorite book.
对头 接着说
Yeah, speaking of that.
惊喜
Boom.
老天爷
Oh, my gosh.
这是我这辈子见过的最大本的书
Wow, this is the biggest book I’ve ever seen.
这看起来是挺夸张的
I know it looks formidable,
但老实讲 这将成为
but honestly, it’s going to be, like,
你这辈子会舒适的阅读经历之一
one of the most satisfying reading experiences of your life.
是恐怖小说不
Is it scary?
是的 但又不止是恐怖小说
Yeah, sure, but it’s not just a scary book.
有点像《莫比·迪克》的风格 这书包罗万象
It’s like Moby Dick. It’s about everything.
你会沉迷其中不可自拔的
You’re going to be so wrapped up in it,
-到了结尾你会潸然泪下 -你哭过了
-you’re going to be crying at the end of it. -You cried.
你也会哭的 懂了
Oh, you’ll cry, too, okay?
我应该哭过吧
I might have cried.
你为书沉迷的样子真可爱
You’re really cute when you get worked up about books.
那你能沉迷我下吗
Do I have you worked up about me?
-当然 -太好了
-Yeah. -Good.
因为我现在就要你了
Because I’ve got to have you right now.
你父母呢 他们不会进来吗
What about your parents? Won’t they come in?
他们不会进来的
They don’t come in here.
-你确定 -我当然确定 过来
-Are you sure? -I’m sure. Come here.
你的圣诞过得好吗
How was your Christmas?
很好
It was good.
-和家人一起 你懂得 吵吵闹闹 -是啊
-Filled with family. You know, loud. -Yeah.
那么你还没提起过我的书吧
So you haven’t mentioned my book.
是的
Yeah, um…
你不喜欢那书
So you didn’t like it?
不不 不是这样的
No, no, that’s not it.
我太喜欢它了
I liked it a lot.
这书写得无与伦比的好
It’s incredibly well written.
文字表达得充满生机 活灵活现的
The characters are vibrant and alive.
但是
But?
我是说 我知道你是有点愤世嫉俗
I mean, I knew you were cynical,
但这真的就是你对爱和婚姻的态度吗
but is that really how you feel about love and marriage?
我真不知道 有时是这样吧
I don’t know. Sometimes.
谢谢
Oh, thank you.
书里的事有多少真发生过
How much of that really happened?
没有100也有99了
I made most of it up.
我没怎么受我父母离婚的影响
I didn’t draw that much from my parents’ divorce,
其他的也顶多就是像小女孩
other than the little girl seeing her mother
撞到她妈妈和别的男人在沙滩上爱爱
having sex with the man on the beach.
-我了个去 真有这事 -真的
-Holy shit, that really happened? -Yeah.
但是 我那时不算是小女孩了 已经上了高中了
I mean, I wasn’t a little girl. I was in high school.
我爸妈办了个派对 我爬上了房♥顶
My parents were having a party, and I was up on the roof.
那时挺晚的了
It was late, and my mom
我妈妈摇摇晃晃的和马丁到了屋子后头
came staggering out of the back of the house with Martin.
然后她就扑倒了他
And she was all over him.
我还记得马丁那时侯说
And I remember Martin saying,
“比尔怎么办 被他撞见了要咋办”
“What about Bill? What if Bill sees?”
然后我妈妈回答
And my mom replying,
“我才不在乎呢”
“I don’t care.”
“我才不在乎呢”
“I don’t care.”
阿卢
Hey, Lou?
你让我觉得自己不那么愤世嫉俗了
You make me feel less cynical.
轮到我了 到我了 那么…
My turn? My turn. Uh…
最喜欢的电视节目
Favorite TV show.
-《美妙的一年》 -那不错 很好看
-The Wonder Years. -Oh, all right. that’s nice.
我还迷念着维尼·库伯呢
I’m still in love with Winnie Cooper.
那好 最喜欢的歌♥
Okay, favorite song.
披头士”塑胶佩特”
Beatles. “Polythene Pam.”
-有品位 -谢谢 那你的呢
-Great choice. -Thank you. Yours?
“酒吧之间” 艾利亚特·史密斯的歌♥
“Between the Bars” by Elliot Smith.
放给我听听
Play it for me.
我还真有呢
I actually do have it here.
你真走运
You’re in luck.
但是现在…现在真不适合…
Although this is… This is really no way to…
-听这歌♥呢 -尽管放
-to hear a song. -Just play it.
你要一直闭着眼睛
Will you at least close your eyes,
因为你必须要遮住其他不相干的事物
because you got to block out all this other stuff.
-这真让人分心 -好了 你真好玩
-It’s really distracting. -Okay. You’re funny.
我现在觉得好害怕
I’m so scared right now.
我知道 知道
I know. I know.
我不想受伤害
I don’t want to get hurt.
我不会伤害你的
I’m not going to hurt you.
这是你想PO上去的照片吗
And that’s the picture that you want to have up there?
我来另外挑个 很快的
I’m going to trump that though, real quick,
因为你长得就像个连环杀手那样
because you look like a serial killer.
还是选另外这个吧
Let’s take another one.
先给你看看预览图
Let me show you a test picture.
你学着点该怎么弄 好吗
Let me show you how it’s done, okay?
如果我有上这个网站的话 我会说
If I were on this website, I’d say,
“我真想和你约个会 好吗”
“Oh, I’d love to go on a date with you. Yeah?
你真花钱买♥♥了这货
Did you actually pay for that?
-不好吗 -废话
-No? -No.
我能问你些问题吗
Can I ask you a serious question?
你是色盲
Are you color blind?
我♥干♥ 不行
Fuck, no.
说真的 你真的不行…不行
Professional. You do not… no.
知道为什么吗
You know what?
你看起来真不适合派对 我想…
You do not look ready to party. I think…
让我先看一看
Let me just take a look.
你头壳坏去啊
Are you being serious with this?
我们这不是墨西哥呢
We’re not in Cancun.

Eh, no.
这是我最喜欢的衬衫
That’s my favorite shirt.
别再穿了
Don’t ever do it.
-好了 不错 -不错吧
-Okay, good. -Right?
快过来换上
Come get in this right now.
开始吧
Let’s do it.
看吧 看吧
Hubba, hubba.
-你早就买♥♥了这身衣服了 -是的
-Have you had this the whole time? -Yeah.
那为什么…你真令人沮丧
Why on Earth… you are endlessly frustrating.
我真想搞你的这身行头
Oh, I would definitely fuck you in this outfit.
-感觉如何 -很好
-How do you feel? -Good.
行了吗
Oh, right?
好了 走吧
Okay, come on.
嗨 妈妈
Hey, Mom!
你到了
You made it.
-我是凯特 -我叫艾瑞卡
-I’m Kate. -I’m Erica.
很高兴见到你
Nice to meet you.
嗨 需要我帮忙吗
Hey, can I help you find something?
我在找阿司匹林 我头痛
I was looking for some aspirin. I have a headache.
应该在那边
Oh, should be in there.
找到了 谢谢
I got it. Thank you.
威廉
William.
很高兴再见到你 你过得怎样
It’s so good to see you again. How are you?
很高兴再见到你 莱斯利
Great to see you, too, Leslie.
这是我的儿子 拉斯蒂…
This is my son, Rusty…
-这是她的女朋友 凯特 -你好
-And his girlfriend, Kate. -Hello.
很高兴见到你
Nice to meet you.
你为萨曼塔所做的一切真好 真的
This was so nice of you to do this for Samantha, really.
实在是很了不起
This is great.
我也会为你这么做的
I’d have done the same thing for you
如果那时你出版《西装猴子》我有空的话
if you’d published Suit Monkeys under my watch.
好的 那么…
Yeah, well…
我想让你见见你的女儿 萨曼塔·伯根斯
I would like you to meet your daughter, Samantha Borgens.
你可能认为你之前就见过萨曼塔了
You might think you’ve met Samantha before,
但现在的萨曼塔刚刚收到了出版社周末的重点书评

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!