You have a book that’s getting published. Your dad must be thrilled.
你可真了解我呢 阿卢
You know an awful lot about me, Lou.
我们作家们都在相互嫉妒猜疑 所以…
We writers are an envious bunch, so…
他叫什么名字
What’s his name?
他叫皮特
His name is Pete.
-玩开心点 -好的
-Have fun. -I will.
酷 你真棒
Cool. You’re awesome.
原来你住在沙滩上呢
I didn’t know you lived at the beach.
小声点
Keep your voice down.
我不想吵醒我老爸
I just don’t want to wake my dad up.
我去拿点冰块
I’m going to go get some ice for that.
-好了 -谢谢
-There you go. -Thank you.
客气
Sure.
拉斯蒂
Rusty?
嗨 爸爸 你怎么起来了
Hey, Dad, what are you doing up?
这是谁
Who’s this?
-爸爸 这是凯特 -凯特 这是我爸
-Uh, Dad, this is Kate. -Kate, this is Dad.
你膝盖怎么了
What happened to your knees?
-她摔倒了 -一个混♥蛋♥推的我
-She fell. -This asshole pushed me.
是吗 有人推倒你了
Really? Somebody pushed you?
是的 但没什么大问题 因为拉斯蒂打了他
Yeah, but it’s okay, because Rusty punched him.
好极了 不应该有人会推倒个女孩还扬长而去的
Oh, good. Nobody should ever push a girl and get away with it.
那用冰块敷是对的
That’s a good start, that ice.
这里有点双氧水
We have some peroxide in here.
那么 你是凯特
So you are Kate.
拉斯蒂跟我说过你不少事
Rusty’s fold me a lot about you.
他有吗 那个…
He has? Um…
我们并不太熟呢
We hardly know each other.
至少我知道他挺中意你的
I just know he thinks very highly of you.
-老爸 -抱歉 抱歉
-Dad? -Sorry, sorry.
你今晚要住下吗
Are you staying the night?
是的 如果方便的话
Uh, yeah, if that’s okay.
可以的 但你的父母不介意吗
Okay. Your parents don’t mind?

No.
好了 你睡床然后她睡沙发…
All right. You take the bed and she takes the couch…
或者你睡沙发她睡床
Or the other way. You take the couch and she takes the bed.
别乱来哦
Whichever one.
很高兴见到你 凯特
Nice meeting you, Kate.
我也是 晚安
You, too. Goodnight.
对不起
Sorry.
你♥爸♥爸人不错
Your dad’s nice.
是的 他是个好人
Yeah, he’s a good guy.
他是干什么的
What does he do?
他是个作家
Uh… he’s a writer.
是真的作家
Like a real one?
是的 他写过本书叫作《西装猴子》
Yeah, he wrote a book called Suit Monkeys.
-赢了些奖 然后又出了一堆的书 -谢谢
-Won some awards, had a bunch of books published. -Thanks.
-我不知道你要…-我会转身过去的
-I didn’t know you were going to… -I’ll turn around.
很好 这样不错啊
Well, that’s cool.
这也是你想干的吗
Is that what you want to do?
是的 我也是个作家
Uh, yeah. I’m a writer, too.
我姐姐也是呢
So is my sister.
我们都有写些书和故事或者其他什么的
We write books and stories and stuff.

Poetry?
有的
Yeah.
你姐姐在哪呢
Where’s your sister?
她住在大学里
She’s, you know, away at college.
那好 我先…
Yeah, so I…
等等 你能多留下来陪我吗
Wait, can you stay with me a second?
行吗
Please?
好吧
Yeah, sure.
你可以靠近点 我不介意的
You can come closer. I don’t bite.
我有个问题
I have a question.
说吧
Yeah…
我是你诗里写的那个天使吗
Was I the angel in the poem you wrote?
是的
Yeah.
我想你会对我很好的
I think you’re going to be very good for me.
晚安
Goodnight.
我爱圣诞
I love Christmas.
你居然像那些人一样打击我
You strike me as one of those people.
我当然和那些人一样了
I am. I’m definitely one of those people.
我喜欢圣诞的一切
I love everything about it.
无论是灯光还是装饰
I love the lights, the decorations,
还是TBS播的24小时圣诞故事
how TBS plays A Christmas Story 24 hours straight.
树下的圣诞礼物
Presents under the tree
还有我家小孩打开他们的表情
and the looks on my kids’ faces when they open them.
还有等他们上♥床♥睡觉后我和我老公围炉而坐
Sitting by the fire with my husband when they go to bed.
在这节日里我的全是不快乐的事
I get all depressed during the holidays.
是的是的 你离婚了 比尔 这就是不快乐的事
Yeah, well, you’re divorced, Bill. It’s depressing.
哥们 我能给你点小小的建议吗
Hey, can I give you a little bit of advice?
从一个洞转移到另一个洞去吧
Just from one fuckbuddy to another.
好滴
Mm-hmm.
你必须再婚
You need to remarry.
接着说
Hmm. Mm-hmm.
你已经老了
You’re not getting any younger.
如果我是你 我现在就到每个交♥友♥网♥站注册去
And if I were you, I’d be on every dating website
然后关注报纸上的求偶信息
signing up and just combing the newspapers for personal ads.
我已经有25年没约过会了
I haven’t been on a date in 25 years.
是的 但那又怎样
Yeah, but what is that?
听着 你很帅 而且是成功人士
Listen, you’re handsome, you’re successful.
还有点小名气
You have a mild amount of celebrity,
典型的成功作家
which is really all a writer can ask for.
足够让你找一卡车了
That’s enough to land one of those
至少也能有20房♥吧
20-something trophy wives.
你真是这么想的吗
You’ve really thought about this, huh?
好吧 我真的很关心你呢 比尔
Well, I care about you, Bill.
我知道你很爱艾瑞卡
I know you love Erica,
但她已经跟别人结婚了
but she married someone else,
所以你必须开始考虑你自己的将来了
and you have to start thinking about your future
这才是皆大欢喜的结局
and whether or not you want that to be a happy one.
因为我不想在安稳的过了5年后
Because I don’t want to jog by in five years
还发现你始终还是这样在折椅上等着我
and find you waiting on that lawn chair for me.
但这折椅真的非常舒服呢
It’s a very comfortable lawn chair.
别闹
Is it?
想想吧
Just think about it.
从生殖学上来讲 你必须不停的寻新欢
Procreation. You give to the next one down the line.
这才是我们人类的义务
That’s really all we’ve got.
无论是社会人文 还是金钱宗教
Society, government, money, religion,
职业 核能 还有家庭观念和一夫一妻制
careers, nuclear families, monogamy.
这些都是在高开化文明社会里难以承受的
These are all just highly creative socially accepted delusions
我们必须在现实中
that we impose on reality
避免被这些假象控制我们的真实人生
to try and gain some semblance of control over our lives.
这些让我们有了可以当家做主的错觉
It gives us the illusion of choice.
让我们觉得自己稍微比动物要高端点
It makes us feel a little less like animals.
动物 你说的是像进化论
Animals. What do you mean? Like evolution?
对了 就是进化论
Yeah, evolution, exactly.
我就不相信进化论
I do not believe in evolution.
在茫茫银河里有着四万万万颗星星
There’s 400 billion stars in the Milky Way alone,
但这只是整个宇宙的一部分而已
making the amount of stars in the entire universe
无法想象它的全貌
completely mindboggling.
我们就像蝼蚁而已
We are nothing.
如果在6500万年前小行星没有撞击地球
If an asteroid hadn’t hit Earth 65 million years ago
恐龙没有灭绝的话
and wiped out all the dinosaurs,
我们指不定在哪了
we wouldn’t be here.
对对 我必须走了
Yeah. I’m going to go.
很好 你们这些信上帝的人整天就知道睡觉
Good. All you creationists do is blow chances at getting laid.
-还真是 -这真棘手呢
-Really. -Ooh, that was awkward.
你别再跟着我了
You’ve really got to stop stalking me.
现在你不出现来骚扰我我都不习惯了呢
I can’t even go anywhere without you showing up to annoy me.
-你在打那家伙主意吗 -这不关你的事
-Were you hitting on that guy? -It’s none of your business.
我想他就是个蠢货

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!