I think I’ll pass.
这太他妈压抑了 萨姆
That’s fucking depressing, Sam.
让学生到课堂上朗诵他们的诗篇
Making students read their poetry assignments in front of the class
是人类文明中最杯具的事
is a sadistic exercise in public humiliation.
你现在不就在干着这杯催的事吗 拉斯蒂
You could have already been done with it by now, Rusty.
-好吧 好吧 好吧 -朗诵吧
-Okay, okay, okay. -Just read it.
好的 这是一首我在感恩节早餐上写的
Um, okay, this is a poem I wrote over Thanksgiving break.
名字就是学校
Uh… It’s called School.
在嗑了大♥麻♥后写出来的
It was written under the influence of cannabis.
那么 在书桌的…这太不优美了
Okay, um… In the sea of… This is so awkward.
“在书桌的海洋里 到处谈论着游戏和包包”
“In the sea of desks, there’s talk of games and bags
“长管道里透露着跑锋梦”
“and long pipes that leak dreams with the strike of a match.
“那是我听过最大声的悄悄话”
“And there’s a loudness to the whispers I hear.
“悄悄话不应该那么大声的 不是吗”
“Whispers shouldn’t be that loud, should they?
“那里的女孩每个人都认识”
“There’s a girl over there who everyone knows
“还有个没耳朵的男人会站到门外乞讨(讲凯特男人)”
“and men without ears who will stand by the door for a price.
“穿过长长的走廊 在生气的矮人与老鼠的包围中的”
“In long hallways, there are angry mobs of dwarves and rats
“是一个天使(指的是凯特)”
“and one single angel.”
拉斯蒂
Hey, Rusty.
嗨 我 那个…我喜欢你的诗
Hi, I, um… I liked your poem.
-是吗 -是的 这诗不错
-Yeah? -Yeah, it was really good.
-谢谢 -客气
-Thanks. -Sure.
你的感恩节怎么过的
How was your Thanksgiving?
还可以 但就是有点奇特
Oh, it was good. It was a little weird.
我的父母离婚了 所以我要过两个感恩节
My parents are divorced, sol have two Thanksgivings
就在一天里
in one Thanksgiving.
就是 挺奇怪的感觉
It’s just, like, strange.
你呢
How about you?
-挺无聊的 -无论如何 应该挺酷的
-It was just boring. -Whatever. That’s cool.
呵呵
Yeah.
凯特
Kate.
我要走了
I have to go.
我只想跟你说我喜欢你的诗 那么…
I just wanted to say I liked your poem, so…
-再见 -好的
-Bye. -All right.
这货是谁
Who the fuck is that?
只是个班上的人
Just a guy from class.
妈蛋混账
Fucking asshole.
我只有20分钟 所以动作要快了
I literally have 20 minutes, so it will have to be quick.
快点 走
Come on. Let’s go.
你在紧张吗
Did you stretch?
来吧
Come on.
等一会
Just a second.
很好
Oh, yeah.
弄湿点
Oh, make it rain.
好
Yeah.
对了 往左点
Yeah. To the left.
往…对头
To the… yeah.
很好
Yes!
好了 我必须快点走了
All right, I got to run.
周四 再见
Thursday, be ready.
好的 莎拉
Yes, Sarah.
天杀的
Goddamn it!
你在干嘛
What are you doing?
-你吓到我了 -我在叫你而已
-You scared me. -I caught you.
你在看我的稿子
You’re reading my journal.
你答应过我不会看我的稿子的
You promised you’d never read our journals.
-对不起 -我是那么的相信你 爸爸
-Sorry. -I trusted you, Dad.
-真的对不起 -你太伤我心了
-I’m sorry. -That pisses me off so much.
-对不起 -你侵犯了我的个人隐私
-I’m sorry. -It’s an invasion of privacy.
拉斯蒂 我…我…我…先坐下来吧
Rusty, I..I..I… Sit down for a second. Let me explain.
不 我不想坐下了 让我解释下
No, I’m not going to sit down.
好的好的 我不是在读你的稿子
Okay, okay. I wasn’t reading your journal.
我…我只是翻开来看看日期而已
I-I flipped it open to check the dates like I always do
但有些东西自己跳到了我眼前
and something jumped out at me
然后…然后…就转移不了视线了 原谅我 好吗
and-and-and grabbed me. I’m sorry, okay?
对不起
I’m sorry.
什么
What?
可以吗
May I?
“我犹记着那段痛”
“I remember that it hurt.
“只能看着她伤痛”
“Looking at her hurt.”
就是这句
That’s it.
如果这句话写在开头上 那读者就上钩了
If that was the opening line of a book, you’d have your reader hooked.
他们会不得不接下去看 就像我一样 对不起
They would have to keep reading. I had to keep reading. Sorry.
阿谀奉承是没用的
Flattery is not going to get you out of this.
不不 让我说完
No, no, that’s coming to an end right now.
你知道弗兰纳里·奥康纳吧 我知道弗兰纳里·奥康纳
You know Flannery O’Connor? I know Flannery O’Connor.
她说过 在作家20岁之后就不必干些啥了
She said nothing needed to happen in a writer’s life after they were 20.
因为 他们的人生经验已经完全足够
By then, they had experienced more than enough
来应对接下来的人生了 所以呢
to last their creative life. So?
你到底想说什么
So what’s your point?
我是想说…
My point is…
先坐一会好吗
Sit down for a second, please.
拉斯蒂…
Rusty…
我不认为你的人生经验已经足够了
I don’t think you’re experiencing enough.
我是说
I mean,
你把你那该死的稿子放在我的桌上
the reason that you’re comfortable leaving your goddamn journal on my desk
是因为你完完全全不想向我隐瞒你的人生
is because there’s nothing you’re trying to hide from me in your life.
这才是最让我担心的 你懂吗
And that really worries me, you know?
像你一样正常的男孩
Sweet, sensitive guys like you,
他们会把他们的高中岁月
they spend their entire high school years
封存于…
frozen in place while…
大大小小的派对上
everybody is running around going to parties
还有滚点床单 还是什么
and getting laid, doing whatever.
我可不想让你在回顾这几年的时光后
I don’t want you to look back years from now
然后想着那个女孩 是叫凯特吗 很好
and think about this girl. Is it Kate? Yeah.
去跟那女孩告白吧
Tell this girl how you feel.
让她看看你火热的心
Put your heart on the line.
没那么简单吧
It’s not that easy.
就那么简单 看看你老姐吧
It is, too. It is, too. Look at your sister.
你可以…
You can… Hey!
你把眼睛擦亮点
You can roll your eyes all you want.
你的姐姐是个好作家
Your sister is a great writer.
这都因为她还是个人生赢家
And it’s because she’s courageous in her life.
拉倒吧 你的女儿那叫乱性 这不是同一件事
She’s promiscuous, Dad. It’s not the same thing.
拉斯蒂 作家就是要靠着人生经验来写作
Rusty, a writer is the sum of their experiences.
去积累点经验来吧
Go get some.
这会挺有趣的
It will be fun.
别搞 这真疯狂 我们到这来干嘛呢
Come on. This is crazy. What are we doing here, man?
人人都讨厌我们
Everyone hates us.
但不是今晚 今晚他们不行 就今晚
Not tonight, they don’t. Not tonight.
什么
What?
我们到这来是参加派对了
Uh, we’re here for the party.
什么派对
What party?
老兄 别这样 我可是和你一起上三种课呢
Dude, come on man. I’m, like, in three classes with you.
滚粗
Fuck off.
好的好的 但是…
Okay, but…
我们拿着这些大♥麻♥还能去干些什么呢
what are going to do with all this weed?
刚在耍你的而已 伙计 快进来
I was just playing, man. Come on.
-真的 -当然了 快进来
-Really? -Yeah. Come on in.
嗨 我的小伙伴们…
Hey! Hey, my boys…
等下 你叫什么名字
Wait. What’s your name?
拉斯蒂 这是杰森
Rusty. This is Jason.
注意 我的伙计们拉斯蒂和杰森刚给我们带了大♥麻♥来
Hey, my boys Rusty and Jason just brought us a shitload of weed.
你叫罗德尼 对吗
Your name is Rodney, right?
是的伙计 罗德尼 有事不
Hey, man, Rodney. What’s up?
你和杰森确认好每人都有份 好吗
You make sure with Jason that everybody gets some, okay?
你要去哪
Where you going?
我去找下我的朋友 凯特
I’m going to go find my friend, Kate.
谁 他们还在楼上呢
Which chick? Oh, they still upstairs!
老兄 你怎么了
Dude, who are you?
初次见面 向你介绍拉斯蒂·博根斯