Your mom used to watch you like a hawk.
冲向你把你扔上岸
She was terrified that the ocean was going to grab you
她太怕海浪把你卷走了
and pull you out to sea.
我们现在为什么谈论她
Why are we talking about her?
我们在这里干嘛来着
What are we doing down here?
你妈妈爱着你
Your mom loves you.
她从没伤害过你
She never did anything to you.
这没意思 我知道你会怎么说的
It’s pointless. I know what you’re going to say.
不 你不懂
No, you don’t.
她对我所做的那些事
Those things she did to me,
那些你一直纠结在她身上的事
the things you’ve been holding over her,
我早在多年前就对她做过了
I had already done to her years ago.
你在说什么
What are you talking about?
我爱上了某个人
I fell in love with somebody,
然后我们就私奔了 离开了这里
and and got lost, left.
-胡扯 -你那时还是个小娃娃
-Bullshit. -You were just a baby,
-你妈妈一直在等待着我 -住嘴 爸爸
-and your mother waited for me. -Shut up, Dad.
她等了我6个月 萨曼塔
She waited six months, Samantha.
-而当我了解到自己是多么的混账时…-闭嘴 爸爸
-And when I realized what a selfish shit I’d been… -Shut up, Dad!
她带我回了家 这是真事
She took me back. It’s the truth.
但你都不跟我说的啊 是真的吗
You couldn’t tell me, Dad? Really?
是你让我恨她的
You just made me hate her!
她让我承诺说 如果她跟我一样做了这些糊涂事的话
She made me promise that if she did something as stupid as I had
她希望我也能这样给她时间
she hoped I’d have the decency to wait for her,
所以我给了
so I am.
我应该早跟你说的 萨曼塔
I should have told you, Samantha.
我很抱歉
I’m sorry.
真的很对不起
I’m sorry.
她等了六个月 爸爸
She waited six months, Dad.
而你已经等了三年了
You’ve been waiting three years.
我想你已经遵守了承诺
I think you made good on your promise.
已经可以不必再等了
It’s okay to stop waiting.
是的…但她会回来的
Yeah… She’s coming back.
你怎么这么确定的
What makes you so sure?
因为她等待过
Because she waited.
你们的妈妈可是一个比我要好得多的人
And your mother is a far better person than I’ll ever be.
在吗 萨姆
Hello? Sam?
我在
I’m here.
她死了
She’s dead.
我妈妈死了
My mom is dead.
我不知道该怎么办了
I don’t know what to do.
妈妈死了
Mom’s dead.
我来了 我马上过来
I’m coming, I’m coming.
-你好 -你好 是拉斯蒂吗
-Hello? -Hello? ls Rusty there?
我是拉斯蒂
This is Rusty.
拉斯蒂 我是史蒂芬·金
Rusty, this is Stephen King.
还在吗
Hello?
是的 先生 我在呢
Uh, yes, sir. I’m here.
你的姐姐寄给了我你的故事
Your sister sent me your story,
《一面之缘》
I’ve Just Seen a Face.
我读了 这书太他妈棒了
I read it, and I think it’s damn good.
-我太爱它了 -我姐姐寄给你的
-I loved it. -My sister sent it to you?
对的 是寄给我的
Yep, I took the liberty of sending it
在《奇幻科学杂♥志♥》
to the Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction.
他们出版我的故事有些年头了
They’ve published some of my stories over the years,
我想你的故事挺适合他们的
and I though! they might be a good fit for yours.
哇谢谢你 实在太感谢你了
Uh, wow, thank you. Thank you so much.
你太客气了
You ‘re welcome.
我想你已经手握光明的未来了
I think you’ve got a bright future ahead of you.
另外 替我向你♥爸♥爸问声好
Hey, tell your dad I said hello.
我可是《西装猴子》的大粉丝
I’m a big fan of Suit Monkeys.
那书太经典了
It’s a classic.
你要努力工作哦
Keep up the good work.
等等 金先生 别挂了
Wait! Mr. King, don’t go.
我还没挂
I’m still here.
好的 我只是想…
Okay, I just want to…
我只是让你知道 你的书对我意味着什么
I just want to tell you how much your books mean to me,
但我不…我根本表达不出来
but I don’t even… I don’t even want to try.
这就像你在《躯壳》的开头说的那样
It’s kind of like what you said in the opening of The Body.
最重要的事是最难表达的
The most important things are the hardest to say.
是的 是的
Right, right.
我真不敢相信你真的读了我的故事
I can’t believe you actually read my story
而且你还喜欢它 我真的…
and you liked it. I just…
我可没说过我喜欢它 我说的是我爱它
I didn’t’ say I liked it. I said I loved it.
我的老天爷 妈蛋
Oh, my God Oh, shit.
很高兴跟你谈话 拉斯蒂
It was great talking to you, Rusty.
好的 当然 好 好的 我期待与你见面 史蒂芬
Okay, yeah. Okay, yeah, I’ll see you, Stephen.
你这是在作死啊
You’re going to kill yourself.
你知道该怎么做吗
Do you know how to do that?
当然了爸爸 我正在做呢
Yeah, Dad, I’m doing it.
我们到了
We’re here.
很高兴见到你
Good to see you.
他们在嘲笑你的杰作
They’re laughing at your work.
这不好笑
It’s not funny.
这真的很有趣
It’s pretty interesting.
这只是个短篇故事
It’s really a short story.
不不 写得太好了
No, no, it’s great.
讲的是一个有阿兹海默症侦探
It’s about a detective with Alzheimer’s.
-别瞎忽悠 -不 是真的
-You’re kidding me. -No, I’m not.
我去开 我叫了凯特来 应该是来了
I’ll get it. I invited Kate. She might come.
应该很有趣的
It should be entertaining.
妈妈
Mom?
我更想要的是你♥爸♥爸来开门
I kind of pictured your dad opening the door.
你可以关上门然后再找他来吗
Could you shut it and go get him?
你来这干嘛
What are you doing here?
我迷路了
I got a little lost.
我只是…
I was just…
不知道这里还有没有我的一席之地
I was wondering if there’s still a place for me here.
如果不行的话我也很理解
I completely understand if there isn’t,
因为我真的是…每天…
because I know that I really… every…
我真的配不上
I really don’t deserve it.
-没事的 -我很抱歉
-It’s okay. -I’m so sorry.
这里有吃的
We got food in here?
-你下厨了 -对的 进来吧
-You do? -Yeah. Come on in.
拉斯蒂 你怎么没给你妈妈安排位置呢
Rusty, why don’t you make a place for your mom?
-没事 我来拿 -谢谢
-No, I got it. -Thanks.
我来挪位置
I’ll move this over.
-好的 -她的
-Yeah. -Move her?
不 我来
No, here.
谢谢
Thank you.
酒杯
Oh, wine glass.
谢谢
Thanks.
谢谢
Thanks.
好的 那么…
Good, well…
我卖♥♥出了我的第一个故事
I sold my first story.
拉斯蒂 这太棒了
Rusty, that’s wonderful.
太好了
That’s great.
那个 这都归功于萨姆
Uh, it was actually all Sam.
是你写的
You wrote it.
我只是把它寄给了我能想到的那个人
I just sent it to the only person I could think of
而他很可能会喜欢它
who would actually like it.
举杯
A toast.
敬拉斯蒂
To Rusty.
敬拉斯蒂
To Rusty.
还有感恩节快乐
And Happy Thanksgiving.
感恩节快乐
Happy Thanksgiving.
感恩节快乐
Happy Thanksgiving.
我能听到我的心跳声
I could hear my heart beating.
我能听到所有人的心跳声
I could hear everyone’s heart.
我能听到人们坐着时发出的噪音
I could hear the human noise we sat there making.
我们没人动过

Not one of us moving,
即使是在房♥间灯光黯淡时
not even when the room went dark.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!