It’s today! It’s today!
就是今天了! 就是今天了!
It’s today! It’s today!
就是今天了! 就是今天了
It’s today! It’s today! It’s today!
就是今天了! 就是今天了! 就是今天了!
It’s always today, George.
那总是今天 乔冶
I mean, this is the day. That’s right.
我是说就是今天了 没错
Can’t I come? You have to go to school, George.
我不能跟你们去吗? 乔冶 你得去上学
Will he be here when I get home? I think so.
我回家的时候他会不会在? 我想是会的
I’ll play ball with him. I’ll wrestle with him.
我要跟他玩球 跟他摔跤
I’ll teach him how to spit.
还要教他怎么吐口水
lt’s gonna be so much fun.
这样一定会很好玩的
For all of us.
我们大家都会很快乐的
How will you know if you pick the right one?
你们怎么知道你们没有选错人?
I don’t know. We’ll…
我不知道 我们会…
You’ll just know.
你们到时就会知道的
Bye, sweetie.
再见 亲爱的
Remember, I want a little brother, not a big brother.
别忘了 我要的是弟弟不是哥哥
We’ve been through your paperwork, and it seems to be in order.
我们审核过你们的申请文件看来一切都没有问题
Adoption isn’t for everyone…
并不是人人都能领养孤儿
…but you seem like people with plenty of love to share.
…但你们看起来很有爱心
So how are you feeling?
你们现在感觉如何?
Goodness, we’re… Tingling…
天啊 我们… 我们全身擅抖…
With anticipation.
因为实在是期待太久了
Recess.
下课了
Time for you to meet them.
你们该见见他们了
Feel free to walk around. They’re used to having strangers.
你们可以四处走走 他们对陌生人早就习以为常
Thank you.
谢谢
Lovely people.
真是好人家
Nice move, Red.
丢得好 红头
Oh, Frederick, look at them.
老费 你看他们
How could we possibly…?
我们怎么可能…?
Choose? I know.
有办法选择? 我了解
They all seem so… Wonderful.
他们看起来都好… 可爱
You know what’s wonderful?
你们知道最美妙的是什么吗?
What’s wonderful is…
最美妙的就是…
…how you both know what the other one is gonna say…
…你们在对方还没开口的时候…
…before you even say it.
…就知道对方想说什么了
Not that it’s any of my business.
当然这不关我的事
Yes, that happens when you’ve been together as long as we have.
我们在一起这么久了 心灵相通很自然
From being a family.
一家人就是这样
Family. Wow.
一家人?
Well…
这个嘛…
…for a family, you’ve certainly come to the right place.
…如果你们想要建立小家庭 就来对地方了
I think we can find just what you’re looking for.
我们应该可以满足你们的需求
If you want a girl, Susan can read French.
如果你们想要女孩的话 苏珊会法文
And Edith can tap dance while blowing bubbles.
伊迪丝可以边吹泡泡边跳踢踏舞
Or maybe you wanted a boy.
也许你们想要个男孩
Actually, I think we were leaning towards a boy.
事实上我们的确比较想要男孩
Well, in that case…
如果是那样的话…
…Benny can do handstands.
…班尼会倒立
Andy can run 100 yards faster than
安迪跑一百尺的速度
you can say, “Ready, set, go.”
比你说”预备 开始”的速度还要快
You certainly know a lot about everyone.
你跟每个人都好熟哦
That’s what happens when you’ve been here as long as I have.
如果你待的跟我一样久 想不认识他们都难
Let’s face it.
面对事实吧
Not everyone wants to adopt someone like me.
并不是人人都想领养像我这样的孩子
You shouldn’t worry about choosing.
你们实在不用担心要怎么去选择
It happens the same way every time.
每一次都是一样的
First, you won’t know what to do. You’ll be a bit scared.
刚开始你们不知如何是好 你会有点害怕
Then you’ll meet one of them.
但之后你们会碰到一个孩子
You’ll talk to him.
和他说话
Somehow…
突然之间…
…you just know.
…你们就下定决心了
Are you quite certain you’re prepared to handle his uniqueness?
你们确定要领养这么奇特的孩子吗?
Oh, my, yes.
是的
His uniqueness is a perfect fit for the Little family.
像他这么奇特的孩子最适合我们理特家族了
Mr. and Mrs. Little,
理特先生 理特太太
we try to discourage couples…
我们通常都会劝阻…
…from adopting children outside their own…
…想要领养…
…species.
…非我族类的夫妻
It rarely works out.
因为这通常不会有好结果
Well, it will in this case.
我们很有信心
Bye, Stuart!
再见 史都华!
Bye! We’ll miss you!
再见 我们会想你的!
So what do I call you?
我该怎么称呼你们?
Mom. And Dad.
叫我妈 叫我爸
We haven’t told you the best news. You have a brother.
我们还没有告诉你最棒的事 你还有个哥哥
Named George.
他叫乔冶
A brother!
哥哥!
What do I call him? George.
我该怎么称呼他? 乔冶
Well, Stuart, here we are, the family home.
史都华 到家了! 这是我们的家!
They say every Little can find this house.
他们说只要是理特家族的人 都找得到这栋房♥子
Even if they’ve never been here.
就算他们从来没来过也一样
It’s just something inside them.
这是他们天生的本能
Something inside.
天生的本能
So would you like a tour?
想不想到处参观一下?
I don’t have any money.
我没钱
That’s Uncle Crenshaw, Cousin Edgar, Grandpa Spencer.
这是克萧伯伯 艾德表哥和史宾赛爷爷
That’s Aunt Beatrice…
那是碧翠丝姑姑…
…and that’s George, your brother.
…和你哥哥乔冶
Look, he’s already happy to see me.
他看到我笑得合不拢嘴呢
That’s just about everybody, except for…
这就是我们家族的成员 现在只剩下…
Snowbell! Drop him right now!
小白! 快把他放下!
You spit Stuart out this instant.
马上把史都华给我吐出来
Stuart, are you all right?
史都华 你没事吧?
Wait!
等等!
I’m fine.
我没事
You must never harm Stuart. Understand?
不准再你伤害史都华 懂吗?
Never, or out you’ll go, Mr. Snow.
否则我就把你逐出家门 小白先生
Stuart is family now.
史都华现在是我们的家人了
We do not eat family members.
家人是不会自相残杀的
Mom, Dad, I’m home!
妈 爸 我回来了!
Is he here? Is my brother here?
他来了吗? 我弟弟来了吗?
He certainly is. Where is he?
当然来了 他在哪里?
He’s here. Stuart, this is George.
他在这里 史都华! 这是乔冶!
George, this is Stuart, your new brother.
乔冶 这是史都华! 你的弟弟!
No. Really?
不 这是真的吗?
Really, George. This is your new brother.
这是真的 乔冶 他是你的弟弟
You look somewhat like a mouse.
你看起来有点像老鼠
Yeah, well, I am somewhat like a mouse.
没错 我是有点像老鼠
I see.
我明白了
I have to go.
我要走了
Is it just me, or did he seem a little disappointed?
是我心理作用 还是他有点失望?
Well, he’s always a little tired after school.
他放学后总是感到很累的
Perks up around dinnertime.
到晚餐时他就会打起精神来的
Meat loaf is delicious, dear.
亲爱的 肉卷真好吃
Cajun.
美国南方的口味
Shall we get to know each other a little?
我们是不是该彼此熟悉一下?
George? Don’t you have anything you wanna ask Stuart?
乔冶? 你没有事要问史都华吗?
Sure, George. Go ahead. I’m an open book.
是啊 乔冶 尽管问吧 我无所不知
Ask me anything, the first thing that pops into your head.
随便问什么都行 想到什么问什么
Could you pass the gravy?
能不能把肉汁递给我?
Your new bedroom. We hope you like it.
这是你的新卧室 希望你会喜欢
Sure is roomy.
好大啊
Good night, Mom.
晚安 妈妈
Good night, Dad.
晚安 爸爸
Good night, son.
晚安 儿子
Good night, sweetie.
晚安 亲爱的
Nice kitty.
乖咪♥咪♥
Nice kitty. Pretty kitty.
乖咪♥咪♥ 漂亮咪♥咪♥
Are you cozy?
还舒服吗?