你好亚历山大 我是斯图尔特
Hello, Alexander. It’s Stuart.
你好斯图尔特
Hello, Stuart.
我是喝了不少酒什么的
You know, admitting I’ve had lots to drink and that,
但我一直在想
but I can’t help reflect…
我叫亚历山大
I’m Alexander,
我是那个戴着眼镜正在开车的家伙
the bloke in the glasses driving,
磁带里嘟嘟囔囔的是斯图尔特
not the mumbly one on the tape. That’s Stuart.
2000年我认识了斯图尔特
I got to know Stuart in 2000
并决定把他的经历写成传记
and decided to write his biography.
我朋友都觉得我疯了
All my friends said it was mad.
他不过是个无名小卒
I mean, after all this man was unknown,
没有作为 毫无名气
he wasn’t famous, not a celebrity,
但最后书写出来还不错
but the book turned out okay.
遗憾的是斯图尔特未能和我一起分享这些
Just wish Stuart could have been here to see it.
由真实故事改编
我想这大概是首部写流浪汉的传记
I think it was the first ever biography of a homeless man.
记录了他从出生至今的生活
From birth to the present day.
我曾迎威风嘘嘘
I’ve been pissing in the wind
傻兮兮咧嘴而笑
I chanced a foolish grin
口水一路流到下巴
And dribbled on my chin
如今我四处游荡
And now the ground shifts beneath my feet
斯图尔特 倒带人生
与人点头之交 无人知我姓名
The faces that I greet never know my name
只需赐我些微
Just give me something
我不会带走一丝
I’ll take nothing
由亚历山大·马斯特斯同名小说改编
只需赐我些微
Just give me something
我不会带走一丝
I’ll take nothing
冬暖之家收♥容♥所♥
2000年时 为了挣点零花钱
So, back in 2000 I was earning a bit of extra pocket money
我在剑桥的一家日间收♥容♥所♥做筹款人
working as a fundraiser at Wintercomfort,
那里叫冬暖之家 小地方却业务繁忙
which is a busy little day shelter in Cambridge,
通常挤满了流浪汉
normally full of homeless people.
直到某个清晨
Full, that is, until the morning
警♥察♥突然闯进来进行搜捕
that the police decided to raid the place.
他们被捕了
They’ve been arrested.
所有人
All of them?
那倒不错
What a good idea.
不不 其实被捕的只有
Uh, no, no. It was, um,
露丝 我的老板
just my boss, Ruth,
还有他的助手约翰
and um, her deputy, John.
有些人在收♥容♥所♥里
Some of the clients have been
偷偷地贩卖♥♥毒品
secretly dealing drugs on the premises
而露丝和约翰负责这家收♥容♥所♥的运营
but because Ruth and John ran the charity,
所以要承担全部责任
they were held responsible.
那些警♥察♥有影像资料作证据
They’ve got evidence, on film.
我对这种不公正地待遇感到非常愤慨
I was furious at the injustice of it.
这件事发生后 我头一次
And, then really, for the first time in my life
开始真切地关注流浪汉
I actually began to take a real
想为他们做些事情
and practical interest in the homeless.
滚开 猪头
Fuck off, pisshead!
我要向你们介绍亚历山大·马斯特斯
I’d like to introduce to you Alexander Masters,
释放剑桥两人
一个无私奉献的流浪汉之友
a dedicated friend of the homeless himself,
也是我们这次活动的主席
chairman of the campaign.
我们本以为他们肯定会被无罪释放
Oh, we were convinced they’d never be convicted.
你想 就算冒着坐牢的危险也还有人贩毒
I mean, if prisons can’t control drugs
露丝和约翰又怎么会有义务阻止这些
then how could Ruth and John be expected to?
如各位所知
As everyone knows,
今晚我们为了露丝·怀纳和约翰聚在一起
we’re here this evening about Ruth Wyner and John…
负责审判的豪沃思法官分别判了
The judge, Justice Howarth send them down
他们4年和5年的有期徒刑
…for five years, and four years.
真丢脸 -谢谢
Shame. – Thank you.
这是法♥西♥斯♥暴行 -谢谢
Fascist. – Thank you.
但现在是关键时刻 我们该做些什么
But this is the crunch, what are we going to do about it?
要如何让露丝和约翰免受牢狱之苦
How is this campaign going to get Ruth and John out?
请讲 -我们可以送书给他们
Yes? – We could send them books.
班扬的书很适合在监狱里看
Bunyan, he’s good for prisons.
约翰·班扬 英国著名作家 布道家
要送书热内的《玫瑰奇迹》更好
Hardly. Miracle of the Rose, by Genet, if you must.
法国小说 描写同性恋和监狱生活
不好意思 这些都没用
Excuse me, this isn’t gonna work.
寄书给他们吗
Sending them books, eh?
盒子装不下
It won’t fit in the box.
什么意思 -给犯人装私人物品的
Sorry? – The inmate’s belongings.
每人都有
Everyone’s got one.
那是谁
Who is that?
不知道 我看他们都长一个样
No idea. They all look the same to me.
还允许你带块地毯 但是那也塞不进盒子
You’re also allowed a piece of carpet what won’t fit in your box,
或是虎皮鹦鹉 金丝雀
and a budgie or, or a canary,
但显然笼子就比那盒子大
and obviously the cage is not going to fit in the box.
送书给露丝和约翰 还不是折磨他们
But, it is Ruth and John what will suffer.
那么些书 也塞不到盒子里
All of them books, the screws will just chuck them out
狱卒都给他们直接扔了
because they won’t fit in your box.
我没在开玩笑 但你们要搞活动
I’m not being funny, but you should really know about boxes
得先把盒子问题弄弄清楚
if you’re gonna have a campaign.
我叫晶什禀
Me name’s Psycho,
但你也可以叫我斯图尔特
but you can call me Stuart, if you like.
你住在哪
Um, what’s your address?
月桂路2号♥
2 Laurel Lane.
释放露丝·怀纳和约翰·布洛克
他们帮过我 给我找医生给我衣服
Yeah, they help me: doctors, a couple clothes,
有时还给顿午饭 有两个布丁呢
outreach, sometimes lunch with two puddings.
都很尽心尽力的 这两个人
Yeah, they put it all on, those two.
还有工作人员
And the staff.
我没有开玩笑 我很感激他们
I’m not being funny, yeah, but I am really grateful.
前些天我去做了个特别棒的
The other day I got a really lovely…
真不错
Oh, great.
要帮忙吗 -是 好
Can I help? – Yeah, uh, yeah.
我就这样认识了斯图尔特·史都华
That’s how I first met Stuart Shorter.
一个街头混混 酒鬼 瘾君子
Street brawler, alcoholic, a heroin addict,
反♥社♥会♥故事大王
sociopathic street raconteur
欢迎来到剑桥
喜欢把玩刀具
with a fondness for what he called
他管那些叫做”银色的带子”
“little strips of silver”. Knives, to you and me.
谢谢你能帮我们存放这些东西
Thank you very much for agreeing to store these.
没什么
Oh, no problem.
当心脚下 这边来 伙计
Mind the step. Oh, dear. Here you go, mate.
欢迎光临寒舍
Welcome to my humble abode.
月桂路2号♥ 这些是月桂树没错吧
2 Laurel Lane. Well, they are laurels, aren’t they?
今天早上我吃早饭的时候
I only heard about the meeting this morning
才听说你们要开会
when I was picking up my breakfast.
这是你的地址
Your address?
写在上面可不是什么好主意 伙计
A bad idea, number one, mate.
什么三教九流的人都会去找你
You could get any old riff-raff showing up.
什么事
Yes?
我填了些信封
I’ve addressed some envelopes.
这些…-还可以吧
Which, uh… – They alright?
糟透了
Horrible.
关于抗♥议♥活动 我有个金点子
I’ve had a blinding idea for the campaign.
可以让我们上电视
Yeah, get us on television and all.
也没什么暴♥力♥活动
Not even violent,
如果不考虑绑♥架♥那部分的话
if we leave out the kidnapping.
你要进来坐吗 -当然 太好了
Do you want to come in? – Oh, yes please.
外面有点潮
It’s a bit wet out there.
真不错
Ooh, that’s nice.
你要多少糖 -有多少要多少
How many sugars? – As many as you got, mate.

Hot.
这一堆书
All them books.
你全读过吗
Have you read all of them?
没有
No.
读了一半
Half?
也没有
Not exactly.
《捕食的黄蜂》
The Hunting Wasp.
整本书都讲那种夏季的小昆虫吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!