他要看着你好赚钱
I’d like to see him earn his salary.
他就不能放松一下
Doesn’t that bloodhound ever relax?
他一走近我 就对着我乱吼
He sticks so close, he’s beginning to grow on me.
简直想一个蘑菇
Like a fungus.
他对你非常怀疑
He thinks you’re a very suspicious character.
他从来不相信任何人 甚至连他自己
But then he doesn’t trust anybody, not even himself.
来吧 翰内西
Come on, Hennessy.
-别忘了你的睡袋 -是
– Don’t forget your sleeping bag. – Yeah.
如果我在大街上站得太久了 我的脚趾会冻坏的
If I wait too long on a sidewalk, my feet get cold.
-如果我在台阶上坐得太久的话 -不必担心
– If I sit too long on those stone steps… – Don’t worry.
自从你给
Since you
芭芭拉·莫顿讲了那个冰箱她就喜欢上你了
told Barbara about that icebox, you’re her favorite charity.
-她会送给你饮料让你暖活的 -你真会开玩笑
– She’ll send a butler to defrost you. – Cute kid.
晚安 莫顿小姐
Good evening, Miss Morton.
-爸爸 这是安东尼先生 -安东尼先生
– This is Mr. Anthony, Father. – Mr. Anthony.
你好吗 先生
How do you do, sir?
尊敬的先生我非常高兴给你讲一讲
I’d like to talk with you sometime, sir…
我利用生命能量的想法
and tell you about my idea for harnessing a life force.
看起来很传统 但能制♥造♥出原子能
It’ll make atomic power look like the horse and buggy.
我正在让我的员工看到 获得百万美圆的力量
I’m already developing my faculty for seeing millions of miles.
想像一下
And, senator,
闻到火星上花的香味
can you imagine being able to smell a flower on the planet Mars?
我愿意改天和你共进午餐 先生
I’d like to have lunch with you soon, sir…
继续和你说这些事情
tell you more about it.
-再见 -再见
– I’ll see you later. – Goodbye.
我不记得请了这位先生 他是谁
I don’t remember inviting him. Who is he?
他认识达渥斯夫妇
A friend of the Darvilles.
古怪的人格
Unusual personality.
-打扰了 你不是法官多纳德吗 -是的
– Excuse me, aren’t you Judge Donahue? – That’s right.
你好 我是安东尼
How do you do, sir? My name is Bruno Anthony.
他在那儿干什么
What’s he doing here?
我不知道
I don’t know.
当你给别人判了死刑以后
After you’ve sentenced a man to the chair…
你还吃得下饭吗
isn’t it difficult to go out and eat your dinner after that?
当他确实有罪 他就必须被宣判
When a murderer’s caught, he’s tried. When convicted, he’s sentenced.
当他被判死刑 他就必须被处死
When he’s sentenced to death, he must be executed.
-很不人道 对吗 -是啊
– Quite impersonal, isn’t it? – So it is.
不过不会每天都发生
Besides, it doesn’t happen every day.
所以没几个谋杀犯会被抓住
So few murderers are caught.
你好像对谋杀很感兴趣
Mr. Anthony, you seem very interested in the subject of murder.
像所有的人一样
No more than anyone else.
-也像你一样 -我
– No more than you, for instance. – Me? Oh.
我对谋杀没兴趣
I’m not interested in murder.
哦 来吧 每个人都有想除掉的人
Oh, come now. Everyone is interested in that.
每个人或一些人 他们总是避开这个话题
Everyone has somebody that they want to put out of the way.
好了 夫人 你不要告诉我你从没
Surely, madam, hasn’t there been a time…
有想干掉某个人
that you didn’t want to dispose of someone?
-也许 是你的丈夫 -天啊 不
– Your husband, for instance? – Oh, good heavens, no!
你感肯定吗
Are you sure?
你要告诉我 就没有些时候他让你生气
You mean there wasn’t a tiny moment when you were made very angry?
那你会说什么呢
What did you say?
你看 我对了 我对了
Aha. There you are, you see? There you are.
所以
Now…
你也会谋杀
you’re going to do a murder.
那怎么去干呢 这是最有意思的部分
How are you going to do it? That’s the fascinating part.
你会怎么做呢 我还不知道您的名字
How will you do it…? I didn’t get your name.
坎宁安夫人
Mrs. Cunningham.
坎宁安夫人 你到底怎么做呢
Mrs. Cunningham, how are you going to do it?
好 假设我拿了一把枪怎么样
Well, I suppose I’ll have to get a gun from somewhere.
哦 不坎宁安夫人
Oh, no, Mrs. Cunningham.
乓乓乓 会流血满地的 血流得到处都是
Bang, bang, bang, all over the place? Blood everywhere?
-那放点毒药如何 -好点
– How about a little poison? – Yes.
-好多了 夫人 -安德森
– Oh, that’s better. That’s better, Mrs… – Anderson.
哦 安德森太太 是好点了
That’s better, Mrs. Anderson.
但是你看 坎宁安夫人要快点的
But, you see, Mrs. Cunningham is in a dreadful hurry.
毒药要十到十二星期才起作用
Poison takes from 10 to 12 weeks…
如果坎宁安先生自然死亡呢
if poor Mr. Cunningham is to die from natural causes.
你知道 我曾经看过怎么一个案子
You know, I read of a case once.
这可能是个好主意
I think it would be a wonderful idea.
我可以开车 和他到一个很远的地方
I can take him in the car and when we get to a very lonely spot…
让我拿锤子砸他 把他砸昏
hit him on the head with a hammer, pour gasoline over him and the car…
然后把汽油浇在汽车里 再点上火
and set the whole thing ablaze.
然后怎么回家呢
And walk all the way home?
-不 -不 不 不
– No? – Oh, no. No, no.
我有最好的办法和工具
I have the best way and the best tools.
简单 安静 快捷 快捷是非常重要的
Simple, silent and quick. The silent part being the most important.
让我给你们演示一下
Let me show you what I mean.
我能借用一下你的脖子吗
May I borrow your neck for a moment?
-如果时间不太长 -哦
– Well, if it’s not for long. – Oh.
当我点头的时候 你要想办法喊出声来
When I nod my head, you try to cry out, and I’ll bet you can’t do it.
要等到我点头才行
Just wait for the nod of my head.
安东尼先生 救命 救命 救命 快 来人
Mr. Anthony! Help! Help! Somebody, come quick! Help!
快 来人 拿些水来
Somebody, come. Quick, bring some water.
-帮我把他抬出去 -把他带入调查
– Let’s get him out of here. – Bring him into the study.
和我一起扶她上去休息 好吗
Will you help me take her upstairs, please?
-怎么回事 -他好像昏过去了
– What happened? – He seemed to have fainted.
-这个女士怎么了 -她只是受到了惊吓
– What about her? – She was frightened.
我想他们只是在玩某种游戏
They were playing a game of some sort.
我想他的确是怪怪的 他是谁
I thought he was weird when he arrived. Who is he?
我刚刚认识他 先生
I hardly know him, sir.
你尽快把他弄出去
Get him out of here as soon as you decently can.
多么好的一条流言蜚语啊
It’s a nice item for the gossips.
他们会不断地谈论着
First thing you know, they’ll be talking about orgies.
-我最好还是回去 -是的 先生
– I better get back. – Yes, sir.
出什么事了
What happened?
我只是坐旋转木马 头有点晕了
I was on a merry-go-round somewhere. It made me dizzy.
你疯了 你这狂热的疯子 我把你关起来
You mad, crazy maniac! You ought to be locked up.
你能不能出去 让我清静一点
Will you get out of here and let me alone?
但是 盖伊
But, Guy…
我喜欢你
I like you.
你用不着对我这样
You shouldn’t have done that, Guy.
行了 把你自己管理好
Come on, pull yourself together.
让我来吧
Here, let me.
你的车在这吗
Is your car here?
司机不在里面
Driver’s outside.
好吧 走吧
All right, come on.
出了什么事
What’s the matter?
你看见发生了什么
Did you see it happen?
他看着我
He looked at me.
他的手掐着她的喉咙
His hands were on her throat…
但是他瞪着我
and he was strangling me.
你什么意思
How do you mean?
他先看着她
He was looking at her first…
然后他瞪着我
then looked over at me.
他有点惶惶忽忽的
He went into sort of a trance.
哦 这太可怕了
Oh, it was horrible.
他以为他在谋杀我
He thought he was murdering me.
但为什么是我呢 安妮
But why me, Anne? Why me?
我和这事有什么关系呢
What did I have to do with it?
你知道盖伊在哪儿吗
Do you know where Guy is?
他和那人出去了
He went out with that man.
盖伊 你不是前几天才认识他对吗
You didn’t meet him for the first time the other day, did you?
-你说那天在俱乐部 -是的
– When you introduced us at the club? – Yes.
你有没有注意他后来就盯着芭芭拉
Did you see how he stared at Barbara?
不 我没怎么注意
No, I didn’t particularly.
今天晚上他又盯着 芭芭拉
He stared at her the same way tonight…
在他勒住坎宁安夫人喉咙的时候
while his hands were around Mrs. Cunningham’s throat.
告诉我 米里亚姆 长得什么样
What did Miriam look like?
为什么问我 你在报纸上见过她的照片
Why ask me? You’ve seen her picture.
我要你告诉我
Go on. I want you to tell me.