Want me to throw him out? ‘Cause I’ll do it. Ow.
-我不喜欢你。-真的吗?太糟糕了。
– I don’t like you. – Oh, really? Too bad.
-我想问你愿不愿意一起过感恩节。-史蒂夫,出去!
– I was gonna ask if you want to spend Thanksgiving together. – Steve, get out!
我不知道你为什么在这里…随你怎么想,但你可以忘了,都结束了!
I don’t know why you’re here… or what you think, but you can forget it, it’s over!
也许是,也许不是。但它会保持下去。
Well, maybe yes and maybe no. But it’ll keep.
我了解你。
I know you.
我说不清楚,但相信我,我会想到的。
I can’t put my finger on it, but believe me, it’ll come to me.
告诉Shirlee……我喜欢达斯丁玫瑰。
Tell Shirlee… I like the Dusty rose.
等一下!
Wait a minute!
我欠你的!
I do owe you something!
-噢。-回头,回头。
– Ow. – Head back, head back.
-我要揍他一顿-我知道
– I was gonna kick his ass. – I know.
但我更像是一个爱人而不是战士。
Except I’m really more of a lover than a fighter.
我看得出来。
I can see that.
嗷,嗷!现在看到了吗?嗷,嗷。
Ow, ow! Now see? Ow, ow.
-也许我们最好另约时间。-也许吧。
– Maybe we better make it another time. – Yeah, maybe.
另一方面,我们可以……解决它。
On the other hand — We can… work around it.
-要进来吗?-在我…有件事我得告诉你。
– Want to come in? – Before I do… there’s something I should tell you.
你是同性恋吗?
You’re gay?
不。
No.
——结婚了吗?——没有。
– Married? – No.
这会破坏气氛吗?
Will it spoil the mood?
它可能。
It might.
它能保持下去吗?
Will it keep?
是的。
Yes.
-天哪!-你就只能说这些吗?
– Holy moley! – Is that all you can say?
Ho-ly moley !
Ho-ly moley!
天moley !
Holy moley!
是的。是的。
Yeah. Yeah.
“如果我明天死了,我也会微笑着离开。
“If I died tomorrow, I’d go with a smile.
中午在我们的咖啡店见。”
Meet me at our coffee shop at noon.”
不能等到中午吗?
Couldn’t wait ’til noon?
我刚想起来在哪儿见过那家伙。
I just remembered where I saw that guy.
我告诉过他我会找到的。
I told him it’d come to me.
米洛吗?
Milo?
麦洛,你想见我吗?
Milo, you wanna see me?
我们要结束周末版了。我的故事呢?
We’re putting the weekend edition to bed. Where’s my story?
-没有故事。-没有故事是什么意思?
– There is no story. – What do you mean, there’s no story?
好吧,是有个故事,但我不会写的。
Okay, there is a story, but I’m not writing it.
你对我发火了吗?
Are you going funny on me?
-麦洛,对不起。我就是做不到。-你知道我怎么想吗?
– Milo, I’m sorry. I just can’t do it. – You know what I think?
我觉得也许你太喜欢这个雪莉医生了,所以不敢说实话。
I think maybe you like this Dr. Shirlee a little too much to tell the truth.
就是这样吗?让我告诉你。
Is that it? Let me tell you something.
一个真正的记者在写故事的时候可能会哭……但他写这个故事是因为公众有权知道。
A real reporter is somebody who maybe cries when he writes the story… but he writes the story because the public deserves to know.
什么?他们应该知道什么?
What? What do they deserve to know?
每一个记者遇到的愚蠢事实?
Every stupid fact that comes a reporter’s way?
也许有时候你该闭上你的嘴。
Maybe sometimes the thing to do is keep your mouth shut.
有些事实对任何人都不重要,除了你所谈论的人。
Some facts don’t matter to anyone except the person you’re telling them about.
别跟我扯这个。
Don’t pull this on me.
你怎么看?我要佩服你的骨气了?
What do you think? I’m going to admire your backbone?
你以为你站出来反抗我,我会尊重你吗?
You think I’m gonna respect you for standing up to me?
让我告诉你。我讨厌骨气!
Let me tell you something. I hate backbone!
我鄙视那些反抗我的人。
I despise people who stand up to me.
-求你了,别逼我炒了你-你不必开除我。
– Please, don’t make me fire you. – You won’t have to fire me.
——谢谢。我很高兴。-你不必开除我…因为我辞职了。
– Thanks. I’m glad. – You won’t have to fire me… because I quit.
三分钟差不多了,还有十五分钟。
Three’s about done, another fifteen minutes.
-嘿,嘿!-你在弗莱特河做什么?
– Hey, hey! – What were you doin’ in Flat River?
-你为什么问我的事?-平坦河?
– And why were you askin’ questions about me? – Flat River?
你和史蒂夫谈过了。他告诉我的。
You talked to Steve. He told me.
给我个机会解释一下。我们来谈谈吧。
Give me a chance to explain. Let’s talk about it.
-我只想要个答案。-事情没那么简单。
– All I want is an answer. – It’s not that simple.
-你是个记者。你在写我的故事。——没有。
– You’re a reporter. You were doin’ a story on me. – No.
是的……我曾经是,但现在不是了。
Yes… I was but I’m not.
所以你才想和我在一起?和我在一起?
That’s why you wanted to spend time with me? Be with me?
这样你就能抓到我的把柄了?我以为你不一样。
So you could get the dirt on me? I thought you were different.
-我以为我的运气终于变了。-等等,雪莉。
– I thought my luck had finally changed. – Wait a minute, Shirl.
-你不明白。-你做得很好,杰克。
– You don’t understand. – You did a good job, Jack.
他们说你不应该把工作带上♥床♥。
They say you shouldn’t take your work to bed.
-在这种情况下,我想他们错了。——男人!
– In this case, I guess they were wrong. – Man!
Shirlee !
Shirlee!
故事不是我写的,好吗?我因此辞掉了工作。
I didn’t write the story, okay? I quit my job over it.
-我为什么要相信你的话?-这是事实。
– Why should I believe anything you say? – It’s the truth.
-别跟我讲真♥相♥。-不跟你说话?
– Don’t talk to me about the truth. – Don’t talk to you?
——为什么?因为你是专家?-你骗了我。
– Why? Because you are such an expert? – You lied to me.
-你骗了全世界-这不一样。
– You lied to the whole world. – It’s not the same.
我不想戳破你的幻想……——当然,这是一样的。-再见,杰克。
I hate to burst your bubble… – but of course it is the same. – Good-bye, Jack.
-现在你要做什么?-我从没说过我好到不能坐公交车。
– Now what are you gonna do? – I never said I was too good to take a bus.
好了,雪莉,一切都开始了,是的…因为我想报道你。
Okay, Shirlee, it all started, yes… because I wanted to get a story on you.
然后我开始关心……天啊,露易丝!天啊,你真固执!
Then I began to care and… Geez, Louise! God, you can be so pigheaded!
看。
Look.
不!Shirlee !
No! Shirlee!
渴望认识你渴望向你展示我从一开始就有这种感觉燃烧着激♥情♥我以为它会持续下去现在它在我心里烧了一个洞
Burning to know you Burning to show you And I’ve felt this way from the start Burning with passion I thought it was lasting Now it’s burning a hole in my heart
这是雪莉医生第一次进行全国广播。
Here’s Dr. Shirlee arriving to her very first coast-to-coast broadcast.
一小群热情的粉丝一直在耐心等待。去看他们最喜欢的脱口秀主持人。
A small but enthusiastic group of fans has been waiting patiently… to see their favorite talk-show host.
现在他们正在表达他们的感激之情。
Now they’re showing their appreciation.
我们把她弄过来吧。
Let’s try to get her over here.
你不应该叫他离开!
You shouldn’t have told him to leave!
-你是谁?-你不该让肖恩离开我。
– Who are you? – You shouldn’t have told Sean to leave me.
肖恩?
Sean?
你毁了一个人的生活却一点都不记得?
You destroy someone’s life and you don’t even remember?
当然!肖恩是个清醒的酒鬼而你却不肯戒酒
Sure! Sean was the sober alcoholic and you wouldn’t quit drinkin’.
你只知道他的一面。
All you know is his side.
我们一起喝醉了好多年,我照顾他。我搞定了一切。
We got drunk together for years and I took care of him. I took care of everything.
然后他就清醒了突然间他就想当老大了。
Then he sobers up and all of a sudden he wants to be in charge.
他太与众不同了,吓到我了。
He was so different it scared me.
我害怕会失去他所以我喝了几次酒。
I was afraid I was gonna lose him so I got drunk a few times.
就像现在。
Like now.
但他带着孩子走的时候我正想找人帮忙。
But I was trying to get help when he left with the kids.
-他告诉你了吗?-女士,如果你有问题,在节目上找她
– Did he tell you that? – Lady, you got a problem, call her on the show.
-走吧。-等一下!
– Let’s go. – Just wait a minute!
他告诉我你没有孩子。
He told me you didn’t have kids.
你觉得每个打电♥话♥来的人都在说真话吗?
You think everybody that calls is telling nothing but the truth?
我想——嗯,当然!他们为什么要撒谎?
I thought — Well, sure! Why would they lie?
他们不是在跟朋友打电♥话♥,而是在听广播!
They’re not talking to a friend on the phone, they’re on the radio!
当然,他们不会告诉你全部真♥相♥。
Of course they’re not going to tell you the whole truth.
你告诉他们要做什么,你甚至不知道他们发生了什么。
You tell them what to do and you don’t even know what’s going on with ’em.
你要去吗?还是我们得把你搬走?
Are you gonna go? Or do we have to move you?
我现在清醒了。
I’m sober now.
我在努力让我的家人团聚。
And I am trying to get my family back together.
我只是觉得应该让你知道,仅此而已。
I just thought you should know, is all.
很好,谢谢。你能相信吗?
Great, well, thanks. Can you believe that?
这些爱发牢骚的小人物以为他们的悲惨生活可以怪在你头上?
These whiny little people thinking they can blame you for their pathetic lives?
真是个失败者!天啊。
What a loser! Geez.
嘿,女士?
Hey, lady?
-加油,伙计们!-小心,麦克。
– Come on, guys! – Look out, Mac.
原谅我们。
Excuse us.
W-N-D-Y……很荣幸向大家介绍芝加哥最杰出的电台心理学家Shirlee博士!
W-N-D-Y… is proud to present Chicago’s foremost radio psychologist… Dr. Shirlee!
“我是雪莉博士,欢迎我们的新听众。
“This is Dr. Shirlee and I want to welcome our new listeners.
“你能收听我感到很荣幸,我希望你能打电♥话♥来……“因为没有你……
“I feel privileged to have you listenin’ in and I hope you’ll call… “because without you…
没有你——”
without you –”
我很抱歉。
I’m sorry.
我做不到。
I can’t do this.
我就是做不到!
I just can’t!
我一直在骗你。
I’ve been lying to you.
我不是医生。
I’m not a doctor.
事实上,我的上一份工作是在一个叫Flat River的地方教“舞蹈”。
In fact, my last job was teachin’ dancin’ in a place called Flat River.
我一直在骗你们这些人。
I’ve been lyin’ to all you people.
我没有资格给你提建议。
I’m not qualified to give you advice.
也许没人是。
Maybe nobody is.
在收音机里跟你聊了两三分钟之后…我给你的建议是基于事实…你想让我和听众听到的。
After talkin’ to you two or three minutes on the radio… I’m givin’ you advice based on the version of the truth… that you want me and the listeners to hear.
肖恩…如果你在那里,上帝知道我希望你在听。