Listeners calling Dr. Shirlee from coast-to-coast.
-有多少人?——数百万!
– How many people’s that? – Millions!
——数百万?-你有工作要做,艾伦。
– Millions? – You’ve got work, Alan.
我想要一个照片布局。“人”杂♥志♥。
I want a photo layout. “People” magazine.
“芝加哥最受欢迎的医生。”
“Chicago’s favorite doctor at home.”
在家吗?我不认为,别想,艾伦。做到!做到!
At home? I don’t think — Don’t think, Alan. Do it! Do it!
聚光灯在上面,它很明亮我喜欢站在它里面这只是表面的光我们就接受它本来的样子。
Spotlight’s on it’s shining bright And I like standing in it It’s only superficial light We’ll take it just the way it is.
-艾伦,我不需要这么豪华的地方。——真的吗?
– Alan, I don’t need a place this fancy. – Really?
也许我们应该让埃夫登给你拍张照片…在罗斯福酒店,在家里
Maybe we should get Avedon to do a photo shoot of you… at the Hotel Roosevelt, at home.
我想拥有华丽的衣服,一个魔术教练从此过上幸福的生活-就像故事书里的故事一样-快过去。
I want to claim as mine Fancy clothes, a magic coach and happy ever after – Like something from a storybook – Get over there.
-灰姑娘的章节-她过来了
– A Cinderella chapter – She’s coming over.
但当午夜的钟声敲响我躺在床上醒着老师告诉我的这几句话一直在我脑海里闪过你要走正直的路对自己要真诚
But when the clock strikes midnight And I lie awake in bed These lines the teacher told me Keep running through my head You gotta walk the straight and narrow And to thine own self be true
你要像箭一样瞄准所有的眼睛都盯着你但有时感觉如此好,我几乎可以证明活在一个虚假的谎言中活在一个虚假的谎言中活在一个虚假的谎言中
You gotta aim straight as an arrow A ll eyes are upon you But sometimes it feels so good that I can almost justify Living a l-l-lie Living a lie Living a l-l-lie
生活在谎言中
Living a lie
Shirlee凯尼恩?史蒂夫,我们认识雪莉·肯扬吗?
Shirlee Kenyon? Hey, Steve, do we know a Shirlee Kenyon?
是的。谁想知道?
Yeah. Who wants to know?
下面这个家伙。
This guy down here.
你有多了解她?
How well do you know her?
我很了解她。我非常非常了解她。
I know her well. I know her very, very well.
嗯。你是怎么认识她的?
Huh. How did you meet her?
我是怎么遇见谁的?
How did I meet who?
Shirlee凯尼恩。
Shirlee Kenyon.
我最好的朋友娶了她三次。
Well, my best friend married her three times.
当他和她结婚后,她搬来和我一起住…我甚至一次都不用娶她
When he got done marrying her, she moved in with me… and I didn’t even have to marry her once.
-她嫁给了同一个男人三次。-是的。
– She married the same guy three times. – Yeah.
-你为什么问这些问题?-信用检查。
– Why are you asking all these questions? – Credit check.
你说你叫什么名字?
What’d you say your name was?
——马克。-听着,麦克。
– Mack. – Listen, Mack.
你认为…偷别人保龄球袋的人?
Do you give credit… to people who steal other people’s bowling bags?
我牺牲了我的荣誉我的价值观和我的骄傲活在谎言里
And I sacrificed my honor My values and my pride Living a l-l-lie
你不会碰巧跳舞吧?
You don’t by any chance dance, do you?
活在谎言中活在谎言中活在谎言中嗷!小心点,杰克。
Living a lie Living a lie Living a lie Ow! Watch what you’re doin’, Jack.
看着我,别想你的脚了。
Just look at me and stop thinkin’ about your feet.
-你从哪儿学来的?-我以前教书。
– Where’d you learn all this? – I used to teach.
-哦,什么时候?-很久以前了。
– Oh, when? – A long time ago.
-在哪里?——什么?
– Where was that? – What?
——在哪里?-那是在我成为医生之前。
– Where? – It was before I became a doctor.
-放松点,杰克。只是放松。——哦!
– Loosen up, Jack. Just relax. – Ohh!
-我跟你说过我的小说吗?——不!你写小说了吗?
– Did I ever tell you about my novel? – No! Did you write a novel?
我有一个写小说的想法。
I had an idea for a novel.
我开始谈论我要写的这本书。
I started talking about this book I was gonna write.
办公室里的人会说:“杰克,你开始写那本书了吗?”
The guys at the office would say, “Jack, you started that book yet?”
有一天,我厌倦了说“不”,我说“是”。
One day I got so sick of saying “no,” I said “yes.”
然后是,“杰克,书写得怎么样了?”“它来了。”
Then it was, “Jack, how’s the book coming?” “It’s coming along.”
然后,“你看完那本书了吗?”
Then, “Have you finished that book yet?”
有一天我说:“是的,完成了。”
One day I just said, “Yes, it’s finished.”
有趣的是,我还没开始呢。
Funny thing was, I hadn’t started it yet.
-我不是故意撒谎的。它就这样发生了。-你想干什么?
– I didn’t mean to lie. It just happened. – What are you tryin’ to do?
你想干什么?
What are you tryin’ to do?
狐步舞,摇滚舞步?什么?
The fox-trot, rock step? What?
-我只是想跳舞。-好吧,看着我!
– I’m just trying to dance. – Well, just watch me!
一步,一步。一步,一步。
Rock step, step. Rock step, step.
扭动臀部。动起来!
Move those hips. Move those hips!
看上去不错。嗯!哈!
Looking good. Mmm! Ha!
我猜你从来没经历过这种事,对吧?
I guess nothing like that ever happened to you, huh?
-就像那本书发生在我身上一样?-杰克,闭嘴跳舞吧。
– Like happened to me with the book? – Jack, shut up and dance.
外面!三个球。
Outside! Ball three.
漂亮的照片。
Nice shot.
教练正走向投手丘,医生的脸色不太好。
The coach is walking to the mound, not looking good for the doctor.
也许要走很长一段路才能回到候补区。
It may be a long trip back to the bullpen.
-把你的食指放在这里。拇指放在外面。——好的。
– Put your index finger here. Thumb on the outside. – Okay.
她开始生气了。形式看起来不错。
She’s winding up. The form is looking good.
有点高,又在外面。再试一次。
A little high and outside again. Try again.
如果你真的要写小说,会写些什么?
If you ever do write that novel, what’s it gonna be about?
-真可怜。-哦,谢谢。
– That was truly pitiful. – Why, thank you.
我不知道。绝望吗?贪婪?腐♥败♥?都是我最喜欢的东西。
I don’t know. Despair? Greed? Corruption? All my favorite things.
你为什么不写一些你喜欢的东西,而不是你讨厌的东西呢?
Why don’t you write about somethin’ you love instead of something you hate?
-比如?-比如棒球。
– Like what? – Like baseball.
写一本关于棒球的书。
Write a book about baseball.
这正是世界所需要的,又一部棒球小说。
Just what the world needs, another baseball novel.
他们当然会……如果它很棒的话。
Sure they do… if it’s great.
我打赌如果是你写的,肯定是。
And I bet if you wrote it, it would be.
我喜欢你对我甜言蜜语。
I love when you talk sweet to me.
-你还没听过甜蜜呢。我要等多久?
– You haven’t even heard sweet yet. – How long do I have to wait?
-哦,我们越来越近了。-嘿,伙计们?
– Oh, we’re gettin’ closer. – Hey, guys?
哦。因为警♥察♥,比赛被叫停了。
Oops. Game called on account of cops.
天晚了……这不是一个球场。
It’s late… and this ain’t no ballpark.
我能看一下你的证件吗?
Can I see some I.D. please?
-我们改天吧,杰克。-我会祈祷下雨。
– We’ll take a rain check, Jack. – I’ll pray for rain.
-身份证!-谢谢,警官…保护芝加哥免受柠檬飞掠
– I.D! – Thank you, Officer… for keeping Chicago safe from flying lemons.
声呐喊。
Whoop.
声呐喊。
Whoop.
“Shirlee凯尼恩。”
“Shirlee Kenyon.”
雪莉·凯尼恩医生?
Dr. Shirlee Kenyon?
会有办法的,菲尔。你打电♥话♥给我。
It’ll work out, Phil. You call me.
我会的。谢谢!
I will. Thanks!
好的。晚安,各位。
Okay. Good night.
对不起。菲尔的女儿,卡罗尔…-上个月跑了两次。-对她有好处。
Sorry. Phil’s daughter, Carol… – ran away twice in the last month. – Good for her.
你想上来看看我的地毯样品吗?
You wanna come up and check out my carpet samples?
这是一条线吗?
Is that a line?
灰玫瑰,圣诞绿,还是大象灰?
Dusty rose, Christmas green, or elephant gray?
不!
Nah!
-我们就不提大象灰了。-很棒的公♥寓♥。
– We’ll forget about the elephant gray. – Great apartment.
哦,谢谢。
Oh, thanks.
我很担心拿走它,付房♥租什么的。
I was worried about takin’ it, paying all this rent and all.
但是艾伦说我的工作很稳定。
But Alan says my job’s pretty secure.
真的很棒。钱,车,这个公♥寓♥。
It really is great. The money, the car, this apartment.
但如果我的观众厌倦了我……我不认为失去它会杀了我。
But if my audience gets tired of me… I don’t think losin’ it would just kill me.
所以…我们怎么决定?灰玫瑰还是圣诞绿?
So… what do we decide? The Dusty rose or the Christmas green?
地毯样品让你兴奋。
Carpet samples turn you on.
其他办法我都试过了。
I tried everything else.
你可能以为刚刚听到了门铃。相信我,这是幻觉。
You probably think you just heard the doorbell. Trust me, you’re hallucinating.
你看,大多数女人在吻完我之后,就告诉我她们听到门铃响了……接着是幽幽的兰花花香。
See, most women, right after they kiss me, tell me they hear a doorbell… followed by the faint scent of orchids.
你闻到兰花的味道了吗?——没有。
– Do you smell the orchids yet? – No.
就是扯淡的刺鼻气味。
Just the pungent aroma of bullshit.
等等,等等!任何班级的人都不会突然出现。
Wait, wait! No one with any class shows up unannounced.
-忽略它。-如果是《百万富翁》呢?
– Ignore it. – What if it’s “The Millionaire”?
你看过迈克尔·安东尼演的那个节目吗带着约翰·贝雷斯福德·蒂普顿的一百万美元出现
Did you ever see that show where Michael Anthony… shows up with a million dollars from John Beresford Tipton?
但有一个问题。你得去开门。
But there’s a catch. You have to answer the door.
-等等,等等。-哦,杰克。
– Wait, wait, wait. – Oh, Jack.
-你接吻技术真棒…但是一百万美元呢?-你说得有道理。
– You’re a great kisser… but a million dollars? – You got a point.
保持皱。
Stay puckered.
来了,安东尼先生。
Coming, Mr. Anthony.
你好,宝贝。
Hello, baby.
看到我很惊讶?
Surprised to see me?
哇,你做得很好。
Wow, you’re doin’ very well.
很好,很好。
Very, very well.
史蒂夫,你在这儿干什么?
Steve, what are you doin’ here?
我听说你们亲热了,所以我想过来看看。
I heard you made out, so I thought I’d come by and see for myself.
我去了那家电台,告诉他们我…你那失散已久的兄弟从海军回来,迫不及待地想要。你到底是谁?
Went by that radio station and told ’em I was… your long-lost brother home from the Navy just dying to surpr– Who the hell is this?
-我不打扰你们了。-不,你不需要。
– I’ll leave you two alone. – No, you don’t.
-杰克,这是史蒂夫。史蒂夫,杰克。-你好吗?
– Jack, this is Steve. Steve, Jack. – How you doin’?
-我不认识你吗?——不!不,我不这么认为。
– Don’t I know you? – No! No, I don’t think so.
你从没去过阿肯色?
You never been to Arkansas?
-我们最好改天再谈。-下次做什么?
– We better do this another time. – Do what another time?
不关你的事。
It’s none of your business.
我不喜欢你的态度。
I don’t like your attitude.
态度这个词对你来说太夸张了。
That’s a big word for you, attitude.
你为什么不让你的嘴休息一下?
Why don’t you just give your mouth a rest?
去你的,史蒂夫!
Damn you, Steve!
要我把他扔出去吗?因为我会做的。噢。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!