It’s complimentary.
这是免费的,免费的。
And it’s on the house, without charge, free.
没有在开玩笑吧?好的,谢谢你。
No kidding? Well, thank you.
如果你不知道某事的意思…假装你知道,听我指挥。
If you don’t know what something means… pretend you do and follow my lead.
你应该是大学毕业生。
You’re supposed to be a college graduate.
原谅我。
Excuse me.
-杰克·拉塞尔,新闻。——邀请?
– Jack Russell, press. – Invitation?
我们的社会专栏作家正在报道这个聚会。辛德尔先生已经来了。
– Our society columnist is covering the shindig. – Mr. Sindell is already here.
他的妻子临盆了。我来接替他。
His wife went into labor. I’m relieving him.
他的妻子和他在一起。
His wife is with him.
他妻子在旅行车后座上喘不过气来。
His wife is hyperventilating in the back of a station wagon.
一个有吸引力的临时工和他在一起。
An attractive temp from the typing pool is with him.
-如果你想宣布这个消息-不,请进去
– If you’d like to break the news — – No, please go in.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
-想加入吗?-除非你逼我。
– Thinkin’ of jumpin’ in? – Not unless you push me.
这就是你不在桥上晃来晃去的地方。
So this is where you hang out when you’re not dangling from bridges.
看起来不像是你喜欢的派对。
Doesn’t seem like your kind of party.
我不想知道你以为我的派对是什么样的。
I don’t want to know what you think my kind of party is.
不是那些自命不凡的人。
Not the stuffed-shirt brigade.
我不知道你怎么想,但我很无聊。
I don’t know about you, but I’m bored.
如果你讨厌待在这里,为什么不去你更喜欢的地方呢?
If you hate being here, why don’t you go somewhere you’d rather be?
我更想和珍妮丝在一起,但因为你,珍妮丝不在了。
I’d rather be with Janice, but thanks to you, Janice isn’t around anymore.
我想让你知道,我对发生的事感到很抱歉。
I want you to know I feel bad about what happened.
不,不喜欢。你说对了。
No, don’t. You had me pegged right.
我的恋爱记录是17周。
My record relationship is 17 weeks.
当你想到要长出一块漂亮的草坪需要更长的时间……这并不是什么了不起的记录。
When you consider it takes longer than that to grow a good-looking lawn… it isn’t much of a record.
-但是你一直在做同样的事情。-我想是的。
– But you keep doing the same thing over and over. – I guess so.
如果一个人每六个月就毁一次车…你会开始怀疑他的驾驶技术,不是吗?
If a guy keeps wrecking his car every six months… you’d begin to wonder about his driving, wouldn’t you?
你是那种总是把自己的一部分藏起来的人……总是把那块饼干放在饼干罐里。
You’re one of those guys that always has to hold a part of himself back… always keeping that one cookie in the cookie jar.
你想听点免费的建议吗?
Would you like a little free advice?
就像你对玉米片过敏一样…所以你开始买♥♥东西,比如一罐豌豆。
It’s like you’re allergic to cornflakes… so you start to buy stuff, like a can of peas.
你打开罐头,里面…玉米片。
You open the can and inside… cornflakes.
所以你选了一顿电视晚餐然后…玉米片。
So you pick a TV dinner and… cornflakes.
这是什么意思?
What does that mean?
和你约会的女孩,在外面她们都是不同的人。
The girls you go out with, outside they’re all different packages.
里面……玉米片。
Inside… Cornflakes.
所以…-那我该怎么办?-这边。
So… – so what do I do? – Over here.
我得离开这里。很高兴再次见到你。
I have to get out of here. It was nice to see you again.
嘿,等一下!
Hey, wait a minute!
嘿,等一下。
Hey, wait a minute.
你告诉我我的生活就是玉米片和饼干,然后你就一走了之?
You tell me my life is cornflakes and cookies, and then you walk away?
-你是谁?-我是雪莉医生。
– Who are you? – I’m Dr. Shirlee.
你是医生,是吗?什么样的医生?
You’re a doctor, huh? What kind of doctor?
我是心脏医生。
I’m a doctor of the heart.
Shirlee博士。你是无线电心理医生。
Dr. Shirlee. You’re the radio shrink.
我不知道珍妮丝在接受专业人士的建议。
I had no idea Janice was getting advice from a pro.
雪莉医生,哇。所以,呃,哦嗯,呃…谢谢。
Dr. Shirlee, wow. So, uh, oh — Um, uh… thanks.
我该怎么做?
So what do I do?
也许你应该试着和另一种女人约会……一个内在比外在好看的人。
Maybe you should try datin’ a different kind of woman… someone whose insides look better than their outsides.
名字以”S”开头以”E”结尾的人?
Someone whose name begins with “S” and ends with “E”?
-如果你认识一个叫西尔维的人。——没有。
– If you know someone named Sylvie. – No.
-我认识一个叫谢恩的人-约他出去。
– I know a guy named Shane. – Ask him out.
我宁愿约你出去。星期五晚上。
I’d rather ask you out. Friday night.
-这是一个约会。-是吗?
– It’s a date. – It is?
原谅我。莫里茨,嗨。
Excuse me. Moritz, hi.
很高兴见到你,杰克。
Nice to see you, Jack.
我会尽力的,但得等半个小时。
I’ll do the best I can, but it’s gonna be a half-hour wait.
-你觉得-雪莉医生好了,好了,好了。
– Do you think maybe — – Dr. Shirlee. Well, well, well.
你能来我们很荣幸。
We’re honored to have you here.
我们为您准备了一张漂亮的桌子,这边请。
We have a beautiful table for you, right this way.
三分熟,非常熟。
Medium rare and very well done.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
-你不是芝加哥人?-不,我不是芝加哥人。
– So you’re not from Chicago? – No, I’m not from Chicago.
欢迎光临。
Compliments of the house.
-今晚免费吗?-是给你的,雪莉医生
– Is it gratis tonight? – It is for you, Dr. Shirlee.
就为了我?如何来吗?
Just for me? How come?
因为,因为你是雪莉医生。
Well, because — because you’re Dr. Shirlee.
这真的很好,但似乎不公平……除了雪莉医生之外的其他人也会受到惩罚
That’s real nice, but it doesn’t seem fair… for these other people who are not Dr. Shirlee to be penalized.
我为每桌买♥♥单一瓶香槟。
I’ll pay for a bottle of this champagne for every table.
这是很贵的香槟。
This is very expensive champagne.
钱就是用来花的,对吧?
Money’s meant to be spent, right?
放在我内♥裤♥抽屉底有什么用?
What good’s it gonna do in the bottom of my panty drawer?
一瓶200美元。
It’s $200 a bottle.
坏主意。算了吧。
Bad idea. Just forget it.
-谢谢。-不客气,先生。
– Thank you. – You’re welcome, sir.
这比我过去一周挣的钱还多。
That’s more than I used to make in a week.
-我以为心理医生很有钱。-是吗?
– I thought shrinks were rich. – Are they?
不是所有人,至少一开始不是。
Not all of them, at least not at first.
你为什么把钱放在抽屉里?
Why would you keep your money in a drawer?
你不怕被人偷走吗?
Aren’t you afraid somebody’s gonna steal it?
我觉得现在把钱放在我房♥间里比放在银行里更安全。
I figure it’s safer in my room than in a bank these days.
如果有人要偷它…我宁愿它属于需要它的人……比某个储贷银行的副总裁还强。
If somebody’s gonna steal it… I’d rather it goes to somebody that needs it… than some vice-president of a savings and loan.
什么?
What?
我只是…喜欢你看事物的方式。
I just… love the way you look at things.
你真的对我很感兴趣,是吗?
You’re really interested in me, aren’t you?
-是的,我是。-太好了。
– Yes, I am. – That’s great.
大多数男人只想谈论他们自己。
Most men just want to talk about themselves.
我想知道一切。你是怎么失去童贞的?
I want to know everything. How did you lose your virginity?
你不想以”你从哪里来,来镇上多久了”开头吗?
You don’t want to start with “Where you from, how long you been in town”?
如果你愿意的话。你从哪里来?你来镇上多久了?
If you want. Where you from? How long you been in town?
-在看台下面。-你是从看台下面来的?
– Under the bleachers. – You’re from under the bleachers?
不,那是我初夜的地方。
No, that’s where I lost my virginity.
我们高中刚刚输掉了州冠军。我的男朋友,他是边锋…这是唯一能让他感觉好点的方法
Our high school had just lost the state championship… and my boyfriend, he was the tight end… and it was the only way I could make him feel better.
你把它给谁了?
Who did you lose it to?
-我的处♥女♥?-州冠军。
– My virginity? – The state championship.
-致拉蒙特狮群——嗯。
– To the Lamont Lions. – Mmm.
你呢?你怎么弄丢的?
How about you? How’d you lose yours?
我的明星怎么样了?
How’s my star?
我好像看到你坐在这里。
I thought I saw you sitting over here.
我没打扰到你们吧?
I’m not interrupting anything, am I?
艾伦,这是我的朋友杰克。杰克,这是艾伦,我的老板。
Alan, this is my friend Jack. Jack, this is Alan, my boss.
我不认为自己只是你的老板。
I don’t think of myself as just your boss.
我更愿意把自己当成一个朋友和导师。
I prefer to think of myself as a friend and mentor.
我发现了雪莉。
I discovered Shirlee.
你把她说得像盘尼西林。
You make her sound like penicillin.
有趣的家伙。
Funny guy.
齐姆·齐默尔曼坐在那边。
Zim Zimmerman’s sitting over there.
我要让你上他的节目。
I’m gonna get you on his show.
过来,为我们赢几分。
Come over and win a few points for us.
我以为我不应该接受采访。
I thought I wasn’t supposed to give interviews.
-是啊,我以为她不应该接受采访。-你怎么知道?
– Yeah, I thought she wasn’t supposed to give interviews. – How do you know?
我刚听到她这么说。
I just heard her say so.
原谅我们。
Excuse us.
听着,我跟齐姆说过你会是个很棒的客人。
Listen, I told Zim you’d be a great guest.
我为你冒了很大风险。
I sort of went out on a limb for you on this.
别从我身下把它锯出来。
Don’t saw it out from underneath me please.
这就是我住的地方。
Well, this is where I live.
你总是给人惊喜。
You are full of surprises.
-我玩得很开心。-我也是。
– I had a great time. – So did I.
事实上,我玩得太开心了。
In fact, I’m having way too much fun.
这有什么不对吗?很好,不是吗?
What’s wrong with that? It’s good, isn’t it?
对我来说不是,杰克。
Not for me, Jack.
我跟男人相处的记录很差。
I have a bad track record with men.
我发现男人想要改变我,伤害我,利用我…从来不只是爱我。
I find men that want to change me, hurt me, use me… never just love me.
但管他呢。记录就是用来被打破的,对吧?
But what the heck. Records are made to be broken, right?
我们准备好了,凯尼恩医生。
We’re ready, Dr. Kenyon.
哦,上帝。好了,开始吧。
Oh, God. Okay, here we go.
现在还记得…本科工作,乔治亚大学。
Now remember… undergraduate work, University of Georgia.
研究生阶段,你去了斯坦福。
Graduate studies, you went to Stanford.
-你是班里的尖子生。-我可没那么说。
– You were tops in your class. – I am not sayin’ all that.
我不想说谎。