– I am prepared to offer you your own program. – My own program?
每天两小时,一周五天我们付你多少钱?
It’s two hours a day, five days a week at — What were we paying you?
– 250。-我准备翻倍。
– 250. – I’m prepared to double that.
薪水翻倍,还不用做前台工作?
Double my salary and no reception work?
没有接待工作。
No reception work.
-嘿,等一下这是雪莉医生说的。——正确的。
– Hey, wait a minute. This says Doctor Shirlee. – Right.
老板要找医生,所以你就是医生。
The boss wants a doctor, so that’s what you are.
签字。这并不重要。
Sign it. It’s not important.
当然很重要。这不是真的。
Of course it’s important. It’s not true.
好吧,800美元一周。
Okay, $800 a week.
但上面还是写着雪莉医生。
But it still says Doctor Shirlee.
听着,听着。
Listen, listen.
袋鼠船长并不是真正的船长。
Captain Kangaroo wasn’t really a captain.
他甚至不是袋鼠。
He wasn’t even a kangaroo.
再说了,没人会知道的。
Besides, no one’s ever going to know.
我会给你写一篇一流的传记。
I’m gonna come up with a first-rate bio for you.
只有你我和路灯柱之间的事。
It’s just gonna be between you and me and the lamppost.
事实上,连灯柱都没有。
In fact, not even the lamppost.
我只是不喜欢伪装成我不是的人。
I just don’t feel comfortable pretending to be something I’m not.
如果我认为我是在伤害公众……我是第一个这么说的人。
If I thought I was doing a disservice to the public… I would be the first to say so.
你已经以医生的身份上过电视了。
You already went on the air as a doctor.
如果你继续说”我不是医生”
If you go on and say, “I’m not a doctor,”
你的听众会怎么想?
what are your listeners gonna think?
他们会认为我不是医生。
They’re gonna think I’m not a doctor.
嘿,你……你是医生……心的。
Hey, you… you are a doctor… of the heart.
你是心脏医生。
You’re a doctor of the heart.
你帮助别人。
You help people.
看看这些电报。他们爱你。
Look at these telegrams. They love you.
你会让这些人失望吗?
Are you gonna let these people down?
嗯?
Hmm?
这家伙真是个花♥花♥公♥子♥。
The man’s a real ball buster.
这对我来说不是问题。
That’s not a problem for me.
他有时很难相处。
He can be very difficult.
不要忘记。是医生,医生,医生。
Don’t forget. It’s doctor, doctor, doctor.
-还有-还要穿干净内♥裤♥以防我出车祸
– And also — – Also wear clean underwear in case I get in a wreck.
吉恩,这是救了那个该死的心理医生的女人。
Gene, this is — The woman that saved that damn shrink spot.
哦,你真有平易近人的一面。
Oh, you’ve got the real common touch.
我喜欢,肯德尔。
I like that, Kendall.
嗯,凯尼恩。我的错误。
Uh, Kenyon. My mistake.
但有个问题恐怕我得问你,凯尼恩。
Uh, but there — there is a question that I’m afraid I’m going to have to ask you, Kenyon.
不管是什么,帕尔曼先生,你都会得到真实的答案。
Whatever it is, Mr. Perlman, you’ll get a truthful answer.
那告诉我,你是怎么变得这么漂亮的?
Then tell me, how did you get to be so darn pretty?
我要宣传她的厉害。
I want to publicize the hell out of her.
广♥告♥,宣传片,广♥告♥牌。
Ads, promos, billboards.
或者我们应该给雪莉一点时间来适应…然后建立一个受众群体。
Or maybe we should give Shirlee a little time to settle into it… and then build an audience.
但这就是我们培养观众的方式,艾伦。
But that’s how we build an audience, Alan.
为什么要对我们最大的潜在资产保密?
Why keep our biggest potential asset under wraps?
你表现得太棒了。
You were fantastic in there.
你表现得太棒了。
You were fantastic in there.
你把他耍得团团转。你是我的女孩。
You played him like a violin. You’re my girl.
真希望史蒂夫现在能看到我。天啊,他会收回自己的话的。
I wish Steve could see me now. Boy, he’d eat his words.
史蒂夫是前夫?
Steve’s the ex-husband?
不,史蒂夫是和我住在一起的人…上次我和利兰离婚后
No, Steve’s the guy I was living with… after the last time me and Leland got divorced.
最后一次?你有多少次?
The last time? How many times you been –?
三次。你结过三次婚?
Three times. You’ve been married three times?
-对,但写给同一个人——哦。
– Yeah, but to the same guy. – Oh.
他走了,又回来了。我们结婚了,又离婚了。
He left, he came back. We got married, we got divorced.
他因为射击自动柜员机而进了监狱。
He got put in jail for shooting a ready-teller machine.
我们离婚了。它没完没了。
We got divorced. It went on and on.
真是一团糟。
It was such a mess.
你不能告诉任何人你的过去。
You tell no one anything about your past.
任何东西。我不希望你永远不要跟任何人谈论你的过去。
Anything. I don’t want you ever — Don’t talk about your past at all, to anyone.
在我给你找个合适的人选之前不许采访。
No interviews ’til I make up something right for you.
——好吗?-等一下。
– Okay? – Now wait a minute.
我觉得我会觉得不舒服…隐瞒我是谁,从哪里来
I don’t think I’m gonna feel comfortable… lyin’ about who I am and where I’m from.
你有很多东西可以提供…我不想看到人们错过它…因为你过去可能犯过的一些小错误。
You’ve got a lot to offer… and I would hate to see people miss out on it… because of a few little mistakes you might have made in your past.
让我来处理你的生活。
Let me handle your life.
你只要走出去,享受生活。
You just go out, live it.

Ohh
给我一些直说吧,直说吧请拿着糖直说吧,直说吧我听起来很甜蜜别跟我兜圈子说那些废话
Gimme some straight talk, straight talk And hold the sugar please Straight talk, straight talk Sounds plenty sweet to me Don’t talk to me in circles in some mumbo-jumbojive
给我直说吧,直说吧我们会没事的嗨,我是雪莉医生。
Gimme just straight talk, straight talk And we’re gonna be all right Hi, this is Dr. Shirlee.
公告上说的,我是认真的。
What the announcement said, I really mean.
我是来谈谈你的问题和担忧的。
I’m here to talk about your problems and concerns.
任何事情都可以,所以我们不要害羞…因为你和朋友们在一起。
Anything goes so let’s not be shy… ’cause you’re among friends.
我们的第一位来电者,天哪。
Our first caller– Oh, good grief.
看着我。
Look at me.
真是一团糟!
What a mess!
真希望这能在电视上播出这样你就能看到我有多邋遢了。
I wish this was on TV so you could see how messy I really am.
我比踢屁♥股♥比赛的独腿人还忙。
I’m busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kickin’ contest.
直说吧,直说吧来吧,让我们开门见山直说吧,说说激♥情♥,说说问题,说说气头上的事现在我想让你们知道我在乎你我也理解你

Straight talk, straight talk So come on let’s talk turkey Just straight and to the point about passions, about problems A bout noses out of joint Now I want you all to know I care And I do understand
嘿,谢谢你在广播界倾听我不,玛莎,这是不公平的,但生活就是不公平。
And hey thanks for lendin’ me an ear out there in radio land No, Martha, it isn’t fair, but life isn’t fair.
甚至《独♥立♥宣言》……只保证生命,自♥由♥和追求幸福。
Even the Declaration of Independence… only guarantees life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
它没有提到任何关于公平的问题。
It doesn’t say anything about fair.
甚至没有说你有幸福的权利,只是去追求它。
Doesn’t even say you have a right to be happy, just to pursue it.
但没人欣赏我,我尽量做到公平。
But no one appreciates me and I try to be fair.
从十字架上下来,亲爱的。有人需要木头。
Get down off the cross, honey. Somebody needs the wood.
直说吧,直说吧,没有什么比真♥相♥更真实把你所有的烦恼都告诉我假装我是多纳休所以不要害羞,因为我们可以谈谈-这是给我的吗?-都归你了。

Straight talk, straight talk there’s nothin’ like the truth Just tell me all your troubles Pretend I’m Donahue So don’t be shy ’cause we can talk – Is that for me? – It’s all yours.
我感觉自己像玫琳凯!
I feel like Mary Kay!
你好,我是雪莉。
Hello, Shirlee here.
你好,雪莉医生。
Yeah, hi, Dr. Shirlee.
我想我爱上了一个同事。
Um, I think I’m falling in love with a girl at work.
我不知道该怎么跟她说。
I don’t know how to tell her.
你这个小骚货。
You little flirt.
现在南希将继续我们为期一周的谈话电台心理学家系列节目。
And now Nancy will continue our week-long series on talk radio psychologists.
谈谈广播心理学。快速现金,即时早餐,一分钟米饭。
Talk radio psychology. Quick cash, instant breakfast, minute rice.
唯一变慢的是交通和服务。
The only thing that’s getting slower are traffic and service.
你最喜欢的电台脱口秀名人是谁?
Who’s your favorite talk radio personality?
Shirlee博士!
Dr. Shirlee!
这不是新闻,如果有人感兴趣的话。
This is not news, in case anybody’s interested.
-你听谈话广播?-只有雪莉医生。
– You listen to talk radio? – Only Dr. Shirlee.
芝加哥电台最炙手可热的新人很直率。她很有趣。
The hottest new personality in Chicago radio is forthright… she’s funny.
能够在30秒内解决问题,还能留出广♥告♥时间。
Able to solve problems in 30 seconds and still leave time for commercials.
嘿,伙计,你要打包吗?我喜欢雪莉医生。
Hey, pal, you wanna bag that? I like Dr. Shirlee.
好的,很好。雪莉医生到底是谁?
Okay, fine. Who the hell is Dr. Shirlee anyway?
她怎么了?
What’s cooking with her?
虽然现在雪莉博士拒绝了所有采访请求…我们的工作室里有W-N-D-Y项目总监Alan Riegert。
Although at this time Dr. Shirlee has refused all requests for an interview… we do have here in our studio W-N-D-Y program director Alan Riegert.
艾伦,雪莉医生是谁?
Alan, who is Dr. Shirlee?
雪莉医生是谁?
Who is Dr. Shirlee?
雪莉医生是,我不认为这是夸张的…这是继深盘披萨之后芝加哥发生的最好的事。
Dr. Shirlee is, and I don’t think it’s an exaggeration… the best thing that’s happened to Chicago since deep-dish pizza.
我认为她是我的礼物。
I think of her as my gift.
我认为她是我送给芝加哥的礼物……那是我爱的城市。
I think of her as my gift to Chicago… which is the city I love.
麦洛,这里有个故事。我个人认识她。
Milo, there’s a story here. I know her personally.
-她不知道我是记者-听起来没什么。
– She doesn’t know I’m a reporter. – Doesn’t sound like much.
有一天她为了20块钱冒着生命危险……下一秒,她就成了芝加哥的乔伊斯博士。
One day she’s risking her neck for 20 bucks… and the next, she’s Chicago’s answer to Dr.Joyce Brothers.
-闻起来很臭。-你在浪费时间。
– It smells. – You’re wasting your time.
别指望了。
Don’t count on it.
他们为什么要在水族馆举办鸡尾酒会?
Why are they holding a cocktail party at the aquarium?
有钱人喜欢打扮得漂漂亮亮,出现在陌生的地方。
Rich people like to dress up and be seen in strange places.
我觉得自己像个穿着妈妈衣服的孩子。
I feel like a kid dressed up in my mama’s clothes.
-我真的觉得我完全不属于这里。-十分钟。
– I really don’t feel like I belong here at all. – Ten minutes.
握个手,喝杯酒,救条鲸鱼。
Shake a hand, have a drink, save a whale.
我会时时刻刻和你在一起。
I’ll be with you every second.
看看你。看看你!
Look at you. Look at you!
我无法克服这种转变。
I can’t get over the transformation.
你看起来棒极了。
You look like a million bucks.
今晚你让我为自己感到骄傲。
You make me very proud of myself tonight.
你是我的发现。
You’re my discovery.
艾伦,我不是原子。
Alan, I am not the atom.
-多少钱?-是免费的。
– How much? – It’s gratis.
我没有问那是什么。我问他多少钱。
I didn’t ask what it was. I asked how much.
这是赠送的。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!