休息结束了。回到舞池。现在是摇摆时间。
Break’s over. Back to the dance floor. It’s swing time.
怎么了,盖伊?
What’s cookin’, Guy?
你看起来像你老婆刚跟邮差跑了一样。
Hey, you look like your wife just ran off with the mailman.
我笑不出来,雪莉。我真的很难过。
I can’t laugh, Shirl. I’m really upset.
是什么?
What is it?
休息结束了。有顾客在等你。
Break’s over. You got a customer waitin’.
嘿,那不重要。
Hey, that’s not important.
如果我必须在生意和人之间做出选择……每次都是人。
If I have to pick between business and people… it’s people every time.
说吧。
Shoot.
是关于一个员工的。
It’s about one of the employees.
哦,算了吧。你去找你的客户。
Oh, forget it. You go on to your customers.
不,不,没关系。去做吧。
No, no, it’s okay. Go ahead.
这个员工真是个可爱的人,但是她就是管不住她的嘴。
This employee is a real sweetheart, but she can’t keep her yap shut.
她忙着和那些愚蠢的顾客谈论他们愚蠢的问题……她花了很长时间才上下一节课。
She’s so busy talking to the stupid customers about their stupid problems… it takes her forever to get to her next lesson.
你想让我跟她谈谈吗?
You want me to talk to her?
我很擅长帮助别人解决问题。
I’m good with helping people with their problems.
我试过了。这没有任何好处。
I’ve tried. It doesn’t do any good.
我还能做什么?在我额头上纹”时间就是金钱”
What more can I do? Tattoo “Time is money” on my forehead?
我不想这么说,因为我看到你很在乎。
Well, I hate to say this ’cause I see you care.
也许你只能让她走了。
Maybe you’re just gonna have to let her go.
考虑立即生效。
Consider it effective immediately.
我吗?
Me?
你差点把我打倒在地。
You could’ve knocked me over with a feather.
天啊,他真的陷害了你。
Boy, he really set you up.
真不敢相信我居然建议自己炒了自己。
I can’t believe I actually recommended firing myself.
有时我梦见盖伊头朝下摔了下来……从一幢高楼。
Sometimes I dream about seeing Guy dropped on his head… from a tall building.
等一下。我得许个愿。
Wait a second. I have to make a wish.
雪莉,你每天都要这样吗?
Shirl, you got to do this every day?
你有硬币吗?
Do you have a coin?
如果我不许愿,就会有坏事发生。
If I don’t make my wish, somethin’ bad’s gonna happen.
它已经发生了。你被解雇了。
It already happened. You got fired.
太好了,雪莉。
That’s just great, Shirl.
我们现在该靠什么生活?
What are we supposed to live on now?
我想你可能会再找份工作。
I thought you might try lookin’ for a job again.
在这个臭气熏天的小镇?
In this stinkin’ town?
这镇上没有工作机会。我看腻了。
There ain’t no jobs in this town. I’m sick of lookin’.
这也许是我们搬去芝加哥的好时机。
This might be a great time for us to move to Chicago.
收拾行李去大城市吧。
Pack our bags and head to the big city.
你说呢?
What do you say?
你想收拾东西离开所有人…离开我们所有的朋友。
You want to pick up and leave everyone… leave all our friends.
这个小镇快死了。我们会死的。
This town’s dyin’. We’re dyin’ with it.
你失业多久了?八个月,九个月?
You been out of work how long? Eight months, nine?
我知道你很努力,但你好像已经放弃了。
I know you’ve looked hard, but it’s like you’ve given up.
芝加哥,嗯?
Chicago, huh?
芝加哥有什么好?
What is so goddamn great about Chicago?
芝加哥的伟大之处在于它不是Flat River。
What’s so great about Chicago is that it’s not Flat River.
你根本不会做饭,雪莉。
You can’t even cook, Shirl.
你甚至不能保住一份半吊子的工作……在舞池里推着几个老家伙。
You can’t even keep a half-assed job… pushing some old farts around the dance floor.
你做的每件事都搞砸了。
Everything you do gets screwed up.
-你去哪儿?-来两杯啤酒。
– Where you goin’? – Get a couple of beers.
你还有六块腹肌呢。
You got a whole six-pack left.
我要出去了,雪莉。
I’m goin’ out, Shirl.
史蒂夫,我要走了。
Steve, I’m leavin’.
我要走了,史蒂夫!
I’m leavin’, Steve!
接着说。
Go on then.
那我们结婚呢?
What about us gettin’ married?
你结婚的次数还不够多吗?
Ain’t you been married enough?
我回家就去找你。
I’ll see you when I get home.
-我不会在这里。-你想打赌吗?
– I won’t be here. – You wanna bet?
我要拿走你的保龄球包。
I’m taking your bowling bag.
这是一个漫长而黑暗的夜晚我一直在等待早晨这是一个漫长而艰难的战斗但我看到了崭新的一天——黎明
It’s been a long dark night And I been waitin’ for morning It’s been a long hard fight But I see a brand-new day a-dawnin’
我一直在寻找阳光因为我很久没见过它了一切都会好起来的一切都会好起来的一切都错了
I been lookin’ for the sunshine ‘Cause I ain’t seen it in so long Everything’s gonna work out just fine Everything’s gonna be all right That’s been all wrong
因为我能看到湛蓝的清晨我能看到崭新的一天我能看到湛蓝的清晨一切都会好起来的一切都会好起来的
‘Cause I can see the light of a clear blue morning I can see the light of a brand-new day I can see the light of a clear blue morning And everything’s gonna be all right It’s gonna be okay
我已经很久很久没有尝到自♥由♥的滋味了那些缠绕着我的藤蔓我不需要它们因为我很坚强,我可以证明这一点
It’s been a long, long time Since I’ve known the taste of freedom And those clinging vines That had me bound Well, I don’t need ’em ‘Cause I am strong and I can prove it
我的梦想助我渡过难关它就像一座山,我可以移♥动♥它只要有信念和爱,就没有什么是我做不到的我能看到清澈湛蓝的清晨

And I got my dreams to see me through It’s just a mountain I can move it And with faith and love there’s nothing I can’t do And I can see the light of a clear blue morning
我能看到崭新的一天我能看到湛蓝的清晨我能看到湛蓝的清晨一切都会好起来的一切都会好起来的
And I can see the light of a brand-new day I can see the light of a clear blue morning I can see the light of a clear blue morning And everything’s gonna be all right It’s gonna be okay
我能看见光,我能看见光我能看见光,我能看见光
I can see the light, I can see the light I can see the light, I can see the light
哦!
Oh!
哦,射击,射击,射击!
Oh, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot!
嘿!
Hey!
嘿!
Hey!
哦!
Ohh!
我明白了!
I gotcha!
坚持住!坚持住!
Hold on! Hold on!
把手给我。把手给我。
Just give me your hand. Give me your hand.
我明白了。不要往下看。
I gotcha. Don’t look down.
把你的脚放在那里。
Put your foot there.
用你的手臂搂着我。搂着我的脖子。
Put your arm around me. Put your arm around my neck.
好的,准备好了吗?
Okay, ready?
不要往下看。
Don’t look down.
你还好吗?
Are you okay?
你疯了吗?离我远点。你差点杀了我。
Are you nuts? Get away from me. You almost killed me.
等一下。我刚救了你的命。
Wait a minute. I just saved your life.
你差点杀了我,我的20块钱就没了。
You could’ve killed me, and I lost my 20 bucks.
你不是想自杀吧?
You weren’t trying to kill yourself?
我为什么要这么做?你是为了我才这么做的。
Why should I? You were gonna do it for me.
-看来我没救你的命。-很抱歉让你失望了。
– Then I guess I didn’t save your life. – I’m sorry to disappoint you.
也许明天会有人想自杀。
Maybe somebody’ll try to kill themselves tomorrow.
你没必要这么讽刺我。
Well, you don’t have to get sarcastic about it.
现在是早餐时间。去餐馆看看。
It’s breakfast time. Check out the restaurants.
你可能会找到一个没有窒息的人你可以给他做海姆利克急救。
You might find somebody not choking you can give the Heimlich maneuver to.
我请假是为了阻止你从桥上跳下去。
I took time off work to stop you from jumping off a bridge.
你没想跳又不是我的错。
It isn’t my fault you weren’t trying to jump.
你只是想帮忙。
Okay, you were just tryin’ to help.
-好的,这里,这里。把这个。-你在干什么?
– Okay, here, here. Take this. – What are you doin’?
如果你愿意为了20美元冒生命危险……你比我更需要它。
If you’re willing to risk your neck for $20… you need it more than I do.
做好事不应该花钱。
It shouldn’t cost you money to do a good deed.
但下次你想救别人的时候,确保他们需要被拯救。
But the next time you want to save somebody, make sure they need saving.
嘿,女士,每个人都需要拯救。
Hey, lady, everybody needs saving.
120, 140, 160, 180。
120, 140, 160, 180.
-我早饭吃的不多了,对吧?-我不知道。
– Doesn’t leave me much for breakfast, does it? – I wouldn’t know.
微笑不会伤到你的嘴。
Doesn’t hurt your mouth to give a smile.
还记得你写的市政厅赤字丑闻吗?
Remember that city hall deficit scandal piece you did?
这是个很棒的故事。
That was a great story.
他们雇的那个娈童犯…在沃基根开校车
And that convicted child molester who they hired… to drive a school bus in Waukegan.
他们会在此基础上对新司机进行背景调查。
They do background checks on new drivers based on that.
-我没有什么新东西给你,麦洛。——什么?
– I don’t have anything new for you, Milo. – Nothing?
还没有什么结果。
Nothing’s panned out yet.
-这是个大城市,杰克。给我找点东西。-我不总是这样吗?
– It’s a big city, Jack. Find me something. – Don’t I always?
记住,你只有一样好… …作为你的下一个故事。
Remember, you’re only as good… …as your next story.
大城市,杰克。
Big city, Jack.
谢谢你,夫人。
Thanks, lady.
小姐,我要早鸟特餐和咖啡。
Miss, I’ll have that early bird special and coffee.
一个挥金如土的人。
One big spender, comin’ up.
这是一种果汁。
That’s one juice.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
对不起,你能把糖递给我吗?——确定。
– Excuse me, would you pass me the sugar? – Sure.
-见鬼去吧!-哦,对不起。
– Oh, damn it to hell! – Oh, I’m sorry.
我很抱歉。
I am so sorry.
不是咖啡的问题。我太生气了。
It’s not the coffee. I am just so ticked off.
你想聊聊吗?
You want to talk about it?
你试过和工作不太顺利的工作狂约会吗?
Did you ever try dating a workaholic when their work’s not going so great?
不,我从没和工作狂约会过。
No, I never did date a workaholic.
不过,有时我也希望自己能这么做。
I sometimes wish I had, though.
我约会的男人♥大♥多都不工作。
The guys I date don’t work at all mostly.
相信我,这可不轻松。
Believe me, it’s no picnic.
他定了约会,又失约,整晚都待在办公室。
He makes dates, breaks them, stays at the office all night.
我可以和另一个女人竞争,但你怎么和工作竞争呢?
Another woman I could fight, but how do you compete against a job?
他打破这些日期的时候你在哪里?
Where are you when he breaks these dates?
等着他。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!