What are you up to, Michael?
我在试着拯救你的家庭
I’m trying to save your family.
爷爷
Grandpa.
天哪
Oh, my God.
所以你是要跟来 还是回去上学
So are you coming? Or do you have to go back to school?
开什么玩笑
Are you kidding?
– 我才不去 – 孩子 这是个机会
– I’m not going! – Think of it as an opportunity.
我才不要什么机会 我要留在这
I don’t want an opportunity! I want to stay here.
我不能一直教你 你该有更好的教育
I can’t keep teaching you, not the way you should be.
不要 我就要跟你呆在一起
No, I’m staying here with you.
世界很大 你可以做很多很多事
It’s a big world. There’s a lot to do.
我才不在乎 我不要去
I don’t care! I’m not going!
这里是
Is this…?
这是我们以前住的地方
This is where we lived.
那些鹈鹕呢
What about the birds?
鹈鹕筑巢区域在那边
The nesting area’s way down there.
那是鹕珀西先生吗
Is that Mr Percival?
不是
No.
它可能是鹕珀西先生的后代
Maybe one of his grandkids.
我当时不理解
I didn’t understand it then,
但我现在知道
but I suppose my father was…
我爸爸就是在做他觉得对我有好处的事
only doing what he thought was best for me.
他是个聪明的孩子 鹕珀西先生
He’s smart, Mr Percival.
他需要受教育
He needs an education.
应该过那种生活 你知道就是
A life, you know? To…
告诉他 世界不是只有他眼前方寸之地
To show him there’s more than this.
有时候 即便知道他们会恨你
Sometimes you gotta do what you know is right.
人也得做正确的事
Even if they’re gonna hate you for it.
– 马尔科姆 – 所有人都到齐了
– Malcolm. – I have everyone here.
迈克尔 你准备好投票了吗
Michael, are you ready to vote?
是的 准备好了
I am.
卡尔埃文斯在场吗
Is Cal Evans there?
天哪迈克尔 你在哪儿呢
Jesus, Michael. Where are you?
我在过去 卡尔
I’m in the past, Cal.
看看这个
Look at this.
我知道我老了
I know I’m old.
脑子跟不上了 但我不至于老糊涂了
My mind’s half shut, but I still got a few teeth in my head.
你们还有那个原件的副本吗
Did you manage to find your copy of the original charter?
我找到了 怎么了
I did. What’s going on?
翻到27A页
Turn to page 27A.
我们都已经准备投票了
We’re all ready for the vote.
修订的18B那条是不是写着
Does it say under revision 18B
董事会有权推迟任何一次投票会议
the board has right to delay any vote so that an independent review
以便在特殊情况下进行独♥立♥审查
could be taken in the case of exceptional circumstances?
这到底怎么回事
What the hell is going on?
嗯对 是的
Yes. Yes, it does.
有三位董事会成员同意就可以
If three board members agree.
那我们有三位董事会成员吗
So do we have three?
我们有
We do.
你在说什么 没任何理由推迟投票
What are you talking about? There’s no reason to delay the vote.
哪有什么特殊情况
There are no exceptional circumstances.
嗯 我孙女 你女儿
Well,my granddaughter, your daughter,
马尔科姆 她在公♥司♥占着25%的股份呢
who owns 25 percent of your company, Malcolm,
恐怕她快要精神崩溃了
I’m afraid she’s about to have a nervous collapse.
什么 不可能
What? No, she’s not.
是真的
Oh, yes, I am.
我精神非常崩溃 情况非常糟糕
It’s a serious collapse. Very, very bad.
– 我称之为特殊情况 – 我也是
– I’d call that exceptional circumstances. – So would I.
我们要推迟投票
We need to postpone the vote.
迈克尔 别让她在电♥话♥里说话
Get her off the phone, Michael.
没区别的 审查过后我还是会赢得选票的
This will make no difference. I’ll still win the vote after the review.
你可能会赢 也可能会输
You may. Or you may not.
但要是我们推迟久一点 等麦蒂18岁了
But if we can delay it a bit longer, Maddie will be 18 by then
她就可以在董事会上反对你了
and sitting on the board, and she can argue against you.
给大家点时间去重新考虑一下
Give people time to reconsider.
大家不需要重新考虑
Well,they don’t wanna reconsider.
– 没人会重新考虑的 – 马尔科姆 我们要挂了
No one wants to reconsider. – We gotta go, Mal.
在给索尼娅准备的晚宴上见吧
We’ll see you at that dinner we were planning for Sonia.
挂了挂了 拜拜
No, no, you’re breaking up. Ciao!
迈克尔
Michael!
太棒了 爷爷
Grandpa, that was amazing.
我们现在只是阻拦了他一时
We’ve delayed him for a while,
要想真正扭转他的想法还是得看你的了
but it’s gonna be up to you to change his mind.
我一年跟他说句话都算他走运
He’ll be lucky if I talk to him for a year.
不不
No, no.
你得跟他交流 他是你♥爸♥爸
You have to talk to him. He’s your father.
难道我不知道嘛
Don’t I know it.
他不是坏人 只是个生意人
He’s not a bad man. He’s just a businessman.
你妈妈很爱他
And your mum, she loved him.
自我跟我爸吵架后 我们从没真正和好
I never really made peace with my father after we fought.
我再也没回过这
I never came back here.
愤怒之下做的这个决定
I made that decision in anger.
是我一生中最大的错误
It was the biggest mistake of my life.
我不愿意看到你跟我一样
I don’t want you to go down that path.
嗯 我就是喜欢生气的感觉
Well, I like being angry.
孩子 这样不好的
Mads, there’s no future in that.
你会好好想想的 对吧
Think about it, will you?
你得好好想想 这很重要
You have to. It’s so important.
行吧
All right.
我会跟他说话的
I’ll talk to him.
爷爷 鹕珀西先生后来怎么样了
Grandpa? What about Mr Percival?
你不跟鹕珀西先生告别嘛
Don’t you wanna say goodbye to Mr Percival?
你就去那先呆一个月试试 怎么样
Just give it a month, see how you go.
那走吧
Come on, then.
鹕珀西先生
Mr Percival?
鹕珀西先生 不要过去
Mr Percival, stop. No!
回来 鹕珀西先生
Mr Percival! Come back!
迈克尔
Michael!
不要
No!
那是我的鹕珀西先生
That’s Mr Percival!
住手
Stop!
住手 那是我的鹕珀西先生
Stop! That’s Mr Percival!
哇靠 伙计
Whoa, buddy.
别开枪 你们别开枪
Leave him alone! Leave him alone!
它攻击我
He attacked me.
你看到了吧
You saw him.
我别无选择
I had no choice.
我之前可是警告过你
I warned you!
老爸 他们开枪打了它
They shot him, Dad.
– 给我 我来抱它 – 不要
– Give him to me. Let me carry him. – No!
我没能保护得了它
I wasn’t there to protect him.
这都是你的错
This is your fault!
你是我最好的朋友
You’re the best friend I ever had.
求求你别死
Please don’t die.
求求你
Don’t…
别死
die.
我知道你为什么要飞过去
I know why you did it.
我现在准备好离开了
I’m ready to go now.
故事就是这样结束的吗
Is that how it ended?
鹕珀西先生没有白白牺牲
Mr Percival’s life wasn’t in vain.
我上学后 议会听闻了猎人们的所作所为
After I’d gone to school, the council heard what the hunters had done.
他们扩大了禁止狩猎的范围
They doubled the size of the sanctuary.
两万英亩 是南半球最大的禁狩了
Twenty thousand acres, the largest in the southern hemisphere.
该法令将维持100年
They gave it a lease for 100 years…
还可以有选择性地延长
with an option to extend.
这是鹕珀西先生吗
Is that Mr Percival?
对
Yes.
像它这样的鸟儿 其精神永生
A bird like him never dies.
来吧
Come on.
我有个东西给你
I have something for you.
谢谢