我们不需要成为朋友
We don’t need to be friends.
我们是家人
We’re family.
留意观察需要时间
It takes time to observe attentively.
等到双眼最终看透
Wait for the moment that our eyes
事物内在的那一刻
finally penetrate the inside of the subject.
瞧 马尔夫
Look, Marv,
看见那朵花了吗 它亭亭玉立的样子
see that flower? The way it just hangs there?
我看透了你的内在
My eyes are penetrating the inside of you.
仔细观察 你会注意到这株植物
Observe carefully and you’ll note that this plant…
瞧 匹兹
Check out Pitts.
我想你真
I want you to really… Hey.
匹兹
Pitts.
有事吗 费尔德曼先生
Yes, Mr. Feldman?
你有什么
Is there something you’d like to share
想跟同学们分享的吗
with the rest of the class?
我有东西
Yeah, I’ve got something I’d like to share.
想跟英迪娅分享
With India.
他好帅
He’s gorgeous.
回来
Come back.
妈妈
Mom?
要下雨了
It’s going to rain.
放松
Relax.
这样
There.
手指弯曲
Curl your fingers.
不
No.
看我的 瞧见了吗
Watch me. You see?
我在教他弹钢琴
I’m teaching him piano.
查理叔叔是个初学者
Uncle Charlie is a complete beginner.
换上干衣服 来跟我们弹琴
Put on some dry clothes and come play with us.
去冲个热水澡 不然你会着凉的
Why don’t you take a hot shower first or you’ll catch a cold.
来 这样
Come on. Here.
早安 宝贝
Good morning, sweetie.
查理昨天清理了球场
Charlie cleared off the court yesterday.
我们要去转转
So we’re just gonna walk on over.
你不想一起来吧
You don’t want to come, do you?
英迪娅
Hello, India.
我拿了一条理查德的腰带
I took one of Richard’s belts.
他衣服我穿有点大
His whites are a little big.
好了吗
Ready?
走吧
Let’s go.
英迪娅
India?
是我
It’s me.
来给金姑妈一个拥抱
Come and give your Auntie Gin a hug.
你几点到的 格温多林
What time did you get in, Gwendolyn?
四点左右
Around 4.
对
Oh. That’s right.
什么时候走呢
And when do you fly out?
还没定
That remains to be seen.
我本打算只待一两天
I’d originally planned to stay for only a day or two
但我现在觉得该待久一点
but now I’m thinking I should stay a bit longer.
跟英迪娅好好相处一阵
Spend a little quality time with India.
对她真好
Hmm. How nice for her.
查尔斯
Charles?
金姑姑
Auntie Gin.
你来了多久了
How long have you been here?
不久
Not long.
他能从欧洲的工作脱身来这
We’re so grateful that he’s taken time away
我们很感激
from his commitments in Europe.
欧洲吗
Europe?
对
Yes.
伊芙 亲爱的
Evie, dear, after dinner,
我想饭后咱俩聊聊
I was thinking perhaps you and I could talk.
我们正在聊
We are talking.
-单独聊 -聊什么
– Alone. – About what?
像是理查德
Like Richard, for instance.
-理查德吗 -对 伊芙 理查德
– Richard? – Yes, Evie. Richard.
我侄子 也是你上一任丈夫
My nephew, your late husband.
我还没忘记他的名字
I don’t think I’ll be forgetting his name any time soon.
当然
Of course not.
我只是觉得需要做些安排
I just thought there might be arrangements to be made.
安顿安顿
Things to be settled.
我们的律师说过这都与您无关
Our lawyer has said none of this has anything to do with you.
你不在遗嘱中
You’re not in the will.
不 亲爱的 我说的不是这事
No, dear, I mean something entirely different.
也许呢
Like, for example,
我们可以聊聊你们这样
maybe we could talk about
跟查理生活在一起
your living here with Charlie like this.
说到关于我的想法
Auntie Gin isn’t shy when it comes
金姑姑从来也不害臊呢
to expressing her opinions about me.
就像理查德跟我求婚时
Like when Richard asked me to marry him.
金姑妈可能会惊奇地发现
What Auntie Gin might be surprised
那些想法没人想要 需要
to learn is that those opinions are neither wanted,
-或是接受 -伊芙
– needed, or appreciated. – Evie–
你来到我家 在这样的时候
You come into my home and attack me
-对我恶言相向 -伊芙
– at a time like this. – Evie–
金姑姑一定不是这个意思
I’m sure Auntie Gin didn’t mean anything.
您不是那个意思吧
You didn’t mean anything by it, did you?
不是
No.
当然不是那个意思 伊芙宝贝
No, of course not, Evie dear.
吃完饭你们俩谁能
Now, would either of you two
弹琴给我们听吗
like to play something for us after dinner?
-不用了 谢谢 -不用了 谢谢
– No, thank you. – No, thank you.
晚安 金姑姑
Good night, Auntie Gin.
别在意 伊芙 她只是累了
Don’t mind Evie. She’s just tired.
你的酒店叫什么名字来着
Oh, um, what was the name of your hotel again?
比尔摩
The Biltmore.
比尔摩
The Biltmore.
也许我们可以一起吃早餐
Maybe we could have breakfast together.
-就我们几个姑娘们 -不太行呢
– Just us girls. – Oh, I’m not sure.
能送她到比尔摩酒店吗
Can you take her to the Biltmore Hotel?
早上我大概会头疼
I’ll probably have a headache in the morning.
开车小心 金姑妈 留下吧
Drive carefully. Auntie Gin, stay the night here.
你让夜晚变得美好了些
You made the evening much nicer.
谢谢 亲爱的
Oh, thank you, dear.
但我这老妇需要时间独处来恢复
But an old woman needs time on her own to recover.
晚安 好孩子
Good night, sweet child.
给我打电♥话♥
Call me.
除了比尔摩 镇子里还有别的酒店吗
Are there any other hotels in town beside The Biltmore?
饥荒的时候 血缘至亲都毫无意义
Even family ties have no meaning when food is scarce.
他知道打猎的时候 没有兄弟之分
This one knows there is no room for his brother in the hunt.
同胞相争也许看似残忍♥
While this sibling rivalry may seem cruel,
到底是有好处
in the end, it is for the best.
每一天的狩猎都教鹰成长
Each day in the hunt brings the eagle closer to maturity.
而他的幼雏
And chicks of his own.
最有耐心的食肉动物
The most patient of predators,
黑鹰能盘旋数小时
the black eagle can circle for hours,
等候完美的袭击时刻
waiting for the perfect moment to strike.
鱼会提供足够的养分
The fish will provide much needed nourishment
供她照料幼雏
for her growing chicks.
想问问有没有人交来一部手♥机♥
I was wondering if anyone had turned in a cell phone.
我可能办理入住的时候落下了
I think I may have dropped it when I was checking in.
你确信吗
Are you absolutely certain?
好吧
All right.
等等 等等
Oh, wait, wait.
播外线要按几号♥键呢
Um, what number do I have to press to dial out?
9 对 我估计也是
Nine. Yes, I thought so.
快点
Come on.
山上可不是胆小鬼能去的
The mountains are no place for the faint of heart.
陡峭的山形和严寒气候
The steep terrain and harsh climate
对最强壮的种族而言
make a challenging climate