I kinda like it. Being liberated from Columbia,
何不趁着明年休息一年呢
why don’t you take a sabbatical next year?
我们要做些什么 开着RV周游全国吗
And we’re gonna do what? Drive around the country in an RV?
我也不知道 呆在这里 或者去布坦
I don’t know. You can spend more time here. Go to Butan.
夏天去海岛 我能接受的旅行大概就这样的
Well, I think our summer on the island is all the excitement I can handle.
好吧 你知道吗
Okay, well you know what?
这可能是最后一年我还清楚我自己是谁了
This might be the last year that I’m myself, you know.
别这样说
Please don’t say that.
约翰 你在哪
John?
我在这
I’m over here.
嘿 你多久要去开会
Hey, when are you going to the conference?
周一
On Monday.
那丽迪雅什么时候来呢
And when is Lydia coming?
她周日来
Lydia comes on Sunday.
她不需要大老远的过来照顾我的
She doesn’t have to come all that way to just to babysit me.
她是来索格塔克演契科夫的戏剧的 你忘了
Well she’s coming to do the Chekhov play at the Saugatuck, remember?
哦 这样
Right.
我这里弄完了以后 我们还去跑步吗
When I get finished, are we still gonna go for a run?
嗯 我再去加件衣服
Yeah, I just need to grab another layer.
我们还去跑步吗
Hey are we still going running?
噢 抱歉 嘿 看我找到了这个
Oh, I’m sorry. Hey look, look, I found this um,
我母亲和姐姐的相册
photo album with these pictures of my mother and my sister.
对了 你什么时候去开会
Hey when are you going to the conference?
周一
Monday.
那丽迪雅什么时候来呢
And when is Lydia coming?
星期一来
Lydia’s coming on Sunday.
好吧
Okay.
我们现在去跑步
Are we going running?
好的 但是我要去上个厕所 马上回来
Yes, yes we are. I just have to go pee, I’ll be right back.
艾莉
Allie?
我找不到厕所在哪了
I couldn’t find the bathroom.
没事的 亲爱的 过来 来清理一下
It’s okay baby, come on, let’s get you cleaned up.
我不知道我在哪儿…
where I am.
我喜欢这条项链
I like that necklace.
-真的喜欢吗 -嗯
-You do? -Yes.
从前见过它吗
Have you seen this before?
没有
No.
我妈妈给我的
My mother gave it to me.
当我还是个小女孩的时候 大约二年级
When I was a little girl, like in second grade,
老师跟我说蝴蝶的一生很暂短
my teacher told me that butterflies don’t live very long time.
大概只有一个月左右的生命
They live like a month or something,
我很难过 回家告诉妈妈 她说 是啊
I was so upset and Iwent home and told my mother and she said yeah,
不过你要知道 它们用尽一生活得美好
but you know, they have a nice life,
是美丽的生命
they have a really beautiful life,
这常使我想起我妈妈和妹妹的生活
so…I know it always makes me think of my mother’s life and my sister’s life,
某种程度上 也会让我思考自己的生命
and to a certain extent, of my own.
妈妈你还会活很久呢
You are gonna be around for a long time mom.
是啊 是的 听着 这不是还有好些事情我想去做吗
Yes yes, listen, there are things I wanna do all right?
我想和你♥爸♥爸休一年假 不过太难实现了
I wanna take a sabbatical yearwith daddy, but I don’t think that’sgonna happen.
还想看着安娜孩子的出生 我还想看着汤姆毕业
And Iwanna see Anna having a babyand Iwanna see Tom graduate.
你会的
You will.
我想看到你读大学
And I’d like to see you go to college.
不会像法律和医学那样花时间 就读戏剧
Not for very long, like law or medicine, but for drama.
你知道如果你的演艺事业没有起色
You know if the acting thing does’t work out, you can…
你可以…你可以教学或者开个工作室
you can teach or do workshops,
你会有一个后备的计划
you’ll have some kind of a backup plan.
我知道 但我不想要后备计划
Yeah, but I don’t wanna backup plan.
我想做演员 我要试试
Iwanna do this, I’m gonna give it a shoot,
如果我不相信自己 梦想就永远没法实现 所以…
it’s not gonna happen if I don’t believe in myself, so..
我相信你 丽迪雅 我真心的
I believe in you, Lydia, I do.
只是想你明白 生活是艰难的
Just that you know, life is tough,
比你所知道的要艰难得多
it is tougher than you know
我希望在我离开之前你能过上有所保障的日子
and I want you to have some kind of security before I go.
妈 天啊 呃…你得…那…
Mom, for god’s… get the…you have to…that’s…
你不能因为自己现在这个样子
You can’t use your situation to get me to do everything
强迫我听从你的安排
that you want me to do.
为什么不可以 为什么我不可以
Why not? Why can’t I?
因为这不公平
Because that’s not fair.
我不需要理会公平 我是你妈妈
I don’t have to be fair, I’m your mother.
-对吧 -嗯
-Right? -Yeah.
T-O-N-E
T-O-N-E.
发送单词”Tone”

Hey.
事情怎么样啦
What’s going on?
我正在工作 你呢
I’m just working, how about you?
没什么事
Nothing.
我需要读点书
I need something to read.
我以为你在读《白鲸记》呢
I thought you were reading Moby Dick.
是啊 但我厌倦了一遍又一遍地读同一页
Yeah, I was, but I got tired of reading the same page over and over again.
老是分神
Can’t focus.
我读《白鲸记》是也是这样的
That happened to me when I read Moby Dick too.
为什么你不读点轻松的书呢
Why don’t you try something lighter?
什么 比如 《猫与帽子》
What? Like the cat and hat?
那楼上丽迪雅房♥间里的戏剧如何
How about one of those plays Lydia has upstairs?
它们很快就能读完的 也很容易读
They are quicker, they are easier to read,
或许还能为你俩提供些共同话题
might give the two of you something to talk about.
好吧
Ok.
你总是在工作
You work all the time.
《天使在美国》
我最喜欢的就是…宽…
What I liked about it was how…how big,
这无限宽阔的视野
how…how wide this scape was.
是啊 这里的视野
Yeah, the scope of it.
视野 就是那个词 你好好听我说话了
Scope, that’s the word, you gotta listen to me.
你们那辈人活过的年代实在太难以置信了
It’s unbelievable to me that you guys had lived through that.
你一定 一定认识某个死于艾滋病的人吧
You must’ve known, you must’ve known somebody that died from AIDS, right?
是啊 每个人身边都有这样的人
Yeah, everybody did.
我们失去了很多人
We lost a lot of people.
但你想想
But you think,
你和马尔科姆演过摩♥门♥教♥徒 是吗 那对夫妇
you and Malcolm play the Mormons, right? The husband and wife?
你在表演班上排练过这场戏
You did the scenes in your acting class.
是啊 你怎么知道的
Yeah. How did you know that?
我不记得了 一定是你告诉我的吧
I don’t know, you must’ve told me.
我没有告诉过你
I didn’t tell you.
嗯…那我就不懂自己怎么知道了
Emmm, well, then I don’t know how I know it.
妈 你是不是偷看了我的日记
Mom, did you read my journal?
为什么 为什么你要这样做啊 妈
Why? Why would you do that, mom.
天啊 我很抱歉 莉迪亚
Gosh, I’m so sorry, Lydia,
我真的不知道我当时读的是什么
I honestly didn’t understand what I was reading.
难道你不懂得写在日记本封面”丽迪雅·霍兰德”
You didn’t understand “Lydia Howland”
几个大字吗
written across the front of a notebook?
-我没有…对不起 -我不信你
-I didn’t…I’m sorry.-I don’t believe you.
对不起 我不是故意的
I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to.
好吧 没关系 我只是没法…
Ok it’s fine, I just can’t…
丽迪雅 我没…我真的不能…
Lydia, I didn’t…I really couldn’t…
我真的不知道丽迪雅
I really didn’t know.
够了
Stop.
我不会对你做那样的事情
I wouldn’t do that to you.
你不能吃这个 你知道的吧
So you can’t eat this, you know.
嗯 我知道 不能吃寿司 不能吃热狗
No, I know, no sushi, no hot dogs.
没有热狗吃不开心 我爱热狗
Seriously no hot dogs is the worst, I love hot dogs.
不能喝酒
No alcohol.
不能喝酒
No alcohol.
不能抽烟
No cigarettes.
你从来都不抽烟啊
You never even smoke.
你懂的 我只是说…
Well, you know, I mean…
什么
What?
一根也不能抽
Not one.
谨慎一些总没错的
We can’t be too careful.
有天走楼梯的时候他甚至还抓住了我的手
He even grabbed my hand the other days we are walking the stairs,
他真的太 太体贴了
he was very very cute.
我只是在试着保护我的投资
I was just trying to protect my investment
安娜 我想你给朋友们捎句话

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!