我想说 很显然随着时间流逝我的能力会下降
I mean, obviously, it will limit my abilities as time goes on
但现在 我完全有能力…
but for now, I feel perfectly capable of –
不 不需要
No there’s no need to,
我的意思是我们不想你有任何不当的压力
I mean we, we don’t want you under any undue stress.
那样只会适得其反
That would be counterproductive.
我能承受住
I can handle the stress.
我想尽可能长的留在系里
I would like to remain in the department
直到我们都认定不可能继续了
for as long as we all think it’s possible.
好吧 我得让系里的教员们都知道
Well, I’ll have to let the department of the faculty know.
当然 我理解
Yes of course.
我真的很抱歉
I am so so sorry.
麻烦 我照常要一个蓝莓椰子味的
I’ll have a regular with blueberries and coconut please.
爱丽丝 你跑什么鬼地方哪去了
Alice, where the hell were you?
嗯…我去跑步了
Um, I went for a run.
你已经出去两个小时了 我很担心你
You’ve been gone for two hours, I was worried about you.
我去买♥♥帕芭厘了
Well, then I went to Pinkberry.
你去买♥♥帕芭厘了
You went to Pinkberry?
对啊
Yeah.
行 祝你吃得开心
Well I hope you enjoyed that
因为你我们晚餐计划完全泡汤了
because you completely blew our dinner plans.
苏珊·柯比和她老公也一起来了
Susan Kirby and her husband.
对不起我忘了 我有阿茨海默症
I’m sorry I forgot. I have Alzheimer’s.
我给你发短♥信♥ 发邮件 任何能联♥系♥你的方式都…
I texted you, I emailed you. There are ways to –
我道过歉了
I said I was sorry!
她在我们部门因为哭的惊天动地 出名的不得了
She’s the chair of my department for crying out loud.
我完全不知道你跑哪去了
I had absolutely no idea where you were,
万一你出什么事了怎么办 你为什么不把手♥机♥带上
what if something had happened to you? Why didn’t you bring your phone?
我跟你说过 我跑步不带手♥机♥
I told you, I can’t when I’m running.
你就不能带个腰包 它就那么妨碍你跑步吗
Why don’t you wear a fanny pack? Is it really that inhibiting?
对
Yes!
我非常讨厌发生在我身的一切
I hate that this is happening to me.
我也是
I hate it too.
但我们得让生活中重要的事继续维持下去
But we have to keep the important things in our life going,
我们必须得坚持不然一切都会乱套
we have to try or we are going to go crazy.
我知道 我知道约翰
I know, I know John.
我…
I am,
我很抱歉但我不知道去赴宴我会做出什么举动
I’m sorry but I don’t know what I would’ve been like at a dinner party?
可能不记得名字或者怎么回答非常简单的问题
I might not be able to remember names or answer simple questions,
更别说要为逸闻趣事做出反应
I mean never mind getting through an anecdote.
我觉得你最近状态很好
I think you’re doing great recently.
从哪看出来的
Relative to what?
我希望我得的是癌症
I wish I had cancer.
不要这么说
Don’t say that.
不 我确实希望 我认真的
No, I do. I mean it. I mean,
那样的话我就不会觉得如此羞愧
I wouldn’t feel so ashamed.
人们会为癌症病人带粉红色带
People have cancer and they wear pink ribbons for you
举♥行♥游♥行♥筹集资金
and go on long walks and raise money,
而且你不会觉得有种…社交…
and you don’t have to feel like some kind of a -social –
我不记得那个词了
I can’t remember the word.
在2013年 我们翻修了外观
In 2013, we completed exterior repairs,
内部我们重新换了部电梯
and inside we replaced the elevators,
翻新了礼堂 图书馆
refurbished the auditorium, the library,
还有休息区域以及升级了电脑系统
the lounge area, and upgraded our HFX systems.
听起来不错
Oh that’s good.
撤掉了很多旧安全系统的门
We also took away a lot of the old security doors.
入住人取决于自身的病情
Residents are issued a bracelet instead which keeps them from using elevators
配带一种特殊手环以防他们用电梯或者离开大楼
or leaving the building, depending on their level.
我不知道你是否已经跟你父母经历过这些
I don’t know if you’ve experienced this yet with your parents
但夜间大部分时候他们会变得躁动不安
but a lot of times they get nighttime restlessness and wandering,
这样做既不用让病人觉得被关起来
this way we can prevent their elopement without patients feeling
又能防止他们逃走
they’re locked in.
我明白了
I see.
我们发现集体活动
We saw after a while
让大部分入住者失去约束力
that large group activities left most of the residents unengaged
甚至会因他们曾经受过的刺♥激♥而痛苦
and even distressed by the confusion they experienced from all the stimulation.
所以我们重新策划
So we redefined activities to include
让看护和病人相互进行活动
all interactions between staff and residents in the unit.
看护会见机行事与病人进行有意义的接触
Staff looks for opportunities to many meaningful connections with residents.
知晓病人的过去
Starting with knowing about the person
和了解他们喜欢什么
who they’d been and what makes them comfortable.
每天会有一个护士在办公室
One woman who had worked as a nurse sat part of most days
将这一切都记录备案
in the nursing station writing notes.
这一切太让人心碎了
That’s heartbreaking.
是 但只有这么做才能重拾记忆
Yes but it’s a behavior we see time and again.
我们没有探访时间限制
We don’t have any restrictions on visiting times.
家人和朋友什么时候来都行
Families and friends are welcome any hour, day or night.
我今天没看到任何访客来
It doesn’t look anyone is here today.
他们通常是周日来
Well, Sunday is the day they usually come by.
那是什么
What’s that?
那是椅子上的警报
That’s a chair alarm,
特定的病人会有 好让我们知道他们的行动
certain residents have them so we know when they’re up and about.
她没事吧
Is she alright?
那只是预防措施
It’s just a precautionary measure.
这里全是女性
It’s all women.
我们确实大部分是女性病人 但也有男性病人
We do have mainly female residents here, but there are men.
看 那边是威廉
There is William over there.
威廉曾是把卫星发射到轨道的团队一员
William was part of the team that sent the first satellite into orbit.
大女儿的名字叫什么
药物功效不够让我入睡
They’re just not powerful enough to put me to sleep.
你想试试匹克隆吗
Do you want to try Lunesta?
洛喜普诺怎么样
What about Rohypnol?
这种药效很强
That’s very strong.
我需要强的
I need something strong.
你住在哪条街
嗨 爱丽丝 我是你 我有件非常重要的事告诉你
Hi Alice, I am you and um, I have something very important to say to you.
我想你已经到了那个地步
So I guess you’ve reached that point,
那个你已不能回答任何问题的地步
the point where you can no longer answer any of the questions,
所以这是更理性的做法 我很确定
so this is the next logical step.I’m sure of it.
在你的卧室 有个放着蓝色台灯的梳妆台
In your bedroom, there’s a dresser with a blue lamp.
打开最上层的抽屉
Open the top drawer.
在抽屉里 放着一瓶药
In the back of the drawer, there’s a bottle with pills in it.
上面写着”把所有药冲水喝掉”
It says “Take all pills with water”.
我知道瓶子里有很多药
Now there are a LOT of pills in that bottle,
但是你必须把它们全吞进去 好吗
but it’s very important that you swallow them all, okay?
然后 躺下来 睡觉
And then, lie down, and go to sleep.
不要告诉任何人你做的事
And don’t tell anyone what you’re doing.
当你回答不出这些问题 打开电脑上名叫”蝴蝶”的文件夹
艾莉 艾莉
Allie! Allie!
噢 我爱这个地方
Oh I love it here.
我也是
Me too.
你敢相信那是30年前的事了吗
Can you believe that that was 30 years?
求别提 天呐 噢
Don’t do that to me. Oh my God.
那可是个相当复杂的年代
Oh that was a complicated time, huh?
你那时面临了很多…是什么来着 大概有一年
You were dealing with a lot, what was it? About a year after?
是 差不多
Yeah, something like that.
我知道我说过这些
I know I said this before
但我很遗憾我从来没见过你妈妈或你姐姐
but I’m sorry I never got to meet your Mom, or your sister.
我也是 但我们度过了一段美好的时光
Me too. We had a great time though.
没错
Yeah.
你会希望我们那时多生几个吗
Don’t you wish we had more of them?
你是说能再多来几次沙滩上激♥情♥
If you mean blow jobs on the beach,
当然求之不得
yes, I do wish we had more of them.
但你知道我说的不仅仅是这些
But, yeah, you know, all of it.
时间过得太快了 安娜的降临 我们的工作
It all happens so fast you know, Anna was born and our careers.
你从没停下过 你想一次性得到所有东西
Well you were relentless. You wanted everything. And all at once.
我确实是这样的 没办法我就是喜欢
So I am, that’s how I like it.
安娜也继承了这一点 对吧
Anna’s the same way right?
我喜欢这样的你
I like you the way you are,
你怎样我都喜欢
I like everything about you.
感谢上帝你这样
Thank God you do.
这样很棒
This is so great you know,
我享受这一切 离开哥伦比亚