但我们晚饭可以去吃泰国菜
But when I come back, maybe we can go to dinner have some Thai food.
好
Yeah, okay.
我还好 只是…
I’m okay, I just.
昨晚会让我更好
Last night just got the better of me, that’s all.
那好 两件事 我觉得现在下结论还太早
Well two things, I think it’s way to early to jump into conclusions and um,
还有 不管发生什么 我都在
whatever happens, I’m here.
在这里 你能清楚看到
You can clearly see in here.
红色♥区♥域是高淀粉样β-蛋白
The red areas are high and beta amyloid.
很可能几年前就开始积累了
The build up has probably been going on for several years.
我很遗憾
I’m sorry.
也有研究表明
There is evidence
认知功能正常的老年人也会有高淀粉样蛋白
of high amyloid in older people with normal cognitive function,
对吗
correct?
对 但像爱丽丝这么年轻的
Yes, but not in someone as young as Alice.
是少之又少
At least it would be extremely rare.
我读到过有高淀粉样蛋白
I also read that high amyloid is associated with conditions
也可能是别的病
other than Alzheimer’s.
很不幸
Unfortunately,
爱丽丝的临床症状已经证实了
in Alice’s case, the corroborates the clinical symptoms that she’s presenting.
好 不用根据基因测试再作诊断吗
Well, shouldn’t any diagnosis be accompanied by a genetic test?
等一下 约翰
John, hold on a minute please.
对于这样的早发性病例
Actually I was gonna suggest that.
事实上我建议再做个早老蛋白基因突变的检查
In a case like this, with the on-set being early,
可以检测这类少见的
we would like to check for Presenilin Mutations.
家族性阿尔茨海默症
And that would be an indictor of familial Alzheimer’s disease which is a rare form
我们可以为你预约遗传学顾问
we can make an appointment for you to see a genetic counselor.
所以我孩子可能也会遗传
So this concerns my children.
是的
Yes.
那假定我有这个基因
I assume that if I have the gene,
我后代有的几率是50%
the odds of my passing it along are fifty-fifty?
恐怕是的
I’m afraid so.
如果他们是这种基因携带者
And if they are carriers, what,
病变的几率是多少
what are the odds of them developing the disease?
应该是100%
I’m afraid is 100%.
孩子都会过来参加我们的结婚纪念日
The kids will all be here for our anniversary.
我觉得我们先别告诉他们
I don’t think we should tell them.
等结果出来再说
Not until we have the test results.
但如果我下周去的话 到时就有结果了
But we will by then, if I go in next week.
我想尽快知道结果
I wanna know as soon as possible.
这电梯怎么搞的
What the hell is the Goddamn elevator?
我们在一所大医院却只有一部电梯
I mean here we are in a major hospital, and they only have one elevator running?
没事 约翰
John it’s okay.
我们明明可以走楼梯的
We could’ve taken the stairs by now.
这没什么大不了的
It doesn’t matter.
嗯…各位
Well, um, everybody.
怎么了
What’s going on?
哦 不
Oh boy.
你们要分开了吗
Are you guys gonna break up or?
不 不是那种
No, no, it’s nothing like that.
是你生病了吗 妈妈
Mom, are you sick?
这几个月我一直在看神经学医生
I’ve been seeing a neurologist for the past few months
我得了早发性的
and I have Alzheimer’s Disease.
阿尔茨海默症
Early on-set.
不会吧 你确定吗
That doesn’t make sense, are you sure?
她确实得了这病
There was no doubt she has the disease.
但她的年龄也…
But at her age it’s –
是很罕见 但是已经确诊了
It is rare but it has been confirmed.
妈妈你还这么年轻
You’re so young Mom.
我不明白
I don’t understand that.
我注意到几件事
I had noticed one or two things,
你们不知道圣诞节汤姆女朋友来的那次…
you didn’t know Tom’s girlfriend when she came over on Christmas and –
你在用什么药
What medications are you using?
主治阿尔茨海默症
现在在吃安理申和盐酸美金刚片
Right now, I’m on Aricept and Namenda.
能阻止病情吗
And they can help slow the progress?
-不能 -恐怕不行
-No. -I’m afraid not.
但能减轻病症
But they can help alleviating the symptoms, but –
问题是 约翰 问题是
The thing, the thing is, John, the thing is
我患的这种阿尔茨海默症非常罕见
that the type of Alzheimer’s I have is very rare.
是家族性的 是会遗传的
It’s familial, it’s passed on genetically.
天哪
Oh my God.
我们认为这是她爸遗传给她的
We believe that she got it from her father.
所以我们很担心你们三个
And of course we’re very worried about the three of you.
你们可以去做个检测
Now there is a test that you can take,
但完全取决于你们自己是否要到知道答案
but it’s completely up to you, whether you want to find out or not.
对不起 对不起
I’m sorry. I’m so sor –
有人能回答下今天讲哪一章节吗
Can anyone tell me what it says on the syllabus for today?
到音韵学
Phonology?
有谁能告诉我音韵学是什么
And can anyone tell me what phonology is?
留声机是从希腊语流神鸡音译而来
Phono is from the Greek word phoné meaning sound.
而音韵学从广义上来解释正是研究语言发音的学科
And phonology, broadly speaking, is the study of the sounds of language.
这点需要与语♥音♥学区分开
It should be carefully distinguished from phonetics.
嗨安娜
Hi Anna.
嗨 妈妈
Hi Mom.
你还好吗
Are you okay?
我…拿到结果了 是阳性
I .. got the results. I’m positive.
噢 上帝安娜 对不起 我真的很抱歉
Oh God Anna. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.
汤姆查出来是阴性 丽迪雅不想知道
Tom turned out negative and Lydia didn’t want to know.
但我是阳性
But I’m positive.
宝贝 你感觉怎么样
Baby how are you feeling?
我没事
I’m okay.
lui 宫腔内人工授精
好消息是至少我在下个lui疗程前发现了
One good thing, at least I found out before the next IUI session.
我想他们应该有办法检查胎盘
I guess there’s a way they can test the embryos.
确定孩子会不会被遗传
They can be sure the babies will be okay.
安娜 你在哪 我现在在去演讲的路上
Anna where are you? I’m on my way to a lecture
但我能取消掉去陪你
but I can cancel it and I can be right there.
不了 妈妈 我很好 我跟查理在一起 我没事
No no Mom, it’s okay. I’m with Charlie. I’m okay.
不 我想…我能…我想陪你 我能过去
No I want to, I can, I want to be there, I can come.
不 你不用担心 我会好的
No, please don’t worry. I’ll be fine.
好吧 我爱你宝贝
Okay. I love you sweetheart.
我也爱你
I love you.
再见
Bye.
再见
Bye.
我本来很期待大二这门课
I’ve been looking forward to this course my sophomore year
但我彻底的失望了
but I was thoroughly disappointed.
课程内容有时很混乱并缺少课后关注度
The content was often muddled and delivered with little focus or care.
这门课就是浪费时间 我最后不得不自己看网上教程
Class was a waste of time, I ended up just following the online version.
我觉得语言学201课时很反覆无常
I found linguistics 201 very erratic,
我很难跟上霍兰德教授的步伐
I had a hard time of following Dr. Howland’s lectures,
甚至她看起来也迷失了
even she seems like she gets lost in them.
埃里克 我非常抱歉
Eric, I am so sorry.
我…我不知道学生们会这么想
I, I didn’t know the students felt this way,
当然我会…我会做调整
obviously I will, I will make adjustments
下学期我们能重新评估我的授课
and we can reevaluate my performance next semester.
听着 家里一切都还好吗
Listen, is everything okay at home?
你和约翰没什么问题吧
Everything alright between you and John?
没问题 我和约翰很好
Yes, everything’s fine with John.
有什么我们能帮到忙的吗 压力大 抑郁
Is it something we could help with? Stress? Depression?
不不不 是…
No no no its’ –
药物滥用 酗酒
Substance abuse? Alcohol?
噢不 天呐埃里克 不是像那样 是…是身体
Oh no God Eric, it’s nothing like that, it’s um, it’s medical,
是身体问题
it’s a medical issue,
我承认上学期的教学进行得不是很顺利
and I admit I had a hard time teaching last semester
但我没意识到反响那么大
and I wasn’t aware of how much it showed.
爱丽丝 你想说什么
Alice, I’m not following.
我有轻度的认知功能障碍
I have mild cognitive impairment.
你能详细说清楚吗
Would you unpack that for me?
在二月份的时候我被诊断出早期阿茨海默症
In February, I was diagnosed with early on-set Alzheimer’s Disease.
什么 爱丽丝 天呐 我很抱歉
What? Alice oh my God I’m sorry.
是早期 现在依然是早期
It’s early, it’s still early stages.