每天都要讨论这个问题一次
like every single day of life.
我找到了自己想做的事情正好我正在做 这不是很好吗
I figured out what I wanted to do and I’m doing it, that’s a good thing.
谁决定得了呢
But on who’s dime?
你正在供汤姆读医学院
You’re helping Tom with Med School.
也供了安娜读法学院
You helped Anna with Law School.
亲爱的 那些都是真正的职业
Sweetheart, those are real careers.
我不想你限制自己的选择
I just don’t want you to limit your choices.
你是想替我做选择
You want to make my choices.
不 我没有
No, I don’t.
我现在真的很快乐
I’m really happy.
对不起 我不想
I’m sorry I don’t,
我不想和你争论这个
I don’t want to argue about this.
-忘了我说的话吧好吗 -已经忘了
-Just forget I said anything, okay? -It’s forgotten.
你要看下手♥机♥吗
check your phone?
只是个游戏
It’s just a game,
你姐姐和我最近迷上了填字游戏
your sister and I have developed an obsession with Words with Friends.
真有意思
It’s cute.
你不会想和她玩的 她是个厉害的角色哦
You don’t want to play with her, she’s a demon.
我不感到意外
I’m not surprised.
在吗
John?
你在吗
John?
你在哪儿
-来一个 -不用了谢谢
-One? -No, thanks.
艾莉
Allie?
-我正纳闷你去哪儿了 -别我现在正冒着汗
-I was wondering where you… -Dont, I’m really sweaty.
噢 事情怎样了
Oh, how did it go?
什么
What?
加州大学的演讲
UCLA.
哦 呃 很好 他们都 都很很包容
Oh, it was um, good. They were um, they were really receptive.
哦 我想也是的
Oh, I’m sure they were.
丽迪雅怎样了
How was Lydia?
她好着呢 你知道的
Good. You know.
你们吵架了
You guys argued?
呃 我们很努力地尝试一整晚不要吵架
Um, well, we spent the whole evening trying not to.
你知道我得说
You know I have to say
你资助她的剧团没起多大作用
the news of you bankrolling her theater company didn’t exactly help.
我告诉过你这事儿的
I told you about that.
你没有
You didn’t.
我以为我说了的
I thought I did.
你没有
You didn’t.
好了 你也不会再这样下去了
Well, you’re not gonna like this either,
我实验室还有很多事情要做
but I still have a lot of things to do at the lab
也许你可以陪我走到那边去
so maybe you could walk me over there right now.
不 不想回到学校去
No, I don’t’ want to go back to campus.
我刚完跑步 只想呆在家里
I just went for a run, I really need to be home right now.
你还好吗
Are you okay?
是的 我没事 只是 你说过我们今晚会待着一起
Yeah. Yeah I’m fine I just, you said we were gonna spend the evening in.
我是说过
I did, and we will.
我们越早走 就能越早回来 还能一起看个电影
And the sooner we go, the sooner I’ll be back and we can, watch a movie.
对不起 我只是累坏了
I’m sorry I’m just exhausted.
休息一下
Get some rest!
放松放松
Relax.
我开始不记得事情了
I started forgetting things,
比如一些恼人单词和名字我都记不得了
little annoying things like words and names,
完全记不得了
and I got lost. Completely lost.
在校园里跑步时 我和我的医生说起这个
Running on campus and I talked to my doctor about it
她说这可能是更年期反应
and she said it could be menopause,
上一次来月经是在二月份
and the last time I had a period was in February.
但后来又来一次是在九月份 就正好在我生日之前
But then I had one again in September right before my birthday, so,
那 你有吃药吗 药物治疗或者辅助治疗
Are you taking any pills? Medication? Supplements?
恩 我有吃复合维生素 亚麻籽油 钙 铁
Um, I take MultiVitamin, Flaxseed Oil, Calcium, Iron,
旅行时我偶尔会吃安♥眠♥药♥
I occasionally take a sleeping pill when I travel.
你头部有受过伤吗
Have you had any head injuries?
没有
No.
你有没有觉得自己很压抑
Would you consider yourself depressed?
或者现在在承受压力过大
Or under undue stress at the moment?
不 我虽然工作很多 但是我可以应付
No, I work a lot but I thrive on it.
你的睡眠情况怎么样
How’s your sleeping?
还不错 一个晚上7个小时的样子
It’s fine, like 7 hours a night.
现在我要让你记住一个名字和地址
Now I’m gonna ask you to remember a name
之后我会再问你一次 清楚了吗
and an address and I’m gonna ask you for it again later, okay?
约翰·布莱克 42岁 华盛顿街道 霍伯肯
John Black, 42, Washington Street, Hoboken.
你能重复一遍吗
Can you repeat that for me?
约翰·布莱克 42岁 华盛顿街道 霍伯肯
John Black, 42, Washington Street, Hoboken.
很好 你多大了
Good. How old are you?
50岁
I’m 50.
今天的日期是
What’s today’s date?
11月26日
November 26th.
我们现在在哪
Where are we?
纽约长老会医院3楼
We’re on the 3rd floor of NewYork-Presbyterian.
你能拼出Water这个单词么
Can you spell “water” for me?
W-A-T-E-R
W-A-T-E-R.
反过来呢
Can you spell it for me backwards?
R-E-T-A-W
R-E-T-A-W.
从这些卡片中你看到了什么
Can you tell me what you see on these cards?
钳子 一把梯子 一个海马
Pliers, a ladder, a sea horse,
螺丝刀还有一头象
screwdriver, an elephant
和我说说你的父母吧
Tell me about your parents.
他们都已经去世了
Well, they’re both dead.
在我18岁的时候 我妈妈和我姐姐死于一场车祸
My mother and my sister died in a car crash when I was 18
我爸爸在1999年死于肝功能衰竭
and and my father died in 1999 of liver failure.
是肝炎么
Hepatitis?
不是 是肝硬化 他一个酒鬼
Cirrhosis.He was an alcoholic.
他后来是什么样子
And what was he like towards the end?
总是语无伦次 不怎么清醒
Incoherent. Incognant.
额 其实我们并没有经常见面 也不是很亲近
Um, to tell you the truth, we didn’t really see a lot of each other,
他一个人住在新汉普郡 没和我们住一起
he lived in New Hampshire and we, weren’t that close.
抱歉 那你还有其他兄弟姐妹么
Sorry, do you have any other siblings?
没有了 我只有一个姐姐
No, I only had the one.
那么现在你可以说出之前我和你说过的
Now can you tell me the name and the address
那个人的名字和地址么
that I asked you to remember?
约翰·布莱克
John Black.
地址呢
And the address?
啊 该死 我竟然忘了
Damn it, I forgot.
你觉得最有可能的地址是阿琳街42号♥
Is it 42 Argyle street,
还是科尔街42号♥还是华盛顿街42号♥或者是南街42号♥呢
Cole Street, Washington Street or South Street?
额 能不能重新来一编 之前被我爸妈的事情分心了
Um, I was distracted talking about my parents can we do that one again?
不必了
There’s no need to this time.
好吧
Okay.
我建议你做个核磁共振 看能不能得到一些更可靠的信息
So I’d like you to do an MRI just to rule some things out.
比如什么呢 我觉得我患了脑瘤
Like what? Because I think I have a brain tumor.
这是一个预防措施
It’s just a precaution.
它能使我们看到你的大脑
But it will allow us to see
是否有损伤或者有中风的迹象
if there’s a lesion or if there are any signs of a stroke.
能够帮助我们了解大脑到底怎么了
Just find out what is going on there.
好的 那我能做什么呢
Okay, what should I do in the mean time?
你可以多锻炼锻炼身体
Um, you can get plenty of exercise,
让血液多流动 运动总是好的
it’s always good to get the blood pumping,
平时多喝水 对你的记忆有很好的帮助
drink lots of water, hydration is excellent for the memory.
还有下次来见我的时候
And the next time that you come and see me,
你能带来一个熟悉你的人来么
can you bring in someone who knows you well?
丈夫或亲人 没问题吧
Your husband or a close relative?
当然可以
Sure.
呃 听诊器 千禧年 刺猬
Um, Stethoscope, Millennium, Hedgehog.
阴极
Cathode
石榴
Pomegranat
格子
Trellis.
有人在吗
Hello!
在的 进来吧
Hi! Come on in.
你好 妈妈
Hi Mom.
嘿 见到你真是太好了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!