你好啊
Hey.
今天属于麦金塔
Today is about the Macintosh.
而麦金塔是我的作品
And the Mac is mine.
-我把它归功于你 -谢谢
– I give you that. – Thank you.
都归功于你
I give you that.
只要你公开致谢Apple Ⅱ团队
Just publicly acknowledge the Apple II team
因为这是应该做的
’cause it’s the right thing to do.
马上我们就能知道
We’ll know soon enough
你真是达芬奇般的绝世天才还是自以为是
if you are Leonardo da Vinci or just think you are,
但与此同时 最好…
but in the meantime, it would be great…
与此同时 Apple Ⅱ的时代结束了
In the meantime, the Apple II is done.
七年了 很了不起
Seven years. It was a great run.
你应该去大厅找你的座位坐下了
You should go out in the house and take your seat.
Mac是杰夫·拉斯金的
The Mac is Jef Raskin’s.
说那句话
Say it for me.
-电脑不是… -去你的
– Computers aren’t… – Fuck you.
好吧
All right.
五 六
Five, six…
-好了吗 -我还需要点时间
– We’re there? – I need more time.
-不行 -只要二十分钟
– You can’t have it. – 20 minutes.
已经八点五十八了
It’s 8:58.
我们可以迟些开始
We can start late.
听着 我们是电脑公♥司♥ 不能起步晚了
Hear me. We’re a computer company. We can’t start late.
-那我还有个主意 -什么
– Then I have another idea. – What?
是个骗人而且几乎不道德的主意
It’s deceptive and borderline unethical.
-你说 -它可以在512型号♥上运行
– I’m listening. – It’ll run on the 512.
-你测试了吗 -是的
– You tested it? – Yeah.
等等 你要用512型号♥来做
Wait. You’re gonna demo
128型号♥电脑的演示吗
a 128 computer on a 512?
没人知道的
Nobody’s gonna know.
而你只觉得这几乎不道德吗
And you think that’s borderline unethical?
那你告诉我还有什么选择
Name my other choices, please.
你得告诉我
Please. You have to tell me
为什么让它说你好如此重要
why it’s so important for it to say hello.
因为好莱坞 他们把电脑妖魔化了
Hollywood. They made computers scary things.
你看 这会让你想起一张友好的脸
See how this reminds you of a friendly face,
那个软盘插口就像是在傻笑
that the disk slot is a goofy grin?
它是暖心而幽默的 它需要说你好
It’s warm and it’s playful and it needs to say hello.
它需要说你好是因为它能做到
It needs to say hello because it can.
我们没有在进行欺诈
We’re not committing fraud.
512型号♥在一年之内就会上市
The 512 is gonna ship in under a year.
你能让我别再听到你的东欧式反对了吗
Will you absolve me of your Eastern European disapproval?
2001年的电脑总是在说你好
The computer in 2001 said hello all the time
但还是把我吓坏了
and it still scared the shit out of me.
赦免我吧
Absolve me.
仅此一次
Just for this.
下不为例
And just for now.
女士们先生们
Ladies and gentlemen,
有请创始董事会成员迈克·马库拉
please welcome founding board member Mike Markkula.
好了 都准备好了
All right. Okay.
去吸引全世界的注意吧 史蒂夫
Go make a dent in the universe, Steve.
过几小时见
See you in a couple hours.
我将为大家带来此次发布会的正式部分
And I’m going to take us through the formal part of the meeting,
如果你们想叫它法律部分也行
the legal part, if you will.
感谢上帝 骑士终于出现了
Thank merciful God. The cavalry’s shown up.
我听说你今早比平时还糟糕
I hear you’ve been worse than usual this morning.
我觉得不可能
I didn’t think that was possible.
所以我被派来做”史蒂夫耳语者”
So I’ve been dispatched as the “Steve Whisperer.”
这是一瓶55年的玛尔戈红酒
This is a ’55 Margaux.
现在是早上九点
9:00 in the morning.
这可是55年的玛尔戈啊
This is a ’55 Margaux.
是我想多了还是你开始学我穿衣服了
Is it my imagination or have you started to dress like me?
让马库拉用季度报告开场不是好主意
It was a bad idea to have Markkula open with quarterly reports.
我们应该往观众身上浇水
Instead we should have just dropped water on the audience.
像是从天花板泼下
You know, just big 10,000-gallon tanks of cold water,
几箱三四万升的冷水
dropped from the ceiling.
给迈克在提词卡上省点钱
Save Mike some money on index cards.
-放轻松就行 -为什么
– Oh, just relax. – Why?
我不知道 没人问过我这问题
I don’t know. No one’s ever asked me that question.
干杯吧
There you go.
你是唯一和我用同样的方式看世界的人
You’re the only one who sees the world the same way I do.
没人和你用同样的方式看世界
No one sees the world the same way you do.
我就像凯撒一样 约翰
I’m like Julius Caesar, John.
-我被强敌环绕 -你才没有
– I’m surrounded by enemies. – No, you’re not.
-董事会 -董事会啊 他们支持你
– The board… – Oh, the board. The board’s behind you.
只因为你的关照他们才会这样的
Only because you see to it they are.
我觉得这是个不错的董事会
I think it’s a good board,
但如果你想让我把他们一个个挤出去
but if you want me to push them out one by one,
我们可以谈谈
we can talk about that.
我想让你一次性把他们都推出去
I want you to push them out all at once…
如果最近的出口是窗户 就从那儿出去
through a window, if it’s the nearest exit.
我们给他们看广♥告♥时他们是那种表情
The look on their faces when we showed them the spot.
我看不到他们的脸
I couldn’t see their faces,
因为他们都拿头磕着桌子呢
’cause they were banging their heads on the table.
没错 在它播出一次后 昨天
Yeah, yeah. Yesterday, the day after it airs once,
《广♥告♥周刊》的出版商就说
the publisher of Adweek calls it
这是有史以来最好的广♥告♥
the best commercial of all time.
是最好的 它也的确是
Of all time! And it is.
如果有谁能做得更好
And if anyone does one better,
只有李岱艾广♥告♥公♥司♥
it’s gonna be Chiat/Day,
而董事会想换掉他们
who the board wanted to replace,
也只有李·克洛能胜任
and it’s gonna be Lee Clow,
可董事会觉得他是个疯子
who the board thought was out of his mind.
女士们先生们 1984
Ladies and gentlemen, “1984.”
这是信息净化指令的
The first glorious anniversary
光荣的一周年生日
of the information purification directives.
我们创造了史无前例的
We have created for the first time in all history
纯意识形态的花♥园♥
a garden of pure ideology
在那里每一位工人都可以有所建树
where each worker may bloom,
蔽除产生反对与矛盾的害虫
secure from the pests purveying contradictory thoughts.
我们思想的统一是比地球上
Our unification of thoughts is more powerful a weapon
任何舰船或军队都要有力的武器
than any fleet or army on earth.
我们合为一体
We are one people…
我们用了光头党做临时演员吗
Did we use skinheads as extras?
-有些人跟我说过 -对
– A couple of people have told me that. – Yeah.
我们付光头党工资吗
We paid skinheads?
在我的工资名册上有光头党吗
I’ve got skinheads on my payroll?
-他们的样子符合你的要求 -光头党
– They had a look you wanted. – The skinheads?
-对 -好吧 那就别说出去
– Yeah. – Okay, let’s keep that to ourselves.
我们将获得胜利
We shall prevail.
1月24日
On January 24th,
苹果电脑将会发布麦金塔
Apple Computer will introduce Macintosh.
-还有谁知道 -知道什么
– Who else knows? – Who else knows what?
-我们付钱让恐♥怖♥分♥子♥出演广♥告♥ -约翰
– That we paid terrorists to be in our TV commercial. – John…
他们在广♥告♥上做了错误决策
They were wrong about the ad,
但他们是个好董事会 是好人
but they’re a good board. Good people.
他们唯一的问题 问题是他们是人
Their only problem… Their problem is that they’re people.
人 而人性是需要克服的东西
People. The very nature of people is something to be overcome.
当我在运营百事可乐的时候
When I was running Pepsi,
我们把重点放在18至55岁的年龄层
we had a lot of success focusing on
取得大成功
18-to-55-year-olds,
而他们不是暴♥力♥仇恨团体的成员
who weren’t members of violent hate groups.
我知道
I get it.
你没有被敌人环绕
You’re not surrounded by enemies.
我们即将大功告成
We’re almost there.
我在迪伦的词上摇摆不定
I’m back and forth on the Dylan.
我可能会用另一段歌♥词
I might quote a different verse.
有什么选择
What are the choices?
今朝失败者明日会成功
“For the loser now will be later to win,”
明日会成功
-现在用的是这句 -好 还有呢