– A computer. – No.
是一台计算机的塑像
It was a sculpture of a computer.
计算机时代来临
计算机时代来临
是一台塑像
It was a sculpture.
《时代》应该在发刊前几个月
Time would have had to have commissioned it
就定下这封面了
months in advance.
你根本就没进”年度风云人物”候选名单
You were never in the conversation for Man of the Year.
没人害你失去任何东西
Nobody lost you anything.
…我和Mac的照片
…picture of me and the Mac.
所以还有什么是你自认对的
So what else are you sure about?
我怎么会没想到这点
I don’t know how I could’ve missed that.
-现实扭曲 -不 我说真的
– Reality distortion. – No, seriously.
我也说真的
Seriously.
别想着吵赢丽萨
Don’t try to win an argument with Lisa.
承认你错了吧
Just say you were wrong.
进来吧 宝贝
Come on in, honey.
-我不是你”宝贝” -约翰
– It’s not “honey”. – John.
进来 快进来 别站在走廊了
Get in. Get in. Get out of the hall.
我是从侧门进来的
I was taken in a side entrance.
一会我原路返回 没人会看到我的
I’ll go out the same way. No one will see me.
-你好吗 乔安娜 -我很好 约翰
– How are you, Joanna? – I’m good, John.
只是没想到会见到你
I’m just surprised to see you.
大家都很感激你在《福布斯》上说的话
Everyone here really appreciates the quote you gave to Forbes.
-其实你不必这样 -不必客气
– You didn’t have to do that. – My pleasure.
你愿意的话 等熄灯的时候
If you want, I can slip you in the back
我带你去后台看看
once the house lights go out.
-我只是来祝好运的 -好吧
– I’m just here to say “Good luck.” – Okay.
你只有几分钟时间
You just have a couple of minutes.
-麻烦你去找下… -好
– Would you try to find… – Yeah.
你是个好人 约翰
You’re a good man, John.
我给你带了个礼物
So I brought you a present.
一台牛顿掌上电脑
A Newton.
如果不开箱 你还能转手卖♥♥掉
Don’t take it out of the box, you’ll be able to sell it,
那样就更好了
which is more than I can say.
你没事吧
Everything all right there?

Uh, no…
就只是乔安娜指出了一点问题
Just something Joanna pointed out to me.
有些显而易见的事我却漏掉了
I missed something so obvious about…
没什么大不了
Doesn’t matter.
华尔街都坐等着观察你CEO当得怎么样
Look, Wall Street’s gonna sit back and wait to see how you do as CEO,
所以第一年里不要为股价波动费心了
so don’t let any fluctuation bother you for the first 12 months.
短线交易者会作出反应的
Day traders are gonna respond.
不必我来教你
I don’t need to school you.
你是想告诉我不应该停产牛顿吗
This your way of telling me I shouldn’t have killed the Newton?
地球上最有效率的动物是秃鹫
The most efficient animal on the planet is the condor.
地球上最没效率的动物是人类
The most inefficient animals on the planet are humans.
至少不该因为个人恩怨而停产
Well, you shouldn’t have killed it for spite.
对公♥司♥不好 别这么做
That’s bad business. Don’t do that.
可有了自行车
But a human with a bicycle
人类就成了最有效率的动物了
becomes the most efficient animal.
而完美的计算机
And the right computer…
友好且易操作的计算机
a friendly, easy computer that
不应当难看突兀 而应当像台灯一样
isn’t an eyesore but rather sits on your desk
静美地摆在你的桌上
with the beauty of a Tensor lamp…
完美的计算机就像是思维的自行车
The right computer will be a bicycle for the mind.
你喜欢吗
Do you like it?
我被送回去过
I was giving back.
如果不是只有配得上的人才有
And what if instead of it being in the right hands,
而是人人都有呢
it was in everyone’s hands?
全世界所有人
Everyone in the world.
你说的电脑对现有的市场结构
We’d be talking about the most tectonic shift
所造成的影响将会是…
in the status quo since…
史无前例的
Ever.
我不知道你为什么一直
I don’t know why you’ve always been
对我的被收养史感兴趣
interested in my adoption history,
可你说过这不像是别人看了我一眼
but you said it’s not like someone looked at me
就把我送回去了那样
and gave me back.
可实际上就是这样
But that is what happened.
你是说你有完美的计算机吗
And you’re telling me you have the right computer.
它叫麦金塔
It’s called Macintosh.
先是一对律师夫妇收养了我
A lawyer couple adopted me first,
一个月后就把我送回去了
then gave me back after a month.
他们改变主意了
They changed their mind.
然后我的父母收养了我
Then my parents adopted me.
我的生母要求 收养我的人
My biological mother had stipulated that whoever took me
必须受过大学教育 有钱而且信天主教
had to be college-educated, wealthy and Catholic.
保罗和克拉拉夫妇一条都不符合
Paul and Clara Jobs were none of those things,
所以我的生母不肯签收养协议
so my biological mother wouldn’t sign the adoption papers.
后来呢
What happened?
打了挺长一阵官司
There was a legal battle that went on for a while.
我妈说最开始一年她拒绝爱我
My mother said she refused to love me for the first year.
以防他们得把我送回去
You know, in case they had to give me back.
你没法没法拒绝爱一个人 史蒂夫
You can’t refuse to love someone, Steve.
没错 但其实是有办法的
Yeah, it turns out you can.
一个月大的婴儿到底犯了什么大错
What the hell can a one-month-old do that’s
会烦到让他父母把他送回去
so bad his parents give him back?
没有 一个月大的婴儿什么都干不了
Nothing. There’s nothing a one-month-old can do…
你有没有想过去找你的生父
Have you ever thought about trying to find your biological father?
我已经见过他了
I’ve met my biological father.
说起来其实你也见过
For that matter, so have you.
它叫麦金塔
It’s called Macintosh.
-史蒂夫·乔布斯先生 -詹达利
– Mr. Steve Jobs. – Jandali.
这位是约翰·斯卡利
Say hello to John Sculley.
詹达利是这儿的老板
Jandali owns the place,
约翰是百事公♥司♥的CEO
and John’s the CEO of Pepsi,
我正在说服他搬来库比蒂诺
but I’m trying to get him to move to Cupertino,
干一番大事业
put a dent in the universe.
您也吃素吗
You eat vegan as well?
你在逗我吧
You’re kidding me.
不 我什么都吃
No, I’ll eat anything.
要不你试试这道前菜
Why don’t you start off with
地中海生菜色拉配马齿苋和薄荷
the Mediterranean lettuce salad with purslane, mint…
我妹妹找到的他
My sister found him.
-他知道吗 -不知道
– Does he know? – No.
相反 他还向莫纳炫耀
In fact, he bragged to Mona that
史蒂夫·乔布斯一直光临他的餐厅
Steve Jobs comes in the restaurant all the time.
-难道你不想… -不想
– You don’t want to… – No.
你不觉得你该告诉他吗
Don’t you think you should talk to him?
那他可能会随便找个理由告我来要钱吧
He’d probably find a reason to sue me.
史蒂夫
Oh, Steve…
约翰 如果你是来为你的业绩讨♥说♥法♥
John, if you’re here about your legacy,
那你得排在沃兹尼亚克之后了
you need to form a line behind Wozniak.
沃兹尼亚克会没事的
Wozniak’s gonna be fine.
我可是炒了史蒂夫·乔布斯的人
I’m the guy who fired Steve Jobs.
有钱 受过大学教育 信天主教
Rich, college-educated and Catholic.
史蒂夫 到时间了
Steve? It’s time.
我得上台了
I’ve gotta go.
是我搞砸了这一切吗
Did I do this? Screw it up?
现在就忘了这些吧
Let’s let it go now.
也是时候了
Has to be time.
来当我们的CEO吧
Come be our CEO.

Yeah. Okay.
是因为手写笔 约翰
It was the stylus, John.
-什么 -我是因为手写笔才停产牛顿
– What? – I killed the Newton because of the stylus.
要是手拿着手写笔
If you’re holding a stylus, you can’t use
就腾不出那五支天然的手写笔了
the other five that are attached to your wrist.
本来我们能干出一番大事业
Things we could have done together.
那得是多么惊天动地的事业啊
God, the things we could’ve done.
我会给你交学费的
I’m paying your tuition.
你傻了吗 我当然会给你交学费
Are you crazy? Of course I’m paying your tuition.
那你当时说你不会给我交学费

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!