Maybe you should see a therapist.
反正没什么坏处
Certainly couldn’t hurt.
我意思是你的的确确威胁过我
I meant you literally threatened me.
在弗林特 Mac发布会之前
At Flint, right before the Mac launch.
我当时在重新编译 在给语♥音♥系统纠错
I was recompiling. I was trying to debug the voice demo.
你说如果我不能找到解决方案
You said if I couldn’t find a solution,
你就会在所有观众面前宣布我的名字
you’d call me out in front of the audience.
-电脑说出”你好”了吗 -说了
– Did it say “Hello”? – It did.
不用谢
No need to thank me.
为什么你总希望别人讨厌你
Why do you want people to dislike you?
我不是故意让别人讨厌我
I don’t want people to dislike me.
我只是不在乎别人是否喜欢我
I’m indifferent to whether they dislike me.
既然你不在乎 我一直都不喜欢你
Since it doesn’t matter, I always have.
真的吗
Really?
我倒是一直很欣赏你 真是不巧
I’ve always liked you a lot. That’s too bad.
-预祝发布会能惊艳全场 -谢谢
– Knock ’em dead. – Thank you.
非常厉害 难以理解但无比真实的一点
What is remarkable, what’s hard to fathom but true,
就是在同一时钟频率下
is that for a given clock rate,
PowerPC芯片速度是奔腾2的两倍
a PowerPC chip is twice as fast as a Pentium II chip.
换句话说
In other words,
一个266MHz的G3核心的速度
a 266 megahertz G3 chip
是同样266MHz的
is twice as fast as a
奔腾2核心运行速度的两倍
266 megahertz Pentium II.
或者说 266MHz的G3
Or… A 266 G3
相当于一个500MHz的核心
is equal to about 500 megahertz.
你知道什么是巧合吗 丽萨
Do you know what a coincidence is, Lisa?
看看《Byte》杂♥志♥的评分吧
Take a look at Byte magazine’s Byte Marks,
这是最权威的评测…
the gold standard for any…
进来
Come in.
我让别人去大堂看了
I sent someone into the lobby.
-他们找到她了 而且她 -她在那
– They found her, and she… – Where is she?
她说她不想到这儿来
She said she’d rather not come back.
-为什么 -她只说了这么多
– Why? – That was it.
-我亲自去找她 -不行 你不能去
– I’m going out there myself. – You can’t. You can’t.
《艰难时光》 甲壳虫乐队著名电影配乐
那就真的成了《艰难时光》了
It’ll be a scene out of Hard Day’s Night.
-抱歉打扰了 -你好 乔尔
– Excuse me. – Hey, Joel.
安迪说我可以到后台来看看
Andy said it was okay to come back.
-哪个安迪 -安迪·卡宁汉
– Which one? – Andy Cunningham.
受不了了 他俩有一个得把名字改了
I can’t do this forever. I need one of them to change their name.
你可以管安迪·卡宁汉叫安德里亚
You call Andy Cunningham “Andrea.”
我怎么称呼他们没关系
It doesn’t matter what I call them.
和他们说话的时候 我分得清楚谁是谁
I know who I’m talking about when I’m talking.
我需要别人给他们不同的称呼
I need everyone else to call them different names.
稍等我一会
Give me one second.
拜托你 帮我把她叫过来好吗
Can you go get her for me, please?
我刚刚和安迪谈了谈
I just talked to Andy.
姓赫茨菲尔德的那个
Hertzfeld.
我都想用清洁剂把我脑子清一清
I’m just trying to scrub this out of my brain with Drano.
但我真的想和丽萨谈谈
But I do want to talk to Lisa.
好的 你就…
Okay. Just…
-保持冷静 -好的
– Stay cool. – Okay.
谢谢
Thank you.
你好 史蒂夫
Hey, Steve.
你现在感觉怎么样
How are you feeling?
我感觉很好 乔尔 你呢
I’m feeling good, Joel. How about you?
我觉得我快在你们这行干不下去了
I don’t think I could be in your business.
更新换代太快了
It changes too quickly.
我能挺住
Well, I’d hang on, ’cause yours
而你也要开始跟上这个节奏了
is about to start changing pretty quickly too.
这是我14年以来第三次采访你
This is the third time in 14 years I’m writing about you.
你目前有什么看法
What do you think so far?
抱歉 阿维找你 说有新的鲨鱼图片
Excuse me. Avie’s looking for you. He has a new shark.
-你想去后台参观下吗 -当然
– You wanna come backstage for a second? – Sure.
-这是谁 -阿兰·图灵
– Who’s this one? – Alan Turing.
赢得世界第二次大战他功劳最大
Single-handedly won World War II and,
因为公认是他发明了电脑
for an encore, invented the computer.
-但他不会出现在发布会上 -为何
– He won’t be part of the campaign though. – Why not?
因为你还得问我这是哪位
‘Cause you just had to ask me who he was.
我能看看新的鲨鱼图片吗
Can I see new shark?
比上一只鲨鱼好多了
I like it better than the old shark.
-是很多只鲨鱼 -很多只
– Sharks. – Sharks.
-你看了多少鲨鱼 -就几个
– How many sharks did you go through? – A couple.
-这是第39只 -我们正在接受采访
– This is the 39th. – We’re on the record.
-39只鲨鱼 -好的
– Thirty-nine sharks. – Okay.
-你知道这只特别在哪吗 -在哪
– You know what’s special about this shark? – What?
其实我也在问
No, I’m really asking,
因为在我看来和其他38只完全一样
because it looks exactly like the other 38 sharks to me.
把它和解说词一起放出去
Let me see it with the cue,
就从外观那里
from the profile.
这是92-B号♥幻灯片
This is cue 92-B.
这是电脑外观
This is a profile here,
这个是电脑的背面图
and this is what it looks like from the back.
另外 正面效果图
And one more thing.
奔腾笔记本只配给它塞牙缝
It eats Pentium notebooks as a light snack.
就是这只鲨鱼了
This is the shark.
我很满意
I really like it.
没有人第一次就能成功
Nobody gets it right the first time,
但这条早该在15或20条之前给我看了
but I should have been shown this shark 15, 20 fish ago.
-可能吧 -把画面锁定
– You probably were. – Lock it in.
-倒计时十分钟 -他吃了一口毒苹果
– Ten minutes. – He killed himself by taking
自杀了 我说的是阿兰·图灵
a bite of a poison apple… Alan Turing.
是啊
Yeah.
应该给他立一尊雕像
There should be statues of that man.
他的名字应该家喻户晓 妇孺皆知
His name should be on the lips of schoolchildren.
被咬了一口的彩虹色苹果
The rainbow flag apple with a bite taken out…
原来标志灵感出自这里吗
That’s where it came from?
不 其实我们找了很多听着不错的名字
No, we picked it off a list of friendly-sounding words.
但找一个有故事的名字不是更好吗
But wouldn’t it be great if that had been the story behind it?
史蒂夫 我还是喜欢上一只鲨鱼
Steve. Kinda liked the last shark.
滚丫的
Fuck you.
我想请你帮个忙
I wanted to ask you a favor.
我的朋友 很早以前
My friend, a long time ago,
你在发布会前要求我帮个忙 我拒绝了
you asked me a favor before a product launch, and I said no.
-你想让我承认… -等等
– You wanted me to acknowledge… – Hang on.
如果你想说承认你错了
If you’re about to say you were wrong,
我想要让这个记者记下来
I want to prepare this journalist.
我百分百是对的 而你错得离谱
I was 100% right, and you were spectacularly wrong.
但我还是欠你个人情 所以说吧
But I still owe you a favor, so name it.
-史蒂夫 -除了感谢Apple Ⅱ研发组
– Steve… – It can’t be acknowledging the Apple II team.
感谢Apple Ⅱ研发组
Acknowledge the Apple II team.
-能不能私下谈这个 -不行
– How about in private? – No.
-这是恶作剧吗 -不是
– Is this a prank? – No.
我正努力回想300MHz的G3芯片的事
I’m trying to remember that a 300 megahertz G3 chip…
只感谢核心成员就好
Just the top guys.
史蒂夫
Steve.
-稍等一下可以吗 -好
– Excuse me, okay? – Yep.
给我一会
One second.
-她说还是算了 -什么意思
– She said she’d rather not. – What do you mean?
她和她的朋友坐在一起
She’s sitting with her friends,
她还说了她不想到这里
and she said she’d rather not come back.
那好 告诉她 先把她叫到一边
Okay. Tell her… Take her aside.
我可不想让她在朋友面前丢脸
I don’t want to embarrass her in front of her friends.
但告诉她 我刚刚把安迪吓尿了
But tell her I just scared the shit out of Andy,
而且这次谁都不能帮她付那该死的…
and this time, nobody’s paying her fucking…
好吧 别说这个
All right. Don’t say that.
不过你可以搬出你那套成熟又睿智的腔调
But do your thing where you sound old and wise
就好像你的人生就是一幅欧洲悲情油画
because of the broad, tragic European canvas of your life.
你知道我不是生在19世纪的犹太小村吧
You know I wasn’t born in a 19th-century shtetl, right?
请转告她这很重要
Please tell her it’s important.
-一切都还好吗 -都好
– Everything all right? – Yeah.