I don’t happen to think it is a little deal. She knew that…
-不 -我这房♥子是给她们两个人买♥♥的
– No. – I bought the house for the two of…
-不 -你说不是什么意思
– No. – What do you mean, “No”?
不就是不 这栋房♥子
I mean no. The house has
根本就不是你生丽萨的气的原因
nothing to do with why you’re angry at Lisa.
我向你保证 这房♥子正是
I assure you, the house has
我这么生丽萨气的原因
everything to do with why I’m angry at Lisa.
你可曾听过一个词 “现实扭曲力场”
Have you ever heard the phrase “Reality distortion field”?
听过
Yes.
完整版是”史蒂夫的现实扭曲力场”
As in “Steve’s reality distortion field”?
我知道 我看到过
I’ve heard it. I’ve read it.
这词都变成乔尔·拜茨的流行歌♥曲了
It’s been sung to me by Joan Baez.
你说的这个现实扭曲力场
What you call a reality distortion field,
而且我很确定这个词就是你传开的
and I’m pretty sure you’re the one who coined the phrase,
-是我们能走到今天的原因 -我知道
– is the reason we’re here. – I know that.
如果每一次别人都说我不可能做到
If I traded in my bank account for a dollar
我银行就入账一块钱的话
every time somebody told me
那我早就发达了
something was impossible, I’d come out ahead.
-这我也清楚 -那你还有什么问题
– I know that too. – What’s the problem?
-问题肯定不是房♥子 -乔 我
– My problem? It sure isn’t the house. – Jo, I…
问题是你告诉她你拒付她上哈佛的学费
It’s that you told her you weren’t going to pay for Harvard.
那孩子
That child.
是个认真上进 性格开朗的孩子
That earnest, unironic kid.
她告诉你我没给她付学费吗
She told you I wasn’t paying her tuition?
我老早该拿什么重东西砸你了
I should have hit you with something heavy a long time ago.
丽萨跟你说我没给她付学费吗
Lisa told you I wasn’t paying her tuition?
-是安迪说的 -哪个安迪
– Andy told me that. – Which one?
姓赫茨菲尔德的那个
Hertzfeld.
赫茨菲尔德又是怎么知道的
How would Hertzfeld know?
他给哈佛开了张两万五的支票支付学杂费
He wrote Harvard a check for 25,000 to cover the semester.
你♥他♥妈♥开什么玩笑 是他付的钱吗
Are you fucking… He paid her tuition?
你把他叫来不就是想说这个吗
Isn’t that why you just asked to see him?
不 我叫他是为了别的同样重要…
No, I asked to see him about something equally…
是你告诉她你不愿意给她付学费的吗
Did you tell her you weren’t going to pay for college?
-是的 因为 -你怎么能说这种话
– Yes, because… – How could you do that?
因为她妈妈 同时也是她房♥东
Because her mother, who is also her landlord…
居然是赫茨菲尔德 我当时在咆哮
Hertzfeld? I was ranting.
你懂的 当时话说重了 你觉得我会
I was just, you know… I was talking. You think I would…
乔安娜 我当时气坏了因为丽萨一直激我
I was pissed off because Lisa was trying to piss me off, Joanna.
她是故意的 我不知道会变成这样
That was her intent. I don’t know…
你肯定把她吓坏了
You obviously scared the hell out of her.
赫茨菲尔德给哈佛开了支票 付了钱
Hertzfeld wrote a check to Harvard, pay for…
-她来了吗 -她应该到了
– Is she here yet? – I’m sure she is.
你能让人把她叫来吗
Can you have someone bring her back?
可以
Yes.
谢谢你
Thank you.
你知道吗
You know,
我祖母常跟我说…
my grandmother always used to say to me…
我懒得听你灌鸡汤
I don’t give a shit, Yentl.
-我找人把丽萨带来 -谢谢
– I’ll have someone get Lisa. – Thank you.
如果你见到赫茨菲尔德
And if you see Hertzfeld…
我是安迪
It’s Andy.
说曹操 曹操的总工程师就到了
Speak of the devil’s chief engineer.
去吧
Go.
进来吧
Come on in.
你今天很漂亮
You look great today.
-谢谢 -不是吗
– Thank you. – Doesn’t she?
美若天仙 一直都很美 赶紧出去
She looks fantastic. Always does. Get out.
-我知道你为何把我叫来 -是吗
– Well, I think I know why I’m here. – Do you?
史蒂夫
Steve…
-你把支票寄出去了吗 -寄了
– Did you send the check yet? – Yes.
所以哈佛已经收到
So Harvard got a tuition
由安迪·赫茨菲尔德给丽萨开的学费支票
check from Andy Hertzfeld to pay for Lisa?
我觉得他们应该不会看得这么仔细
I don’t think they look that carefully.
也不会留意到付款人不是你
I don’t think they’d notice the check didn’t come from you.
真险 要不丢人丢大发了
Close one. This was almost embarrassing for me.
我理解你
I understand how…
我今天就把钱汇给你
I’ll wire you the money today.
我理解你的心情 我很抱歉 真的
I-I understand how you feel. And I do apologize. I do.
但请你听完我的想法
But let me tell you my thinking.
我简直找不到合适的语言
I can’t even think of an appropriate analogy
来描述你所做的一切
to describe what you did.
我知道你们会和好的 总会和好的
I knew you guys would fix things. You always do.
但同时如果钱没及时到账
But in the meantime, if the money wasn’t there,
她就会错过整整一学期的课
she’d miss a semester of school.
-没错 -而她还得告诉朋友缺课原因
– Yeah. – And she’d have to tell her friends why.
她需要很多东西 她需要买♥♥袜子
And she needed things. She needed socks.
什么
What?
剑桥市很冷 她需要保暖的袜子
It’s cold in Cambridge. She needed warm socks.
-你给她袜子 -我给她买♥♥袜子的钱
– You gave her socks? – Well, I gave her money for socks.
就算她在过渡期你也没资格自命监护人
You don’t get to deputize yourself as her interim.
你也没资格推♥翻♥我的决定 懂吗
You don’t get to override my decisions. Do you understand?
你更没资格扮演她的父亲
You don’t get to act like you’re her father.
总得有人去吧
Somebody had to.
你♥他♥妈♥这话是什么意思
What the fuck did you just say to me?
我从她六岁时就认识她了
I’ve known her since she was six.
我同时也认为
I also consider…
克里斯安是我朋友 不管你和我
Chrisann’s my friend, outside of what you and I…
撇开我们俩的关系不谈
outside of our relationship.
所以你像个家庭咨♥询♥师
So you’re like a family adviser.
我是家庭朋友
I’m a family friend.
那你可能也知道丽萨一直在看心理医生
Then you probably know that Lisa’s been seeing a therapist.
-是啊 -看了很多年
– Yeah. – For many years.
-我知道 -还不让我知情
– Yeah. – Without my knowledge.
这真的不关我的事
That really wasn’t my business.
你对于关不关你的事的理解真是有趣
I’m fascinated by what you think is and isn’t your business.
丽萨一直在做心理咨♥询♥ 她也很喜欢
Lisa’s been going to a therapist and she likes it
她更希望你和克里斯安能陪她一起
and would love for you and Chrisann to go with her.
你之所以知道这么多
And the reason you know that is
是因为正是你给她推荐的心理医生
because you’re the one that recommended the therapist.
我正好认识这么一个人很擅长
Well, I know a guy. He specialize in…
不 我意思是 是你
No, I mean you’re the one
推荐她去看心理医生
who recommended that she see a therapist.
你知道吗 不久以前
You know what? It was a while ago,
我虽然记不太清楚了
and I don’t remember how the whole…
是你告诉克里斯安 丽萨应该看心理医生
You told Chrisann that Lisa should see a therapist.
史蒂夫你是在让我背锅 看医生很正常
Steve, you’re stigmatizing. It’s a perfectly norm…
这又不是什么
It’s not…
我的意思是 看医生能有什么坏处呢
My thing was, how can it hurt?
那就等着瞧
Let’s find out.
克里斯安是我的朋友
Chrisann is my friend.
-你当初用的是什么理由 -什么意思
– What was the reason you gave? – You mean…
你当初向克里斯安建议
What was the reason you gave Chrisann
让丽萨去看心理医生的理由是什么
why Lisa should see a therapist?
我不记得了 当时我们在闲聊 而我
I don’t remember. We were talking and I said…
说的话和刚才告诉你的差不多
It’s pretty much what I just said,
就是看心理医生没什么坏处
that it certainly couldn’t hurt.
你没说丽萨需要一个强有力的男性模范吗
You didn’t say that Lisa needed a strong male role model?
我说了
I did.
我觉得她成长到现在
I think it’s a miracle she’s not
没和恐♥怖♥分♥子♥一起抢银行就已经是奇迹了
robbing banks with the Symbionese Liberation Army.
这世界根本没给她善良的理由
There’s no reason in the world why she should be nice.
但她真的很善良
But she is.
所以我帮了忙 因为总得有人这么做
So I helped, because somebody had to.
我今天下午就把钱汇给你
I’ll wire the money to you this afternoon.
你很久以前也这么威胁过我
You threatened me a long time ago.
你说什么
Sorry?
很久以前 你也威胁过我一次
A long time ago… You threatened me once.
人总是会被有才的人所吸引
People are attracted to people with talent.
而庸者则会觉得这是威胁
People without it find that threatening.
也许你才应该看心理医生

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!