Why?
他们认为这家公♥司♥不再需要你了
They believe you’re no longer necessary to this company.
我收到恐吓信 死亡威胁
I get hate mail, death threats.
有人威胁要杀我
I get death threats.
我的孩子被人嘲弄
My kids are getting taunted.
为什么人们认为是我开除了你
Why do people think I fired you?
乔安娜马上要宣布我的名字了
Joanna’s gonna call my name in a second.
-史蒂夫 -我们可没排练过
– Steve? – That was unrehearsed.
好 我马上过去
Yeah, I’ll be there in just a second.
我给了你申诉的机会
I gave you your day in court.
-你给我 -我给了董事会明确的选择
– You gave me? – I gave the board a clear choice.
我说”你们想投资给Apple Ⅱ
I said, “Do you want to invest in the Apple II
还是Mac” 他们选了Apple Ⅱ
or the Mac?” They chose the Apple II.
他们就是想放弃超级碗广♥告♥时段的那群人
The same people who wanted to dump the Super Bowl spot.
然后我就上了去中国的飞机
And then I got on a plane to China.
斯卡利先生 一号♥线有您电♥话♥
Mr. Sculley. There’s a call for you on Line One.
或者说我差点上了飞机
Or I almost got on a plane,
因为我在候机室接了通电♥话♥
because I got a call in the lounge.
-谁的电♥话♥ -不重要
– Who made that call? – Doesn’t matter.
对我来说很重要 谁的电♥话♥
It matters to me. Who made the call?
约翰·斯卡利
John Sculley.
约翰 如果你上了飞机
John? If you get on that plane,
落地时你就被解雇了
you’ll have lost your job by the time it lands.
史蒂夫要求召开董事会 他想要你离开
Steve’s been calling the board. He wants you out.
我的行李都留在飞机上了
I left my bags on the plane.
我那堆东西现在还在北♥京♥的某个角落
My shit’s still somewhere in Beijing.
大晚上的
I took a car back to
我搭了辆车回到库比蒂诺
Cupertino in the middle of the fucking night.
我知道现在几点
I know what time it is.
一小时内我需要法定人数到场
I need a quorum here in one hour
我还要史蒂夫出席
and I want Steve here too.
你让我离开Mac团队 是错误的决定
You took me off the Mac, and it was bad business.
-召集法定人数就是谋杀 -就是这个
– The quorum call was a homicide. – Right there! Right there.
就是这个部分胡说八道 朋友
That’s the part that’s bullshit, my friend.
这是自杀
It was a suicide.
因为你知道自己的牌 而我亮了牌
Because you knew your cards and I showed you mine.
我亮了牌 你还是这么做了
I showed you mine, and you did it anyway.
你觉得我要做什么
What did you think I was gonna do?
我出局没关系 但我不会束手就擒
I’m okay losing, but I’m not gonna forfeit.
但我不想输
I’m not okay losing.
我们损失了市场份额 Mac在亏损
We’re losing market share, and the Mac is losing money.
我们唯一的希望是Apple Ⅱ
Our only hope is the Apple II,
它现在停滞不前
which is stagnating
因为用的是快要过时了的DOS操作系统
because of its soon-to-be-obsolete DOS.
用户已经在改装自己的电脑
Users are already rigging their machines
以运行CP/M操作系统
to run with a CP/M operating system
这系统就是基于英特尔处理器的
that’s been built to run on Intel.
我尽可能简洁地总结一下
I can’t put it more simply than this.
我们要集中资源升级Apple Ⅱ
We need to put our resources into updating the Apple II.
但这会从Mac那里抢走资源
By taking resources from the Mac.
Mac要失败了 这是事实
It’s failing. That’s a fact.
-它定价过高了 -没有任何证据表明
– It’s overpriced. – There’s no evidence that it’s…
我就是证据
I’m the evidence!
我是世界顶尖的Mac专家 约翰
I’m the world’s leading expert on the Mac,John.
你又有什么资格
What’s your resume?
你总是下达相互矛盾的指令
You’re issuing contradictory instructions,
你还拒不服从 你让人痛苦不堪
you’re insubordinate, you make people miserable.
我们的顶尖工程师
Our top engineers
都逃去了太阳 戴尔和惠普
are fleeing to Sun, Dell, HP.
华尔街不知道谁是老大
Wall Street doesn’t know who’s driving the bus.
我们的损失数以亿计
We’ve lost hundreds of millions in value.
以及我是苹果的CEO 史蒂夫
And I’m the CEO of Apple, Steve.
这就是我的资格
That’s my resume.
但之前你就是个卖♥♥汽水的 对吗
But before that, you sold carbonated sugar water, right?
我跟沃兹尼亚克在个破车♥库♥里开创了未来
I sat in a fucking garage with Wozniak and invented the future.
因为艺术家才能引领
Because artists lead
而二流权棍只会要求投票
and hacks ask for a show of hands.
那好
All right.
这个家伙疯了
Well, this guy’s out of control.
我一点都不介意今晚就递交辞呈
I’m perfectly willing to hand in my resignation tonight,
但如果你们要我留下 史蒂夫就得走
but if you want me to stay, you can’t have Steve.
把他弄走
Settle him out.
他可以留点股票 好收到公♥司♥的简报
He can keep a share of stock so he gets our newsletter.
他必须跟苹果公♥司♥一刀两断
He’ll have to sever his connection to Apple.
我是认真的 我请秘♥书♥长♥发起投票
I’m dead serious. I want the secretary to call for a vote.
你♥他♥妈♥敢
I fucking dare you.
你这些年来把这些个媒体
You have done an outstanding job
调♥教♥得很听话
over the years of cultivating the press.
我指的就是操纵媒体
And by that, I mean manipulating them.
因为直到今天 也没有一个编辑
Because none of them, none of their editors,
也没有一个出版社
none of their editors’ publishers
知道正是你自己作的
to this day know that you forced it,
是你逼着董事会解雇了你
that you forced the board.
我甚至提前警告过你他们会解雇你
Even after I told you exactly what they’d do,
而他们也正是这样做的
which is exactly what they did.
全票同意解雇你
Unanimously.
当时的一切我都记得很清楚 约翰
I don’t have any trouble remembering that, John,
因为那是我这辈子最糟糕的一个晚上
because of it being the worst night of my life.
我强行发起投票是因为我坚信自己没有错
And I forced the vote because I believed I was right.
我仍然相信自己是对的 我就是对的
I still believe I’m right. And I’m right.
那晚我的心里在流血
Now I bled that night.
现在血不流了
And I don’t bleed.
但是时间已经治愈了一切
But time’s done its thing,
我已经好久没仔细考虑过那些事了
and I really haven’t thought about it in a while.
我非常理解你为什么不开心
Now, I absolutely understand why you’re upset.
我也想让公众知道事情的真♥相♥
And I want people to know the truth too.
该上场了
It’s time.
好的
Got it.
你会把我毁了 对吗
You’re gonna end me, aren’t you?
别傻了
You’re being ridiculous.
我就静静地看着你自己把自己毁掉
I’m gonna sit center court and watch you do it yourself.
然后我会点一桌好菜
Then I’m gonna order a nice
加一瓶55年的玛歌♥酒 再签几个名
meal with a ’55 Margaux and sign some autographs.
上帝啊
Jesus Christ.
你需要点建议吗 汽水大♥师♥
You want some advice, Pepsi Generation?
别把沃兹推到媒体面前说我的坏话
Don’t send Woz out to slap me around in the press.
其他人都可以
Anybody else…
你 马库拉或者亚瑟·洛克
you, Markkula, Arthur Rock.
就是我那天才哥们不行
Anyone but Rain Man.
别那样操纵他
Don’t manipulate him like that.
不管你怎么想 我会永远保护他的
Whatever you may think, I’m always gonna protect him.
来吧 史蒂夫
Come on, Steve.
这才是男人做的事
That’s what men do.
我们不能再迟了
We can’t start late.
我不觉得我在翻旧账
I don’t think there was any way to detect a chip on my shoulder.
你知道吗 以前在苹果的时候
Did you know, back at Bandley,
Mac团队每年都会
the Mac team gave an award
给敢于反抗你的人颁奖
every year to the person who could stand up to you?
我不知道
No.
-我连赢了三年 -不错啊
– I won. Three years in a row. – Cool.
这个人
This.
这个《Macworld》的盖伊·川崎
This… This Guy Kawasaki in Macworld.
他碰巧猜对了 对不对
He accidentally got it right, didn’t he?
你一直在拖延NeXT系统的进度
You’ve been dragging your feet on the NeXT OS
是为了搞清楚苹果公♥司♥的需求
till you can figure out what Apple’s gonna need.
就算他猜对了 对我来说也没那么邪恶
Even if that were true, it doesn’t sound that diabolical to me.
我们准备好了
Hey. We’re ready for you.
我是你的朋友 你的知己
I’m your closest confidante, your… your best friend.
用你的话叫什么来着
Your thing… What do you call it?
工作上的爱人 一直都是
Your work wife. The whole time.
过去三年都是

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!