通过电影《2001太空漫游》
And with that movie 2001,
你为我们展现了21世纪的样貌
you’re projecting us into the 21st century.
我把儿子乔纳森带来了
I brought along my son Jonathan…
到2001年他就跟我现在的岁数一样大
Who in the year 2001 will be the same age as I am now.
也许他更能适应
Maybe he will be better adjusted
你所描绘的那个世界
to this kind of world that you’re trying to portray.
最大的区别在于 等他长大的时候
The big difference, when he grows up…
假如我们愿意等到2001年…
In fact, if we wanted to wait till the year 2001…
他就能在自己的家里
He will have in his own house
拥有一个控制台
not a computer as big as this,
而不是这么巨大的电脑
but at least a console
亚瑟·C·克拉克
英国科幻作家
他可以通过控制台来访问本地电脑
through which he can talk to his friendly local computer
从而得到日常所需的一切信息
and get all the information he needs for his everyday life,
比如银行账单 剧院预订记录
like his bank statements, his theater reservations,
一切生活在
all the information you need
复杂的现代社会中 所需要的信息
in the course of living in a complex modern society.
一切尽在家中的小小装置里
This will be in a compact form in his own house.
由像这样的电视屏幕和键盘组成
He’ll have a television screen, like these here, and a keyboard.
他可以访问电脑获取信息
And he’ll talk to the computer and get information from it.
看待它就像我们看待电♥话♥那样认为理所当然
And he’ll take it as much for granted as we take the telephone.
我很好奇
I wonder, though, what sort
那时的社交生活会变成什么样
of a life would it be like in social terms?
如果我们的全部生活都围绕电脑展开
I mean, if our whole life is built around the computer,
那会是一个电脑依赖型社会吗
do we become a computer-dependent society?
某些方面是 但它们也会丰富我们的生活
In some ways, but they will also enrich our society
因为它让我们
because it will make it
去任何自己喜欢的地方居住成为可能
possible for us to live, really, anywhere we like.
商人和主管可以住在地球上几乎任何地方
Any businessman and executive could live almost anywhere on Earth
而仍能通过这样的设备来管理企业
and still do his business through a device like this.
这多棒啊
And this is a wonderful thing.
意味着我们将不必被城市所束缚
It means we won’t have to be stuck in cities.
我们可以住在偏远乡村或者任何宜人之处
We’ll be able to live out in the country or wherever we please.
屏幕提示这是个未执行问题
Screen says it’s an unimplemented trap.
但是错误代码不对 是系统错误
But the error code is wrong. It’s a system error.
库比蒂诺
加利福尼亚州
-所以呢 -它不会跟大家问好
– So what’s the upshot? – It’s not gonna say hello.
它肯定会跟大家问好
It absolutely is gonna say hello.
麦金塔发布会
不能怪谁 这是系统错误
It’s nobody’s fault. It’s a system error.
是你开♥发♥的语♥音♥演示
You built the voice demo.
语♥音♥演示不稳定 我一直跟你说…
The voice demo is flaky. I’ve been telling you
你声音小点
Keep your voices down.
演示样本做得太大了
that for… This thing is overbuilt.
昨晚还能用 前晚也是
It worked last night. It worked the night before that.
三个小时前还能用
It worked three hours ago.
现在不能用了
It’s not working now,
-跳过语♥音♥演示吧 -去你♥妈♥的♥
– so just skip over the voice demo. – Fuck you.
其他的都没问题
Everything else is working.
跳过语♥音♥演示吧
Skip over the voice demo.
我们需要它来问好
We need it to say hello.
你根本没听我说什么
You’re not hearing me.
-不会有问好的 -修复就行了
– It’s not going to say hello. – Just fix it.
-修复 -没错
– Fix it? – Yeah.
-在40分钟内 -修复它
– In 40 minutes? – Fix it.
-我办不到 -那谁能办到
– I can’t. – Who’s the person who can?
我就是能办到的人 但我也不行
I’m the person who can, and I can’t.
-到底有多糟糕 -非常糟糕
– How bad are you saying? – It’s pretty bad.
我不懂你的意思
I don’t know what that means.
意思是演示样本很有可能会崩溃
It means the demo is more than likely gonna crash.
你们得小点声
You have to keep your voices down.
乔尔·普福尔茨海姆就坐在厅里看着
Joel Pforzheimer is sitting out in the house.
我才不管… 乔尔·普福尔茨海姆是谁
I don’t care if… Who’s Joel Pforzheimer?
《绅士季刊》记者
《GQ》.
他已经跟了你一周了 你没发现吗
He’s been shadowing you for a week. Did you notice?
装作一切正常
Just look like everything’s fine.
他就在厅里看着呢
He’s sitting out in the house.
你们怎么看
What are you guys saying?
某种竞态条件
Some kind of race condition,
但我们还没能追溯到
but we haven’t been able to track it down yet.
合成器取样够快吗
Is the synthesizer sampling fast enough?
抱歉 发生错误
不够 速度下来了 而且一直崩溃
No, so the rates are off and it keeps crashing.
不过就是两小时发布会中的二十秒
It’s 20 seconds out of a two-hour launch.
为什么不能去掉呢
Why not just cut it?
-不能去掉 -能 你就去掉吧
– We can’t cut it. – Yeah, you just cut it.
两天前 我们在超级碗上
Two days ago, we ran a Super Bowl
放了条本来能拿奥斯卡最佳短片的广♥告♥
ad that could’ve won the Oscar for Best Short Film.
记住那条广♥告♥的人
There are more people who can tell
比记得比赛冠军的人还多
you about the ad than can tell you who won the game.
我明白 但是广♥告♥只说
I understand, but the ad said
麦金塔电脑将拯救世界
the Mac was gonna save the world.
没说它会问好啊
It didn’t say it was gonna say hello.
五分钟后开门入场
We open the house in five.
别开门
Don’t open the house.
短暂休息一下
We’re taking a quick break.
-部分问题在于… -什么
– Part of the problem is… – What?
我们可以重新编译
We can recompile, but if it’s
但如果是硬件问题
a hardware problem,
我们没法打开机器后面
we can’t get into the back.
为什么不能
Why not?
-你来说还是我来说 -别惹我
– Do you wanna tell her or should I? – Don’t start with me, man.
为什么他没法打开机器后面
Why can’t he get into the machine?
需要特殊工具
You need special tools.
什么特殊工具 拿个螺丝刀不就好了
What kind of special tools? Just take a screwdriver.
他不希望用户能打开机器
He didn’t want users to be able to open it.
必须要用特殊工具
You need special tools.
这是真的吗
Is this for real?
这里有上百个工程师
There are a hundred engineers
走来走去 难道他们就没人有吗
walking around here. None of them have the tools?
说实话 没有多少人给发了这种工具
In fairness, not many of them were issued the tools.
你呢
What about you?
我的落在办公室了 那可是凌晨3点…
I left them at the office. It was 3:00 AM when I…
我的天
Oh, Jesus Christ.
-去掉”你好”吧 -不行
– Cut “Hello.” – No.
发布会的第一准则是什么
What’s the first rule of a launch?
不会崩溃的
It’s not gonna crash.
已经崩溃了
It just did.
安迪
Andy!
哪一个
Which one?
另一个安迪 你就站这儿我喊什么
The other Andy. You’re right there. Why would I be calling out?
-他有事找你 -好的
– He needs to talk to you. – Yeah.
抱歉 发生错误
把出口的标志灯关掉
The exit signs need to be
不然达不到全黑的效果
off or we’re not gonna get a full blackout.
我们已经跟
We’ve spoken to the
出口
-物业和消防局谈过了 -然后呢
– building manager and the fire marshal. – And?
他们绝不同意我们把出口标志灯关掉
There’s no way they’re gonna let us turn the exit signs off.
多少罚款我都付
I’ll pay whatever the fine is.
罚款就是他们会闯进来赶走所有人
The fine is they’re gonna come in and tell everyone to leave.
你跟消防局说了
You explained to the fire marshal
我们是在这儿改变世界的吗
that we’re in here changing the world?
我说了 但是除非我们能
I did, but unless we can also
改变火的属性 不然他根本不在乎
change the properties of fire, he doesn’t care.
-史蒂夫 -如果一场火能让大家
– Steve… – If a fire causes a stampede
逃到没标志的出口
to the unmarked exits,
对那些幸存者来说也很值了
it’ll have been well worth it for those who survive.
对那些没能幸存的
For those who don’t,
没那么值 但还是很好了
less so, but still pretty good.
-我 -我需要黑暗 全黑
– Look, I… – I need it to go black. Real black.
把出口标志灯关掉 不管你用什么方法
Get rid of the exit signs and don’t let me know how you did it.