Time for dinner!
我得走了 晚上见好吗?
l gotta go. See you tonight, okay?
好的 我会在梦中见到你的
All right. I’ll see you in my dreams.
再见,妈妈! 我爱你
Bye, Mom.! love you.
加油 把球抢下来!
Come on, you guys. Get the ball!
她不具备射手天赋,不是吗? 防守,回来!
She doesn’t really have that killer instinct, does she? Defense, fall back!
– 你还好吧? – 我很好,谢谢
– Are you feeling all right? – I’m fine. Great.
你看上去好像有点累的样子
You look a little bit tired.
我一听到人家说这样的话就来火 那是你看上去很差的一种礼貌的说法
l hate when people say that. Polite way of telling you ‘you look like shit’.
我并没有那样的意思
l didn’t mean it like that.
我在想些事情
l have some things on my mind.
你最近真的很忙
You’ve been really busy lately.
不在照顾某人吗?
Are you seeing somebody?
不 我希望那是我累的原因
No. I wish that was the reason I was tired.
我把时间都花在我原来的老板身上…
I’ve been spending time with my old boss…
我在犹豫要不要回到兰登书屋工作
trying to decide if I’m gonna go back to Random House.
真的吗? 那太好了!
Really? That would be great!
本 慢点,慢点–
Ben. Easy, easy–
小心,宝贝
Be careful, sweetie.
你死了,铁血船长
You are a dead man, Captain Blood.
哦!
Ow!
哦,你太酷了
Man, that was really cool.
– 宝贝,你的腿能动吗? – 是的
– Sweetie, can you move your leg? – Yeah.
– 疼吗? – 你没事吧?
– Does it hurt? – Are you okay?
是的,我明天还能去参加塔克的聚会吗?
Yeah, but Can I still go to Tucker’s party tomorrow?
也许吧 但我们先要把伤口弄干净然后包扎好
Probably. But we gotta get it cleaned up and have somebody look at it.
得去急症室
Gotta go to the emergency room.
– 缝了五针 – 他没事吧?
– Five stitches. – ls he okay?
– 他表现的很好 – 他没在哭?
– He’s doing tine. – He’s not crying?
– 我现在可以去见我的儿子吗? – 你先要填写保险单信息
– Can I see my son now? – I need your insurance information.
– 我来填吧 – 谢谢
– I’ll do this. – Thanks.
他在152房♥间
He’s in 152.
– 我没有看到断骨头 – 因为你没有啊
– I don’t see any broken bones. – ‘Cause you don’t have any.
我真为你感到自豪 你今天真勇敢
I’m very proud of you. You were awfully brave today.
它也不是很疼 另外,我的朋友会看到我很酷的样子
It didn’t hurt that bad. Besides, it’ll be cool to show my friends.
你能帮我个忙吗?
Would you do me a favor?
也许吧 那要看是什么了
Maybe. Depends what it is.
你能叫我爸爸在圣诞节时送我一只白鸽子吗?
Will you ask Dad to give me a white dove for Christmas?
– 我们到时候看吧 – 别这样说啊!
– We’ll see. – Come on !
每个魔法师都要一只白鸽子,一只真的,他们真的要
Every magician needs a white dove, a real one. They do.
好吧,那不是想要就要的…
Well, that’s a long way oft…
我认为我们要和你妈妈谈谈再说
and I think we should talk to your mom and see.
– 又疼了? – 是的
– Did it hurt again? – Yeah.
躺下 深呼吸
Lay back. Take a deep breath.
你能给我唱首歌♥吗?
Will you sing me a song?
我疼的时候我妈妈总唱歌♥给我听
My mom always sings to me when I get hurt.
这时候很难想首歌♥
Hard to think of a song on the spot.
如果我需要你
If I needed you
你会来吗
Would you come to me
你会来到我身边吗
Would you come to me
来替我分担痛苦
And ease my pain
如果你需要我
If you needed me
我会到你身边的
I would come to you
我会游过大海
l would swim the sea
来减轻你的痛苦
For to ease your pain
好点了吗? 好点了
Feel better? A little bit.
叫个女孩来
Puts a girl on the spot.
– 喂? – 嗨,我是杰姬
– Hello? – Hi, it’s Jackie.
我刚接到兰登书屋打过来的一个电♥话♥…
l just got a call from Random House…
他们想让我去工作 今天下午就要去见编辑…
and they want me to come in and meet an editor this afternoon…
我来不及赶回来到塔克的生日聚会上去接本
but I won’t get back in time to pick up Ben at Tucker’s birthday party.
好的,没问题 我来接他吧
Yeah, no problem. I can do it.
– 哦,那样的话太好了 – 我也很乐意
– Oh, good, great. – I’d be happy to.
你去接他的话,本也会很高兴的
Ben’ll be happy, too, that you’ll pick him up, yeah.
– 什么时候?
– 4:30
– What time? – It’s 4:30.
– 地址呢? – 威廉姆斯大街22号♥
– What’s the address? – At 22 Williams Road.
– 好的,我会去的 – 太好了
– Okay, I’ll be there. – Great.
一定,再见
Sure. See you later.
– 谢谢 – 再见
– Thanks. – Bye.
怎么这么难找?
How hard can this be?
没事的
It’s gonna be okay.
– 地址服务中心 哪座城市? – 曼哈顿
– Directory Assistance. What city? – Manhattan.
– 要找哪里? – 请告诉我兰登书屋的号♥码
– What listing? – Number for Random House, please.
请稍等
Please hold.
– 喂 – 我找杰姬 哈里森
– Hello. – May I speak with Jackie Harrison?
对不起 哈里森太太不在这里
I’m sorry. Mrs. Harrison’s not here.
不,今天她和编辑还有一个会议呢
No, she has a meeting with the edifor today.
我要从接她的儿子本生日聚会回来 但我把地址弄丢了
I’m picking up Benjamin from a birth day party, and I lost the address.
我和她说几句话就可以了
I just need to speak to her for one quick second.
这位女士,我是这里的负责编辑 我没有看到哈里森太太…
Miss, I’m the senior editor. l haven’t seen Mrs. Harrison…
她十一年前就走了
since she left Random House eleven years ago.
好吧,还是很感谢你
Okay. Thanks anyway.
– 气球 – 你说什么?
– Balloons. – I beg your pardon?
你看那家房♥子上有气球 屡试不爽
Just look for a house with balloons. It never falls.
孩子们肯定在那儿
The kids’ll be there.
非常感谢
Thanks very much.
看你,过来
Look at you. Come here.
你能看到我吗? 嗨
Can you see me? Hi.
玩的开心吗?
You had a good time?
先把那件衬衫洗干净 塔克的聚会怎么样?
Let’s get that shirt cleaned. How was Tucker’s party?
– 不错 – 真的?
– Good. – Yeah?
– 他喜欢你送的礼物吗? – 是的
– Did he like the present? – Yeah.
你找到地址没什么困难吧?
Did you have any trouble finding the place with my directions?
没有
No.
谢谢你
Well, thanks.
我知道你的秘密
l know your secret.
我看到了飞机票 还有你的新老板给你写的东西
l saw the airline tickets and the note from your new boss.
我知道你不在兰登书屋工作了 我和他们谈过了
l know you’re not working at Random House in New York. I talked to them.
你要把孩子们带到洛杉矶
You’re taking the kids and moving to Los Angeles.
你到底干了什么,看了我的信,在我背后偷偷摸摸…
What the hell you doing, reading my mail and snooping around behind my back…
就像小偷一样–
like some little dishonest–
小偷一样? 你要是对卢克诚实的话,我就不用在你背后偷偷摸摸的了
Dishonest? I wouldn’t have to snoop around if you were honest with Luke.
我原以为这是你祈祷的结果
l would have thought this was the answer to your prayers.
你忽然间就可以不看见巫婆和两个小鬼了
You lose the witch and her two little brats in one swoop.
一切都简单了 你又回到你自己的生活了
Simplifies everything. You get your life back.
纽约有很多出版社 你肯定能在这里找到工作
There are plenty of publishing houses in New York. Surely you can get a job here.
那我应该重新安排我的生活,这样我就能适合你的安排了对吧?
So I’m supposed to rearrange my life so that I can accommodate your schedule?
要是你这么关心的话,你怎么不换一个新的工作呢?
lf you are so damned concerned, why don’t you get a new career?
你为什么不和卢克搬到洛杉矶去住?
Why don’t you and Luke move to Los Angeles?
你不和我们商量一下就可以重新安排别人的生活
You can make plans to rearrange everyone else’s Life without consulting us.
什么教养 人们总是这样
Bicoastal parenting. People do it all the time.
卢克每隔一个暑假就可以接孩子一次
Luke gets the kids one month during the summer and every of her holiday.
– 并不是很理想,但事在人为 – 你不能那样做
– Not ideal, but people make it work. – You can’t do that.
– 你不能把孩子和卢克分开! – 我当然可以
– You can’t take Luke’s kids from him! – Yes, I can.
– 没有他们我们怎么过 – 我们?
– We can’t live like that. – We?
卢克要是有问题的话,你要他来和我谈
Luke has a problem with this, you tell him to talk to me.
这和你无关 这不是你的问题
This is not about you. This is not your problem.
这是我的问题
It is my problem.
为什么?
Why is that?
因为我要嫁给这个人了,我们要一起生活
Because I’m going to marry this man, and we’re going to share our life together.
我爱他
L love him.
孩子对他来说就是一切,要是他不能和孩子们在一起的话他就毁了
These kids are everything to him, and he would be devastated not to be near them.
要是–
And if–
你猜错了我的秘密
You guessed the wrong secret.
查理·德拉蒙德是…
Charlie Drummond is…
我在纽约兰登书屋工作时的一个同事 她–
a colleague of mine from Random House in New York and she–
她到西海岸的分部去工作了,我要和她呆在一起了…
She moved to the West Coast office, and I’m gonna be crashing with her…
因为我要接受蛋白质注射…
while I’m getting protein injections…
是我的肿瘤专家建议我的
that are recommended by my oncologist.
只有在洛杉矶那里可以接受治疗
You can only get them in Los Angeles.