你饿吗? 想好好吃一顿吗?
You hungry? You want a good meal?
– 是的 – 你数学怎么样?
– Yes. – How’d you do on your math?
谁?
Who is it?
杰姬 我能进来吗?
It’s Jackie. May I come in?
好的
Sure.
我下午还有一个约会,我–
l have another appointment this afternoon and l–
我需要有人把孩子们送到公园
l need somebody to take the children to the park.
还有联邦调查员从树丛里跳出来给我一张传♥单♥吗?
And have federal agents jump out of the bushes and serve me with a court order?
你在这个国家给未成年人二等照顾多长时间了?
How many years do you get in this state for giving second-rate care to minors?
无论什么,都不够
Whatever it is, it’s not enough.
你看,我和我的老板关系很紧张
Well, look, I’m on thin ice already with my boss, all right?
– 好吧 – 我昨天跑出去…
– Fine. – When I ran out of here yesterday…
我实际上都以为他要炒我鱿鱼了
l actually thought he was gonna tire me.
我可以找别人
l can get somebody else.
等一下,天呐
Wait. God.
我想想 我来做吧
l’Il tigure something out. I’ll do it.
放学后的快餐 要是行的话冷藏起来
After-school snack. Refrigerate, if possible.
绷带,新孢霉素,擦手的,面巾纸,泰诺
Band-Aids, Neosporin, hand wipes, Kleenex, Tylenol.
怎么不把整个药房♥搬过来?
Why not just bring the whole pharmacy?
本喜欢读给他听 你知道瑟斯博士吗?
Ben likes to be read to. You know Dr. Seuss?
不知道
Not personally.
你每天要说到一定量的话吗,要么我来完成?
Do you have a word limit that you have to hit every day, or may I finish?
给你孩子们的日程表,我的拷机号♥码,要是很紧急的话
Here’s the kids’ schedule, my beeper number, in case of emergency.
要没什么事的话我5:00在公园见你
It not, I’ll see you at 5:00 at the park.
我所要求的就是我到那里的时候我的孩子们还都安然无恙
All I’m asking is that my children still be alive when I get there.
我想问你件事
l wanted to ask you something.
5号♥有珍珠果酱乐队的音乐会…
There’s a Pearl Jam concert on the fifth…
我想能带上安娜
and I would like to take Anna.
是平日吗?
ls that a weekday?
是周四吧
l think it’s a Thursday.
你想带一个12岁的小女孩…
So you want to take a 12-year-old girl…
在平时的晚上去听珍珠果酱乐队的音乐会?
to a Pearl Jam concert on a school night?
我只是想这可能是…
l just thought it would be something nice…
我和她一起可以做的不错的事
that she and I could do together.
这很可笑 她太小了
That’s ridiculous. She’s too young.
扩散了?
It’s spread?
但我做了–
But I did–
我做了一切,一切我该做的事
l did everything right, everything I was supposed to do.
我们在你的三个淋巴结里发现了一些细胞
We found some cells in your lymph nodes, in three of them.
但你上次说你都查过了
But you said the last time that you got it all.
要是你上次说错的话,你这次也有很大的可能性说错
It you were wrong the last time, there’s a good chance you’re wrong again.
上次是一年以前
The Last time was a year ago.
我们发现了一个小块 我们给你治疗了 我们以为就这些了
We found a tiny lump. We treated it. We thought we got it all.
我们还有希望,但没有保证
We were hopeful, but there were no guarantees.
但人– 你– 我们可以战胜它 我的意思是–
But people– You– We can beat it. I mean–
人们总能战胜它,不是吗?
People beat it all the time, right?
– 每天,越来越多 – 那有什么计划呢?
– Every day, more and more. – So what’s the plan?
我们该怎么办? 再用放射线?
What do we do? Another round of radiation?
化疗
Chemotherapy.
有必要吗?
That’s necessary?
我们尽我们所能
Let’s give it our best shot.
好吧
Right. Okay.
对不起 我要去接孩子
Excuse me. l gotta get the kids.
下一次我们再约时间谈吧
We’ll discuss this at your next appointment.
你应该把这个告诉你的孩子还有前夫
You should share this with your kids and your ex-husband.
我丈夫着急或是我的孩子着急又有什么用呢
How would his worry or my kids’ worry make any difference.
早总比迟好
Sooner than later.
你应该告诉他们
You need to.
我想想
Think about it.
你好,我看见她了
Hi. I see her.
– 你好吗? – 谢谢你能来
– How are ya? – Thanks for coming.
没关系 你看上去很漂亮
You’re welcome. You look pretty.
谢谢
Thanks.
– 听着– – 我很高兴你能给我打电♥话♥…
– Listen– – I’m glad you called…
我也有些事情要和你说
’cause there’s something l wanna tell you too.
哦,好吧 你先说
Oh, okay. You go first.
先让我喝一口
Let me have a drink here.
我想像伊莎贝尔求婚了
I’m going to ask Isabel to marry me.
我知道你对她不是很了解–
l know you don’t think much of her–
她是个很特别的人
She’s a special person.
她真的是
She really is.
– 现在的话– – 你为什么现在告诉我这些?
– And now– – Why are you telling me this?
我想你告诉我没关系
l want you to tell me that it’s okay.
– 你不需要我的同意 – 但孩子们要
– You don’t need my approval. – The kids do.
晚上好 你和你妻子能看看菜单吗?
Good evening. Would you and your wite care to look at the menu?
我不是她妻子
I’m not his wite.
不,谢了
No, thank you.
能给我点酒吗? 随便什么都可以
Give me a drink, though, please? This– Whatever this is.
我想这对孩子们来说有点难
l think it’s gonna be hard for the kids.
我希望我们可以一起告诉他们
And I was hoping we could tell them together.
那样的话对孩子们来说会容易接受些? 还是对你来说?
And that’d make it easier for the kids? Or for you?
因为一有方便的时候你就说”我们”
Because you can’t just decide to be a “we” whenever it’s convenient.
– 我们– – 不,我们结束了,结束了
– We– – No, we’re over. We are over.
就算是一百年后我们还是他们的父母
We are still their parents for the next hundred years.
是的
Yeah.
为什么–
Why–
能告诉我为什么你认为你们的婚姻…
Just tell me why you think this marriage…
可以很顺利而我们的不可以呢?
is gonna work and ours didn’t?
你想和我说什么的?
What did you want to talk to me about?
没什么! 就是–
Nothing! It’s–
我想你的事情我们都可以谈很多了
l think we have quite enough to deal with just with your news.
– 早上好 – 好啊,宝贝
– Good morning. – Good morning, baby.
我有事要对你说
l got something for ya.
– 有么? – 是的
– You do? – Yeah.
但你要先醒了才能知道
But you have to wake up to get it.
我醒了
I’m awake.
你不会是?
You shouldn’t have?
我第一次结婚的时候…
The first time I got married…
我们在大学时就在一起
we’d been together since college.
但婚姻…
And marriage…
就像是下一步
just seemed like the next step.
然后一些事情就发生了
It was just something that happened.
但是我认为对于真正相爱的两个人…
But ! think for two people to really love each of her…
要真正的托付给对方…
to really commit to each of her…
那就要–
it has to be–
那就要有决心
It has to be an act of will.
或是一个决定
Or a decision.
我想两个人每天都要不辜负那决定…
And I think two people have to live that decision every day…
即使是在他们很艰难甚至是要放弃的时候
even when things are hard and they feel like giving up.
你得…
You have to…
紧紧握住那决定…
hang on to that decision…
那彼此相爱的选择…
that choice to love each ofher…
即使它就像一根线一样连着
even if it’s only by a thread.
我…
l…
很不幸让线断了一次
let that thread break once.
这一次我决不会
This time it won’t.
嫁给我好吗?
Will you marry me?
好,我愿意
Yes. Yes, I will.
宝贝,不要不高兴
Sweetheart, don’t get upset.
我没有不高兴 我为什么要不高兴?
I’m not upset. Why would I be upset?
我是说,你们离婚的时候没人问我
l mean, no one asked me when you got a divorce.
没有人问我是否想要一个新妈妈
No one asked me if I wanted a new mother.
也没有人问我是不是喜欢她!
No one even asked me if I liked her!
要是你们都不在意这个家,我为什么要在意呢?
If you guys don’t care about keeping our family together, why should l?
你♥爸♥爸和我都努力过了,我们真的努力过
Daddy and I tried very hard, really we did.
没有,你们没有 你们所做的就是互相骂来骂去 我听见了
No, you didn’t1 All you did was name-call. I heard you.
你们甚至连好好说话都没有努力做到
You didn’t even try to use your words.
那好,宝贝
Okay, buddy.
宝贝,伊莎贝尔不会代替我的位置做你们妈妈的
Baby, Isabel’s not gonna take my place as your mom.
只是她会出现在你们的生活中…
It’s just that Isabel’s going to be in your lite…