Perhaps an emotional response requires physical stimulate.
你的父亲是个叛徒
He’s a traitor you know? Your father.
他娶了那个人类娼妓
For marrying her. That Human whore.
他们说您是叛徒
They called you a traitor.
我们的种族情感深沉
Emotions run deep within our race.
许多方面来说 远比人类更为深邃
In many ways more deeply than in humans.
逻辑能提供给镇定者难得的体验
Logic offers a serenity humans seldom experience.
控制住情感 你才不会受它们控制
The control of feelings… So that they do not control you.
您建议我应该彻底成为瓦肯人
You suggest that I should be completely Vulcan?
但你却娶了一个人类女性
And yet you married a Human.
作为地球大使 我的职责就是观察
As ambassador to Earth it is my duty to observe
并理解人类的行为
And understand Human behavior.
娶了你的母亲…很符合逻辑
Marrying your mother was… logical.
斯波克
Spock.
你完全能够决定自己的命运
You are fully capable of deciding your own destiny.
问题是 你会选择哪条路
The question you face is:Which path will you choose?
有些事只有你自己才能决定
This is something only you can decide.
斯波克 过来 让妈看看你
Spock. Come here, let me see you.
-不 -斯波克
– No. – Spock.
不用担心 你会好的
There’s no need to be anxious. You’ll do fine.
我不担心 妈妈
I am hardly anxious, mother.
“好”的定义太多了 “好”无法令人接受
And fine has variable definitions, fine is unacceptable.
好吧
Okay.
-我能问个私人问题吗 -当然可以
– May I ask a personal query? – Anything.
我应该完成瓦肯的柯里纳训练
Should I choose to complete the Vulcan discipline of Kolinahr.
去除所有情感吗
And purge all emotion?
我相信您不会以为 这是针对你的
I trust you will not feel it reflects judgment upon you.
斯波克
Oh Spock.
一如以往 无论你选择什么 妈妈以你为荣
As always, whatever you choose to be, you will have a proud mother.
你的成绩远胜导师的预期
You have surpassed the expectations of your instructors.
你的记录完美无瑕 除了一点
Your final record is flawless. With one exception.
我注意到你也申请了联邦星舰
I see that you have applied to Starfleet as well.
为自己准备多项选择 完全符合逻辑
It was logical to cultivate more options.
合乎逻辑 但不必要
Logical, but unnecessary.
兹宣布 你已被瓦肯科学研究院接受
You are hereby accepted to the Vulcan Science Academy.
斯波克 你很优秀 虽有劣势
It is truly remarkable Spock that you have achieved so much…
却能获得如此多的成就
despite your disadvantage.
起立
All rise.
议长先生 你能说明你指的什么短处吗
If you would clarify, minister? To what disadvantage are you referring?
你的人类母亲
Your Human mother.
议会 议长们 我必须谢绝
Council, ministers, I must decline.
从来没有瓦肯人曾经拒绝进入这所学院
No Vulcan has ever declined admission to this Academy.
既然我是半人类 您的记录将依旧无瑕
But as I am half-human, your record remains untarnished.
斯波克 你承诺过会遵循瓦肯方式的
Spock, you have made a commitment to honor the Vulcan way.
你今日为何还要走到议会面前
Why did you come before this council today?
为了让你的叛逆情绪得到满足吗
Was it to satisfy your emotional need to rebel?
我唯一想表达的情感就是感谢
The only emotion I wish to convey is gratitude.
谢谢议会和议长们对我的关心
Thank you, ministers, for your consideration.
生生不息 繁荣昌盛
Live long and prosper.
-你好 -好
– Hi. – Hey there.
你好 我要一杯星鳗火茶 三杯经典百威
Hi. I’d like a Clabmin fire tea… 3 Budweiser Classics,
两杯卡达西恩日落和…
2 Cardassian sunrises and…
-试试莎休酒 不错的 -一杯莎休调酒 谢谢
– Try the Slusho, it’s good. – A Slusho mix, thank you.
作为女人 喝得可真够多的
That’s a lot of drinks for a woman.
-还有一杯不加冰的杰克 -双份 算在我账上
– And a shot of Jack, straight up. – Make that two. Her shot’s on me.
我自己付钱 谢谢 不用你付
Her shot’s on her. Thanks, but no thanks.
你彻底拒绝我之前就不想知道我的名字吗
Don’t you at least wanna know my name before you completely reject me?
我不问也无所谓
I’m fine without it.
你不问也无所谓 我叫詹姆斯·柯克
You are fine without it. It’s Jim, Jim Kirk.
你要是不告诉我名字 我只好自己编一个
If you don’t tell me your name, I’m gonna have to make one up.
-我叫乌胡拉 -乌胡拉 不会吧
– It’s Uhura. – Uhura? No way.
我正想替你起这个名
That’s the name I was gonna make up for you.
-乌胡拉 姓呢 -没有姓
– Uhura what? – Just Uhura.
你们的世界是没有姓的吗
They don’t have last names in your world?
乌胡拉就是我的姓
Uhura is my last name.
那你们的世界是没有名的吗
Well they don’t have last names in your world?
借过 老兄
Excuse me buddy.
你是学员 学什么的
So, you’re a cadet, your studying. What’s your focus?
外星语言学 你根本不知道这词的意思吧
Xenolinguistics. You have no idea what that means.
外星人语言的研究 形态学 音韵学 句法
The study of alien languages. Morphology, phonology, syntax.
看来你很有语言天赋
Means you’ve got a talented tongue.
我很惊讶
I’m impressed.
刚才 我还以为你只是个呆头呆脑的乡巴佬
For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb-hair colonial
只会找牲口发泄
Who has sex with farm animals.
可不只是牲口
Well, not only.
这个土老帽没骚扰你吧
This townie isn’t bothering you, right?
骚扰得厉害 不过我应付得来
Oh, beyond belief. But it’s nothing I can’t handle.
你能应付 这算是邀请吗
You could’ve handled me. That’s an invitation.
-喂 你最好识相点 -别紧张 亲爱的 玩笑而已
– Hey. You better mind your manners. – Oh relax cupcake, it was a joke.
乡巴佬 你会数数吗
Hey farm boy, maybe you can’t count.
我们有四个人对付你一个
There are 4 of us and 1 of you.
再多找点人吧 那样才公平
So get some more guys and then it’ll be an even fight.
伙计们 住手
Guys. Stop it.
住手
Stop it!
够了
Enough!
伙计们 够了
Guys, he’s had enough.
全部出去
Outside. All of you.
-现在 -是的 长官
– Now. – Yes, sir.
-什么… -我只是喝杯酒
– What… – I just bought a drink.
你还好吗 孩子
You all right, son?
你口哨吹得真好
You can whistle really loud, you know that?
酒保告诉我你是谁的时候我简直不敢相信
You know I couldn’t believe it when the bartender told me who you are.
-我是谁 派克船长 -你父亲的儿子
– Who the hell am I, captain Pike? – Your father’s son.
能再给我一杯吗
Can I get another one?
我写过关于联邦星舰开尔文号♥的学术论文
For my dissertation I was assigned USS Kelvin.
我欣赏你父亲 他不相信有不可能赢的时候
Something I admired about your dad, he didn’t believe in no-win scenarios.
他肯定是经验丰富
Sure learned his lesson.
那取决于你如何定义”胜利”
Well that depends on how you define winning.
-你在听我说吧 -谢谢
– You’re here, aren’t you? – Thanks.
不加思考直接行动 也是他的天性之一
You know that instinct to leap without looking, that was his nature too…
我认为这正是联邦舰队所失去的
And in my opinion something Starfleet’s lost.
你为什么和我说这些
Why are you talking to me man?
因为我在你泡妞的时候看了你的档案
Because I looked up your file while you were drooling on the floor.
你的能力倾向测验出类拔萃 那问题是什么
Your aptitude tests are off the charts, so what is it?
你想喜欢成为中西部唯一一名天才惯犯吗
You like being the only genius level repeat-offender in the mid-west?
或许我爱得很呢
Maybe I love it.
那么是父亲的死让你满足于平淡的生活
So your dad dies, you can saddle for less than an ordinary life.
还是 你认为自己应得更好的 更为特别的
Or do you feel that you were meant for something better? Something special?
-加入星际舰队吧 -入伍
– Enlist in Starfleet. – Enlist?
你们这个月的招募额肯定是低过头了吧
You guys must be way down on your recruiting quarter for the month.
如果你有你父亲一半能力 詹姆斯
If you’re half the man your father was Jim,
星际舰队就能用得上你
Starfleet could use you.
你可以在四年内成为军官 八年内当上舰长
You can be an officer in 4 years, you can have your own ship in 8.
你明白星际联邦是什么 对吧 这很重要
You understand what the Federation is, don’t you? It’s important,
它是一支维护和平及人道主义的舰队
It’s a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada.
说完了吗
We done?
我说完了
I’m done.
河边船坞 新人招募艇明早八点离开
Riverside shipyard. Shuttle for new recruits leaves tomorrow – 08:00.
你的父亲当了12分钟舰长
Your father was captain of a starship for 12 minutes.
他救了800条命 包括你们母子俩的
He saved 800 lives, including your mother’s and yours.
我谅你也做不到更好了
I dare you to do better.
车够帅啊 哥们
Nice ride man.
送给你了
It’s yours.
四年吗 我会在三年内做到
4 years? I’ll do it in 3.
放松点 先生们
At ease gentlemen.
一直没打听到名字
Never did get that first name.
-你需要医生 -我跟你们说了
– You need a doctor. – I told you people,
我不需要医生 该死 我就是医生
I don’t need a doctor, damn it. I am a doctor.
你得回到自己座位上
You need to get back to your seat.
我的就在没窗户的盥洗室里
I had one, in the bathroom with no windows.
我有惧飞症 我对能上天的东西都怕得要死