You’re gonna be a great writer someday, Gordie.
以后你会成为一个大作家 戈帝
You might even write about us guys, if you ever get hard up for material.
你说不定还会写我们的事 万一你找不到题材的话
Guess I’d have to be pretty hard up, huh?
那我一定是江郞才尽了 才会这么做
Yeah.
对
What the fuck do you know about this?
你们怎么会知道这件事?
Son of a bitch! My little brother.
他妈的 是我弟弟
You wasn’t planning on taking the body from us, was you, boys?
你该不会想要由我们手上抢走这尸体吧 小朋友?
You get away, man. We found him. We got dibs.
滚一边去 是我们先发现他的 我们有权把他带走
We better start running, Eyeball. They got dibs.
我们快逃吧 大眼 他们有权利呢
We earned him, man. You guys came in a car.
应该由我们得到他 老兄 你们开车来
That’s not fair. He’s ours.
不公平 他该归我们
That’s not fair. He’s ours.
不公平 他该归我们
Well, not anymore.
你休想
There’s four of us, Eyeball.
我们有四个人 大眼
You just make your move.
你们还是识相点快滚
Oh, we will. Don’t you worry.
我们会走的 别急
Vern, you little son of a whore.
维恩 你这小王八蛋
You was under the porch!
你在地板下偷听到这件事
No, I swear! It wasn’t me!
没有 我发誓和我无关
You little keyhole-peeping bung.
你这爱窥人隐私的小肥猪
I ought to beat the living shit out of you.
我一定要打得你屁滚尿流
You guys have two choices.
你们有两个选择
You either leave quietly, and we take the body…
一个是乖乖的滚蛋 把他交给我们
or you stay and we beat the shit out of you…
一个是留下来 让我们好好揍一顿
and we take the body.
然后我们一样要把他带走
Besides, me and Billy found him first.
再说 是我和比利先发现他的
Yeah, Vern told us how you found him.
维恩已经告诉我们 你们是怎么发现他的
Oh, Billy! I wish we never boosted that car!
比利 要是我们没有偷那辆车就好了
Oh, Billy, I think I just turned my Fruit of the Looms into a fudge factory.
比利 我觉得 我害怕得不知如何是好
That’s it. Your ass is grass. Hold it.
我要把你的屁♥股♥打开花 等等
Okay, Chambers, you little faggot.
詹伯斯 你这小杂碎
This is your last chance.
再给你最后一次机会
What do you say, kid?
你怎么说 小鬼?
Why don’t you go home and fuck your mother some more?
你为什么 不滚回家去吃你老娘的奶?
You’re dead.
你死定了
Come on, Chris. Let’s split.
克利斯 我们快溜吧
They’re not taking him. Man, this is crazy.
他们别想带他走 老哥 这样做太疯狂了
They’re not taking him. He’s got a knife, man!
我绝不让他们带他走 可是他手上有刀
Ace, come on, man.
艾斯 算了吧
You’re gonna have to kill me, Ace.
你得先杀了我 艾斯
No problem.
没问题
You’re not taking him.
你别想带他走
Nobody’s taking him.
谁都别想带他走
Come on, kid,just give me the gun before you take your foot off.
小鬼 把枪给我 然后赶快逃命
You ain’t got the sack to shoot a woodchuck.
你连只老鼠都不敢杀
Don’t move, Ace.
别动 艾斯
I’ll kill you. I swear to God.
我会杀你的 我对天发誓
Come on, Lachance, give me the gun.
得了 蓝强 把枪给我
You must have at least some of your brother’s good sense.
你至少也该学到一点你哥哥的长处
Suck my fat one…
有种放马过来
you cheap, dime-store hood.
你这欺善怕恶的人♥渣♥
What are you gonna do, shoot us all?
你打算怎样? 难道把我们全杀了?
No, Ace.
不 艾斯
Just you.
我只杀你一个
We’re gonna get you for this.
我们会找你讨回这笔帐的
Maybe you will, and maybe you won’t.
你们未必能占得到便宜
Oh, we will.
会的
We’re not gonna forget this, if that’s what you’re thinking.
你别想我们会随随便便就算了
This is big time, baby.
这个仇我们一定要报 小娃娃
”Suck my fat one”?
试试你的胆子有多大?
Whoever told you you had a fat one, Lachance?
你的胆子有多大 蓝强?
Biggest one in four counties.
我胆大号♥称天下第一
Yeah.
才怪
Are we gonna take him?
我们要不要把他带走?
No
不
But we came all this way. We were supposed to be heroes.
可是我们走了大老远才到这里 我们可以成为英雄的
Not this way, Teddy.
这样不是真英雄 泰迪
Chris, give me a hand.
克利斯 帮我个忙
Ray Brower’s body was found…
警♥察♥后来找到了尸体
but neither our gang nor their gang got the credit.
但我们两帮人都没出风头
In the end, we decided that an anonymous phone call…
因为最后我们觉得
was the best thing to do.
打匿名电♥话♥报♥警♥最好
We headed home.
在回家的路上
And although many thoughts raced through our minds…
尽管每个人心里 都思潮汹涌
we barely spoke.
大家却都很少开口
We walked through the night and made it back to Castle Rock…
我们彻夜赶路 终于在周日
a little past 5:00 on Sunday morning, the day before Labor Day.
早晨五点过后回到岩城 那天是工人节的前一天
We’d only been gone two days…
我们只离开了两天
but somehow the town seemed different…
但回来时 都觉得这个小镇变了
smaller.
变得更小
Well, see you in school.
开学时再见了
Yeah.
好
See you in junior high.
上中学时再见
Penny!
一分钱
I better get home before my mom puts me on the ten-most-wanted list.
我最好在我妈把我列入十大要犯名单前回家
Hey, Chris.
克利斯
No hard feelings, okay?
别放在心上 好吗?
No way, man.
不会的 兄弟
Have gun will travel reads the card of a man
快枪利眼闯过惊涛骇浪
A knight without armor in a savage land
赤手空拳不畏龙潭虎穴
His fast gun for hire
身怀单枪会遍英雄好汉
As time went on, we saw less and less of Teddy and Vern…
后来我们跟泰迪和维恩 越来越少来往
until eventually they became just two more faces in the halls.
最后他们变成 只是我们生命中的过客
It happens sometimes.
这种事是难免的
Friends come in and out of your life like busboys in a restaurant.
有些朋友常是一闪而逝 就像路上的行人一样
I heard that Vern got married out of high school…
听说维恩中学毕业不久 就结了婚
had four kids and is now the forklift operator at the Arsenault Lumber Yard.
生了四个孩子 现在林场操作起重机
Teddy tried several times to get into the army…
泰迪一直想加入陆军
but his eyes and his ear kept him out.
但因视力及听力问题 而未能如愿
Last I’d heard, he’d spent some time in jail…
据说他后来坐过一阵子牢
and was now doing odd jobs around Castle Rock.
现在岩城附近打零工
I’m never gonna get out of this town, am I, Gordie?
我永远也无法离开这个地方 是不是 戈帝?
You can do anything you want, man.
你可以做到任何你想做的事
Yeah.
是的
Sure.
当然
Gimme some skin.
握一下手
I’ll see you.
我会来找你
Not if I see you first.
我会先去找你
Chris did get out.
克利斯后来终于离开了小镇
He enrolled in the college courses with me…
他和我一起上大学先修班
and although it was hard, he gutted it out, like he always did.
虽然功课很重 但他拿出那股狠劲拼命用功
He went on to college, and eventually became a lawyer.
顺利进了大学 并成为职业律师
Last week he entered a fast-food restaurant.
上个星期 他到一家快餐店吃饭时
Just ahead of him, two men got into an argument.
前面的两个男人 一言不合吵了起来
One of them pulled a knife.
其中一个还拔出了刀子
Chris, who had always made the best peace, tried to break it up.
一向很会做和事佬的克利斯 上前劝架
He was stabbed in the throat.
结果喉咙被刺了一刀
He died almost instantly.
当场死亡
Dad, can we go now?
爸 可不可以走了?
You ready? Yeah. We’ve been ready for an hour.
你准备好了吗? 我们一个小时前就准备好了
Okay, I’ll be right there.
好 我马上来
He said that a half hour ago.
他半小时前也是那么说
Yeah. My dad’s weird. He gets like that when he’s writing.
我爸是个怪人 一写起文章就是这副德性