so I’d be writing a script, let’s say, for Jack Kirby.
突然间 史蒂夫迪特科走进来说
Suddenly, Steve Ditko would walk in and he’d say,
「斯坦 我上个工作做完了 需要下一个」
“Hey, Stan, I finished my last job, I need another one.”
情急之下我对他说
So, out of sheer desperation I said to him,
「我给你一个情节 你回家画
“Let me just give you a plot, you go on home and draw it,
怎么画都行 再交给我
“any way you want. Bring it in to me,
我再加入对话和旁白」
“and I’ll put in the dialogue and the captions.”
刚开始是应急措施
It started as an emergency measure,
但我开始发觉这个方法不错
but I began to realize, this is a great way to do it.
我在办公室描述一个场景时
Very often in the office when I’m describing a scene or something,
往往会到处走来走去
I’d go storming around the office,
如果有人看见我们的故事会议
and I would think anybody looking in on a story conference
会以为正在拍一部默片
at our place would think they’re watching some silent movie being filmed.
当画家加入
When an artist would come in
会一起讨论情节
and they would be working on the plot together,
他们会演一遍 斯坦会跳上桌子
they would act it out and Stan would jump on the desk
在桌上跑来跑去 饰演超级英雄
and run around on the desk, and you know, act the part of the superhero.
他们集体脑力激荡 发出各种声音
They would brainstorm and there’d be all this noise.
有时如果我在讲电♥话♥
Sometimes if I were on the phone,
我会对里面喊:「小声点 小声点」
I’d have to yell in there, “Keep it down, keep it down.”
杰克和我合作无间
Jack and I have gotten to work so well together,
我们的情节会议就像这样
that our plotting session will be something like,
「杰克 下一♥期♥《神奇四侠》 让末日博士当反派」
“Hey, in the next Fantastic Four, Jack, let’s let the villain be Doctor Doom.”
「他从哪来的?最后碰上什么结果?」
“Where did he come from? Where did we leave off with him?”
我会说:「对 他逐渐消失 进入另一个宇宙
And I’ll say, “Oh, yeah, he was fading off into another universe.
杰克 设法让他回来
“Find some way to bring him back, Jack,
我们让他攻击神奇四侠
“and then we’ll have him attack the Fantastic Four, and then,
然后故事结尾是他跑掉
“let’s let the story end with him running off
跟苏珊史东逃走之类的」
“and eloping with Sue Storm or something.”
杰克会说好 然后走掉
Jack will say “Fine” and he goes off,
等他拿着作品回来
and by the time he brings the artwork back,
可能就是那段情节
it might be that particular plot
或者他改了一大堆
or he might have changed fifty million things.
所以他不知道我会写什么
So he doesn’t know exactly what I’m gonna write,
我会在他们嘴里塞进什么话
what words I’m gonna put in their mouths.
我不知道他会画什么 整个乱七八糟
I don’t know what he’s gonna draw. The whole thing is virtual chaos.
但等到组合起来 似乎顺理成章
But somehow when it gets together, it seems to hold together pretty well,
那就是我们的工作方式
and we kinda like working this way.
不光是画家 不光是作家
It isn’t the artist, it isn’t the writer.
是画家与作家携手合作
It’s the artist and the writer.
有绘图和故事
It’s pictures and stories,
等两者完美结合 就是精彩的漫画
and when they blend together perfectly, then you’ve got a great comic.
这种团队合作方式 后来称为「漫威方法」
Working that way as a team, it became known as the Marvel Method.
琼恩和我在纽约94街买♥♥了一间小公♥寓♥
Joan and I, we got a little apartment in New York on 94th Street.
我们住了一两年
We stayed there for a year or two.
后来琼恩怀孕
And then, Joan got pregnant.
我们认为应该搬到独栋房♥屋养小孩
We decided we ought to move to a house to have the baby
就搬到长岛
and we moved to Long Island.
我们买♥♥了栋小房♥子 差点负担不起
We got a little house, and we could just barely afford it.
(新手母亲与女儿琼恩)
我们生了女儿琼恩李
We had a daughter, Joan C. Lee.
我们好自恋 决定生女儿叫琼恩
We’re so vain! We decided to name our daughter Joan,
如果生儿子就叫他斯坦
and if we had had a son, we’d have called him Stan.
其实我们生了另一个女儿 不能叫她斯坦
In fact, we did have another baby, a girl, we couldn’t call her Stan,
所以叫她珍 可惜她出生后几小时就夭折
so called her Jan, but unfortunately, she died a few hours after she was born,
琼恩后来不能再生育
and Joan couldn’t have any other kids,
我们就非常宠爱琼恩
so we spoiled Joan rotten.
我想她综合了我们俩的特点
I think she’s a mixture of both of us.
她才华洋溢
She’s very talented.
(声源:琼恩李)
身为两个强势父母的孩子并不容易
Think it’s difficult being a child of two such strong parents,
那一向不容易 我们就是那种父母
I think that’s always difficult, and we are.
过了一阵子我们叫她JC
After a while we called her J.C.
因为我们女儿名叫琼恩C李
’cause our daughter’s name was Joan C. Lee.
C代表希莉亚 那是我母亲的名字
The C standing for Celia, which was my mother’s name.
琼恩则是琼恩B李
And Joanie was Joan B. Lee.
我太太和我关系非常亲密
My wife and I are really so close.
她非常棒 是个了不起的女性
She’s the greatest. I mean, she’s an incredible woman.
我认为我太太十分漂亮、聪明 迷人、亲切
My wife, I think, is incredibly beautiful, smart, charming, fun to be with.
以前跳舞时我都让她带领 她好厉害
When we used to dance, I let her lead. She was so good.
我得设法跟上她
I tried to keep up with her.
我把那些特质放在我写的女性身上
So I tried to put those qualities in all the women I wrote about.
比如玛莉珍就很活泼 时髦有型
Mary Jane, for example, was very peppy and effervescent and kinda hip and cool.
就像我太太
That was my wife.
她是我的完美妻子
She’s the perfect wife for me
因为我在家时都在写作
because I spend so much time writing when I’m home,
琼恩总能忙自己的 很棒
and Joanie, she can always keep herself busy, which is wonderful.
所以我在房♥间写作时不会感到内疚
So I don’t feel guilty when I’m in my room writing.
他快绝种了 现在没有斯坦这种男人
He’s a vanishing breed. There are no men like Stan today.
他是濒危物种 必须受到保护
He’s an endangered species. One has to protect him.
因为他活力充沛
Because he’s blessed with tremendous energy.
行事严谨
He’s an ever straight man.
不喝酒抽烟
Doesn’t take booze, doesn’t smoke cigarettes.
每天起床都会说
And gets up every day and says,
「感谢老天 我的手脚都能动
“Thank God this arm works, and this leg works,
人生真美好」
“and life is great.”
他是个很棒的丈夫
He’s been a very good husband.
你们婚姻幸福的秘诀是什么?
So, what’s your secret for a successful marriage?
我们是彼此最好的朋友
He’s my best friend and I’m his best friend…
我们互相欣赏 -是
liking each other. – Okay.
不是那种满口爱来爱去的
You know, it isn’t that kind of oh, love, love, love.
坠入爱河 然后整天待在床上
Kids kinda fall in love and think you’re gonna be in bed all day.
婚姻不是那样 婚姻就像一座农场
That’s not what marriage is. Marriage is like a farm.
你得每天起床去照料它
You have to get up every day and work at it every single day.
他仍是我一生见过最了不起的人
He’s still the most amazing person I’ve ever met in my life.
十三四岁是动荡不安的年纪
The early teens are years of upheaval and turmoil.
(1962年)
你认为时下的青少年
Do you think that teenagers
跟过去不同吗?
are any different today from how they used to be?
是的
Yes, I do.
(赢得跟法比安约会的机会!)
你认为时下的青少年 比以前好还是糟糕?
Do you think teenagers today are better or worse than they used to be?
我认为更糟糕
I think they’re worse.
我们正处于明显存在代沟的时代
Today, we’ve come to a time in history when there definitely is a generation gap.
青少年有一个世界 如果大人不喜欢
There is a teenage world, you know. If the adults don’t like it
那是因为他们不想加入
that’s only because they don’t want a part of it.
我们能用各种方法
Anything that can be done
协助这些年轻人表达观点
to help present the point of view of these young people
不带敌意 给予尊重
without hostility, with respect,
那样是有好处的
would be a very beneficial thing.
17岁时
When I was 17-years-old,
我担任编辑、艺术总监和首席作家
I was an editor, art director, and head writer,
但当时青少年不受尊重
but at that time, the teenager wasn’t respected.
我想 我要改变这一点
So I figured, hell, I’m gonna change that.
何不创造一个少年英雄呢?
Why not have a teenager who’s a hero?
有超能力的少年英雄
Why couldn’t a teenager have a super power?
我很喜欢这个构想
I loved that idea.
我想创作一套连环漫画
I felt that I would like to, for once,
在当中少年不是配角 而是英雄
do a strip about a teenager who isn’t a sidekick, but he is the hero.
我想把他塑造成真正的青少年
And I wanna make him like a real teenager.
他不是万能的 不是没有烦恼
He’s not a guy who can do anything and never has a problem.
但我得先想个名字
But I had to come up with a name.
小时候我很喜欢一本 廉价小说杂♥志♥《蜘蛛》
As a kid, I had loved a pulp magazine named The Spider.
印象中这杂♥志♥最有戏剧性的地方是封面
The most dramatic thing I could think of, the cover of this magazine,
上面写「蜘蛛:人类主宰」
it said, “The Spider: Master of Men.”
对九岁的我来说
Somehow, to me, at the age of nine,
人类主宰 我好想当…
“Master of Men, oh, I’d love to be a…”
谁不想当人类主宰?
You know, who wouldn’t want to be a master of men?
他有一枚戒指
And he had a ring,
他往坏人脸上揍一拳 戒指上有一只小蜘蛛
and he’d punch a bad guy in the face and it had a little spider on the ring,
就会在对方下巴留下蜘蛛印记
and it would leave a spider mark on the guy’s jaw.
那个名字让我印象深刻
That name always stuck with me.
我想 不如就叫蜘蛛侠?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!