和奥利佛·哈迪先生
No.

Yeah? No, II don’t want any.
来一杯 不用 我不需要
Oh. Thank you, no.
噢 谢谢 不用
I got a great thing going here.
我发现了一件奇怪的事
The… the more I drink, the drunker she gets.
我喝得越多 她醉得越厉害
Do loosen up, angel. Yes, loosen.
放松点 小天使 对 放松
This movie could be big break for boys.
这部电影将会是他们的重大转机
Oh, please. A big break?
噢 得了吧 还重大转机
Oliver is 61 years old.
奥利佛现在61岁了
He’s made 150 films, Ida. Shh.
他已经拍过150部电影 艾达 嘘
Please tell me, how can they be
请你告诉我 斯坦利
a matter of weeks away from making this movie, Stanley,
还有几周就要拍摄电影
and still not have any shooting dates confirmed?
他们怎么可能还没有确定拍摄日期
I mean, this is just such a ridiculous situation.
我觉得目前这种状况真是可笑
It may be ridiculous,
可能是有点可笑
but situation’s not Stanley’s fault.
但这种状况不是斯坦利的错
Honey, that’s… What?
宝贝 那个 什么
Please, w-we’re here to have a nice time.
拜托 我们今天是来寻开心的
Well, whose fault is it, then, Ida?
那这是谁的错 艾达
What are you trying to insinuate? Oh, come on, now.
你在含沙射影说谁呢 噢 别说了
No. No, no, no. I’d like to know how this nutty tour…
不 不 不 不 我想搞清楚这种奇怪的巡回演出
which, let’s face it, they’re doing for the money…
我们必须面对 他们做巡回演出只是为了钱
has anything to do with Oliver.
跟奥利佛没有一点关系
Because Oliver make elephant film.
因为奥利佛拍的是大象电影
What?
什么
Gentlemen. What?
先生们 什么事
May I present two huge fans of yours,
请允许我介绍两位你们的铁杆粉丝
Lord Angus and Lady Mary Warley.
安格斯勋爵和玛丽·沃利夫人
Ladies, I’m being the most terrible host.
女士们 原谅我招待不周
Shall we sample the delights of the buffet?
我们一起来品尝自助餐的美味佳肴如何
My wife loves your films.
我妻子很喜欢你们的电影
I-I don’t really watch them myself.
我 我自己不怎么看
I remember one about a piano.
我记得一部有关钢琴的电影
You two had to push it up some stairs.
你们俩要把钢琴推到台阶上面去
Have you seen that one?
你看过这部吗
No. Oh, it’s very good.
没有 噢 太好了
They had to push this piano up to the top of the stairs,
他们要把钢琴推到台阶上面
and it was a long way, hmm?
真是很长的一段距离 嗯
And you got it up to the top of the stairs,
等你们终于把钢琴推到了台阶最上面
and the bloody thing came sliding
这个可恶的东西
all the way down to the bottom again. Hmm, hmm.
又顺着台阶滑了下去 嗯 嗯
And you two had to push it all the way back up.
你们俩又得把它往上推
I know. I was there. And would you believe,
我知道 我就在那儿 你们能相信吗
it only rolled all the way down again.
钢琴又滑下来了
Yes, that’s what happened.
是的 就是那样
Was the piano damaged?
钢琴摔坏了吗
It was a prop. No, it was a…
只是个道具 不 它只是个
Would you please excuse us for a moment?
请原谅我们离开一会
Oh. JJust one moment.
噢 就一会
That was painful. Yeah.
真痛苦 同意
What was that Ida just said about the elephant film?
艾达刚才说的大象电影是什么意思
You’re not still carrying that around, are you?
你不会还对此耿耿于怀吧
No, it was just… you know, I like to
不是 只不过 你也知道 我喜欢
let off steam now and again, but she’s…
时不时地发泄一下感情 可是她
she didn’t know what she was saying.
她根本不知道自己在说什么
You think this is all my fault
你认为这是我的过错
because I went ahead and did a picture
因为我16年前先走一步
with someone else 16 years ago?
和别人一起拍了电影
Is that what you think?
你是不是这样想的
You weren’t there anymore.
你当时不在那里
You left the studio. I was fired.
你离开了制片厂 我被解雇了
Because you were a pain in the ass, Stan.
因为你就是让人讨厌 斯坦
You refused to negotiate with Hal.
你拒绝和哈尔交涉
I was still under contract,
我仍然合约在身
so I had to do that picture without you.
我不得不在没有你的情况下拍电影
Well, that’s, uh… that’s not how I see it.
这个 嗯 我不是这样想的
And how do you see it, Stan?
那你是怎么想的 斯坦
Well, if we’re laying all our cards on the table,
我们打开天窗说亮话吧
the-the only reason we’re in this situation now
我们之所以陷入目前这种境地
is because when I was trying to get a better deal from Hal,
就是因为我想从哈尔那里拿到更好的合约
you were nowhere to be seen.
而你却不知所踪
I had no choice, and you know it.
我别无选择 你知道的
I was broke. You had a choice.
我那时身无分文 你当然有选择
You chose to be down at the-the country club or the racetrack.
你选择了乡间俱乐部和赛马场
We had a good thing going with Hal,
我们和哈尔处得不错
but you had this big chip on your shoulder
可是你大发脾气
because you weren’t being treated like Chaplin.
因为他们没有把你当成卓别林
You’re damn right. And you didn’t have the guts
该死的你说对了 而你没有勇气
to ask for the deal that we deserved.
去争取我们应得的利益
I’m getting a drink.
我要去喝一杯
But, look, Ida, I don’t want to fight.
听着 艾达 我不想吵架
I just want to do what’s best for Babe.
我只是考虑怎么才是对巴比好
Oliver agreed to tour, no? Well, yes, he did. He did.
奥利佛同意巡回演出 不是吗 是的 他同意了 他同意了
Okay, so life is not easy.
那就对了 生活本来不易
It never ever come on dinner plate.
不存在不劳而获的事情
Are you implying that Oliver and I aren’t hard-working?
你是在暗示说奥利佛和我不劳而获
You live in Hollywood.
你生活在好莱坞
So do you and Stan. No, no, no, no, no.
你和斯坦也是 不 不 不 不 不
I may live in Hollywood, but I am not Hollywood.
我也许住在好莱坞 可我不像好莱坞的人
Ida, you are the epitome of Hollywood.
艾达 你简直就是好莱坞的缩影
Don’t you pity me. What? Oh.
别可怜我 什么 噢
I work my entire life to get where I am.
我一生努力才奋斗成如今的我
Well, hey, I had a job. Yeah, poopoo, script lady.
嘿 我也有工作 是嘛 哦哦 剧本小姐
Well, how’s your acting career these days?
请问你最近的演出职业如何啊
No. Yes.
别管 就问
If you’re accusing me
如果你是在指责我
of trying to get along with people, well, then I’m guilty.
想方设法地与别人处好关系 那我确实应该内疚
I’m an actor. I do like people to like me.
我是个演员 我就喜欢人们喜欢我
I want people to hire me.
我需要别人雇我工作
Sure, you wouldn’t say “boo” to a goose.
当然 你胆小如鼠
Everybody loves Babe.
人人都爱巴比
Come and play a round with Babe.
大家都来和巴比打一局高尔夫吧
While I’m sleeping on a couch in the editing suite.
而我只能睡在编辑室的沙发上
Well, that’s how you wanted it.
原来这就是你需要的
You cared about those things. I didn’t.
你在乎那些东西 我不在乎
Well, you can’t have, or you wouldn’t
你是不能还是不想
have gone off to work with somebody else.
离开我去跟别人一起工作
I-I couldn’t sleep for days when they told me what you did.
他们告诉我你做的事情后我几天不能入眠
And I couldn’t sleep when I did it.
我那样做我也一样不能入睡
But you still did it.
但你还是做了
You betrayed me, betrayed our friendship.
你背叛了我 背叛了我们的友谊
Friendship?
友谊
We’re friends because Hal Roach put us together,
我们之所以成为朋友是多亏哈尔把我们安排在一起
and the only reason we stayed together
我们长♥期♥相处的唯一原因
was because the audience wanted it.
就是因为观众希望这样
I have real friends.
我有真正的朋友
And yes, we play golf, and we go to ball games,
是的 我们一起打高尔夫 一起参加舞会
and we have sauerkraut on our bratwurst.
我们一起就着德国香肠吃德国泡菜
People will remember our movies
人们会记住我们的电影
long after you’ve finished your hot dog.
即使在你吃完热狗很久之后
You know something, you’re just a lazy ass
你知道吗 你就是个懒蛋
who got lucky ’cause you met me.
你走运是因为碰到了我
Lucky?
走运
To spend my life with a hollow man
与一个躲在打字机后面的
who hides behind his typewriter?
虚伪的人相守一生
You’re not real, Stan.
你不真实 斯坦
You’re hollow. You’re empty.
你是虚伪的 你是空洞的
I loved us.
我爱过咱俩
You loved Laurel and Hardy, but you never loved me.
你爱的是劳雷尔和哈迪 你从来没爱过我
So what?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!