You’re here to see Mr. Miffin?
你来见米芬先生
Yes, uh, I’m sorry, uh…
是的 嗯 对不起
uh, yes, I am.
对 我来见米芬
I’m his production executive, Cynthia Clarke.
我是他的制♥作♥执行人 辛西亚·克拉克
Hello, Cynthia. Oh.
你好 辛西亚 哦
Mr. Miffin is still detained,
米芬先生有点耽搁
but I’ve just spoken to him on the telephone,
但我刚才跟他通了电♥话♥
and he wanted me to explain the situation to you.
他让我向你解释一下情况
He says he’s sorry, but he’s been unable
他说非常抱歉他做不到
to raise the finance needed to proceed with the film.
增加拍摄电影所需要的经费
Oh, I-I see.
噢 我 我明白了
He said he made it clear in a cable he sent to you
他说在你离开美国前
before you left the United States
就在发给你的电报里说清楚了
that all the finance wasn’t in place.
所有的经费都没有到位
Yes, well, I thought he’d have it all lined up by now.
是的 不过 我以为到现在他会安排好一切
He wanted you to know that he did everything he could
他希望你理解他已经竭尽所能
to bring the project together,
想要促成这个项目
but he feels sure you’ll understand
不过他确信你能够理解
that the market is very challenging at the moment
眼下的市场困难重重
and it simply wasn’t possible.
所以目前无法实现
Yes, well… thank you.
好的 谢谢你
Uh, thank you for your time.
嗯 谢谢你抽时间见我
Get The Sporting Times.
卖♥♥”体育时报”了
The Sporting Times, please.
请来一份”体育时报”
There you are. Thank you.
给您 谢谢
Get The Sporting Times.
卖♥♥”体育时报”了
Byebye, now, kids. Byebye.
再见 孩子们 再见
Oh, what’s all this here? Oh.
噢 这些都是什么啊 噢
All right, gents. Hi, boys.
好啦 先生们 嗨 孩子们
Good afternoon, Mr. Hardy. Delfont’s idea.
下午好 哈迪先生 代尔冯特的主意
He… he thought that the girls arriving
他 他认为姑娘们今天到达
would be a good excuse for some free publicity.
将会是免费宣传的最佳时机
Ah.

Hmm. I’m really looking forward to seeing them.
嗯 我迫不急待地想见到她们
Oh, I’ve been counting the days.
噢 我一直掰着指头数日子
46. Since we got here.
46 从我们到这儿算起
46 days.
46天了
46?
Who counts from 46?
谁数的46
I was missing her.
我非常想她
Hey, I’ve been thinking.
嘿 我一直在想
We don’t need to tell the girls
我们没必要告诉姑娘们
about everything we’ve been doing, do we?
我们所经历的一切 好吗
Um, no. I don’t want to mention
嗯 不说 我不想提起
these personal appearances and the drinking.
这些公开露面和酒会
Uh, no, th-there’s no sense in getting them all worked up.
嗯 不用 没必要让她们卷进我们的工作里
We’ll just talk about how well the tour’s going and the movie.
我们只需要聊聊巡回演出和电影如何顺利就行
Sure, and the movie.
当然 还有电影
Hey, if the car pulls up here,
嘿 如果车停在这儿
do you think we could do the door routine?
你说我们要不要来个开门的段子
You just never stop, do you?
你就没个完 是吧
Ooh, here they are. Here they are. Okay.
喔 她们来了 她们来了
There she is. Aw.
看到她了哦
Hey, sweetie pie. Hello.
嘿 我的爱人 你好
Hi, Stan.
嗨 斯坦
Hey, girls, will you both get out this side? I’ve got something I want you to do.
嘿 姑娘们 你们能从这边下车吗 有件事需要你们配合完成
Of course, darling. I give them my good side.
当然可以 亲爱的 我把好地方让给他们
Oh, no, Stanley, we just got here.
噢 不要 斯坦 我们刚到这儿
Come on, girls. Oh…
快来吧 姑娘们 噢
Comedy duo Laurel and Hardy
欢喜冤家劳雷尔和哈迪
were joined in London this week by their wives.
本周迎来了娇妻来伦敦团聚
But even in a simple situation like this,
但即使在这么普通的场景
trouble has a habit of following them around.
麻烦也是习惯性缠身
Oliver Hardy, Bachelor of Arts,
奥利佛·哈迪 文学学士
always seems to have things under control.
似乎总能控制住局面
But somehow, things never quite work out that way.
但有时候 事情总不能天遂人愿
Yes, they’re reunited again,
是的 他们再次携手重聚
and now everyone can start making up for lost time.
大家可以弥补曾经失去的那些日子
Well, I hope they got all that.
我希望他们能看懂
It’s fine. It’ll get a laugh.
没问题 肯定会哄堂大笑
Oh, well, I’m awfully glad about that, boys,
噢 我很喜欢那样 孩子们
but it would have been nice to say hello to my husband
但如果能先跟我丈夫打声招呼那就更好
without immediately being pressed into one of your skits.
而不是马上就被你们编进了滑稽短剧
Oh, Lord. It was just small fun.
天啊 不过是个小玩笑而已
Oh, is that what it was, Ida?
噢 是这样吗 艾达
Don’t be cross, angel.
别生气 小天使
Who knows? Maybe you’ll get discovered.
谁知道呢 也许你会离婚
They could say, “She ought to be in pictures.”
他们就会说 “她应该去演电影”
No. No, no, no, I don’t…
不 不 不 不 我不
I don’t think so, no.
我可不这样认为
Oliver, can we visit the Tower of London
奥利佛 我们能去参观伦敦塔
and Saint Paul’s?
圣保罗大教堂吗
Oh, and Harrods? Of course.
噢 还有哈罗兹百货 当然
Oh, and Buckingham Palace,
噢 还有白金汉宫
where that darling new queen lives.
新女王生活的地方
Of course, angel. You can visit anywhere you like.
没问题 小天使 你想去哪儿都行
No, no, no, Winter Palace in Saint Petersburg.
不 不 不 圣彼得堡的冬宫
Oh. Oh, this is palace. Mmhmm.
噢 噢 这才是宫殿 嗯哼
The Buckingham is little doghouse.
白金汉宫不过是狗窝
We have been
我们一直在
counting the days until you got here.
数着日子等你们来
Oh. All 46 of them.
噢 一共是46天
Did you know it was 46, Stan?
你知道是46天吗 斯坦
How’s the movie coming along, Stanley?
电影进展怎么样啦 斯坦利
Oh, it’s, uh… it’s all set
噢 电影 嗯 都安排好了
for when we finish the tour. Oh.
就等我们巡回演出结束 噢
There’s this producer fella named Muffin.
那个电影制片人叫马芬
Miffin.
米芬
And, uh, Stan has rewritten his script.
还有 斯坦重写了他的剧本
Oliver, that’s enough salt.
奥利佛 盐够了
You know it’s bad for your blood pressure.
你知道这对你血压不好
Oh, sorry, angel, just a force of habit.
噢 对不起 小天使 习惯了
Anyway, this producer is set to come by
不管怎样 这个制片人已经确定
and see the show sometime next week.
下周某个时间要来看我们的演出
Isn’t that right, Stan?
是不是 斯坦
Yeah, he said he’d-he’d try and get along. Mm.
对 他说他一定争取前来 嗯
Stan has been taking wonderful care of me
斯坦对我一直照顾有加
and making sure that Daddy takes all of his tablets.
确保老爸每天正常吃药
Has he been taking the blue ones, Stanley?
他有没有吃蓝色药片 斯坦利
Blue ones? I… I’ve been giving him green ones.
蓝色药片 我 我一直给他吃绿色的
Green? Oh, my goodness. Oliver, what are they?
绿色 噢老天 奥利佛 绿色是什么
He’s kidding.
他在逗你玩
Well, I’m not finding that funny.
我不觉得这样好玩
I was dancer. Yes? Oh.
我是舞蹈演员 是吧 噢
I dance for Preston Sturges.
我给普莱斯顿·斯特奇斯伴舞
I dance for Harold Lloyd. Really, Ida?
我给哈罗德·劳埃德伴舞 真的吗 艾达
You’ve never mentioned this before.
你以前可没提起过这些
When my knee hurt, what I do, hmm?
当膝盖疼的时候 我会做什么 嗯
I dance some more, yes?
我跳得更多 对吧
I go faster, I jump high, and hurt go away.
我跳得更快 我跳得更高 然后就不疼了
Oh. Mm. Hmm.
噢 嗯 哼
Hmm? I forget pain,
哼 我忘记疼痛
because pain is only in your mind, Oliver.
是因为疼痛在你的大脑里 奥利佛
It’s not in his mind, Ida. It’s in his knee.
疼痛不在他的大脑里 艾达 他膝盖疼
And there’s no way that you can do the scene in this movie
而且在电影里落水的那场戏
where you fall into the river.
你什么也做不了
I’ve been telling her about the script. Oh.
我跟她说过剧本 噢
Director can use double. That’s what I told her.
导演可以用替身 是我跟她说的
Preston Sturges use double. Oh, and it’s okay
普莱斯顿·斯特奇斯就有替身 噢 没关系
for Babe to sit about in a river all day,
就让巴比整天坐在河水里
is it, catching his death of cold?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!