嗯 不管怎样 好好考虑一下
After all, those sausages don’t pay for themselves.
毕竟 这些香肠不是白来的
Hi, Stan.
嗨 斯坦
Please don’t tire him out.
请别让他太累
Hello, Ollie.
你好 奥利
I didn’t expect to see you here today.
没想到今天在这里见到你
I got you something.
我给你带了东西
Eggs?
鸡蛋
Laid ’em myself.
我自己下的
I had to go down to the kitchen to see if they had any spare.
我跑到厨房♥去看他们是不是有多的
Three shillings each, they cost me.
我掏钱买♥♥的 一个鸡蛋三先令
Thank you, Stan.
谢谢你 斯坦
I’ll have one now, if I may.
如果可以 我现在就想吃一个
Sure.
当然
You know, Lucille didn’t have to go.
你知道 露西尔不用出去
She could have stayed.
她可以留下来
I mean, that-that argument we had
我是说 以前的争吵
the other night, that was just… it was so silly.
那个晚上 有点 真是愚蠢
It was… it was a-about nothing.
其实 也没有为了什么
Just…
就是
just nothing.
算不了什么
Babe, I-I wanted to talk to you…
巴比 我想告诉你
I’m retiring.
我要退休了
What?
什么
The doctors told me I can’t continue with the tour,
医生告诉我不能继续巡回演出
and I have promised Lucille I won’t.
我也答应了露西尔
So I’m retiring, Stan.
所以我退休了 斯坦
I’ve promised Lucille, and that’s that.
我答应过露西尔 就这样
I’m sorry.
对不起
I should never have had us take this tour.
我本不该让我们参加这个巡回演出
Well, je ne regrette rien.
不过我不后悔
And you shouldn’t regrette rien, either.
你也不应该后悔
Can’t you just rest until you’re better,
你能不能好好休息直到恢复
and then, you know, we could start again?
然后我们再重新开始
They say my heart won’t take it.
他们说我的心脏受不了
So I’m going home
所以我要回家了
just as soon as we can arrange the crossing.
就等我们安排好出境
You’re retiring.
你要退休了
Oh. Yes.
噢 是的
Retiring.
退休
So, what have you been working on?
你最近又在忙些什么呢
What? What new scenes for the movie
什么 最近又在考虑
have you been working on? Oh.
那部电影的新场景 噢
Nothing, really.
没什么 真的
I haven’t seen you for two days,
我两天没见你
and you’re trying to tell me you haven’t been working
而你来告诉我说你这两天并没有
on new material in that time?
考虑出任何新的东西出来
Well…
这个
Come on, then, out with it.
快点吧 说给我听
Well, I did have this idea for a… a romantic scene
嗯 我确实想了一个点子 一个浪漫的场景
where you’re pining for Maid Marian,
你在苦苦思念梅德·玛丽安
but she’s holed up in a castle
但她被困在城♥堡♥里
with the Sheriff of Nottingham. Right.
和诺丁汉警长一起 对
And then we hear this very sad violin music,
然后我们听到这首非常伤感的小提琴曲
and you start to cry; you can’t handle it.
你就开始哭 你根本控制不住
And, uh, of course, you’re… you’re bawling your eyes out,
嗯 当然 你 你是在嚎啕大哭
the tears are bouncing off your cheeks,
泪珠从你脸颊上弹开
but I’m not upset at all, you know,
但我一点不伤心 你知道
and I-I don’t know what to do.
我 我不知道该做什么
I’m…

And, uh… and-and then suddenly,
嗯 然后突然之间
I-I think, “Oh, I know.
我 我想 “噢 我知道
“I’ll-I’ll get this potted plant,
“我应该 我应该抱着这盆绿植
and I’ll put it underneath you.”
放在你身下”
You know, so at least…
你知道 这样至少
at least there’ll be something to catch the tears
至少有东西能接着你的眼泪
and give the plant… plant a watering.
又能给绿植 给绿植浇水
But then the plant just starts growing like crazy, you know.
然后绿植就像疯了一样生长 你知道
I’ll get the prop boys to rig me up the tears
我得让管道具的小伙子们处理一下眼泪
so they’re like little waterfalls.
让它们看起来像瀑布
That’s right. That’ll be a riot.
就是那样 那会很有趣
That’ll… that’s great, Stan. That’ll go big.
那样 太棒了 斯坦 那样肯定会火
Would you do me a favor?
你能帮我一个忙吗
Will you pull this blanket up on me?
能不能帮我把毯子拉上来
Sure. I just can’t seem to get warm.
当然 我好像暖和不起来
My goodness, your hands are like ice.
我的天 你的手像冰一样
Yeah. Here.
是啊 这样
That better?
好一点吗
Yes.

So, have you talked to Delfont?
你跟代尔冯特谈过了
I spoke to him this morning.
今早我跟他谈了
What did he say?
他说什么
Well, he… he didn’t know you were retiring, of course,
他 当然他不知道你要退休
but he asked me, since you were sick,
但他问我 既然你病了
if I wouldn’t mind carrying on the show with somebody else.
问我是否介意和别人继续表演
Who?

An English comedian called Nobby Cook.
一个英国喜剧演员叫诺比·库克
Well, that makes sense.
嗯 可以理解
It’s for the best, Stan.
这样最好 斯坦
Maybe it is.
可能吧
Well, that’s settled, then.
那就说定了
I’m retiring, and you’re going on with a new partner.
我退休 你和新搭档继续
Yes.

That’s it.
就这样
The other night, uh, those things you said.
那个晚上 你说过的那些话
did you mean them?
你是当真的吗
No.
不是
Did you?
你呢
No.
不是
Good.

Stanley, may I introduce to you Mr. Nobby Cook,
斯坦利 我来给你介绍诺比·库克先生
one of our finest music hall comedians.
我们最好的音乐厅喜剧演员之一
Very pleased to meet you, Nobby.
很高兴见到你 诺比
I’ve heard a lot of great things about you.
我听说了很多你的光辉事迹
Mr. Laurel, I’m a big fan of yours.
劳雷尔先生 我是你的铁粉
I’ve seen all your films. Oh, we’ll have none of that.
我看过你所有电影 噢 我们不会再拍了
You’re Nobby. I’m Stanley.
你是诺比 我是斯坦利
I’m looking forward to rolling my sleeves up
我期待撸起袖子加油干
and getting to work with you. Oh, thank you very much.
期待和你一起共事 噢 非常感谢
It’s very nice of you to say so.
你这样说太好了
You two are gonna be absolutely terrific together.
你们两人肯定会是绝配
Wonderful rapport. I’m laughing already.
极佳的亲和力 我已经觉得有笑点了
Dare we attempt a run-through?
我们要不要排练一遍
If you like. I-I mean, it’s up to Stan.
如果你希望 我是说 斯坦说了算
Well, I can go off, come on again
好吧 我先下台再上来
and take it from the top. That’ll be great.
从头开始 那样最好
Good idea.
好主意
Belting, this, Stan, eh?
传动带 这个 斯坦 嗯
Guaranteed laughs.
观众保证会笑
What have you got there?
你拿的是什么
Hard-boiled eggs and nuts?
煮鸡蛋和坚果
Hard-boiled eggs and nuts? Don’t be so daft.
煮鸡蛋和坚果 别傻了
What’s the matter with you?
你脑子有问题吗
I can’t eat that.
我不能吃那些
Okay, and cue Stanley.
好 斯坦利出场
Isn’t this so much nicer, Babe?
这样是不是好了很多 巴比
All the worry gone.
不用再担心
Just you and I relaxing together.
只有你和我悠闲地在一起
I spoke to Mother today, and she passes on her love.
我今天告诉妈妈了 她让我向你表达她的爱意
And what, pray you,
我请问你
has Robin Hood done to inspire such wrath?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!