Off the record?
私下谈谈也不行
Off the record, I can’t talk about it.
-好吧 -你问这个是想诉讼吗
– All right. – This related to the lawsuit?
你知道那件事
You know about that?
听着
Look,
我不认识巴伦 也不知道他有什么计划
I don’t know this guy Baron or what his agenda is.
老实说 我也不在乎
Frankly, I don’t care.
我只是不想看到你替他挡子弹
I just don’t want to see you taking a bullet for him.
该你击球了
I think you’re away.
-把它放在这儿 -快走吧
– Put it over here. – Let’s go. Let’s go.
有一天 我在上万维网
So the other day I was on the World Wide Web.
你想知道的东西上面都有
Anything you want to know, it’s right there.
我得承认 作为神父
Now, I have to admit that as a Priest,
这让我有些紧张
this makes me a little nervous.
这东西会不会抢我的饭碗
Should I be worried about job security?
我不这么认为
I don’t think so.
知识是一♥码♥事
You see, knowledge is one thing.
但信仰是另一♥码♥事
But faith… faith is another.
你不是应该在高尔夫吗
Shouldn’t you be golfing or something?
“高尔夫”不是个动词
Golfing’s not a verb.
而且我没预约到开球时间
And I couldn’t get a tee time.
他们管它叫开球时间吗
Is that what they call it? Tee time?
也叫作休闲活动
They also call it a leisure activity.
-你该试试 麦克 -我运动 我跑步
– You oughta try it, Mike. – I do. I run.
对 你跑步上班
Yeah. You run to work.
你今天怎么来了
So why are you here today?
-想仔细看看关于萨维阿诺的剪报 -好
– Going over these clips of Saviano. – Yep.
本和史蒂夫觉得那是条死胡同
Ben and Steve think it’s a dead end.
他们看比赛时冲着我一顿数落
They gave me a bunch of crap about it at the game.
是啊 本给我发邮件了
Yeah, Ben e-mailed me.
-是吗 -对
– He did? – Yeah.
他说我们应该放弃
He said we should let it go.
你想怎么办
What do you want to do?
我想把萨维阿诺找来
I want to bring Saviano in.
就直接不听那两位的吗
So, just ignore those guys?
我认为这篇报道 我们谁都不听
I think we oughta start ignoring everybody on this one.
我双手赞同
I’m good with that.
你觉得马蒂知道事情会变成什么样吗
Do you think Marty has any idea what’s coming down the pike?
不知道 我觉得他也不在乎
Nope. I don’t think he cares either.
真是新鲜事
That’s refreshing.
是啊
Yeah.
除非他错了
Unless he’s wrong.
我一直对报业充满着兴趣和敬意
I’ve always been fascinated with the newspaper business.
我在哈佛读书时
I used to sit in on the lectures
哈佛大学新闻精英
曾经和尼曼学者一起听课
with the Neiman fellows when I was at Harvard.
我了解到您曾经是一名编辑
I, uh… I read that you were an editor once.
是的
Ah, yes.
那是很久之前了
Yeah, that was a very long time ago.
《密西西比之音》
The Mississippi Register.
小范围发行的教区报纸
Small diocesan newspaper.
但对于一个30岁的神父来说 责任重大
But for a 30-year-old pastor, it was a big responsibility.
有时太重大了
Too much at times.
怎么说
How so?
密西西比州公民权益运动领导者
我和埃弗斯兄弟关系很好
I was close with the Evers brothers.
我们坚决维护公民权益
We took a stand on civil rights.
但我们的读者不满意
Our readership was not pleased.
他们把我视作管闲事的外人
They saw me as a meddling outsider.
可以想见
I can imagine.
这位置是个烫手山芋 尤其是在小镇上
Tough seat to sit in, especially in a small town.
终有一天你会发现波士顿也是个小镇 马蒂
I think you’ll find that Boston’s still a small town too, Marty,
怎么看都是
in many ways.
如需帮助 马蒂 尽管开口
But if I can be of any help, Marty, don’t hesitate to ask.
一个城市要想繁荣
I find that the city flourishes
它的各个机构就得协调合作
when its great institutions work together.
谢谢
Thank you.
我个人的观点是
Personally I’m of the opinion
一家报纸若想运作得好
that for a paper to best perform its function,
它就必须保持独♥立♥
it really needs to stand alone.
那是当然
Ah. Of course.
但我仍然愿意提供帮助
But my offer still stands.
谢谢
Thank you.
请进
Come in.
谢谢你 莫林
Thank you, Maureen.
一份接风礼 马蒂
A little gift, Marty.
算是我的私人波士顿游览秘籍
Think of it as a Cardinal’s guide to the city of Boston.
《教义问答》
我要找萨沙·法伊弗
I’m here to see Sacha Pfeiffer.
-名字 -菲尔·萨维阿诺
– Your name? – Phil Saviano.
好的 请稍等
Okay, just a minute. Mm-hmm.
请问我是你们采访的第一个幸存者吗
So, am I the first survivor you’ve talked to?
是的 菲尔 的确是
Yeah, Phil, you are.
好吧
Okay, well,
首先 我要感谢你们今天邀请我
first of all let me say thank you for having me in today.
我也想告诉你们
And I want you to know
我的组织SNAP将会与你们通力合作
that you have the full cooperation of my organization, SNAP.
你的组织里有多少人 菲尔
How many members are in your organization, Phil?
上次集♥会♥的时候来了十一个人…
We had 11 at our last chapter meeting…
不 是十个 凯伦搬走了
uh, no, um, 10. Karen just moved.
-你们组织里还有女人 -当然有女人
– You had a woman in your group? – Of course we have a woman.
他们娈童的时候可不管是男是女
They don’t discriminate, not when it comes to abuse.
这和他们是不是同性恋没关系
And this has nothing to do with being gay.
重点是神父利用职权之便侵犯儿童
What is this is Priests using the collar to rape kids.
无论男孩儿女孩儿
Kids. Boys and girls.
菲尔·萨维阿诺 11岁
我当时十一岁
I was 11,
我在伍斯特遭到了神父大卫·霍利的蹂躏
and I was preyed upon by father David Holley in Worcester.
不是被他指导 而是被他蹂躏
And I don’t mean prayed for. I mean preyed upon.
-你们有人是天主教♥徒♥吗 -小时候是
– Are any of you catholic? – I was raised catholic.
我现在随我妻子入了长老教会
Now I go to my wife’s presbyterian church.
我退教了
I’m lapsed.
不过我有时陪我祖母去教堂
I go to church with my grandmother sometimes.
可以说我们都有天主教背景 不过现在
It’s safe to say we were all raised catholic, but now…
-也不怎么信了 -好吧
– Not so much. – Okay.
那我告诉你们
Well, let me tell you,
如果你是个穷孩子 长在一个穷♥人♥家里
when you’re a poor kid from a poor family,
宗教的意义非常重大
religion counts for a lot.
若得到神父的关注 那更是人生大事
And when a Priest pays attention to you, it’s a big deal.
如果他让你整理赞美诗或倒垃圾
He asks you to collect the hymnals or take out the trash,
你一定会觉得自己很特别
you feel special.
就好像是上帝在让你帮忙
It’s like God asking for help.
所以当他给你讲黄段子时
So maybe it’s a little weird
你可能会觉得有点尴尬
when he tells you a dirty joke.
但这是你们之间的秘密 你便任其发展
But now you got a secret together, so you go along.
他给你看色情杂♥志♥ 你依然任其发展
Then he shows you a porno mag, and you go along.
你一味地容忍♥退让 任其发展
And you go along, and you go along,
直到有一天他让你帮他打飞机或者口♥交♥
until one day he asks you to jerk him off or give him a blow job.
你依然任其发展 因为你已深陷其中
And so you go along with that too because you feel trapped,
因为他已经让你丧失了底线
because he has groomed you.
你怎么能对上帝说不呢
How do you say no to God, right?
所以 你们得明白
See, it is important to understand that
不仅仅是肉体上被侵犯
this is not just physical abuse.
更是精神上的蹂躏
It’s spiritual abuse too.
当神父这样做时 他也夺走了你的信仰
And when a Priest does this to you, he robs you of your faith.
你因此酗酒成性 沉溺毒品
So you reach for the bottle or the needle,
当这些都不管用了 你会选择一了百了
or if those don’t work, you jump off a bridge.
这就是为什么我们管自己叫幸存者
That’s why we call ourselves survivors.
你们读了杰森·贝利的书吗
Have you read Jason Berry’s book?
他写了路易斯安那州的高赛一案
He wrote about the Gauthe case in Louisiana.
-赛是… -比赛的赛
– That’s G… – G-A-U-T-H-E.
还有这本 他和理查德·赛普的谈话
Here. And talk to Richard Sipe.
他以前在教会的治疗中心工作