如果你是为教会文件而来的话
I can’t show you the church documents,
我不能给你看
if that’s what you’re after.
-它们密封着呢 -我知道
– They’re under seal. – Yeah, I know that.
你知道他们曾经三次试图
Did you know they tried to bring me up
让马萨诸塞州监察委传讯我
before the Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers three times?
-他们一直在密切监视我 -教会吗
– They’re watching me very closely. – The church?
对 就是教会
Yeah. The church. Yeah.
他们想取消我的律师资格
They’d like to get me disbarred.
其实… 把纸笔收起来 收起来
In fact… put that away. Put it away.
-好的 -我不想让你以任何形式
– Sure. – I don’t want you recording this
记录本次对话
in any way, shape or form.
笔记或者录音都不行 任何东西都不行
Not on paper, not on tape, nothing.
其实 我都不应该跟你谈话 不送
In fact, I probably shouldn’t even be speaking to you, so…
听着 加拉贝迪安先生
Look, Mr. Garabedian,
我知道有些事你没法告诉我
I know there’s things you cannot tell me.
但我也知道这其中有故事
But I also know there’s a story here,
我觉得这是一个很重要的故事
and I think it’s an important story.
我已经和《凤♥凰♥报》谈过了
I already talked to the Phoenix.
对 我没读那篇文章是有原因的
Yeah, and there’s a reason I didn’t see it.
现在没人看《凤♥凰♥报》了
Nobody reads the Phoenix anymore.
他们破产了 他们没有任何影响力
They’re broke. They don’t have any power.
而《环球报》还有影响力
The Globe does.
如果我们报道出这个故事 大家都会知道的
If we cover this story, everybody will hear about it.
教会目光长远 雷赞德斯先生
The church thinks in centuries, Mr. Rezendes.
你觉得你们报纸能应付得了他们吗
Do you think your paper has the resources to take that on?
我觉得可以
Yeah, I do.
不过原谅我冒昧问一句 你能吗
But if you don’t mind me asking, do you?
我现在没法跟你谈 雷赞德斯先生
I can’t talk to you right now, Mr. Rezendes.
我非常非常忙
I’m very, very busy.
-莎伦 -谢谢
– Sharon? – Thank you.
至少让我跟你的委托人 受害者谈谈吧
Yep. Can I at least talk to some of your clients? The victims?
我很想和他们谈谈
I’d really like to do that.
明天给我打电♥话♥吧 我得考虑考虑
Call me tomorrow. I gotta think about it.
-谢谢你 谢谢 -嗯再见
– Thank you. Thanks. – Yep.
似曾相识的案情
87年性侵案索赔呼声渐起 波特走上麻省法♥院♥受审
我从档案室又找到了些剪报
I got more clips from the library.
把它们放那儿吧
Leave ’em right there.
你们在写关于教会的文章吗
Are you guys doing a story on the church?
没有 我们没写关于教会的文章
No, we are not doing a story on the church.
马特 你找到关于
Matt, you find anything
菲尔·萨维阿诺的资料了吗
on this guy, Phil Saviano?
没有 他是谁
No. Who is he?
他是某个受害者组织中的一员
He’s part of a victims’ organization.
柯克金在波特案之后写了篇关于他的报道
Kurkjian did a story on him right after the Porter case.
-还有个受害者组织 -对
– There’s a victims’ organization? – Yeah.
叫做SNAP
It’s called SNAP.
全称是”遭神父性侵的幸存者网络”
It’s, uh, Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests.
这缩写♥真♥扯[snap有”断裂”意]
Crummy Acronym.
-你想让我去追查他吗 -好 把他找来
– You want me to track him down? – Yeah. Bring him in.
你还需要多长时间才能看完剪报
How much longer you need to get through the clips?
几天吧 剪报有不少呢
I mean, a few days. There’s a lot.
-丽萨还会送来更多 -好的
– Lisa’s still sending up more. – Okay.
伙计们 我发现了另一个神父
Hey, guys. I think I got another Priest.
波士顿大主教区神父因性侵嫌疑遭到起诉
利亚姆·巴雷特
Liam Barrett.
在费城猥亵儿童
Molested some kids in Philly
之后调到波士顿
and was moved to Boston.
做了相同的事情 然后又调走了
Did the same thing and was moved again.
真的吗 和盖根很像啊
Really? That sounds like Geoghan.
-是剪报上的内容吗 -对
– Is that one of our clips? – Yeah.
作者署名迪亚戈·瑞巴蒂内拉 1997年
Byline’s Diego Ribadineira, 1997.
肯定是他在宗教版工作时写的
Must’ve been back when he was working Religion.
-有后续报道吗 -不多 就一篇短篇
– Was there any folo? – Not much. One short piece.
教会选择了和解
The church settled the case.
你认识吉姆·苏利文吧
Don’t you know Jim Sullivan?
认识 怎么了
Yeah. Why?
似乎教会就是请他来帮忙的
Looks like the church brought him in to help out.
天啊 只有曼尼能把球打出内野吗
Jesus. Has anybody but Manny gotten the ball out of the infield?
-没有 -那东西还有什么看头
– Nope. – Why do you even bother with that thing?
它能让我别太关注比赛
It distracts me from the game.
知道还有什么能起到类似效果吗
Know what else is good for that?
对 好主意 我请客
Oh, yeah. Good idea. My round.
-马上回来 有人想要点吃的吗 -不要
– I’ll be right back. Anybody want any food? – No.
-我不用了 -帮我带个热狗
– I’m all set. – Hey, a hot dog.
-你们有什么进展吗 -当然有
– So, you guys making any progress? – Absolutely.
-是个好故事 -为什么
– It’s a good story. – Why?
因为你们是另一批堕落的对教会不满的教♥徒♥
‘Cause you’re another lapsed Catholic pissed off at the church?
-我们挖出了很多好料 -比如
– We’ve got a lot of good stuff. – Like what?
我在看比赛 什么都没听见
I’m just watching the game. Omertà.
他们查到了另外一个神父 利亚姆·巴雷特
They got another Priest… Liam Barrett.
我们报道过他 的确报道过
We reported on him. I’m just saying, we did.
好吧 但这家伙每几年
Okay, but this guy was shuffled
就从一个教区调到另外一个教区
around from parish to parish every few years,
就像盖根和波特
just like Geoghan and Porter.
我觉得这里面有固定的模式
I think there’s a pattern.
听起来没什么料 还查到什么了
Sounds thin. What else you got?
萨沙查到了另一个人
Sacha’s got another guy
他来自某个受害者组织 叫菲尔·萨维阿诺
from a victims’ organization… Phil Saviano.
来自SNAP 天啊 我们也报道过他
From SNAP? Oh, boy. We reported on him too.
我还以为你在看比赛 史蒂夫
I thought you were watching the game, Steve.
那家伙可挺疯的
That guy’s pretty banged up.
我们写过几篇关于他的文章
We did a couple stories on him.
他写信写起来没个完
Guy would not stop writing letters.
他想打一场圣♥战♥
He wants a Holy War.
怎么 不值得跟他谈谈吗
What, so he’s not worth talking to?
-关于加拉贝迪安进展如何 -我正在查
– Where are you on Garabedian? – I’m working on it.
罗比说麦克利什觉得他在虚张声势
Robby says Macleish thinks he’s bluffing.
我觉得其中另有隐情 本
I think there’s something there, Ben.
给我查出点可靠的东西 否则就换题材
Get me something solid, or I’m taking you off it.
我可不想原地打转
I don’t want us chasing our tails on this.
远离那处障碍
Stay away from that trap!
你这辈子也打不到障碍那儿 伙计
You couldn’t reach that trap in a million years, partner.
我之前就打到过障碍那儿
I’ve reached that trap before.
对 保罗也许可以
Yeah. Now, Paul, maybe.
-我们战绩如何 -成绩不错
– How we doing? – We’re good.
-我们两杆领先 -好
– We’re two up on the front. – Good.
新编辑怎么样
How’s that new editor working out?
他不喜欢棒球
Well, he doesn’t like baseball.
但他似乎是个聪明人
But, uh, he seems like a smart guy.
我读过一篇关于他的文章
Yeah, I read an article about him.
里面说他是《环球报》第一位犹太编辑
Said he’s the first Jewish editor of the Globe.
那天真是没啥可写的了
Must have been a slow news day.
-他有家室吗 -没有
– He got a family, this guy? – No.
他没结婚
He is not married.
-离婚了 -我觉得也不是
– Divorced? – I don’t think so, no.
这么说《环球报》的新编辑
So the new editor at the Globe
是个讨厌棒球的信仰犹太教的
is an unmarried man of the Jewish faith
未婚男性
who hates baseball?
-是吧 -职位应该给本的
– Yeah. – Should have given it to Ben.
拜托 他可是布拉德利家的人
He’s a Bradlee, for crying out loud.
我猜是他举手举得不够快
Didn’t raise his hand fast enough, I guess.
顺便说一句
Hey, by the way,
我读了关于巴雷特神父的文章
I’ve been reading about this Priest, Father Barrett.
上面说你参与其中了
Said you were involved with that.
巴雷特 对 那个坏蛋
Barrett, yeah. Bad egg.
湖滨道请求帮助 我就参与了
Lake Street asked for help. I pitched in.
受害者说巴雷特
Victim said Cardinal law
从费城调来时 劳枢机知道他的丑事
knew about Barrett when he came from Philly.
是真的吗
Is that true?
你知道我不能谈案情的 罗比
You know I can’t talk about the case, Robby.
那私下谈谈呢

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!