我只采访过他一次 性格很古怪
I only interviewed him once. He’s kind of a character.
我喜欢有个性的人 我去找他
I like characters. I’ll take him.
好 你负责采访他
Good. You take him.
同时还要跟波特案中
Also, we should be talking to the lawyer
受害人的律师谈谈
who repped the victims in the Porter case.
-埃里克·麦克利什 -那个人总是上电视
– Eric Macleish. – That guy was always on TV.
波特案吗 是什么案情
The Porter case? Remind me.
波特神父 案情差不多
Father Porter, similar story.
约十年前在福尔里弗猥亵过数十名儿童
Molested dozens of kids in Fall River about 10 years ago.
-我们要放弃波士顿警局报道吗 -我同意
– So we’re dropping the Boston PD? – I-I vote yes.
不 只是暂时先放一放
No. Listen, we just gotta set it aside for now.
我不说大家也该知道
I don’t need to tell you guys this.
我们要比往常更加谨慎 明白吗
We need to be more discreet than usual, alright?
所有人都会对这件事感兴趣
Everybody’s going to be interested in this,
不光是《先驱报》
not just the Herald.
在掌握确切内容之前
We can’t let Cardinal Law get wind of this
不能让劳枢机知道此事
till we know what we have.
那祝好运吧
Good luck with that.
你打算什么时候走 奶奶
So when do you leave, nana?
大巴九点在教堂停车场接我们
The bus is picking us up in the church parking lot at 9:00.
一共有四十个人
We have 40 people going.
多米尼克神父跟你们一起吗
And is Father Dominic going?
没有 他说他运气不佳
No. He says he’s unlucky.
但这跟运气没什么关系
But luck has nothing to do with it.
知道吗 上次奶奶赢了160美元
You know, last time nana won $160.
你要跟她说吗
You gonna tell her?
我们还不知道这个报道写不写得成
We don’t even know if there’s a story yet.
《环球报》起诉教会 绝对是个大新闻
Globe sues church? It’s gonna be a story.
丽萨 你能帮我把所有相关剪报找出来吗
Hey, Lisa. Could you pull all the relevant clips on that for me?
好的
Yeah.
这是《聚焦》要用的吗
Is this for Spotlight?
弄好了送过来就行 谢谢
Just drop them off when they’re ready. Thanks.
打扰 你知道发行人的办公室在哪儿吗
Excuse me. Do you know where the publisher’s office is?
没问题
Will do.
你好吗 马蒂
How are you, Marty?
适应了吗
Settling in?
算是适应了吧
Yeah, I think so.
那就好 有什么事吗
Good. What can I do for you?
我想推♥翻♥对盖根案卷宗的保护令
I’d like to challenge the protective order in the Geoghan case.
你想起诉天主教会
You want to sue the Catholic Church?
我们只是提出动议而已 不过你说的也对
We’re just filing a motion, but, uh, yes.
你觉得有那么重要吗
You think it’s that important?

Yes, I do.
因为教会显然会和我们大战一场
Because obviously the church will fight us very hard on this.
肯定会引起我们的订阅者的注意
Which won’t go unnoticed by our subscriber base.
而他们53%都是天主教♥徒♥
53% of them are Catholic.
我想他们会感兴趣的
I think they’ll be interested.
好吧
Okay.
马蒂 湖滨道可能会联♥系♥你
Marty, Lake Street will probably
让你和主教面对面谈话
contact you about a face-to-face with the Cardinal.
-这是惯例 -好
– It’s customary. – Yeah.
他们已经联♥系♥过了 约好了下周见面
They already have. It’s set up for next week.
最好别提起诉的事
I wouldn’t mention this.
有人吗
Hello?
有人吗
Hello?
有什么事吗
Can I help you?
我是《波士顿环球报》的麦克·雷赞德斯
Oh, hi. I’m Mike Rezendes from the Boston Globe.
我来见米切尔·加拉贝迪安
I’m here to see Mitchell Garabedian.
他在打电♥话♥ 请坐
He’s on a call. Please have a seat.

Okay.
好了 我在听 继续说
All right, I’m listening. Go ahead.
好的
Okay.
比尔 那些文件在哪儿
Bill! Where the hell are those papers?
我叫你送到我桌上的
I asked you to put ’em on my desk!
沃尔特·罗宾森大驾光临 荣幸之至啊
The famous Walter Robinson in my conference room.
真高兴再次见到你 埃里克
Good to see you again, Eric.
这是萨沙·法伊弗 这是埃里克·麦克利什
Sacha Pfeiffer, Eric Macleish.
-很高兴见到你 -很高兴见到你
– Nice to meet you. – Nice to meet you.
你不打高尔夫吧
You don’t play golf, do you?
-不打 -好
– Uh, no. – Good.
你这位同事在去年的慈善赛中
Your colleague here took some money off me
从我这儿赢了不少钱
at a charity event last year.
那一杆很幸运
It was a very lucky putt.
顺便说 我当时其实闭着眼呢
I actually had my eyes closed, by the way.
有什么需要我帮忙的吗
So how can I help you guys?
你知道盖根案吧
Uh, you’re familiar with the Geoghan case?
当然 八十位原告
Sure. Eighty plaintiffs.
都是分别立案
All of them individual cases.
加拉贝迪安肯定忙得晕头转向了
Garabedian must be swimming.
对 那针对劳枢机的指控呢
Yeah. And the allegations against Cardinal Law?
知道 挺棘手的
Yeah, it’s tricky.
你们需要理解的是 这种案子很恶心
This is what you need to understand. These are shitty cases.
诉讼时效只有三年
Um, the statute of limitations is only three years,
但大多数受害者很久之后才愿意站出来
and most of these victims don’t come forward till long after that.
-为什么 -因为他们是孩子
– Why is that? – Well, they’re kids, you know.
感到愧疚羞耻
Uh, guilt, shame.
这些孩子大多来自比较保守的社区
And most of these kids come from tough neighborhoods.
没人想承认这种事
Nobody wants to admit this kind of thing.
仅是时限这方面你们就输了
So you’re screwed on the time limit.
就算你们有办法绕过时限问题
And, uh, even if you argue your way around that,
《慈善豁免法》规定赔偿上限是两万元
the charitable immunity statute caps damages at 20 grand.
猥亵一个孩子才赔偿两万
Twenty grand for molesting a child?
对 制度就是这样规定的
That is the way the system is set up, yes.
教会很难对付
The church is tough.
你们最好的机会是把这些官司捅到媒体上
So your best shot is to try these cases in the press,
就像我在波特案时做的那样
uh, like I did on Porter.
但大多数受害者
But, you know, most of the victims,
根本不愿意在电视上露脸
they don’t want to have anything to do with TV.
而且米奇也不是个好说话的人
And, uh, Mitch isn’t exactly a people person.
对 而且如果加拉贝迪安
Yeah. And if Garabedian
无法让受害者面对媒体
can’t get his victims to go before the press,
-那他真的很… -说得对
– then he’s really… – That’s right.
他面前的路非常不好走
He has a long road ahead of him.
我猜他压根就没有针对劳的证据
My guess is he doesn’t have anything on Law.
怎么 你以为他是虚张声势还是…
What? You think he’s bluffing or…
我觉得他是为了争取更好的协议而摆个姿态
I think he’s grandstanding to cut a better deal.
似乎有点冒失
Seems a bit reckless.
难道你没见过米奇·加拉贝迪安
Have you met Mitch Garabedian?
我是让你起草动议 比尔
I asked you to write up that motion, Bill.
我可没让你把它交上去
I didn’t ask you to file it!
比尔
Hey, Bill.
你好
Hi.
你谁啊
Who are you?
我是《波士顿环球报》的麦克·雷赞德斯
I’m Mike Rezendes from the Boston Globe.
我约好了一个小时之前与你会面的
I had an appointment with you about an hour ago.
我没空跟你说话 我很忙 莎伦
I can’t talk to you. I’m very busy. Sharon?
她出去买♥♥咖啡了 她说她马上回来
She went out for coffee. She said she’d be right back.
我正在跟进一篇文章
I’m following up on an article.
-《凤♥凰♥报》那篇吗 -不 《环球报》
– The one in the Phoenix? – No. In the Globe.
-你看《凤♥凰♥报》上那篇了吗 -没看
– Did you see the one in the Phoenix? – No, I didn’t.
我觉得写得非常好 我这儿有一份
I thought it was very good. I have a copy here somewhere.
不麻烦了 我自己能查到
That’s all right. I’ll track it down.
其实我一直在跟进
I’m actually following up on a
艾琳·麦克纳马拉关于你的诉讼的专栏
column that Eileen McNamara wrote about your suit.
是多起诉讼 一共84起
Suits. There are 84 of them.
但不是集体诉讼 你应该先查清情况
It’s not a class action. You should get your facts straight.
对 你说得对 我是该那么做
No, you’re right. I should.
我想收集一些背景资料…
So I’m trying to get some background information on…
你没在录音吧
You’re not recording this, are you?
没有 不经允许我是不会那么做的
Uh, no. I wouldn’t do that without asking.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!