还不能
Uh, no. Not yet.
为什么 我们查出劳了 这就是证据
Why not? We got Law. This is it.
这只是劳庇护一个神父的证据
No, this is Law covering for one Priest.
还有90个呢
There’s another 90 out there.
我们到时候会报道那个故事
Yeah, we’ll print that story when we get it,
但我们现在得先处理这个
but we gotta go with this now.
麦克 这个故事不能着急报道
No, I’m not gonna rush this story, Mike.
罗比 我们别无选择
But we don’t have a choice, Robby.
要是我们不赶紧报道
If we don’t rush to print,
其他人会找到这些信
somebody else is going to find these letters
毁了这篇报道
and butcher the story.
《先驱报》的乔·昆比之前就去过法♥院♥
Joe Quimby from the Herald was at the freaking courthouse.
那我们就写一篇简短报道
So we’ll write a holding story
然后盯紧《先驱报》
and we’ll keep our eye on the Herald.
盯紧《先驱报》
Keep our eye on the Herald?
他们要是报道有误 教堂就会压住一切
They run this and get it wrong, the church will bury it.
-我们必须现在行动 -麦克 麦克
– We gotta do this now. – Mike, Mike.
怎么了 我们为什么还要犹豫呢
What? Why are we hesitating?
巴伦让我们调查劳 这就是证据
Baron told us to get Law. This is Law.
巴伦让我们调查整个体系
Baron told us to get the system.
我们需要全部情况
We need the full scope.
只有查全了才能让这事不再发生
That’s the only thing that will put an end to this.
那我们拿它去找本 让他来决定
Then let’s take it to Ben, let him decide.
我说去找本你才能去找本
We’ll take it to Ben when I say it’s time.
时机到了 罗比 时机到了
It’s time, Robby! It’s time!
他们明知道却放任不管 让孩子们受罪
They knew and they let it happen. To kids!
受害者可能是你 也可能是我
Okay? It could’ve been you. It could’ve been me.
可能是我们中的任何一个人
It could’ve been any of us.
我们得将这些混♥蛋♥绳之以法
We gotta nail these scumbags.
我们得告诉人们
We gotta show people
犯了这种罪 谁都不能逃脱
that nobody can get away with this.
神父不能 主教不能 教皇也不能
Not a Priest or a Cardinal or a freaking Pope!
说完了吗
You finished?
说完了 真是扯淡
Yeah, I am. This is bullshit.
你没事吧
You okay?
没事
Mmm.
汉希
Hey, Hansi.
工作不顺心吗 麦克
Hard day at work, Mike?
-给你 -谢谢
– Here. – Thank you.
我都不知道我为什么那么生气
I-I-I-I don’t know why I got so pissed off.
我觉得罗比说得不对
You know, I think Robby’s wrong.
你只是
You know, you’re just…
你在乎那个故事 麦克 我们都是
you care about the story, Mike. We all do.
大概吧
Yeah, I guess.
我现在不跟奶奶一起去教堂了
I stopped going to church with my Nana.
那 那太难了 我
It was… it was too hard. I…
坐在那儿的时候
you know, I’d be sitting there,
我会开始想
and I would start thinking about
乔·克劳利或者别人
Joe Crowley or someone else,
我就会变得很愤怒
and I just… I just got so angry.
你 你告诉她为什么不去了吗
Did you… did you tell her why?
麦克 她一周去三次教堂
She goes to church three times a week, Mike.
我真的太生气了
It really pisses me off.
知道吗
You know,
我小时候其实很爱去教堂
I actually really liked going to church when I was a little kid.
-为什么不去了呢 -就那些烂事
– Why’d you stop? – Typical shit.
但奇怪的是
But the weird thing is is…
我觉得我
I think I…
我觉得我知道有一天我会
I think I figured that maybe one day I w… I w…
我其实会回去的
I would actually go back.
我其实一直有这个想法
I was really… I was holding on to that.
我读完那些信后
I read those letters, and it…
有些情感就… 毁了
and something just… cracked.
-你感觉肯定很糟糕 -是啊
– It’s a shitty feeling. – Yeah.
我感觉特别糟糕
It’s a shitty feeling.
-很辛苦的一天吧 -你好 彼得
– Looks like a long day. – Hey, Pete.
抱歉要让你更辛苦了
I’m sorry to make it longer.
布莱恩
Brian.
有人拒绝过和你喝酒吗 彼得
Has anyone ever said no to a drink with you, Pete?
当然有
Well, sure.
但只要不停地邀请就好
But the trick is to keep asking.
-为波士顿干杯 -波士顿
– For Boston. – Boston.
你是为枢机主教来的吗
So, um, you here for the Cardinal?
不是 当然不是
Oh, no, no, no, no.
我无权
I wouldn’t… I wouldn’t presume to
替枢机主教说话
speak for the Cardinal, no.
罗比 这里有很多人
You know, you got a lot of people here
尊敬你
who respect you, Robby.
尊敬你所做的工作
Oh, well… the work you do.
很高兴听你这么说
That’s good to know.
那是因为你关心这个地方
It’s ’cause you care about this place.
所以你才会做这些事 你就是这样的人
It’s why you do what you do. It’s who you are.
可是人们需要教会
You know, but people need the church,
现在比以往任何时候都需要
more than ever right now.
你能感觉得到
You know, you can feel it.
至于枢机主教
And the Cardinal, uh…
枢机主教他可能并不完美
you know, the Cardinal, he might not be perfect.
可我们不能
But we can’t throw out
因为几个污点就否定掉一切的好
all the good e’s doing over a few bad apples.
我跟你提这个是因为
Now, you know, I’m bringing this up to you
我知道这是巴伦的主意
because I know this is Baron’s idea.
他的谋划
His agenda.
我告诉你 说实在的
I gotta tell ya, I mean, honest to God,
他不像我们一样关心这座城市
I mean, he doesn’t care about the city the way we do.
他怎么会呢
I mean, how could he?
事情都是这样的吧 彼得
This is how it happens, isn’t it, Pete?
怎样的
What’s that?
一个人向另一个人施压
A guy leans on a guy,
突然间整个城市都对此视若不见
and suddenly the whole town just looks the other way.
罗比 罗比 你听我说
Robby. Robby. Lookit.
马蒂·巴伦只不过是想出名而已
Marty Baron is just trying to make his mark.
他在这儿待几年后
He’s gonna be here for a couple of years
就会去别的地方
and he’s gonna move on.
就像他离开纽约和迈阿密一样
Just like he did in New York and Miami.
可你能去哪里呢
Where are you gonna go?
晚安 罗比 布莱恩
Good night, Robby. Brian.
-彼得 -怎么了
– Hey, uh, Pete. – Yeah?
我们发报道时
Uh, when we do run the story,
需要枢机主教的评论
uh, I’m gonna need a comment from the Cardinal.
这个以后再说 晚安 罗比
We’ll talk again later. Good night, Robby.
晚安 彼得
Night, Pete.
我是罗比
Robby.
什么
What?
不会吧 什么时候
No shit. When?
好的
Okay. Yeah.
各位
Hey.
怎么了
What’s up?
斯威尼判决我们胜诉
Sweeney ruled in our favor.
她判档案解封
She ruled to unseal the documents.
天哪
Geez.
教会已经提起了上诉
The church has already filed an appeal.
但是在这种案件中
But the trial court ruling
一般会维持初审法庭的判决
is generally upheld in these matters.
我们什么时候可以拿到档案
And when would we get the documents?
科恩可能需要花几周宣判
Probably takes Cohen a few weeks to rule.
之后还会有个修订流程
Then there’s a redaction process.
我觉得那些档案一月中旬可以公开
Uh, I’d say they’d be made public mid-January.
-好 -好
– Okay. – All right.
-谢谢你 约翰 -别客气
– Thanks, John. – You bet.
-干得不错 -谢谢
– Nice work. – Thanks.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!