He had this really odd rationalization for it,
似乎猥亵男童是很寻常的事
like it was totally normal to fool around with little boys.
我想要回去 他应该愿意和我们谈
I’d really like to go back. I think he’d talk to us.
我们会的
Oh, we will.
但不是现在
Just not yet.
现在我想让你专注在受害者身上
I want you to stay focused on the victims right now.
萨沙 他们把塔伯特神父送去哪里来着
Sacha, where’d they send father Talbot again?
好像是谢弗斯
Um, I think… wasn’t that Cheverus?
-谢弗斯 就是那里 -等等
– Cheverus. That’s right. – Wait.
波士顿学院高中的塔伯特神父
Father Talbot from BC High?
是 你认识他
Yeah. You know him?
我在校时的神父就是他
Yeah. He was there when I was.
-有他的受害者 -对 住在普罗维登斯
– We have a victim? – Yeah. Lives in Providence.
詹姆斯·塔伯特神父
1972-80 波士顿学院高中
法官大人 这些文件并无涉及个人信息
There’s nothing personal in these documents, your honor.
它们记录了枢机主教如何处理…
They concern how the Cardinal is handling…
请用”教区”一词
say “The Archdiocese.”
什么意思
Excuse me?
不能把一切都推到枢机头上 阿尔巴诺先生
You don’t get to tag the Cardinal with everything, Mr. Albano.
请用”教区”一词
Say “The Archdiocese.”
斯威尼法官 《环球报》并非此案当事人
Judge Sweeney, the Globe is not a party to this case.
他们只想博眼球卖♥♥报纸而已
They just want to sell papers.
如果加拉贝迪安先生没有诽谤枢机主教
If Mr. Garabedian had not smeared the Cardinal’s good name,
我们根本不会在这里
we wouldn’t even be here.
法官大人 我反对使用”诽谤”一词
Your honor, I object to the use of the word “Smear.”
-反对有效 加拉贝迪安先生 -谢谢
– Duly noted, Mr. Garabedian. – Thank you, your honor.
还有其他事情吗 罗杰斯先生
Anything else, Mr. Rogers?
没有 法官大人
No, your honor.
阿尔巴诺先生 你可以继续
Mr. Albano, you may continue.
《环球报》相信…
The Globe believes having…
米奇 你感觉如何
hey, Mitch, how you doing?
我很好
I’m fine.
那个威尔森·罗杰斯真难搞
He’s tough, that Wilson Rogers.
他是个粗心的自大狂
He’s smug. And he’s sloppy.
他看起来不粗心
He doesn’t seem sloppy.
你根本不知道是怎么回事 相信我
You don’t know the half of it. Trust me.
那到底是怎么回事
What’s the half of it?
把我不知道的告诉我 米奇
Tell me the half of it, Mitch.
-私下说 -就私下说
– Off the record? – Off the record, yeah.
三年前我接到一位前神父的电♥话♥
Three years ago, I get a call from an ex-Priest.
安东尼·本泽维奇
Anthony Benzevich.
他在1962年参加了一场圣事
He was at Blessed Sacrament back in ’62,
他看到盖根
and he saw Geoghan…
把小男孩带到卧室里
Taking little boys up to the rectory bedroom, okay?
他很震惊 向主教揭发此事
So he’s appalled, all right? Tells the bishop about it.
主教威胁将他转到南美洲
And the bishop threatens to reassign him to South America.
-天啊 -是的
– Jesus. – Yeah, all right.
35年后本泽维奇看到
So fast-forward 35 years, Benzevich reads
盖根被指控猥亵数百名儿童
that Geoghan has been charged with molesting hundreds of kids.
他觉得很内疚 便打电♥话♥给我
All right? So he feels guilty. He calls me.
所以你得到神父承认在62年
So you have testimony of a Priest
向上层揭发盖根的证词
telling his superiors about Geoghan in ’62?
我并没有
No, I do not.
因为我让本泽维奇过来宣誓作证时
Because when I called Benzevich in to give a deposition,
他却带着律师一同前来
he comes in with a lawyer.
-威尔森·罗杰斯 -没错
– Wilson Rogers. – Right.
突然本泽维奇神父记忆就不好了
And suddenly father Benzevich has a very foggy memory.
什么都不记得 一点用都没有
Can’t remember anything. He’s useless.
我也就继续工作 忘了这事
So I go back to work. I forget about it. Whatever.
直到一年前我看到一篇新闻报道
Until about a year ago, I find an article
提到一位神父曾向教会警告过盖根
about a Priest who warned church officials about Geoghan.
-本泽维奇告诉了报纸 -对
– Benzevich went to the press? – Yeah.
当地小报 《爱国者纪事报》 没有人看
Yeah. Local paper, Patriot Ledger. Nobody saw it.
但既然本泽维奇这么做了
But now I got Benzevich on record.
我便再次提出动议让本泽维奇作证
So I file a motion to depose Benzevich a second time. All right?
结果威尔森·罗杰斯这个狗♥日♥的♥自大狂
And Wilson Rogers, that smug son of a bitch,
他提出了反对我动议的动议
he files a motion opposing my motion.
我就这么就摆了他一道
And that’s when I have him.
怎么摆了他一道
Have… have him how?
罗杰斯反对我的动议 那我得反驳
Rogers opposes my motion, so I have to make an argument
说明为什么我需要
as to why I’m allowed to
再次请本泽维奇神父作证
depose father Benzevich a second time, okay?
只不过这次我可以附加证据
But this time, I’m allowed to attach exhibits.
你懂我的意思吗
Do you follow what I’m saying?
-被密封的内部文件 -对
– The sealed documents? – Yes.
我可以将我发现的封存文件
I can attach the sealed documents
作为证物 雷赞德斯先生
that I’ve gotten in discovery, Mr. Rezendes,
就是你们报纸眼下打官司想要的文件
the same documents that your paper is currently suing for.
你在耍我吗
You’re shitting me.
什么 不 我没有耍你
What? No. No, I’m not shitting you.
我抽出了14份最要命的文件
So I pull out the 14 most damning docs
我把它们附在我的动议里
and I attach them to my motion.
它们证明了一切 一切
And they prove everything. Everything.
关于教会 主教和劳
About the church, about the bishops, about Law.
文件是公开的吗
And it’s all public?
因为你反对罗杰斯动议的动议
Because your motion to oppose Rogers’ motion…
都是公开的
is public.
没错 你终于懂我的意思了
Yeah. Exactly. Now you’re paying attention.
所以我可以直接走进
So I could just walk into that
法♥院♥去拿这些文件
courthouse right now and get those documents?
不行 你不能 因为文件不在那里
No, you cannot, because the documents are not there.
可是你刚才说它们是公开的
But you just said they’re public.
没错 但这里是波士顿
I know I did. But this is Boston.
教会不想让人找到这些文件
And the church does not want them to be found.
所以它们不在那里
So they are not there.
米奇 你的意思是天主教会
Mitch, are you telling me that the catholic church
从法♥院♥里取走了法律性文书吗
removed legal documents from that courthouse?
我没有疯 也没有疑神疑鬼
Look, I’m not crazy. I’m not paranoid.
这种事我见得多了
I’m experienced.
去查诉讼事件表就知道了
Check the docket. You’ll see.
他们控制了一切
They control everything.
一切
Everything.
我要回去了
I gotta go back in.
我找到了那些该死的文件
I just got the fucking documents.
诉讼事件表49号♥ 盖根案
Docket entry number 49, in the Geoghan case.
-谢谢 -我们还有十分钟关门
– Okay, thanks. – We close in 10 minutes.
十分钟 好吧
Ten minutes? All right.
詹姆斯·F·塔伯特神父
-我是罗比 -是我
– Robby. – Hey, it’s me.
你一定不会相信
Hey. You’re not gonna believe it.
加拉贝迪安给了我线索
Garabedian gave me a tip.
有些封存文件早就被公开了
Some of the sealed docs are already public.
就附在他提出的动议里
They’re part of a motion he filed.
他说那全是教会的要害
He said they’re the best of the bunch.
我们不用等斯威尼的裁决
We don’t have to wait for Sweeney’s ruling.
我们可以拿到吗
So we can get them?
对 但是它们不在那里
Yeah, but they’re not there.
我跟阿尔巴诺谈过了
Already talked to Albano.
他说我们只需提出动议
He said all we have to do is file a motion,
斯威尼会让米奇重新提交那些文件
and Sweeney will order Mitch to refile the docs.
你觉得这些文件是…
And you think these documents are…
他说14份文件就够了 能带来巨大影响
he said these 14 docs are all we need. They’re huge.

Okay.
我去联♥系♥本 做得好
I’ll call Ben. Good work.
波士顿环球报
这是一起单纯的事故
Is this purely an accident
还是属于早有预谋
or could this have been an intentional act?
无论如何 世贸中心已遭严重损毁
Either way, extensive damage has been done to this building.
怎么了
What happened?
他们说这是假飞机 但不像是假的
They’re saying it’s a prop plane, but that’s not a prop plane.
让琳达召集所有当值记者
Tell Linda to get every reporter we have in here now.
为遇难者祈祷

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!