– Welsh. – Yep.
-就这么多吗 -就这么多
– That’s it. – That’s it.
-该死 -罗比
– Holy shit. – Robby.
只比赛普估计的少三个 真不可思议
That’s three off Sipe’s estimate. That’s incredible.
罗比
Robby.
-几个 -87个
– How many? – Eighty-seven.
光波士顿就有87个神父
Eighty-seven Priests in Boston.
-联♥系♥麦克利什 我要跟他通话 -好的
– Call Macleish. I wanna talk to him. – Okay.
-能把它打印出来吗 -当然能
– Can you print it? – Sure can.
吉姆·苏利文的办公室
Jim Sullivan’s office.
我是沃尔特·罗宾森找吉姆·苏利文
Yeah, Walter Robinson for Jim Sullivan.
请转告他有重要的事情
Tell him it’s important, please.
请稍等
One moment, please.
罗比 有什么事吗
Hey, Robby. Everything okay?
你得告诉我件事 吉姆
I need you to tell me something, Jim.
-会是90个神父吗 -什么
– Could it be 90 Priests? – What?
会有90个那么多吗
Could it be as high as 90?
天哪 罗比
Jesus, Robby.
我得知道 吉姆
I need to know, Jim.
要是不重要我根本就不会问
I wouldn’t be asking if it wasn’t important.
你得停手了 罗比
You gotta stop this, Robby.
罗比 麦克利什的助理
Robby, Macleish’s assistant
说他的时间都订满了 他没法见我们
said he’s all booked up. He can’t see us.
扯 没法见才怪
Yeah. Well, the hell he can’t.
好 那会很有意思
All right. That’ll be fun.
你先走一步 我一会去找你 好吗
You know what? I’ll catch up with you, okay?
-好的 -两位好
– Okay. – Hey.
真的很抱歉 二位
Guys, I’m really sorry. I am.
我现在实在没时间跟你们聊
I don’t have any time to talk right now…
麦克利什先生 我们有理由相信
Mr. Macleish, we have reason to believe
波士顿有
that there are allegations
多达87个神父曾受到指控
against as many as 87 Priests in Boston.
我不能和你们谈论这些
I can’t talk to you about that.
你觉得这个数字合理吗
Does that number sound right to you?
你在开玩笑吗
You gotta be kidding me.
刚才说了我现在没时间聊这破事
I just told you I don’t have time for this crap now.
埃里克 你做了多少个神父的和解
Eric, how many Priests did you settle?
罗比 你知道我不能告诉你
Robby, you know I can’t tell you that.
你要给我神父的名单
You’re gonna give me the names
还有受害者的名单
and the names of their victims.
你是在威胁我吗
Are you threatening me?
我们现在有两个故事
We’ve got two stories here.
一个故事讲堕落的神父
We’ve got a story about degenerate Clergy,
一个故事讲一群律师
and we’ve got a story about a bunch of lawyers
用虐待儿童的事赚钱
turning child abuse into a cottage industry.
你想让我们写哪个故事
Now, which story do you want us to write?
因为我们正准备下笔呢
‘Cause we’re writing one of ’em.
我已经把名单发给你们了
I already sent you a list of names.
你说什么呢 发给谁了
What are you talking about? To whom?
《环球报》 很多年前了
The Globe. Years ago.
波特案之后 我接到了很多电♥话♥
After the Porter case, I got plenty of calls.
我知道光波士顿就有20个神父
I had 20 Priests in Boston alone,
但没有媒体我没法起诉他们
but I couldn’t go after them without the press.
所以我给你们发了名单
So I sent you guys a list of names,
可你们给压下了
and you buried it.
我明天就想要这些名字
I want those names tomorrow.
回去查你们该死的剪报吧 罗比
Check your goddamn clips, Robby.
我们在剪报里什么也没发现
We didn’t find anything in the clips.
是 多意外啊
Yeah. Big surprise.
理查德 你还去做弥撒吗
Richard, uh, do you still go to Mass?
不 我已经很久没去教堂了
No. No, I haven’t been to church for some time now.
但我仍然认为自己是个天主教♥徒♥
But I still consider myself a catholic.
你是怎么做到的
H-How does that work?
教会是个机构 麦克 由人组成
Well, the church is an institution, Mike, made of men.
人总会死的
It’s passing.
而我的信仰是永恒的
My faith is in the eternal.
我努力把它们分开
I try to separate the two.
-好像很难做到 -是的
– Sounds tricky. – It is.
特别是因为教会一直在找我的茬
Especially since the church continues to go after me.
麦克 真的很吃力
It takes a toll, Mike.
他们会阻止每个试图开口的人
They’ll try to silence anyone who speaks out.
我敢肯定他们很快就会来找你们
I’m sure they’ll come after you and your team soon enough.
是吗 那你觉得他们会怎么找我们
Really. And how do you think they’d do that?
喂
Hello?
理查德
Richard?
哪位
Who is it?
我是坎特伯雷大主教
It’s the Archbishop of Canterbury.
我在桑塔皮奥[披萨店]吃的晚饭
I had dinner at Santarpio’s.
剩了些披萨
Had some leftovers.
你真是太好了 谢谢
Ah, you’re the freakin’ best. Thanks.
-要瓶啤酒吗 -要
– You want a beer? – Yeah.
给你拿
You got it.
天哪 你还要在这个鬼地方待多久
Jesus. How much longer you gonna be in this shithole?
我在想办法搬回去
Yeah. I’m working on it.
她是个好姑娘 麦克
She’s a good girl, Mike.
她是挺好 我们会处理好的
Yeah, she is. We’ll figure it out.
我就是最近不太有时间
I haven’t had a lot of time lately.
其实我刚才还在跟赛普打电♥话♥
I just got off the phone with Sipe, actually.
你跟这个人见过面吗
Have you met this guy in person yet?
没 但是他对这件事实在太过了解
No, but his knowledge of this is on a whole other level.
我快饿死了
I’m frickin’ starving.
我们对这90个调查得怎么样了
So, where are we with the 90?
快了
We’re close.
-有多快 -快了
– How close? – We’re close.
别绕圈子了 行吗
Just answer the question, will you?
我们找到了87个名字
We got 87 names.
我们正在确认 我觉得快了
We’re trying to get confirmation. I think we will.
你有什么烦心事吗
Something bugging you?
只是有些意外
It’s just surprising, that’s all.
是很意外
Yeah. Yeah, it is.
大家都没想到
For everybody.
等等 本 忘了问你了
Wait, Ben. I forgot to ask you.
菲尔·萨维阿诺说他很多年前
Phil Saviano said he sent
曾给《环球报》发了一堆信息
a bunch of info over to the Globe years ago.
你知道当年是谁收了吗
Do you have any idea to who?
不知道 怎么了
No. Why?
只是好奇而已 我想看看
I’m just curious. I wanted to see
还有没有什么你们没找到的线索
if there’s any leads you guys didn’t run out.
5年前 萨维阿诺就是个垃圾
Saviano was a fucking train wreck five years ago.
我们没错过任何线索
We didn’t miss anything.
这个故事需要聚焦
This story needed Spotlight.
我同意 我只是在调查
Yeah, I agree. I’m just following up.
-晚安 -晚安
– Good night. – Yeah, good night.
这太难以置信了 你是什么时候拿到的
This is unbelievable. When did you get this?
麦克利什今天早上电子邮件发过来的
Macleish e-mailed the list this morning.
他和解了45个神父的案子
He settled cases against 45 Priests.
劳枢机查得怎么样了
Where are we on Law?
有迹象看出来他知道这个吗
Anything that shows he had knowledge of this?
我们还在做加拉贝迪安的工作
We’re still working Garabedian.
但还没有确凿的信息
But nothing concrete.
我一直在想有天晚上我们讨论提到的
I keep thinking about that conversation we had the other night
我们报道波特的案子时
about how Law called down the power of God
劳是怎么”召唤了上帝的力量”
when we reported on Porter.
他就是这样的人
That’s just Law being Law.
好吧 可我查了剪报
Okay. But I checked the clips, and,
发现波特甚至都不是波士顿教区的
uh, Porter isn’t even in the Boston Archdiocese.
他是福尔河的 所以
He’s from Fall River. So…
他为什么反应那么极端
why the extreme reaction?
劳一定是知道
Law had to know.
所以他才会是那种反应
That’s why he had the reaction.
因为他知道还有其他人