Oh, my God.
呃,鲍勃和我今晚睡垫子就好
Um, Bob and I are gonna sleep on the futon,
所以,被单放在哪儿?
so, um, where are the sheets?
-呃,在楼下 -这样吧。我去拿…
-Uh, they’re down the hall. -You know what, I’ll go…
我帮你们把被单拿上来
I’ll get the sheets for you.
所以你的酒友还知道你的被单放在哪儿?
So, your friend from the bar knows where your sheets are?
对,他在这儿暂住过几次
Yeah, he’s crashed here a few times on the futon,
所以他知道被单放在哪儿
so he knows where the sheets are.
真是朋友?
A friend?
是。是朋友
Yeah. A friend.
-只是朋友? -对,妈。只是朋友
-Just a friend? -Yes, Mom. Just a friend.
这到底是怎么回事啦?他…他到底是谁?
What is going on here? Who… Who is this guy?
什么情况?为什么他还留在这里?
What’s happening? Why is he still here?
我不明白。你的表现好奇怪
I don’t understand. You are acting so weird,
你甚至都不敢正眼看我们…
and you don’t even look us in the face…
-你的表现太奇怪了 -他是我男朋友,妈
-You’re acting so weird. -He’s my boyfriend, Mom.
-你男朋友? -对
-Your boyfriend? -Yes.
我…
I’m…
我是同志
I’m gay.
我也是同志
I’m gay, too.
我也一样
I am also gay.
我真的是
I am.
为什么你都不告诉我?
Why couldn’t you tell me that?
为什么要藏着掖着?我是这么糟糕的母亲吗?
Why did you keep it such a secret? What, am I some horrible monster?
-有什么不能跟我说的? -不是,妈
-You can’t say that to me? -No, Mom.
你非得瞒我一辈子是不是?
You have to just hide it all the time?
我不知道怎么跟你说
I didn’t know how to tell you.
-我不知道你会有什么样的反应 -我不理解
-I didn’t know how you’d react. -I don’t understand
-你为什么要这样 -这不是三言两语就能说…
-why you would do that. -It’s not an easy thing to…
得清楚的。真的不好开口…
talk about. It’s not just easy to…
我觉得这样挺好,基特
I think it’s great, Kit.
我觉得你们在一起挺好…
I think it’s great that you gays…
能够彼此相伴,呃…
That you guys have each other and, uh…
或许我们看着不像,实际上我们
We may not look like it, but we are actually
是有点嬉皮士精神在的,你母亲和我…
kind of hip, your mother and I, and…
我们原本要去伍德斯托克摇滚音乐节
We were gonna go to Woodstock, you know.
是嘛
Oh, yeah.
我们票都买♥♥好了,只是没去
We had the tickets, but we didn’t go.
我只是不懂为什么你不愿意跟我说
I just don’t know why you wouldn’t tell me.
我总是打给你。询问你的近况
I call you all the time. I say, “How are you doing?
有什么趣事?有没有遇见谁?
“What’s new? Who are you seeing?”
你本来可以直接的“我跟你说”
You could’ve just said, “You know what,”
-很久之前 -很难,玛丽莲
-a long time ago. -It’s hard, Marilyn.
-很难 -把我当成外人似的
-It’s hard. -Like I’m an outsider or something.
你好,迈克
Hello, Mike.
很高兴认识你
Gosh, good to meet you.
我也很高兴认识你,玛丽莲
It’s nice to meet you, too, Marilyn.
噢,我的天!
Oh, my God.
正在播放Peter Bjorn and John的《Eyes》
鲍勃和玛丽莲回米勒斯堡之后不久
It wasn’t long after Bob and Marilyn went back to Millersburg
我们就搬到一起同居了
that we moved in to our first apartment together.
这个应该挂哪儿?
Where should this go?
不懂。这个又该放哪儿?
I don’t know. Where should this go?
那个颜色酷毙了
That’s cold as hell.
-那个颜色太沉闷 -烟灰色
-That’s so moody. -Dusty rusty.
公♥寓♥甚至附带了一个室外空间
And it even had an outdoor space,
在纽约这个寸土寸金的地方,绝对属于殿堂级别的了
which, by New York standards, made it positively palatial.
哇哦!
Whoa!
为什么我还不付诸行动
Why I didn’t put myself together
只要你一出现
As soon as you appeared into my eyes
只要鼓起勇气开个头就好了
Being just one step from being well
-干杯!敬我们 -敬我们
-Cheers. To us. -To us.
正在播放Jocelyn Mackenzie and Uncle Monsterface的
《Never Stop Believing in Santa Claus》
始终相信有圣诞老人
Never stop believing in Santa Claus
他确实存在,千真万确
He’s alive, of course
活在每个孩子心中也活在我们心中…
Living in the child in every one of us…
好了。你可以出来了
Okay. You can come out now.
嗒哒~我们第一棵圣诞树。由你的真命天子亲手装饰
Ta-da. Our very first Christmas tree. Decorated by yours truly.
啊哈。是嘛。这…
Uh-huh. Yes. It’s, um…
-怎么? -好多彩条
-What? -A lot of tinsel.
当然要有彩条了
There’s tinsel on there, yes.
啊哈。我还看到一两个蓝精灵
Uh-huh. And I see a Smurf or two.
-确实是有些蓝精灵 -行,没问题
-There are some Smurfs. Yes. -Yes, of course. Yes.
还有一个星型装饰的照明系统
And an entire solar system with a star.
星星很漂亮呀
That’s a pretty star.
-你不喜欢 -我没有不喜欢
-You hate it. -I don’t hate it.
-不,你不喜欢 -这是你说的
-No, you hate it. -It’s very you.
-过来。躺下 -你要干嘛
-Come here. Get down here. -What are we doing?
躺到树下
Get under the tree.
这也是装饰的一部分?
Is this part of decorating the tree?
-有点像是我的仪式感 -行吧
-It’s part of my tradition. -Okay.
小的时候,每年我都会在树下躺很久
Every year, when I was young, I would lay under the tree for hours
听我父母到处走动
listening to my parents moving around,
为节日做准备
getting everything ready for the holidays.
-怎么? -迈克
-What? -Mike.
怎么嘛?
What?
你对圣诞节的爱真是…
Your love of Christmas is…
强烈?
Inspiring?
-呃,是。是吧,我们… -就是强烈
-Uh, yeah. Yeah, let’s… -It’s inspiring.
-就算是强烈吧 -确实强烈。必须的
-Let’s go with inspiring. -It’s inspiring. Yeah.
我就知道你会这么说
That’s what I thought you were gonna say.
我有一个幻想
I have this fantasy.
或者说…更像是一个圣诞愿望
Or it’s… maybe it’s more like a Christmas wish,
即使当我慢慢长大
but that, even when I’m older,
我还会像现在这样,和父母躺在树下
I will lie under the tree like this with my partner,
享受和感激此刻的美好
and we’ll just take a moment to appreciate this beauty.
就算老到走不动
And even though we’re old and it’s getting harder to move
躺在树下都会腰酸背痛的时候
and lying under the tree really hurt our backs,
我们仍然感激,因为我们拥有彼此
we’re still grateful because we have each other.
非常美好
Well, that’s very nice.
-是的 -嗯
-Yeah. -Hmm.
我有个主意
I have an idea.
我们来拍基特和迈克第一周年的圣诞照片
We’re taking the first annual Kit and Mike Christmas photo.
你也没那么不识趣嘛
You’re not so Scrooge-y after all.
-五秒钟倒计时 -你可真是专业
-We’ve got five seconds. -You are a pro.
好。好了
Yeah. Yes.
-微笑 -在笑了
-Smile. -I am.
圣诞节!
Christmas!
正在播放Mitch Ryder的《Sleigh Ride》
Just hear those sleigh bells jingling
Ring-ting-tingling, too…
用圣诞计“树”你就知道时间过得有多快了
Years go by pretty quickly when you count by Christmas trees.
-迈克 -嗯?
-Michael. -Yes?
你不会是在用红酒杯喝健怡可乐吧
You’re drinking Diet Coke out of a wineglass.
-那可真是优雅 -噢,实际上
-That’s pretty chic. -Oh, actually,
红酒杯里装的是红酒,妮娜
this is wine in a wineglass, Nina.
噢,他都喝了半瓶了呢
Oh, he’s already had half a bottle.
-喔,你倒是用瓶塞封起来呀,基特 -这是…什么红酒双关语么?
-Oh, put a cork in it, Kit. -Is it… a wine pun?
意外的还真是个红酒双关语呢
That accidentally was a wine pun.
对,确实是
Yes, it was.
我叫尼克,顺便说一句
I’m Nick, by the way.
呃,珂碧
Uh, Kirby.
乔
Jo.
-嘿 -嘿
-Hey. -Hey.
你们俩是一对?
Are you two a couple?
-是的 -对
-Yes. -Yeah.
珂碧是我以前的室友
Kirby used to be my roommate.
干杯
Cheers.
谢了
Thanks.
我想敬迈克和基特一杯
Well, I would like to make a toast to Michael and Kit.
你们真的很登对。对我来说也是一个很大的激励
You guys are such a great couple. And you’ve been a huge inspiration to me.
你看,13年了
I mean, 13 years.
这对任何伴侣来说都是非常长的时间