Hey.
-嗨 -你在干嘛?
-Hi. -What are you doing?
你查了?
Did you google it?
我当然要查了
Of course I googled it.
-都跟你说了别查,迈克 -那…
-I asked you not to, Mike. -Well…
网络只会告诉你你要死了
The Internet just tells you you’re gonna die.
而且你不是医生,你也看不懂
And you’re not a doctor, so you won’t understand anyway.
这又不是我第一次遇到癌症了,基特
This isn’t exactly my first run-in with cancer, Kit.
正是如此。我才不想吓到你
Exactly. I don’t want this to freak you out.
我也不想这么早下结论,所以拜托,别查了
And I don’t want to jump to conclusions, so please, hold off.
我查到了一些显然是纽约当地肿瘤专家的名字
I found the names of who are apparently the best oncologists in New York,
并且已经跟他们预约好了
and I already made appointments with them.
-他们下周有空 -我不想让你经历这些
-They’re for next week. -I don’t want to drag you through this.
我甚至不确定我们现在是什么样的关系…
We don’t even know where we are right now…
我不在乎
I don’t care where we are right now.
我不会让你独自经历这些。这件事情上你没得选
I’m not letting you go through this alone. You don’t get a choice in that matter.
这周你得住在这里。这些医生都在曼哈顿
And you should stay here this week. All these doctors are in Manhattan.
普通人真是等到死都等不到的
Perfectly healthy people have died waiting on the L Train.
我好怕
I’m scared.
我也怕
I’m scared, too.
通常来说
Generally speaking,
直肠癌非常普遍治愈率也很高
rectal cancer is fairly common and highly treatable.
克里斯托弗,我要告诉你哥哥…
Christopher, I was telling your brother when…
不不不。我不是他哥哥
No, no, no. I’m not his brother.
噢,抱歉。呃,我们在靠近直肠下部
Oh, sorry. Uh, there are multiple nodules
发现大量小瘤
adjacent to the inferior rectum which are presumably related
很可能与之前检出的神经内分泌肿瘤相关
to the neuroendocrine tumor that was biopsied.
你说过很乐观
Well, you sound optimistic.
确实是有乐观的余地
There’s definitely room for optimism here.
像这样的神经内分泌肿瘤
With a neuroendocrine tumor,
结合病理学报告上看到的信息
particularly with what I see in the pathology report,
我相信很容易治疗和控制
it’s very amenable to therapy.
所以这不是恶性肿瘤?
So this is not one of the more aggressive ones?
对。神经内分泌肿瘤不是恶性的
Correct. Neuroendocrine tumors are not aggressive.
所以,放心吧
So, take a deep breath.
起初看来
It was beginning to seem like
我们似乎躲过了最糟糕的癌症诊断结果
we might dodge a worst-case cancer diagnosis.
假如确诊,我们最后见的那位医生
And as if to seal the deal, our final doctor looked like
就不会像是完美妆发
she stepped straight out of hair and makeup
走进电视直播间
and onto the set of a TV show.
那样美好
A good one.
我甚至都要爱上她了
I was in love with her.
直到她开口
Until she opened her mouth.
你患上的是恶性神经内分泌肿瘤
You have an extremely aggressive form of neuroendocrine cancer.
像你这样的情况我们称之为高危类型
Your tumor is what we call high-grade.
抱歉,你说什么?
I’m sorry, what?
如果你决定在这儿治疗,我希望能够尽快开始。
If you decide to get your treatment here, I would like to start as soon as possible.
我们看过其他医生
The other doctors that we talked to,
他们说这不是严重的类型
they said that this wasn’t the aggressive kind.
他们误诊了
And they’re wrong.
而且像他这样的情况已经算是晚期了
And his is already at a very advanced stage.
你是指多少期?
What stage are we talking?
四期
Stage four.
我很抱歉
I’m sorry.
他最快可以什么时候开始治疗?
How soon should he start treatment?
理想情况下,周一,先给他做化疗
Ideally, Monday, uh, he would start chemotherapy.
我想静静
I need a minute.
这里可以吗?
This good?
-谢谢 -不客气
-Thank you. -You’re welcome.
你想吃什么?
What are you gonna get?
平常那些
What I always get.
好的
Okay.
给你。想好了吗?
Here you go. You ready?
嗯。一份牛排塔可
Yeah. I’ll do the steak tacos.
-好的 -麻烦再来一罐健怡可乐
-Okay. -Can I get a Diet Coke, please?
-好的 -谢谢
-Sure. -Thank you.
唔…
Ooh…
最近有跟你妈联♥系♥么?
Have you talked to your mom lately?
-没 -因为她一直打给我
-No. -Because she keeps calling me.
问你在干嘛为什么不跟她联♥系♥
And I’m running out of excuses
我都已经想不出借口了
of where you are and why you can’t talk to her.
我觉得她很担心你
And I think she’s getting worried.
她甚至不知道我们已经分居了
She doesn’t even know we’re not living together.
我认为我们周末应该开车过去看看他们
I think maybe we should drive down there this weekend.
我还没准备好告诉他们
I’m not ready to tell them.
我认为必须的
I think we have to.
正在播放Fleet Foxes的《Quiet Houses》
我喜欢这首歌♥
I love this song.
怎么?
What?
什么?
What?
你盯着我看
You’re looking at me.
Lay me down
Lay me down
Lay me down
Lay me down
Lay me down
Lay me down
Lay me down
Lay me down.

Mom.
-啊!你们到了 -嗨
-Ah! They’re here. -Hi.

Hi.
太好了!
Yay!
-嗨,玛丽莲。嗨 -嗨,迈克。嗨
-Hi, Marilyn. Hi. -Hi, Michael. Hi.
-很高兴见到你 -喔,请进,请进
-It’s good to see you. -Oh, come in, come in.
-一路上怎么样? -挺顺利
-How was the drive? -Oh, it was good.
-挺好的 你懂的,像平常一样久
-Yeah, it was fine. -You know, long as usual,
-还是平安到达了 -妈
-but I like making it. -Mom.
-你的发型,挺好看 -噢!
-Your hair, it’s nice. -Oh!
-变白了好多。大概。-你做了烫卷
-It got so gray. I don’t know. -It’s got volume and bounce.
-挺好看的 -你觉得呢
-It’s pretty. -Do you think
-我要染发吗? -不用,现在这样就好
-I should color it? -No, I love the color.
很美。什么东西这么香
It’s beautiful. Something smells delicious.
别碰!我还在煮…
Don’t you touch that! I’m cooking something.
-等下。等下。鲍勃! -好啦
-Wait. Wait. Bob! -Okay.
孩子们到了
The boys are here!
-马上到! -来…
-I’m coming! -Come…
你快来拿一下他们的行李
Come grab their bags, will you?
我还是提那个袋子好了。没事
I’m just gonna take the bag. It’s fine.
你们两个一定饿着肚子。你饿不饿?
You boys must be starving. Are you starving?
-我不饿 -我帮你们做点零食
-I’m okay. -I can make you snacks.
不用,我只是查看一下冰箱
No, I was just checking the fridge.
我们在加油站吃了点三明治
We got some sandwiches at the gas station, so…
-在加油站吃? -可以了
-From a gas station? -They were fine.
加油站的三明治怎么能吃
You can’t eat sandwiches that come from a gas station.
我们不想花太多时间在…
We didn’t want to spend much time in the…
-就很方便啊 -噢…鲍勃!
-It was easy. -Oh, for… Bob!
-快来拿一下他们的袋子! -妈
-Come on and get their bags! -Mom.
-快点。他们到了 -马上就到,玛丽!
-Come on. They’re here. -I’m coming, Mare!
他听到了。他来了
He hears you. He’s coming.
就不能给我点时间收拾一下
Why didn’t you just give me some time to clean up?
-直接就是在路上了 -够整洁了
-You say you’re on your way. -It’s clean.
能不能事先给我一点
You just have to give me just a little bit
-提醒 -好啦
-of notice, you know. -It’s fine.
让我看看是哪只小猫悄咪♥咪♥的来了
Well, look what the cat dragged in.
-你好,你个帅气的小伙子 -嘿,爸
-Hello, you handsome devil. -Hey, Dad.
嗨,小K。你好。你好
Hi, Kitty. How are you? How are you?
-很高兴见到你 -你还好吗?很高兴见到你
-Good to see you. -How are you? Good to see you.
-嘿,鲍勃 -另一个帅气的小伙子
-Hey, Bob. -Equally handsome devil.
-非常感谢 -你好
-Thank you very much. -Hello!
-迈克,外套不错 -谢谢
-Michael, I love this coat. -Thank you.
是驼毛的吗?我听说
Is it camel hair? Because I’m hearing
驼毛在这个季节非常…流行
that camel hair is very… is big this season.
-我觉得… -驼毛?
-I think it… -Camel hair?
像你这么土的人怎么会知道驼毛

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!