This is the secret of old age.
什么都变得反一反
Everything becomes just the opposite.
你知道是谁弄得天下大乱呐?
Do you know who makes the most trouble in the world?
老家伙
Old people.
他们天天发愁
They are always worrying
等他们死了以后天下会变成什么样子
what is going to be in the world tomorrow after they are gone.
所以要打仗啦
That’s why they have wars.
因为老家伙除了战争 嫌别的都不够刺♥激♥
Because old people got nothing else they can get excited about.
好吧 为青春干杯
Well, we will drink to you,
为我们过去年幼无知干杯
to when we are young and know nothing except living.
阿力克斯 阿力克斯 你怎么了
Alex. Alex, are you all right?
早上好
Good morning.
我挺好 谢谢
Yes, I am all right, thank you.
我坐着睡着了 – 是啊
I fell asleep in the chair. – Yes.
几点了?- 七点了
What time is it? – 7:00.
我正在做梦我今天早上有好喝的咖啡
I was dreaming this morning I get some real coffee.
我的丈夫大概很早就出去了 你有没有…
My husband must have gone out very early this morning. You didn’t happen…
他没有出去 他在那边沙发上
He didn’t go out. He’s over there on the couch.
他没事 他睡着了
He’s all right. He’s sleeping fine.
好孩子 你当我阿力克斯·布鲁诺夫
My dear child, do you think old Alex Brulov,
当代精神病学里的最大权威
one of the biggest brains who is in psychiatry,
连2加2等于4都算不出来?
is unable to make out two and two come out four?
是不该瞒你
I should have known.
你们一来我看见你丈夫瞳孔放大了
The moment I see you with a husband whose pupils are enlarged,
他的左手有点颤抖
who has a tremor of the left hand,
他度蜜月不带行李
who’s on a honeymoon with no baggage,
他的名字叫约翰·布朗
and whose name is John Brown,
我就猜到怎么回事了
I know practically what is going on.
出事了?
What happened?
不出我的预料
Only what I expected.
对这样一个危险的病人可不能麻痹大意
There is no use taking chances with a possibly dangerous case.
我就在这儿坐等
I sit here waiting.
你要一叫 我就上来
If you scream, I am ready.
后来他下楼来啦
So he comes downstairs, and he’s dangerous.
不怀好意 满脸杀气
I can see by his face.
我就跟他瞎扯
So I keep talking
在一杯牛奶里放了一些安♥眠♥药♥
while I put some bromide into a glass of milk.
足够催眠三匹马的
Enough to knock out three horses.
他入睡后 我上楼看去
When he falls down, I run up to see you.
你却睡得像婴儿般香甜
You are sleeping like a baby,
然后回来看着他
and I come back here to watch out.
有时候他在治疗里非常激动
The struggle against his condition agitates him at times,
可他不会行凶的
but there’s no danger in him.
昨晚我在他手里发现的
This is what I found in his hand last night.
他不知道有刀 阿力克斯 别这么想
He didn’t know he had that. Alex, you mustn’t think that.
他不是想杀害你 他不是的
He didn’t try to do anything to you, he couldn’t.
好孩子 他是个精神病人
My dear child, he’s not responsible.
不完全是
But that’s not correct.
他这种病例我比你接触得多
I’m just a little more experienced with his type than you.
我承认你要比我懂得多 可是这我…
I grant you know infinitely more than I do but in this case…
不要用女人习惯的顶嘴方法来说完这句话
Do not complete this sentence with the usual female contradictions.
你承认我要比你懂
You grant me I know more than you.
可说到后来你又比我懂
But on the other hand you know more than me.
你们女人
Women’s talk.
那你准备怎么办
Alex, what are you going to do?
不是为我 是为你好 我要报♥警♥察局
Something more for you, than for me. I’m calling the police.
不 别报 我…
No, no, please…
你是我学生 你给我下命令
You are giving me orders. My own pupil.
你不了解他 你就懂科学
You don’t know this man, you know only science.
就懂他的病 不懂他的心
You know his mind, but you don’t know his heart.
这是个患精神分♥裂♥症的人
We are speaking of a schizophrenic,
不是一个情人
and not a valentine.
可他也是个人
We are speaking of a man.
我看出来了
I see.
爱情
Love.
看看你
Look at you.
彼得森大夫 前程有望的心理分♥析♥师
Dr. Petersen, the promising psychoanalyst,
竟如此落魄
is now all of a sudden
竟如女学生般为爱昏了头
a schoolgirl in love with an actor, nothing else.
阿力克斯 你听我说说
Alex, let me tell you about him.
还有什么可说的
What is there for you to say?
我们都知道热恋中的女人
We both know that the mind of a woman in love
她们的智力是处在最低级状态
is operating on the lowest level of the intellect.
医生叫我早上不要抽烟 可我太激动了
Doctor told me not to smoke in the morning, but I am too excited.
你说得对
You’re right.
我现在简直不像个大夫 不像个大夫在看问题
I’m not an analyst, not even a doctor. I’m not talking to you as one.
相信我说这些是出于真心
But believe me, not what I say, but what I feel.
不能光靠理智
The mind isn’t everything.
有时候感情更可靠
The heart can see deeper sometimes.
警方的调查会毁掉他康复的机会
The shock of a police investigation might ruin his chances for recovery,
我能救他
and I can save him.
如果爱德华大夫真是他杀的 怎么办
But if he killed Dr. Edwardes, how can you help him?
不是他 不是他
He didn’t, he didn’t.
如果是他 我敢肯定查出来一定是他
But if it turns out he did, which I am good and certain it will.
不是的 弗洛伊德说过
It won’t. You yourself taught me what Freud says.
即使失去记忆的人也不会做出不符合他性格的事
A man cannot do anything in amnesia that his real character wouldn’t have done.
你知道他本来的性格是好是坏
And how do you know what his real character is?
我了解 我了解
I know. I know.
她了解
She knows.
你这样做是违背科学规律的
This is the way science goes backward.
你怎么了解他的性格
Who told you what he is?
弗洛伊德?还是占卜师?
Freud? Or a crystal ball?
我对于一个杀人的坏人
I couldn’t feel this way toward a man who was bad,
是不会这样的
who had committed murder.
我不会为一个坏人这样痛苦
I couldn’t feel this pain for someone who was evil.
你的精神病比他还要厉害
You are 20 times crazier than him.
“凡是你爱上的都是好人”
“She couldn’t love him if he was no good.”
这只是幼稚的话 仅此而已
This is baby talk, nothing else.
你想让我怎么办?
What do you want I should do?
给我点时间把他治好吧 警♥察♥要抓到他
Give me time to treat him and cure him before the police find him,
会吓得他永远也治不好的
and shock him into an incurable condition.
少说也得一年 – 不会的 不
This could take a year. – No. No, no.
好 就算半年吧
All right, half a year?
半年里头天天要提防着
We should sit and hide for half a year,
他要来切断你的喉管还是我的喉管
waiting to find out if he’s going to cut your throat, my throat,
还是放火烧这房♥子
and set fire to the house.
好孩子
Oh, my dear girl.
就算你的爱很深
Even to a woman in love,
这样的做法恐怕也不太合情理
such a situation must seem a little unreasonable.
再等几天 你再把他交出去
Just a few more days, Alex, before you turn him over.
再等几天吧 如果我
Just a few more days, and then if I can’t do anything,
如果我们治不好他 那你就报♥警♥察局吧
if we both can’t, then you can call the police.
你也不算窝藏犯人 除了他的犯罪狂想
You’re not hiding a criminal. There’s no evidence against him
没有别的罪证 他只是
except his own guilt fantasies. He’s wanted only
爱德华案件的嫌疑人
as a possible witness as to what happened to Dr. Edwardes.
目前也无法向警方解释什么
But in his present condition, he could tell the police nothing.
你看你没有做犯法的事
Don’t you see you’re doing nothing against the law?
我们是作为大夫在帮助官方调查这个病人
We are helping them by investigating the patient as doctors.
大夫更应该弄清事实的真♥相♥
Doctors who want the truth even more than they do.
好吧
All right.
不去报了?
You’ll wait?
倒杯咖啡来
Go make me coffee.
这几天我只好让自己装糊涂啦
I’ll pretend to myself I’m acting sensible for a few days.
谢谢
Thank you.
太谢谢了
Thank you very much.
我去煮咖啡和鸡蛋
I’ll make you coffee, with an egg.
你是谁?
Who are you?
布鲁诺夫博士
I’m Dr. Brulov.
布鲁诺夫 原来如此
Brulov? Yeah, that’s right.
是谁给我下的药
Bromides. Who’s been feeding me bromides?
我让你睡个好觉

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!