I couldn’t eat or work or do anything but think of you.
我不能不来
So I had to come.
我另外租间房♥间 我仅仅作为你的医生
I’ll get a room on this floor. I’m here as your doctor only.
这跟爱情没有关系
It has nothing to do with love.
没关系
Nothing at all.
没关系
Nothing at all.
试着回忆
Try remembering.
回顾一下你童年时期 快乐吗?
Let your mind go back to your childhood. Was it happy?
认识些什么人?
Whom did you know in your childhood?
我脑子很乱
I’m haunted, but I…
一片空白
I can’t see by what.
这没什么用 – 你在某处生活过
It’s no use. – You lived somewhere.
有妈妈 还有一些朋友
You had a mother, you were loved, you had friends.
是的
Yes.
说不定还有一个妻子呢
Probably a wife.
你还记得她吗?
Can you remember her?
我没说真的有
I didn’t say I had one.
只是有可能
I said I probably had.
没有 亲爱的 我发誓我想不起来有妻子
No, darling. Thank heaven, I can’t remember a wife.
我想问你的一个医学问题
I would like to ask you a medical question.
康斯坦斯 你不要老缠着我 我
Constance, would you mind not prodding me? It mixes me up. I…
什么都记不起来了
I can’t remember anything.
就知道我爱你
Except that I love you.
如果右上方疼痛 你看是什么病
How would you diagnose a pain in the right upper quadrant?
而且疼得厉害
A pain that is persistent?
那是胆囊炎 或者心脏病 或者肺炎
Gall bladder, possibly a heart case, or pneumonia,
这要看病人的病史
depending on the patient’s history.
你显然是个大夫
It’s obvious you’re a doctor.
是啊
Yes.
著名大夫X
The eminent Dr. X.
哪怕唤起一点点记忆 其余的都会记起来的
And if we can unlock one tiny memory, it will give us a key to the others.
不
No.
就有那么一件事 我一直在反复地想
The only thing that comes to my mind that I keep thinking over and over,
是不是合乎逻辑 – 什么逻辑?
is the logic of the situation. – What logic?
我当时跟爱德华在一起
That it was I who was with Edwardes.
“警方认为从医院里逃出来的骗子
“Police believe the impostor who escaped from Green Manors
“就是在坎伯兰山找过真爱德华大夫的病人
“to be the patient who visited the real Dr. Edwardes
“在同一天那位大夫失踪了
“in the Cumberland Mountains the day that the noted psychiatrist disappeared.
“自从爱德华大夫随同那个所谓的病人下山以后
“No trace of Dr. Edwardes has been found since he left the Cumberland Resort
“至今下落不明”
“in the company of his supposed patient.”
这你记得吗 – 不
Do you remember that? – No.
那你怎么知道你跟他在一起
Why do you believe then that you were with him?
因为我回来以后就用他的身份了
Because wherever we went, I came back with his identity.
我要不知道他死了
I wouldn’t have come back as Dr. Edwardes
我不会自称爱德华大夫
if I hadn’t known that he was dead.
他临死我要不在场 怎么会知道他死了
How would I know that he was dead if I hadn’t been with him when he died?
你在吗?
Were you?
我不记得了 不过…
I don’t remember, but…
按逻辑说 我一定在他身边
logically, I know that I must have been.
再按逻辑说 也该知道尸体为什么不见了
Logically, I also know why the body hasn’t been found.
是我把他藏了
Because it was hidden by me.
这些都是你想象出来的
Don’t you see that you are imagining all this?
你一点儿证据也没有 一口咬定自己杀了人
You call yourself names. You insist without proof that you’re a murderer.
你知道这叫什么
You know what that is, don’t you?
这就是犯罪心理在你身上的表现
Whoever you are, it’s a guilt complex that speaks for you.
是你童年就有的犯罪狂想
A guilt fantasy that goes way back to your childhood.
你真是疯了 你比我还要疯
I think you’re quite mad. You’re much crazier than I
居然肯为我付出这么大的代价
to do all this for a creature without a name,
一个连姓名也没有的人
to run off with a pair of initials.
警方没有向报纸发表你的名字或者病史
The police have not given your name or case history to the papers.
这个只能说明爱德华档案里面没有你名字
That must mean one thing. That your name was not in Dr. Edwardes’ files.
你过去受过伤
You were in an accident.
是在哪儿
Where was it?
你手怎么了 是烧伤的
What happened to your hand? Your hand was burned.
六个月前 你动过手术
You’ve had an operation in the last six months.
皮肤移植 三度烧伤
A skin graft. Third degree burns.
你手烧过 在哪儿
Your hand was burned. Where?
疼
It hurts.
你要回忆
Try remembering.
我手疼
My hand hurts.
你的手在回忆 说出来痛苦就消失了
Your hand is remembering. Open your mind and the pain will leave.
是在哪?- 不记得了 疼
Where did it happen? – I can’t. It hurts.
怎么伤的
What happened?
火 烧了手
It’s burning. My hand’s burning.
你再回忆
Try to remember.
亲爱的 你还好吗?
My dear, are you all right?
我没事 怎么了?
I’m all right. What happened?
你又体验了过去的情景
You relived an accident you’ve been in.
不过记忆仅仅接触到你感觉的部分
But the memory only touched the part of your mind that feels.
这是个开头 仅仅开头
But it’s a beginning. It really is.
一会儿就好了
You’ll feel better soon.
谁会来
Who could that be?
我知道 我叫他们送今天的晚报
I know. I sent down for the later editions of the papers.
是不是你要晚报 – 是的
You ordered the afternoon papers? – Yes.
刚到我就送来了 – 等一等
They just came. I brought them right up. – Just a minute.
给你的 谢谢 – 谢谢
Here you are. Thank you. – Thanks.
我上报了 他认出我了
My picture’s in the paper. He recognized me.
不要收拾行李 快走
We’ve got to go. Quick. We can’t pack.
听我说
Listen,
当你离开山区时 你一定会途经纽约
when you left the mountains, you must have passed through New York.
无论你来哪里 还是去哪里
Wherever you came from, wherever you went,
你一定在火车站待过
you must’ve been in a railroad station.
你一定知道爱德华买♥♥车票去哪里
You must have heard Edwardes ask for tickets to somewhere.
我不记得了
I don’t remember.
你可以的
You will.
现在你走到售票窗口 试着回想当时的情景
When you come to the ticket window, try to relive that other time with Edwardes.
试着重复当时说的话 去买♥♥相同的车票
Try to repeat what was said then. Ask for the same tickets.
我试试看
I’ll try.
费城一张
One, Philadelphia.
费城 含税共计3.39元 谢谢
Philadelphia. $3.39, including the total with tax. Thank you.
你去某地方找过爱德华
You went someplace with Edwardes.
现在去买♥♥相同地方的车票
Ask for tickets to that same place.
八元四毛六分
$8.46, including tax. Thank you.
去哪儿?
What is it?
到底要怎样 先生?
What do you want, sir?
不买♥♥ 请靠边
Can you please step aside?
我要两张票
I want two tickets.
去哪儿的?
Where to?
罗马
Rome.
罗马
Rome.
去哪儿
To where?
罗马
Rome.
哪个罗马?
What Rome?
他是说乔治亚州的罗马
He means Rome, Georgia.
有何不妥吗?
Is there anything wrong?
我丈夫病了 我们正要回家
My husband is ill. I’m taking him home.
给你票 乔治亚州的罗马两张
Here you are. Two tickets to Rome, Georgia.
他一会儿就会好的 只是头昏而已
He’ll be all right in a minute. These dizzy spells go away quickly.
他看起来病得很厉害 需要医生吗?
He looks pretty sick. I’ll call a doctor.
不 他会好的
No, no, he’ll be all right.
你现在感觉好些了吗 亲爱的
Do you feel better now, darling? Darling?
振作起来 你没事的
Pull yourself together. You’re all right.
往罗马的车几点开
When does the train for Rome leave?
伯明翰特快 十分钟后 十七站台发车
Birmingham Special. Leaves in 10 minutes. Track 17.
我好点了
I feel better now.
谢谢
Thank you.
为以防万一 我带你们去车站
That’s all right, I’ll take him to the train in case anything happens.
他现在已经恢复了
He has recovered now.
谢谢你的帮忙 我自己可以搞定 谢谢
You’re very nice to offer help, but I can get along. Thank you.
我们假装上这班火车 我们走下去再回来
Act as if we are taking this train. We walk down-aways and then turn back.
这趟火车有什么问题