What I am thinking isn’t true, then?
对 经过自我分♥析♥ 你就会明白的
No. In the course of analyzing yourself, you’ll see that.
你回病房♥去好吗 冈斯先生
Would you care to go back to your room, Mr. Garmes?
哈瑞
Harry.
还是给他服两天镇静剂吧
I think we’d better put him under drugs for a few days.
他太激动了
He looks agitated.
他是那么自信
His conviction is curious.
不过像这样的病例 你见得多了
But you’ve encountered such cases very often, Dr. Edwardes.
你不是都写进你的书里了吗
You described them perfectly in your book.
是
Yes.
我写过
Yes, so I did.
求你一件事好吗 – 别客气 院长
Would you mind doing me a favor? – Not at all, Doctor.
我头疼 我想下午跟你一块出去
I’ve a headache. I’d like to take the afternoon off. With you.
我知道 你要到晚上才值班
I understand you’re not on duty till after dinner.
我想在家整理笔记
I intended typing out my notes.
我想出去透透空气
Please, I need a little fresh air
我看你也该散散心
and you look as though it might do you a bit of good.
哈米什大夫约我吃午饭
I was going to lunch with Dr. Hanish.
他现在有个盗窃癖的病人
He has an interesting new patient, a kleptomaniac.
吃午饭谈盗窃癖 当心偷走你的胃口
Kleptomaniacs for lunch? They’ll steal the food right out of your mouth.
抱歉
Excuse me.
你好
Hello?
我是爱德华医生
Yes. Dr. Edwardes.
什么 是的 安东尼·爱德华
What? Yes, Anthony Edwardes.
谁?
Who?
抱歉 请问你贵姓?
Sorry, I don’t get your name.
诺玛·克拉马
Norma Cramer?
对不起 克拉马小姐 我很忙 我不认识你
Please, Miss Cramer, I’m very busy and I don’t know you.
是个女的 自称是…
Some girl claiming to be…
我讨厌恶作剧
I hate practical jokes, don’t you?
总有人喜欢乱打电♥话♥ 声称猜我是谁
People calling you up and chirping, “Guess who I am.”
可能是以前的病人
Sounds like some ex-patient of yours.
他们总爱开玩笑
They’re always full of coy little tricks.
非常可笑 我们走吧
Very likely. Come on, let’s go.
看看蓝天白云花草树木就忘却烦恼
We’ll look at some sane trees, normal grass, and clouds without complexes.
我认为诗人对我们人类最为有害了
I think the greatest harm done to the human race has been done by the poets.
不 诗人♥大♥多麻木不仁 不过并不残忍♥
Poets are dull boys, most of them, but not especially fiendish.
他们让人们对爱情产生了假象
But they keep filling people’s heads with delusions about love,
把爱情说的像音乐一样美 像群天使
writing about it as if it were a symphony orchestra, a flight of angels.
难道不是吗
Which it isn’t, eh?
当然不是
Of course not.
男女相爱
People fall in love, as they put it,
多半因为他们看到对方头发颜色
because they respond to a certain hair coloring,
或者说话声音举止像他们自己的父母
or vocal tones or mannerisms that remind them of their parents.
有时候没有任何原因
Or sometimes, for no reason at all.
不对 问题的实质是
But that’s not the point. The point is…
书本上的爱情和实际里爱情是两回事
that people read about love as one thing and experience it as another.
可他们想得到诗一般的接吻
They expect kisses to be like lyrical poems and
莎士比亚戏剧式的拥抱
embraces to be like Shakespearean dramas.
等发现不是这样就病了
And when they find out differently,
要精神分♥析♥了
then they get sick and they have to be analyzed, eh?
对 常有的事儿
Yes, very often.
教授 你犯的是呱呱呱病
Professor, you’re suffering from mogo on the go-go.
你说什么?
I beg your pardon.
你钻不过去 – 我钻得过去 我来过好几次了
You can’t get through there like that. – I can. I’ve done it many times.
疼吗?
You hurt?
不疼
No, not at all.
来 – 不 我不要紧
Here. – No, I’m perfectly all right.
我过去一个人常到这儿来
I’ve usually gone on picnics here alone.
一个人有什么好玩
That doesn’t sound like much fun.
我从来不为了玩
I haven’t gone in for fun, as you call it.
你看这儿多美
Isn’t this beautiful?
是美
Perfect.
吃饭吃饭 吃什么 火腿还是肝肠
Oh, lunch. Lunch. What will you have? Ham or liverwurst?
肝肠
Liverwurst.
今天有谁看到我们新任院长?
Has anybody seen our new chief today?
他可能分身乏术
He has been tied up.
他与彼特森大夫一起吃午饭
He frisked off with Dr. Petersen at noon.
真奇怪 刚上任第一天
It’s odd spending his first day running after Dr. Petersen
就像大学生一样紧追不舍
like a drooling college boy.
对她来说未必不是好事
It’ll do Constance good to be drooled over.
她太专注事业 荒废自己
Poor girl’s withering away with science.
我最近劝告她
I was telling her only recently
人生中一些重要的东西不应该缺失
that something vital was missing from her life.
请不用起来 我来是听说
Please don’t get up. I just came in because
冈斯先生还是很激动
I learned Mr. Garmes became agitated again this afternoon.
我给他吃药了
Yes, I gave him a sedative.
抱歉 我不在场
I’m very sorry I wasn’t here.
不客气 你看上去沉浸在寓教于乐的时光
Nonsense. You look as if you had an instructive time.
寓教于乐?
Instructive?
先生们 看看她的丝♥袜♥
Gentlemen, notice her stocking.
好像爬过树一样
The lady’s been climbing trees.
或躺在灌木丛中
Or lolling in a briar patch.
不 是树丛 头上还有两片树叶呢
No, it’s trees. There are two leaves in her hair.
我帮你拿 彼得森大夫
Allow me, Dr. Petersen.
你玩笑开过头了 弗洛罗大夫
You’re surpassing yourself as a charmer, Dr. Fleurot.
别走 一起喝咖啡吧
Don’t run away. Do have some coffee.
彼得森大夫已经吃过了
Dr. Petersen’s already eaten,
不信看她手指沾到的芥茉
as one can tell by the mustard on her right forefinger.
也许是热狗吧
I would say hot dogs on the state highway.
是吗 你的判断一向错误 弗洛罗大夫
Would you really? Your diagnosis is, as usual, wrong, Dr. Fleurot.
不是热狗 是肝肠
Not hot dogs, liverwurst.
抱歉 我得离开这无聊之地 我得去看看冈斯先生
I’m very sorry, I have to leave this nursery. I must see Mr. Garmes.
我们这位新院长看上去风流倜傥
It looks as if we have Casanova himself at the head of Green Manors.
一提到他的名字她就脸红
Did you notice her blush every time we mentioned his name?
很晚了
It’s very late.
我想再看一遍这本书
I was going to read your new book again.
想找人指导 找作者本人我还是第一次
I would like to discuss it. I have never discussed an author’s work with him.
当然在大学里也有教授指导我们
Of course, at school, we had several literary professors,
可那不一样
but that was quite different.
我有点胡言乱语吧
I sound rather nervous, don’t I?
你没有
Not at all.
其实不是想谈这本书
I thought I wanted to discuss your book with you.
这不过是个借口
I’m amazed at the subterfuge.
我不是来谈这本书的
I don’t want to discuss it at all.
我知道
I understand.
没想到一个人原来不像自己想的那样
It’s quite remarkable to discover that one isn’t what one thought one was.
我本来以为我对自己非常清楚
I mean, I’ve always been entirely aware of what was in my mind.
现在不清楚了?
And you’re not now?
太可笑了
It’s quite ridiculous.
我不该像个没主意的孩子来这儿
It was stupid of me to come in here like a distracted child.
你很可爱
You’re very lovely.
请别这么说 我不是为这来的
Please don’t talk that way. You’ll think I came in to hear that.
我知道为什么
I know why you came in.
什么
Why?
因为我们起了变化
Because something has happened to us.
就这么短的时间
But it doesn’t happen like that, in a day.
有时候只要一刹那
It happens in a moment sometimes.
下午我感觉到了
I felt it this afternoon.
就像晴天的霹雳
It was like lightning striking.
不常有的
It strikes rarely.
我不知道怎么发生的
I don’t understand how it happened.
怎么了?- 没什么
What is it? – It’s not you.
就是你的睡衣
Something about your robe.
睡衣?我不明白
My robe? I don’t understand.
对不起 我有样东西
Forgive me. Something struck me.
最近我的精神不太好 大概你的睡衣上
I’ve been having a rather bad time with my nerves lately. Your robe…
那黑色的条子
I mean, the dark lines.
你病了
You’re ill.
不 就会好的
I’ll be all right.
喂 我是爱德华