Very wonderful.
你穿上白色礼服
You’ll look wonderful in white
戴上发饰一定美极了
with a little orange blossom in your hair.
听起来有点像是在向我求婚吗?
That sounds vaguely as if it had something to do with marriage.
精辟的分♥析♥ 大夫
That’s a brilliant analysis, Doctor.
你好
Hello.
这是库里警官 杰尔斯比警士 认识吗?
You know Lieutenant Cooley and Sergeant Gillespie from Rochester?
对对 我们都认识
Yes, yes, we know them quite well.
怎么找来的?
How did you find us?
布鲁诺夫博士可没有帮忙
With no thanks to your friend, Dr. Brulov.
我们到火车站去问了一下 他们说你们就在这儿
We made a few inquiries at the railroad station. You left a trail a mile wide.
你们来得可正是时候
You arrived just in the nick of time.
对了 来的正是时候
I believe that’s the usual expression.
我们找到爱德华的尸体
We found the body of Dr. Edwardes.
就在你们报告当地警♥察♥局的那个地方
It’s almost exactly where you told the local police it would be.
你的记性很不错
You remember the spot very well.
谢天谢地 终于水落石出了
Thank goodness it’s all cleared up.
还没有 彼得森大夫
Not quite, Dr. Petersen.
尸体上发现了一颗子弹
I’m afraid a bullet was found in the body.
这不可能
That’s impossible.
背部中弹 是谋杀案件
It was in his back. – The case is one of murder.
我们现在要拘捕你
We shall have to detain you, sir.
凡是你说的话都可以作为有效的罪证
It’s my duty to inform you that anything you say may be used against you.

No.
你不要说是你杀的
You mustn’t say you killed him.
想一想爱德华摔下去以前的情况
Try to remember what happened before Edwardes went over.
他是不正常才说是他杀的
But when he said he killed him, he wasn’t himself.
当时他的精神极端痛苦
He was in a state of great mental distress.
你们不能把他关起来
You can’t put him away. You can’t!
这会毁了他的 懂了吗
It’ll destroy his mind. Don’t you understand?
再见了 亲爱的
Goodbye, my dear.
千万不要放弃 我一定会想办法还你自♥由♥
We won’t give up hope. I’m going to fight and fight and get you free.
亲爱的孩子
My dear girl,
你不能老是不面对现实
you cannot keep bumping your head against reality
说什么也没有用
and saying it is not there.
证据确凿
The evidence was definite.
祈祷哭闹都没用
We can’t remove it by wishing or crying.
他相信我
He trusted me.
这等于我害了他 告了他
I led him into a trap. I convicted him.
难道这还不够吗?
Is that real enough for you?
不能怪任何人
There is no one to blame.
这个案子比你想象的复杂
The case was a little deeper than you figured.
这很正常
This often happens.
你现在应该明白
You must realize now one thing.
事情已经结束了
It is over for both of you.
这没结束
It’s not over.
你接着当大夫
You will have other cases.
还没结束 永远不会结束
It’s not over. It never will be.
我不能放弃 我不能
Don’t ask me to stop, I can’t. I can’t.
对不起
Oh, I’m… I’m sorry, I…
我感谢莫奇森大夫和大家
Thanks for straightening things out with Dr. Murchison
帮我摆平一切
and everyone.
失去了一个心爱的人
It is very sad
是很痛苦
to love and lose somebody.
不过你会忘了的
But in a while, you’ll forget,
你还会重新鼓起勇气
and you will take up the threads of your life
按原来的生活活下去
where you left off not so long ago
会发奋工作
and you will work hard.
人可以在工作里寻找乐趣
There’s lots of happiness in working hard.
无穷的乐趣
Maybe the most.
我以后写信给你
I will write to you.
阿力克斯
Oh, Alex.
你对我实在太好了
You’re very good.
很抱歉来催你了 布鲁诺夫医生
I’m sorry to hurry you, Dr. Brulov,
车子已经在门口等了
but your car is waiting.
你没时间了
You have just time.
谢谢
Thank you.
我记性差 老是误点
I’m always late, always forgetting.
了不起的人
A brilliant man.
我应该送他去车站
I should have gone to the station with him.
你累了
You’re too tired.
这种疲惫的感觉我常有
I know that feeling of exhaustion only too well.
弦绷得太紧是会断的
One must humor it, or it explodes.
我会想办法照顾你
I shall try to help you in every way.
你也要自己保重 – 是的
You will take care of yourself? – Yes.
把过去的事都忘了吧
And try to forget things better forgotten.
你将来是很有前途的 康斯坦斯
You’ve got a great career ahead of you, Constance.
谢谢 不过 不幸中的万幸
Thank you. Well, at least one good thing came out of all this.
你又回来主持工作了
You are back at Green Manors.
要换了爱德华大夫领导不堪设想
Who knows what would have happened to the place under Dr. Edwardes?
我跟爱德华一面之交
I knew Edwardes only slightly.
我不太喜欢他
I never really liked him.
不过说起来这个人还不错
But he was a good man, in a way, I suppose.
好了 晚安 康斯坦斯
Well, good night, Constance.
希望你明天照常工作
I hope you feel rested in the morning.
我跟爱德华一面之交
I knew Edwardes only slightly.
我不太喜欢他
I never liked him very well.
我跟爱德华一面之交
I knew Edwardes only slightly.
跟爱德华一面之交
Knew Edwardes slightly.
跟爱德华…
Knew Edwardes.
跟爱德华一面之交
Knew Edwardes slightly.
一面之交
Knew Edwardes.
一面之交
Knew.
一面之交
Knew.
一面之交
Knew.
进来
Come in.
我想跟你谈谈 莫奇森大夫
I want to talk to you, Dr. Murchison.
不早了 你应该休息了
It’s rather late, and you need rest, Constance.
我们现在谈
I must talk to you.
晚上谈问题太伤神了
Nocturnal confidences are bad for the nerves.
是谈你的工作吗?- 是的
Is it something about your work? – Yes.
明天谈不行吗?- 现在谈
Can’t it wait till morning? – It can’t wait.
那坐下吧
Do sit down.
好了
Now,
是什么事情
what’s your problem?
是有关我病人的一个梦
It is a dream one of my patients reported.
请问病人是谁?
May I ask who the patient is?
这病人叫约翰·巴伦泰
The patient is John Ballyntine.
不出所料
I fancied that.
你还不死心 想证明他是无辜的
You’re still working on the possibility of his innocence.
忠诚不渝
Charming loyalty.
这是你最可爱的性格 康斯坦斯
One of your most attractive characteristics, Constance.
是个什么梦?
What did he dream?
他梦见他在个赌场里 有很多人…
He dreamt he was in a gambling house, it was full of odd people
在玩空白的纸牌
playing with blank cards.
空白纸牌
Blank cards.
病人梦见不合逻辑的纸牌 显然是想否认
Obviously the patient was trying to deny it was a gambling house
这是个赌场
by dreaming of spurious cards.
那地方还有人在剪周围的幕布
One of the people in the place went around cutting the drapes in half.
另外 还有一个女孩子在吻所有的人
Another was a scantily dressed girl who was kissing everybody.
这个很容易猜得出 是指医院里的病人
With a little effort, one could almost imagine the inmates of Green Manors.
我也这么想 莫奇森大夫
That’s what I had in mind, Dr. Murchison.
够人寻味的想法 对吗
Interesting notion to play around with, isn’t it?
接着说
Do go on.
四周围的幕布画着许多眼睛
There were eyes painted on the curtains around the walls.
是指这儿的看守
The guards at Green Manors.
病人后来不玩空白的纸牌了
The patient was playing cards, now no longer blank.
他跟个留胡子的 就是爱德华大夫 在赌21点
A game of twenty-one with a bearded man who was evidently Dr. Edwardes.
对 病人梦里的大夫总是个有胡子的权威
Yes, one usually dreams of one’s analyst as authority with a beard.
他发给爱德华一张梅花七 爱德华就说
He dealt Edwardes the seven of clubs, and Edwardes said,
“21点了”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!