I gave you, to sleep.
布鲁诺夫
Brulov.
对 在罗彻斯特
Oh, yes. Rochester.
你叫什么名字?
What’s your name?
我不晓得
I don’t know.
她都告诉你了吧?
Constance told you.
没人告诉我什么
Nobody told me.
要是我连健忘症都不懂的话 那我还懂什么
If I don’t know a patient with amnesia when I see one, what do I know?
你还记得你父母吧
You don’t remember your father or mother?
不
No.
妻子或者女朋友?
Wife or sweetheart?
不
No.
别生气 我只是想帮助你
Don’t fight me. I’m going to help you, if I can.
我来扮演你父亲好了
I’m going to be your father image.
你把我想像成是你♥爸♥爸
I want you to look on me like your father.
你必须相信我
Trust me, lean on me.
这是简单有效办法 我们时间不多了
It’s a shortcut, but we haven’t much time.
好 来吧 我配合
All right. Go ahead, I’m leaning.
你是不是有话想告诉我
Maybe you’ve got something you want to tell me,
想到什么突然想到的一句什么话
a single thought, a few words in the corner of your head.
要有就说吧
Go on, talk to me.
不管你想到什么 都说出来吧
Whatever comes into your head, just say what it is.
没有
There’s nothing.
你做过什么梦吗?
Maybe you dreamt something?
做过
Yeah.
梦见什么啦?
What did you dream?
我不相信梦 弗洛伊德那一套
I don’t believe in dreams. That Freud stuff’s a lot of hooey.
这个你配议论吗?
You are a fine one to talk.
你失去记忆 你有犯罪心理
You’ve got amnesia, and you’ve got a guilt complex.
你现在连从哪儿来到哪儿去都不知道
You don’t know if you are coming or going from someplace,
弗洛伊德那一套
but Freud is hooey.
你倒知道
This you know.
真不赖
A wise guy.
你很讨厌我吧 爸爸
You don’t like me, Papa.
你到底要不要我帮?
Do you want I should help you or not?
对不起
I’m sorry.
关于梦我会解释给你听
I’ll explain to you about dreams,
不是你想像的胡说八道
so you don’t think it is hooey.
要探究你到底是谁
The secrets of who you are
你是怎么会逃亡的
and what has made you run away from yourself,
这些秘密都深埋在你脑海里
all these secrets are buried in your brain.
只是你不愿意去面对
But you don’t want to look at them.
人类经常会不愿面对现实
The human being very often doesn’t want to know the truth about himself,
因为事实会触痛他们的伤口
because he thinks it will make him sick.
所以他们为了忘却一切反而会生病
So he makes himself sicker trying to forget.
你知道吗?- 嗯
You follow this? – Yeah.
好点吗?- 咖啡
How do you feel? – Coffee.
难受
Awful.
病人说要把他的梦告诉我们
The patient is going to tell us what he dreamt.
太好了 我去拿眼镜 记下来
Fine, I’ll take notes. I’ll get my glasses.
那有所思就有所梦
Now here’s where dreams come in.
梦就是你心里想的事情
They tell you what you are trying to hide.
不过它像一个疑团
But they tell it to you all mixed up,
完全搅合在一起 不太好懂
like pieces of a puzzle that don’t fit.
精神病大夫就是要检查这个疑团
The problem of the analyst is to examine this puzzle
把各个部分都理出头绪来
and put the pieces together in the right place.
再看看 你那个心里到底在想些什么
And find out what the devil you are trying to say to yourself.
是啊
Let’s see.
做梦时候我一直在想梦是有意思的
I kept thinking while I was dreaming that all this meant something,
可是不是还有别的意思 我不知道了
that there was some other meaning in it that I ought to find out.
我们会知道的
We’ll find out.
我就弄不清那是个什么地方
I can’t make out just what sort of a place it was.
它好像是一个大赌场
It seemed to be a gambling house.
可四面没有墙 就挂着
But there weren’t any walls, just a lot of curtains
画了好多眼睛的幕布
with eyes painted on them.
一个人拿着把大剪子
A man was walking around with a large pair of scissors
一边走 一边在剪那些幕布
cutting all the drapes in half.
后来来了一个穿得很少的姑娘
And then a girl came in with hardly anything on
她走到每一个赌客面前 停下来吻他们
and started walking around the gambling room kissing everybody.
她先来到我的牌桌
She came to my table first.
你认出这姑娘是谁吗?
Did you recognize this kissing bug?
我觉得她有点像康斯坦斯
I’m afraid she looked a little like Constance.
这是一般满足愿望的梦想
This is plain, ordinary, wishful dreaming.
接着说
Go on.
我跟一个留胡子的人在那赌牌
I was sitting there playing cards with a man who had a beard.
是我在做庄 我发给他一张梅花七
I was dealing to him. I turned up a seven of clubs.
他说 “21点 我赢了”
He said, “That makes 21. I win.”
他翻开两张空白的牌
But when he turned up his cards, they were blank.
就在这个时候 赌场老板过来说他作弊
Just then, the proprietor came in and accused him of cheating.
大声地说 “我开的赌场
The proprietor yelled “This is my place.
“要再抓到你作弊 我不客气了”
“If I catch you again, I’ll fix you.”
很抱歉 关于那个吻女郎
I’m sorry about that kissing bug.
没有像其他病人把我梦成打蛋器 我就心满意足了
I’m glad you didn’t dream of me as an eggbeater, as one of my patients did.
有何含意?
Why? What would that mean?
别管那个了
Never mind.
从我的梦里能看出什么吗?
Does it make any sense to you, what I’ve dreamed?
还没 再多说一点关于自己的事
Not yet. You’re trying to tell yourself something.
我们会找到线索的
What it is, we’ll figure out later.
信息有点多
There’s a lot more to it.
再讲得具体点
Go on and try to recall the details.
越是稀奇古怪 就越有科学价值
The more cockeyed, the better for the scientific side of it.
他站在一幢高楼的屋顶上
It was, leaning over the sloping roof of a high building
那个留胡子的人 我叫他当心
was the man with the beard. I yelled at him to watch out.
他摔下来了 慢慢地摔下来
Then he went over slowly, with his feet in the air.
后来我又看见戴着面具的赌场老板
And then I saw the proprietor again, the man in the mask.
他躲在一个大烟囱后面 手里拿着个小轮子
He was hiding behind a tall chimney and he had a small wheel in his hand.
他把轮子扔在屋顶上
I saw him drop the wheel on the roof.
突然我在奔跑
Suddenly I was running.
听见头顶上有啪啪的声音
Then I heard something beating over my head.
原来是个大翅膀
It was a great pair of wings.
眼看着翅膀要赶上我了
The wings chased me and almost caught up with me
我跑到了山脚底下
when I came to the bottom of the hill.
是不是逃出来 不记得了
I must have escaped. I don’t remember.
就做到这儿 醒过来看见博士了
That’s all there was. I woke up and saw Dr. Brulov.
喝点咖啡 – 谢谢
Have some coffee. – Thanks.
要出事了
Something’s happening there.
怎么了
What is it?
雪
Snow.
他害怕光
The light frightened him.
是畏光症
Photophobia.
不 是因为雪
No. It was the snow.
他是怕白颜色 雪上划的道儿
That’s the white he’s afraid of. Snow and those tracks.
什么道?- 雪橇划的道
What tracks? – The sled tracks in the snow.
第一次时他看到叉子桌布上划的道儿
The first symptom he revealed was shock at the sight of fork lines
感到害怕
drawn on a white tablecloth.
后来是我睡衣上的条子
And my robe, which had dark lines on it.
昨天是白床单
And last night, the white coverlet,
现在是雪上划的道
like those dark tracks in the snow.
把窗帘放下来吧
We’ll pull the blinds down, please.
爱德华大夫喜欢体育
Dr. Edwardes was fond of sports.
他书上说网球和滑雪
He mentions tennis and skiing in his book as valuable
对治疗精神病很有成效
in the treatment of mental disorders.
滑雪
Skiing.
雪橇划的道儿
Ski tracks in the snow.
那些线条都是这些道儿的象征
That’s what those dark lines symbolize for him.
他对这些道儿的恐惧是和他失去的记忆
His horror of them means, of course, that they are immediately connected
有直接联♥系♥的
with the cause of his amnesia.
对 冰上谋杀案
Yes. A murder on skis.
一定要知道爱德华去哪儿滑的雪
Where did Edwardes go for his skiing? We must find out.
这你知道吗 想一想
Can you tell us where? Try.
他刚才说的梦 告诉我们了