These common dishes leave my stomach unsettled.
何况这粗茶淡饭我也吃不惯
Some wine perhaps, while we wait for your husband?
要不喝一杯吧 你丈夫还没来呢
Sestian?
赛斯酒
No, but something of equal taste?
不 不过味道差不多
Water, then.
那还是喝水吧
The heat and the dust. Will it ever rain again?
又热又燥 几时才会下雨啊
We can only pray.
我们唯有祈祷
Can’t place foot on street in Capua
卡普亚街上挤满了
without hearing someone pleading to the heavens for a sprinkle.
祈求上苍降雨的人
And the gods yet ignore us.
神明根本不理不顾
Perhaps we’ve done something to offend them.
也许我们冒犯了他们
I try to do a little something everyday.
其实我每天都会干点冒犯神明的事
So you’re the cause, Ilithyia.
原来你是祸根 伊莉西娅
I’d stand a bit away. Jupiter could hurl a bolt at any moment.
我得躲远点 朱庇特随时会用雷劈我
He’d have to choose between targets.
他也需要筛选下目标
And I thought I was in the presence of a proper roman woman.
我觉得我还算是个得体的罗马女人
Proper is a word forged by men who would seek to enslave us with it.
得体 只是男人发明的
用来束缚我们的词
Kerza!
Have you ever been inside a ludus?
你来过训练场吗
No. I’ve always wanted to. But father would never allow it.
我想来
可惜父亲不允许
You obey his commands?
看来你很听话
Not all of them. Or my husband’s.
不完全听 对丈夫也一样
How do you live with the noise and the smell, surrounded by these animals?
你怎么受得了这些噪音和气味
随时面对这群猛兽
Yes, they are wild and savage, aren’t they?
他们确实凶猛野蛮 不是吗
Something out of a fever dream. Isn’t it a worry?
这场面真是太神奇了
不担心么
I mean, what if they went insane all at once, clamoring for blood?!
万一场面失控 他们杀红了眼呢
This ludus has been in my husband’s family for generations.
我丈夫祖祖辈辈都负责这个训练场
And yet it stands.
至今相安无事
What about your children? Do you let them play with them?
那你的子女呢 让他们参与吗
Um, I’m without children.
我并无子嗣
Oh. Apologies. I just thought a woman of your age…
抱歉 我以为按你的年纪
Um.
Come. We leave for Rome.
走 我们回罗马去
So soon?
这么快?
Well, can’t we stay awhile? I want to watch the gladiators.
不能多待一会儿吗
我想看角斗士
Another time. Come.
下次再看 走
Kerza!
柯泽
Pair with Spartacus.
对阵斯巴达克斯
Yes, Doctore.
遵命 多科特
Recruits! Attend!
新人 集♥合♥
Show the thracian what we’ve learned in his absence.
给色雷斯人看看 你们都学了什么
Form one. Attack!
第一式 出招
Raaa!
Ahhh!
Form two. Attack!
第二式 出招
Yaaaa!
Raaa!
Uh!
Spartacus!
斯巴达克斯
Spartacus!
斯巴达克斯
Uh!
The gods haven’t pissed on me enough for one day?!
老天是要折腾死我啊
Legatus fucking Glaber spurns me like a common slave, but no!
该死的葛雷博竟然狗眼看人低
Let’s add shit to the piss let’s pour it in his mouth!
简直就是往我头上扣屎盆子
If word gets out that Batiatus can’t control his own men…
如果被人知道 巴蒂塔斯管不住人
I warned you of their quality.
我提醒过你他们不行
You warn me nothing! You counsel, and make promises to the air!
你没说过 你就会开空头支票
“My hands, your will.”
说什么”任您吩咐”
The Legatus, barely beyond my fucking gates!
将军勉强进了门就走了
The thracian is unpredictable.
那色雷斯人无法掌控
Then school him to our standards.
那就教他规矩
Rod and lash fall unnoticed. He’s an animal, best unleashed in the mines.
棍棒皮鞭对他不起作用
他根本就是蛮兽 丢去矿区最好
No. The rest to the gods, they were all of little cost.
不行 其他人都不算什么
Spartacus is more highly valued, his worth well exceeding their entire sum.
就斯巴达克斯身价高
比那一票人加起来还值钱
I will have return. If not from the Legatus,
我要得到收益 如果将军给不了我
then from the man himself.
那就从他身上捞
Even though he is unpredictable?
就算他无法掌控?
He is but passionate, and he stirs the same in others.
他一腔热血 富有影响力
A boon to the crowds, if we can but divine the instrument of his taming.
他必成万民之首
只要我们能驯服他
He struggled to retain this bit of fabric, even as the guards beat him.
他死命挣扎去抓这布条
连侍卫的毒打都阻止不了
It may bring you some service.
也许是条线索
I noted this in the hand of the Legatus, upon his arrival.
我认得这个 是将军来时手上拿着的
Bring him to my chamber. I’ll press to discovery.
把他带到我房♥间 我来调♥教♥
Why are you here?
你为什么会到这里
In this place. Under my hospitality. Do you know why?
到这个地方 受我庇护 你知道为何
Because I trusted in the honor of a roman.
因为我信仰罗马人的尊严
You are here because of my grandfather.
其实是因为我祖父
He built this ludus.
他创立了这训练场
He believed that no man was without worth.
他相信天生我材必有用
That even the most vile among us could rise to honor and glory.
至贱之民亦可得到荣耀
He instilled these beliefs in my father,
我父亲继承了这样的理念
who in turn passed them on to me.
随后又传给了我
I am a lanista, like my forefathers. A trainer of gladiators.
我是角斗士训练者 如同我的先祖
I see things in men that they themselves have lost.
我能看透人性中被蒙蔽的特点
A small spark. An ember.
虽是星星之火
I give it breath, tinder. Until it ignites in the arena.
只需稍许火种 便可绽放竞技场
I burn for no cause but my own.
我只为自己而斗
And what might that be? Money?
那会是什么 金钱?
You’ve cost me enough on that front.
在这方面你已花费我很多了
No, not so base a cause for this one.
不 不会是这么低级的原因
Position, then? Power? Love?
地位 权力 还是爱情
You have a woman, thracian?
你有女人吧 色雷斯人
I have a wife.
是我的妻子
And do you love her?
你爱她吗
Of course you do. I can see it in the eye,
果然 看你那阴郁的眼 紧锁的颌
tensing of the jaw.
What might be the name of this delicate flower?
敢问她芳名
Sura.
苏拉
Where is she?
她在哪儿
He took her. When he came for me.
他抓我的时候 带走了她
Legatus Glaber? He has her?
葛雷博将军吗 在他手上?
He sold her to a syrian.
他把她卖♥♥给了一个叙利亚人
Well then how do you know she still lives?
那你怎么知道她还活着
How do you know the heart beats beneath your chest?
那你怎么知道胸膛里的心依然跳动
Most days, I don’t. I’m just a simple roman
很多时候 我并不知道
我只是个罗马人
trying to make his way against the whim of the gods, the politicians,
苟延残喘
周♥旋♥于神明 政客和不法之徒
the miscreants, though often you can’t tell one from another.
尽管他们常常没有区别
But you, you are the most dangerous of animals.
而你 你是最危险的猛兽
The beast born of the heart.
但也怀抱一颗仁爱之心
What would you do to hold your wife again?
为了妻子 你会怎么做
To feel the warmth of her skin, to taste her lips?
为了再次的一亲芳泽
Would you kill?
你愿意杀人吗
Whoever stood between us.
拆散我俩的人 决不留情
How many men? A hundred? A thousand?
能杀多少 一百还是一千
I would kill them all.
全部
Then do it in the arena!
那就去角斗场里好好表现
Fight for me and the honor of my forefathers!
为了我和先祖的荣耀而战
Prove yourself. Climb to the pinnacle, gain your freedom
证明你自己 用尽全力 赢得自♥由♥
and that of the woman you’ve lost.
夺回你失去的女人
I did not lose her. She was taken from me.
我没有失去她
她是被人强行带走的
A man must accept his fate. Or be destroyed by it.
大丈夫要能屈能伸
否则必将被命运所摧毁
Why would I place my fate in the hands of another roman?
为什么我要把我的命运
交给另一个罗马人
Because of what they hold.
因为这个
Your wife’s?
这是你妻子的吧
Pass the final test, tonight. With honor and servitude.
通过最后的测试
表现出你的尊严和态度
Call me Dominus. And I will help to reunite you.
唤我为你的主人
我会帮你们夫妻团聚
The choice is yours.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!